Hollister Co Employee Reviews

Found 1,681 reviews matching the search
Hardworking, but fun and Co-workers are very helpful.
Brands Representative (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 9, 2016
A typical day at work was knowing what needed to be done as well as when I saw something that needed assistance, it was my responsibility to get that done. Management was very helpful and they needed us to learn pretty quickly. My Co-workers were all helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was assisting so many customers at once. I learned to move quickly and to get whatever needs to be done, done. I enjoyed everything about the job overall.
Pros
Discount on all clothing
Productive Workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 19, 2016
A typical day at Hollister would be going in for either 4 hours of work or 5. I learned a lot such as how to time manage and complete orders from the managers. Going to work was fun when you were able to work with coworkers you got along with and where able to work together and get things done. The mangers would change from time to time, but they were all great and pushed you to become better. I really enjoyed staying to close the store, because we were able to talk while organizing and cleaning the store as quickly as possible. Throughout the 4 hours if you apply for stock, you work with a digital gun to organize, complete shipments, and run clothes to the floor.
Pros
great managers
Life at Hollister
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 25, 2016
When I was working at Hollister, it wasn't very busy. I would work a 4-6 hour shift just unfolding and refolding clothes and making sure they were on the hangers right. While working there I learned that I really hate on call jobs. As a college student, I need a dependable job with dependable hours. My co-workers there were pretty cool and hard working as well. The hardest part of this job to me, and not being funny about it at all, was taking those security tags off. Some of them were really easy to take off and some were really hard to take off.
Pros
Gain more customer service
Cons
On Call job
Fun place to work, very little hours
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJAugust 24, 2016
Hollister was a fun place to work, you learn a lot about customer service and the retail environment. Although there was very little training, you get in the swing of things quickly. Coworkers were great, management isn't the best but that depends on location. Don't expect to get many hours, they hire a lot of people. Also, call in shifts were very annoying. Overall a good place to work but it has its problems.
Pros
Discounts, environment
Cons
Management, few hours, call in shifts
Very social environment
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAAugust 26, 2016
I really liked working at hollister, you're around people your age so you feel really comfortable. The managers are very professional and push you to do your best but they also make it fun. I learned to be more social from this job I definitely learned a lot of great communication skills from working there. They did have to recruit a certain amount of people a day so there were a good amount of sales associates so sometimes you wouldn't get a lot of hours.
Loved Working Here
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2016
A typical night here was fun and easy. I learned how to fold clothes in a neater and more organized way. The management was great! The managers and supervisors were so cool and laid back. Most of the workers in general were cool where I was able to create special bonds. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay awake sometimes or having to finish other worker's stacks of clothing before opening time. The most enjoyable part of the job was almost everything!
Completely judged on looks
Model (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 12, 2016
I worked at Hollister for 6 months and I absolutely hated it. I was asked to judged girls who walked into the store, act poorly to "unattractive" girls who shopped there, and I watched the management judge and destroy several models self-esteem while working there. Although I was asked to model for pictures for the website and asked to model out front of the store on the Black Friday Event, I am not the type of girl to act caddy and treat people the way they asked me to. This is why I only work for there for 6 months.
Pros
discount on clothes I love
Cons
judgemental, caddy, drama, poor management
Friendly and cool enviroment.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day at work would be looking on a bulletin for the day's objective. After you would have a five minute meeting with the manager. Next you would take on your job duties full on. You help customers and restock the sales floor.

The managers and co-workers are all ways up beat and friendly. Not to mention they are always ready to assist you, if you are struggling.

The hardest part was probably trying to help more than one customer at a time and still satisfy their needs.

The most enjoyable part is all the cool customers you will meet from around the world and the friendships you build with your co-workers.
Unless you're in high school, it wont work.
Model/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 18, 2016
This job was a joke. they'd schedule me at the most ridiculous times like 5 am and when I'd tell them I wasn't available, I'd get lectured on how they can fire me if they wanted to. I was working the register fitting room and a greeter. But they also required me to do set up they're displays which required getting on the floor and measure how many inches away the table was from the floor. it was the dumbest job for the worst pay.
Pros
I guess the discounts
Cons
basically everything
Hollister Model
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work would be greeting customers, folding clothes, working the cash register and etc. I have learned to work more on a team and how to interact with customers. Hollisters' management was very helpful and supportive. Co-workers would be there to help if you had any questions. The hardest part of the job would be if you weren't there when there were new merchandise changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and providing my services.
Fun workplace with very LOW PAY! 7.25 and hour.
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 24, 2016
Hollister is a good company to work with if you love fashion, clothing etc. However pay is not so good. Only if you are working as a store manager or an assistant manager its good. But I can say this is a very good time passing job. If you want to just hang around not do a lot then this is your best job with minimum wage 7.25! I can't even buy a burger and a drink with this kind of money!
Pros
Management, co-workers
Cons
Pay
Productive, Positive and Uplifting Workplace
Cashier/Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 1, 2016
Hollister was a very positive, and customer service oriented field of work. Working in such a Team-Oriented Retail establishment, really helped in reaching the goals Hollister CEO's set for the employees.
The Managers, remained calm, and focused. Questions and Concerns brought either by the brand reps, or customers, were always answered. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the needs of customers, whilst having the satisfaction of pleased looks as the customers left the store, after being helped, as a reward. The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking under pressure, whilst still maintaining the focused composure set by the CEO's for the Brand Reps.
This company was bearable to work at, but I would have been far more happier in a different environment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work with Hollister is folding clothes and making sales. I learned a lot about how to communicate with customers and how having a retail job is. Although i took a lot away from this work experience, it seemed to be poorly managed, which made it difficult for me to actually enjoy the job.
self tasked work place
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2016
i would start at 8pm my task was over night stock witch was to fold down the sales floor or the rooms that i was assigned to in four hours. hardest part would be when we had an update and had o change around the whole store place the items den have to fold every thin and have it numbers with the right amount of items in a stack according to the book. i enjoyed the fact i could just be o myself and just do my task. and how i got the responsibility to train the new workers that would come in.
Pros
got to wear regular clothes.
Cons
poor mangers
Best for college students
Full Time Stock (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 5, 2016
Best for college student that need flexible witch the day that you have to work to meet the hours. The benefits are adequate. The job is spit in to part being a manager and being an associate. There are day where you will be running the sales floor and day you will be in the stock room.

Overall the job is a great experience if you are trying to work in retail management. You will learn valuable skills from customer service and in managing associates.
Overall nice job
Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 21, 2016
working at this company was an amazing experience. They are very clean and well managed . Working for Hollister I learned not only how to communicate with coworkers but with customers also. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be closing time when we all are cleaning up and having a good time while doing it. Great coworkers and managers. This was a fun filled experience.
Enjoyable Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2016
Working for a large company such as Hollister I found it very easy to find a schedule that fit my student lifestyle. Management was extremely helpful and made working enjoyable. I had the pleasure of becoming an ambassador, which is basically a social media model. I enjoyed my time working for Hollister but I moved on to a higher paying job.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short breaks, Paycheck to uniforms
Managing the day to day operations of a store
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 24, 2016
• Delivered excellent customer service by greeting and assisting each customer
• Addressed customer inquiries and resolved complaints
• Stocked and restocked inventory when shipments were received
• Reorganized the sales floor to meet company demands.
• Directed and supervised employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking and reconciling cash receipts.
• Completed weekly schedules according to payroll policies.
• Wrote order supply requests to replenish merchandise.
• Trained staff to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Addressed and corrected sales staff communication issues in a tactful and effective manner.
• Worked closely with the district manager to formulate and build the store brand.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Long nights and unreliable coworkers
Fun but hardworking
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 25, 2016
The job is fun depending what you're working in but is a tedious job and hard working. Typical day is working in the stock room pulling out merchandise to put out on the floor. I learned how to read SKUs and find everything. Management is nice. Co-workers are also nice. Hardest part is having to climb the bays and get the clothes off the shelves. Most enjoyable part is getting to learn more and communicate with different people.
Very laid back workplace and Optimistic Employees
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 19, 2016
Generally the employees keep the store folded down and neat while also keeping eye on the register area for customers. All employees are very outgoing and get along during and even after hours. Management on the other hand is very problematic at times, especially about the scheduling. The schedule is not consistent and even changes after being posted. Also, employees are lucky to get 8hrs a week. The managers tend to act very immature in situations that need to be serious.
Pros
Clothing Discount (20% or AAA 50%)
Cons
4hr shifts, bad management, short breaks, nearly no hours every week.

2.7