Hollister Co Employee Reviews

OK for a part time job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 20, 2017
You make minimum wage and they are stingy with raises. Not a bad job for a kid in high school, however management isn't compensated very well. The hours aren't that great either.
Poor Upper Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILNovember 20, 2017
Upper management is always changing. Store manager are poor operations manager and do not properly train and on board new staff. Lots of thing need to be improved upon in regard to managerial expectation and success.
Average first retail job
Stock Associate/Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 19, 2017
Typically my shifts were 4-5 hours on average with one or two 8 hour shifts each week. The hours were pretty unstable, sometimes working 10 hours a week, sometimes 25. The "call in" method (where you call in an hour before your shift to see if they need you to work or not) was typically how shifts went. I enjoyed working here because I got to interact with customers and advocate for the brand. Management was pretty good, they allowed you to switch availability and request days off two weeks in advance.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
friendly workplace
cashier/ floor (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WINovember 18, 2017
Hollister was a great work environment. I met a ton of friends that I still talk to today. The clothes are very comfortable. They gave us nice lunch breaks.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
some shifts depended on how busy it was
Lazy, high school enviornment
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WA 98502November 17, 2017
Hollister is very much a high schoolers first job. Managers don't really train the employees. Some of the managers don't really do their job. A lot of immature employees, same goes with some of the managers. Employees with good work ethic will receive little to no reward. If its not the holiday season, you will get about 12 hours a week. And if you are hired for the holiday season you will not get a lot of hours, too.
Pros
The employee discounts
Cons
Most employees don't care about their job.
basic sale associate
Sale Associate/stock (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJNovember 17, 2017
the staff are cool including the managers, just a simple job to do which was clean all day and persuade buyers. kinda sucks that their is no raise which make this company at a disadvantage to older workers.
Pros
good staff and manager
Cons
raise does not exist in this company
Highschool Stuff
Impact Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 17, 2017
Would I recommend this job to a High School kid? sure but to anyone else looking for a job? No way. Minimum wage, management that knows nothing about management, etc...
never again
Hollister (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 17, 2017
It was not what i expected it to be, the management was really poor and the hours where horrible. I am glad i had the opportunity to work here but would not go back.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
people
Easy going
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 17, 2017
It was my first job at 17. I had a lot of fun there, but I just wanted more hours and thought I was ready to make above minimum wage so I found a job elsewhere
Pros
Pretty easy, not stressfeul, not competitve
Cons
Managers must have a four year degree so they do not last
relaxed environment
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 16, 2017
I worked part time at Hollister and it was relaxed working environment. I was able to balance school and work. However there were times that I was not scheduled to work for weeks.
Pros
good job for full time students
Cons
salary, hours
Unprofessional, underpaid
MIT (Manager in Training) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2017
Only offer part time hours unless you're in management, even those days are "on-call" days, where you won't even know if you're needed until an hour before your shift. Unprofessional and unorganized.
Work at Hollister was typically busy with customers mostly due to the discounts during the holidays but I still enjoyed assisting customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 15, 2017
I worked at Hollister for the holidays. A normal day was usually busy with customers. I was more than happy providing them with the help they needed when I could. I especially loved the managers. They would check in on the workers to provide positive feedback and it really helps when you feel overwhelmed by the amount of customers there.
High school environment
Model/Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLNovember 15, 2017
This job is a very flexible and relaxed environment. It does not pay much and does not offer much shifts. Although, I would recommend it for a high school student who has a busy schedule and needs money.
Good first job
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 15, 2017
very busy at certain times of the year but all around its a very relaxing job. Busy times include back to school and Black Friday. The management is very relaxed and you learn as you go.
Productive workplace
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 15, 2017
Productive workplace with engaging employees, and fun, easy tasks to complete. The managers are great to work with, very flexible with hours and are always willing to help. Everything is easy to learn and easy to catch on quick. Helping customers is an enjoyable thing to do, and each customer is taken care of in a great way.
Pros
Discounts on clothes
always moving
Overnight clothes stocker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85705November 15, 2017
liked the environment. The manager was always friendly, and helping. Great friendly invonment, great music. Breaks given to move around and wake up since this was an over night job.
Pros
got to drink coffe to stay awake
Cons
over night work wears you down over time
Semi-fast paced work environment
Seasonal Brand Rep (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTNovember 13, 2017
On any typical day you will be completing typical sales associate duties as well as keeping the store clean. Some people are trained to complete duties of both back stock and sales associates. Management is rather fair but can be inconsistent; many managers do not stay for very long. The hardest part of the job can be learning to work on minimum hours, meaning limited staff will be in the store and the store can be understaffed at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is the other people you work with and getting to know all of them.
Can't believe they haven't been sued for descrimenation!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2017
Poor work/life balance. Managers must put in 50 hours a week but are only paid overtime for 45 hours. One responsibility is to recruit potential employees who meet a certain physical standard. Must be "good looking/pretty and skinny.
Productive. More hours needed. Fun
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2017
Worked their seasonal and it was fun. Just wanted more hours. Later, I ended up getting a second job. Unfortunately fortunate, I let go of Hollister to take care of my children.
Good for a starting job, not much else
Impact (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2017
Personally I'd like to think my time at Hollister was just a bad experience, and would be different at a different location, but I'm not sure from what I've heard. I used to work as an Impacter, they would have me do at least 5 boxes a shift (6 hours), and then also help out on the floor when they were understaffed. My old managers would actually help around and do their job, but then they found better jobs and left, leaving me with new managers who just did paperwork. Customers are usually foreign and will speak in their native tongue, so if you don't understand it, you won't really be of much use. Not to mention customers will mess your work up, and in front of your face too. The hours are slow, but you have plenty to do.
Pros
Discounts on Clothes
Cons
Everything is a mess and it's fast paced, Customers are rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Co. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8