Hollander Sleep Products Employee Reviews

Terrible sewing floor
Sewing (Former Employee) –  Munfordville, KYJanuary 23, 2018
The company is small and favoritism is an all time high. 6 days a week, unable to use any earned time off per HR. When contacting HR you'll never get through or get a call back. That management is terrible, and allowing people to fall asleep on the job without any consequence. Yet another thinks she has cancer and they won't give her the time off to find out. So she quits. Company is awful!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Literally everything else
it is an american sweatshop .. poverty low pay , inadequate break times over long hrs.
Sewer (Current Employee) –  IowaJanuary 11, 2018
2 ten minute breaks and lunch only 15... pay is poverty level .. factory is unsafe..breathing is hard...no ventilation..benefits suck..no confidential
Pros
Cons
short breaks .poverty pay, low quality products, benefits suck ..managment are idiots .
The management is one of the worst I've seen with almost no place for advancement.
Production Artist/Designer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 8, 2018
I've never worked anywhere else with such a complete lack of care for its employees. Any work-related agreements can be changed or "forgotten." The management style seems based completely on bias and personal moods rather than quality of work or diligence. Rather than being considered when trying to suggest ways for improvement on organization, efficiency, etc., you are treated as lesser and expendable. The only reason I gave it 2 stars rather than 1 is because I think some departments may be better managed than others (though I cannot be certain). My department had been completely turned over (other than myself) with 3 different teams in about 2 years (and that's only the turnovers I know of). That in itself speaks volumes.
Hollander Sleep Products
Closer and Packer (Former Employee) –  Frackville, PADecember 3, 2017
A day at Hollander was a great challenging and competitive. I enhance, learn how supervise, work with people and daily challenges. I manage working with the lines and shift supervisors. The hardest part of the job was only the distance other than that i enjoy every day and learn on a daily base.
Highly stressful environment where management has little regard for employee happiness
Shipping personel (Current Employee) –  Maquoketa, IAOctober 25, 2017
I would not recommend working at Hollander. They expect you to work miracles with minimal staff. One week you will work 30 hours and the following they expect you to work weekends.
Pros
Four weeks vacation after completing 10-plus years of service
Cons
Equipment is not maintained properly, Only 2 short breaks in an 8 hour shift, Expect you to work over at any given moment
Decent place to work to keep the bills paid. Weekly pay
Spotter/Truck Driver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL / Louisville, KYOctober 25, 2017
As Spotter/Truck Driver/Shipper, my day starts at 6:30 in the morning. Being the only truck driver for the entire plant, I have to service all departments(Shipping, Receiving, Production and Recycling). I requested to start earlier, given the fact that I have to cover all departments as the only truck driver. Request was denied due to strategy...the strategy being that I complete my duties and responsibilities for first shift, and set up second shift before I leave, which may keep me there longer than expected. So, you could say my schedule fluctuates day to day.

By normal standards, my schedule should be 6:30a.m.- 3p.m. (30 min lunch) and two 15 min breaks. There are many times when I can't take my breaks or lunch when scheduled. Honestly, I never know when my day will end, and I never know when I'll have a weekend off. Sometimes they don't tell me if I have to work the weekend or not until Friday.
Poor management
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 2, 2017
They don't pay bonus, I just don't like the poor management
I therefore advice people not to work there ,
There is no fair and balanced within the employee , poor Working environment, too hot ,no ac
The Company
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GASeptember 20, 2017
It is taking some adjusting this is a union plant and is so different from what I am use to but it is coming along. I would recommend hire to others.
stressful and productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GASeptember 5, 2017
productive and good employees but they change management constantly its what I call the blind leading the blind its very poor management. overall I learned a lot from several departments including shipping, inventory, and leadership skills from the production department and inventory department
not a good place to work.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Munfordville, KYJuly 12, 2017
They would push you hard and your best was never good enough. The benefits were expensive and not very good. After working there a year all they were willing to give you was two days of vacation.
Great corporate office
Intern (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 11, 2017
I worked in the corporate office in Boca Raton, Fl. The management that I worked with in the finance department was great to work with and very experienced. Very good environment. I didn't have any workplace problems and my team was great to me when I worked there.
Pros
Relaxed dress, very positive workplace environment
Good job
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tignall, GAMay 3, 2017
This job paid well and had a good work environment i worked for this company until i had to relocate to a different county due to living reasons. great job to have
exciting at times
Packer/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAMay 1, 2017
fast paced, productive, and generally hot in summers. the most enjoyable part was the parties that were thrown when production rates were high and the hardest was the environment and the flexible schedule
productive place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAMarch 6, 2017
fast paced but they ten to overwork you only 30 min lunch over all good for experience. nice people ,cons/ they force overtime on you. nice clean area to work with.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
overwork you
quilting operator
Quilting Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Munfordville, KYFebruary 20, 2017
this jobs is terrible, management doesn't treat you with respect, its all favortism and benefits will get ripped out from your feet with no warning. 4 day work week one months 6 day week next month.
Pros
small factory
Cons
everything else
Daily work day
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GANovember 23, 2016
Upon arriving to work I go over the previous days production report and compare to the needs of the rest of the week and I schedule production accordingly.
I hold staffing meetings with my direct reports and lay out the game plan for the week.
I ensure that all safety requirements are met at all times and that the environment is a safe working one.
Pros
The company provides a very quality product
Cons
The entry level employees are poorly compensated.
Love the Marketing Dept.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 8, 2016
The marketing department at Hollander was fun, fast moving and always creative. I loved working with everyone, but would have liked more of a work life balance. Turnover rates were high and higher paying position job security was low.
Productive and fun experience
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2016
Productive experience, good remembers and excellent work atmosfer. A lot of oportunities to develop carrers as a administrative assistant. Is a place that will be easy to miss.
Productive Place
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2016
Busy day.
Small Plant
Typical Management.
Helpful co-workers
Have to work all the weekends.
Busy during holiday seasons
Salary Matching the market, but requires more responsibilities .
Ever changing and Over expecting
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2016
Hollander is an extremely fast paced environment and has a rather high expectation of output based on under compensation compared to market in area.
Pros
ever changing fun fast paced
Cons
under paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollander Sleep Products. Our community is ready to answer.