Hollister

Hollister Employer Reviews

Good co workers and fun environment
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), Hurst, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: fun laid back environment
Cons: bad management
I was in charge of shipment. I folded clothes and made sure the floor was stocked currently. I worked with a lot of fun hard working people. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with shipment during the holidays.
Not my top pick for a job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Bangor, MESeptember 9, 2014
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. My schedule got changed countless times without being notified about it. I never worked on the days I requested. Most times, I didn't work for weeks on end. Getting in contact with the manager was close to impossible. The only good thing about working there was the discount on some items.
Ever changing workplace
IMPACT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Peoria, ILSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at this job included going over reports of items sold in the store in the previous hours. I would then go through the store room to replenish those items back onto the floor. I learned to work with many different people in the work setting. The hardest part of the job was learning the different styles of all the different people in this – more... work environment. They seemed to hire more people than needed which resulted in employees not getting the chance for more hours. – less
enjoyable music, fun environment
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: low pay
My typical day would involve pinning clothes with a safety tool, folding the clothes and stocking them in the back room a long with the changing room and cashiers.
Fun workplace
cashier/ sales associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYSeptember 7, 2014
Cons: buying a new work outfit every month, not enough hours
working at hollister would be a suiting job for someone who just wants to work a couple days a week. they're constantly hiring so hours are tight. It's a fun environment to be around if you like meeting new people, loud music, etc.
Retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Pasco,FLSeptember 4, 2014
Any type of assistance with clothing , also accepting different payment types.
fun workplace, relaxed chilled,
Floor Model (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2014
Good workplace very calm, nice, the people are very energetic and happy, positive workplace.
Basic and Simple
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVSeptember 2, 2014
Received and processed cash and credit payments for in-store purchases. Opened and closed the store, including counting cash, opening and closing cash registers and creating staff assignments. Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions. Worked as a team member to provide the highest level of service to customers
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 29, 2014
A typical day here at Hollister consist of dead lines, folding, hanging, and rearranging. Although it was fun working here the pay is not as great for everything that we were assigned to do. The music and the people I worked with were really fun. There was always a new face everyday I came in. I was only assigned to work once a week and if i was lucky – more... I had a full hour shift. It was not worth coming in once a week for four hours. – less
Poor Management, Non-Diverse Employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), OrlandoAugust 23, 2014
Pros: many part-time positions
Cons: poor management
Processing shipment with no interactions with customer.
No clear vision or opportunities for promotion.
alright first job
Model (Former Employee), Naples, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: located in mall so lunch was close, discount
Cons: low hours, low salary
when i worked at hollister i was put right to work. i started in the back as an impact worker then i was moved to the front as a model. i only worked a total of 9 hours there because of the lack of hours they gave me.
...
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Watertown, NYAugust 21, 2014
Good coworkers, good management, little hours, minimal advancement
Holliste CO
Team Impact Member (Former Employee), Monroe, LAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks
I was a high school senior when I was hired at Hollister. A typical work day for me included being in the back stocking and pricing merchandise, although sometimes I would be assigned to the front and greet customers. I was trained on cash briefly but only did it once. The job was fairly easy, most of the tasks were pretty common sense things once I – more... was trained. The most enjoyable part of the job came from interacting with the guests. – less
productive job
Assist customers (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: dress code was the clothes they sold (you have to buy their product just to have appropriet attire)
This is a very busy and fast pace environment. This job does not give you enough hours but when you are called in for work you maintain a clean work space and assist the guest as necessary. The hardest part of the job is getting familiar with the structure of the store and where everything goes.
Horrible
Sales associate (Former Employee), los angelesAugust 11, 2014
Horrible management and an overall disappointment to work in
Terrible place to be at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: clothes discount
Cons: you might be a scape goat
If You are a recent college grad. Yes! Jump in and let them squeeze all the juices out of you
Management will make this job awesome or make it a nightmare
Model/Impact Team Member (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoAugust 9, 2014
Pros: cool clothing, good smell, repetitive so you knew basically what to expect, some cool co-workers, good music
Cons: the obsession with how clothes are folded, the employee and manager turnover, the small amount of hours you get per week, the dress code, working the day after christmas
I worked at Hollister on two different occasions: once as a model, the other time as an impact team member. My time as a model was TERRIBLE, because the manager was the most loathsome woman on the planet. She was rude to employees AND CUSTOMERS. She would refuse to let us go on breaks. One time I came in for a shift, and when I walked into the store, – more... she told me that she had "called me and left a message saying that she didn't need me today". This was a lie; she had never called or left a message. She was not a team player at all. I was only a seasonal employee, and when I was let go at the end of the season, they didn't even tell me! I walked into the store one day, clocked in, and was told that I was no longer an employee there by the computer system, not by my manager.
Also, being a model is awful. You fold clothes. All. Day. And your folding had to be precise. It was cool getting to talk to people, and be around the clothing, which I still love. And just an FYI: when they hire you as a "model" at Hollister, you aren't actually a model. Be very aware of this. At my interview, one girl literally brought her modeling headshot and resume, thinking that she was interviewing to be on the posters (this wasn't the company's fault, it was actually kind of funny, but it's good to clear up that misconception).

About 2 years after being a model at Hollister, I was hired full-time as an impact team member. Turnover is a huge problem at this company, so I had a brand new set of managers, and they were AMAZING. I actually got about 20 hours of work a week, compared to my maximum of 10 as a model. I liked the work way better as an impact team member. You stay in the back, re-stocking and tagging inventory, and, of course, do some folding. If you aren't into heavy customer interaction, being an impact team member is the job for you. The managers this time around we're actually relaxed, helpful, and professional. I voluntarily quit this job, but was sad to do so.

So really, your experience at Hollister as an employee will depend on the management. Would I work there again? Probably not. The dress code is ridiculous, the hours are not good, the pay isn't good, and you will work with a lot of annoying and incompetent people. And because they expect perfection with clothes folding, you will become stressed out.....over how a stack of jeans is folded. I think if the company got its priorities straight, as well as and hired way less people so that employees can actually get a decent number of hours per week, it wouldn't be so bad. – less
A happy upbeat place
Retail Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTAugust 8, 2014
Pros: very neat, organized, everyone was nice
Cons: not enough hours
If I had any questions I could ask anyone and they were happy to help. The environment made me feel comfortable. They always had awesome music playing and it smells really good in the store. They taught me how to work the cash register.
fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 3, 2014
get to meet alot of different people, people from Brasil and all
the job was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJuly 31, 2014
Not enough hours. I mainly stayed in the back stocking but when i was in the front i put away clothes and helped costumers.

1 2 3 4 5