HOLLANDER Employee Reviews in United States

Not Reccomended
Surger/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Munfordville, KYSeptember 5, 2015
First of all, there is no way to balance work and life with that place. When we were on overtime it was 53 hours a week, but the hours were so unpredictable it was insane. Sometimes you'd work overtime all week then get let go Friday in 4 hours (thus losing your overtime) or leave early all week and STILL have to work Saturday (not overtime pay). If you worked 53 hours a week, it was Monday-Friday 9 hour days and 8 Hours on Saturday, leaving you Sunday to get a little rest or go grocery shopping. I was on 2nd shift. Benefits were alright until I was recently notified they are leasing your vacation days now, and you don't get any vacation until you've worked a full year. Insurance was good and 401K wasn't bad either. I was laid off on 8/10/2015 out of the blue so I can't say that there is a promise for job security there. Also NO room to advance at all. Management was poor. No communication and they often seemed like they didn't know how to run things. The job itself wasn't bad, but there were many folks there who insisted on making drama for no reason.
Cons
Friendly people. New and modern office space
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 15, 2015
Friendly employees and growing camaraderie. New beautiful office space. Long hours, no defined organizational charts make it difficult to understand bandwiths.
Great people to work with
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 2, 2014
The people at Hollander are great to work with. The biggest problem are ever-changing priorities handed down from the corporate office.
worst place i have ever worked
Motel Manager (Former Employee) –  New Holland, PAOctober 5, 2013
I would get up every morning at 5am handle check outs and start cleaning rooms after i made free coffee for the guests. I would clean rooms for 7 hours or more and then do all the motel laundry as well as any yard cleaning. I wasn't allowed to leave and i was on call 24/7.
The new owners were from the middle east and didn't respect that i was a woman with that title ... I did live on site rent and utility free with a payment of 150 a week. but all in all it wasn't worth it in the end. the only thing i enjoyed was seeing the repeat customers and the locals who would stop in to say hi.
Pros
the people
Cons
the owners
Pleasant working conditions
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 24, 2012
Job security was a major factor. Work was not steady- only working 3 hours perweek at time.
Cons
lack work
Part-time job.
Outbound Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 14, 2012
This was a 5-9 PM job, plus part-time Saturday.

I learned to "cut to the chase." On our last survey, I set a record for most surveys one day and broke that record the very next day.

Our co-workers were very good. I still see them now and then.

The hardest part was that it was a part-time sometimes job.

The most fun was the office parties --- paid on company time.
Pros
management was good to work with.
Cons
three hour commute round-trip for a four-hour pay.

Want to know more about HOLLANDER?

Ask a question