Hollander Home Fashions Employee Reviews

Productive, family owned friendly.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 5, 2015
This is a family owned business and they are located in six states including Canada. They supply bedding products to many major stores throughout the US and Canada. Working for this company was very pleasant and up beat and everyone in the corporate office worked as a team. The other locations was also very friendly and we all got alone very well. Most of the management was with the company 15-20 years or longer and their was family members working together to make this company a success.
A typical day was punching in going to work area and turn on switchboard, and started the by answering incoming coming. I had to screen calls for the executives and or take messages and forward them to whomever it was for. I enjoyed working for this company, because it was small and it was ran very well and everyone was treated like family.
Pros
discount merchandise, free holiday parties
Cons
health insurance, 401k, vacation, paid holidays, and holiday celebrations.
Productive but strict
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Frackville, PAMarch 19, 2014
I would walk in, clock in, and go to my machine. I would start the machine and begin my work day. I learned how a pillow is made. The management was lacking due to the constant disappearing of supervisors. Most of my co-workers did not speak english. The hardest part of my job was to try to reach a target goal of 4200 pillows in one night. The most enjoyable part of my job was cleaning up at the end of the day.
Pros
cheap vending machines
Cons
short breaks
Great people to work with.
Payroll Administrator/Benefits Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Tignall, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Check time clock to make sure clock in/out was done by employees.
Check for excused missed days, issue write-ups for employee's that were not excused to miss work. complete projects as assigned. Process payroll thru ADP.
I learned how to operate new computer programs.
Management was amazing.
My most enjoyable part of the day was all day. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tignall, GAAugust 23, 2013
I enjoyed working for Hollander Home Fashions they have good supervisor and management team when I was there. When I was their I learn to do alot of different jobs. Its was a production job and I made my production everyday. My coworker was a hard working group made sure we meet our standard and production. The hardest thing about the job was the point system especiaaly when uyou have kids. The most enjoyable thing about the job that I learn how to do everything expect for maintanance.
Textile manufacturing company.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 11, 2012
Hollander is a textile manufacturing company that has great product knowledge and excellent marketiing skills. Hollander is family owned company and it was reflected in the treatment of their employees. All tasks could be performed in about 40 to 43 hours per week for all employees.
Pros
employee activities and free lunches weekly.
Strange working hours (feast or famine)
Tignall Ga. (Former Employee) –  Packer promoted to Production SupervisorNovember 4, 2011
Hollander is not a bad place to work it is family oriented. When orders are plentiful there is a lot of work .When orders a slack you may wonder if you still have a job.
Pros
family oriented fun environment
Cons
too much drama and no balance in the work schedule
Productive and Professional atmosphere
A/R Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed learning new tasks and taking on new challenges. I worked for a mutli million dollar manufacturing company with 9 new plants. I was trained in EDI processing system and different currencies. I am looking for a position in the Ft. Lauderdale area.
Pay sucks big time..............couldn't make ends meet.
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2013
I would recommend this job for students only........Not for someone who has kids or a family.
Pros
nice atmosphere and you always get to meet new people.
Cons
the pay is very small.
A little hectic
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Frackville, PA.February 19, 2015
The packing job was ok so long as you didn't have to worry about the stuffing aspect of the job. Very strenuous, some heavy lifting involved
Pros
steady full time work
Cons
the materials that were constantly in the air
safe work place
production worker (Former Employee) –  frackville,paJuly 20, 2015
it was a safe and comfortable work place and I learned some good experience from there such as shipping and receiving how to use a pallet jack
Pros
safe work place
Cons
crowded work area
Lots of old machines to work on.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2015
Busy with ordering and researching suppliers for better prices, assigning maintenance mechanics to different problems. Installing new machines, and fixing old or broken parts.
Wonderful and hands on company
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Frackville, PANovember 17, 2014
Fantastic company to work for. Friendly atmosphere and always welcoming. Bigger job opporunities within the company and employees treated with welcoming arms.
Pros
free dinners and lunch.
Cons
overtime
It was a job
Filler (Former Employee) –  Frackville, PANovember 22, 2013
I worked in a factory, Sewing blankets, pillows. Then I was filling them with cotton and feathers.
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
long days
Entrepreneurial organization
Senior Vice President of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 7, 2013
Great career. Leader in the industry, well know for service and supply of great Basic Bedding products.
Unbelievably cheap sweatshop
Management (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 9, 2014
revolving door; no benefits
This company is really out of touch
worker
operator (Former Employee) –  Frackville, PAJuly 22, 2014
hard place to work, good people,good administration, poor supervision, pay on time