Holly Hill Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Co-workers are great!
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 2, 2016
Co-workers are great to work with and will always be there to back you up. I wish there were more positions for advancement when you have a higher education and a license.
poor staff management every day
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 20, 2016
poor managment with shortage of employee, dirty work environment and all prn employee most of the time nobody cares about client it sucks to work when there is only prn employee
Cons
Productive and fun work place. Co-Workers a friendly and like family. Good team to work with.
Full Time, Now PRN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2016
I learned that so many of all races have mental issues.

Management was good. Their concern was about the patient illness and safety.

Co-Workers were great. We all did team work and got along.

Nothing was hard about the job. I had to alk and check every patient every 15 mins. But that was not hard just a lot of walking.

My most enjoyable was caring for the patients.
Pros
Free Lunches at times and gifts for holiday's and birthday.
Cons
Not being able to take your breaks because needed on unit.
Very nice environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2016
I absolutely love HHH and I enjoy working there. I enjoy helping others and I adore our staff. This hospital has been given so many rave reviews since I been working there. And I feel so privileged to be apart of such a great team.
Pros
Great location, great parking, security
Cons
No free lunches
worked for UHS here and in Fort Lauderdale Hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Exactly the same: the place is a hot mess, morale is low. Chronic understaffing. Cannot get anything from the management.I did not even have a functioning blood pressure machine. No blankets. Every day is a struggle to get through the day. Would never work for them.
All the positive reviews here are from the management, because they are having a hard time to staff this god forsaken place. Private company that only cares about bottom line and bonuses and never the patients or staff.
Pros
there is always openings even if everyone will reject you, they'll hire you
Cons
everything else
Very unorganized
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2015
Holly Hill is very unorganized, no security , and very unaware of what we have to deal with each and everyday.Working for this company has taught me that there are lots of people in the world that suffers from mental illness each and everyday.
Most enjoyable
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2015
Most enjoyable part of this job, is my unit co-workers, we have a great balance and flow. I genuinely come in happy to work with them and our patients. The experience I've gotten from the one on one care we have daily with the patients has also impacted my life. I like the work I do here.
Director of Admin Staff (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2015
Great leadership, data driven company, good people, service excellence, continuous growth, continuous training, performance improvement, work day varies
Productive and subtle type of environment
Voluntary (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work involves counting pills, packaging, book keeping, job shadowing for the most part, people I work with were nice and treated me like family. Completed 56 hours of job training
The place lacks integrity and is indifferent, usually, to job satisfaction
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Management was detached, unfair and lacked integrity. They played the 'we like' and 'we don't like you' game with staff and assignments. One of the most disappointing places I have worked! Best bet may be to stay away if a patient or potential employee.
The best part of the job was making patients feel better. But, patients voiced a lot of complaints about lack of one to one therapy, failure to have adequate snack food and even the old trays meals were served on.
Pros
patients that needed and reaped benefits from a compassionate workerer
Cons
getting vacations and a requested day off required, almost, an act of god.
Best place to work,team work and very amazing people that make up the work force
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  RaleighDecember 4, 2014
Productive and favourable working environment, vey engaging and caring staff.Everyday is just amazing to be at work and extend your caring hands to those in need.Every day i have the opportunity to learn new things on the job
This company brought out the best in me
Charge Nurse Adolescent, Adult, Addiction (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2014
Fast paced atmosphere. I was able to gain vast experience in all areas of Behavioral Health, especially addiction. Management team was highly visible with strict policies, but none that were unfair. Worked as a team. The hardest part of the the job was completing all required paperwork and still being able to have adequate patient contact. I enjoyed going to work everyday and helping patients go from admission to discharge with hope and a new direction for the future. I feel I made a contribution the patient's success.
Pros
diversity of patients, being able to work with adults with addiction issues
Cons
getting time off was difficult, feeling like i wanted to do more to help and not always having enough time
Great people in admissions
Admissions Clinician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 10, 2014
Enjoy working with great people in admissions. It is a fast paced environment most days and not sure ever how the day will go. We get very psychotic patients as well as very depressed patients. There is a lot of multitasking going on and you share space with your co-workers which can be a pro and a con.
Pros
fast paced, the people there
Cons
long hours, little pay
productive and enjoyable place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2014
very enjoyable place to work . the co workers were very nice, very easy to get to from the belt line, nice environment
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
lack of staff
Great coworkers but administration was very 'bottom line' oriented
Staff RN/UM coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2014
Very stressful environment based on staffing ratios. Management very detached. Only a 3 day orientation on the floor, about 5 days total to cover ALL areas. Documentation requirements sub-par for clinical and UM needs. Poor work/life work balance.
Pros
positive relationships with co-workers
Cons
poor work/home life balance considerations
Awesome experience at Holly Hill Hospital, working with individuals seeking guideance and helping them to be more productive citizens.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 20, 2014
My typical day at work is very fast paced, we conduct all types of groups to help patients understand the need to participate in our groups for theraputic recovery. I've learned that it takes much dedication, fast thinking, a compassionate heart, but a sound and firm mind to complete the tasks given me on a daily basis, which are challenging.
I have excellent, hard working co-workers on my unit, and a good support management team. It has been one of my hardest jobs thus far, in reference to how you don't know what king of individual you're going to have to deal with upon first being admitted. Most important part is being in our groups, listening to their stories, and how they want to better themselves, and be a more productive citizen in or society.
Worst Hospital Ever
Community Provider (Former Employee) –  Sitting in the lobby for hoursJune 21, 2014
From the standpoint of community relationships, ask anyone in town. Doctors don't talk to community doctors, change meds indiscriminatly, keep patients for exactly as long as they get paid. Horrible place.
Right place to work!
Officer of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2014
Holly Hill is a mental and detoxication hospital situaded in Raleigh, NC.It is a great place to work, where people cultivate respect of human being and love for life. This company of.Considering all situatiofers good fenefits to employees.
Counselor
Emergency Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2013
Monitored Chemical Dependency Patients
Monitored patients within the troubled youth stature
Engaged in patient/direct care
Documentation
Training in Defensive courses
Working for a prison.
RN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 20, 2013
If you do not care about patients and just need a job. This place is for you. I never thought getting out of nursing school I would ever see such a horrible place. I would go home and cry because I felt so bad the way these patients were treated by other staff. Other employees would lie to patients. Doctors, RNs, techs, SUPERVISORS all would lie straight to the patients face. The paper work patients signed said that patients would go outside once a day. But, staff would just say who cares I don't feel like taking them out they are all stupid anyways. There was rarely any group or one on one therapy. I think the only benefit patients would get from this is a horrible experience so bad that maybe they will not use again in fear of coming back to this place. It was ran like a prison. High turnover.. I left after a month for another mental care facility that actually care. Place is dirty. Patients are given coloring books.. Puzzles with missing pieces and TV to watch. Seriously? They aren't children. Management doesn't care and treats employees bad. They just want money. I honestly hope this place shuts down. Don't ever bring someone to this place. They may come out worse then when they came in.
Pros
get a paycheck.
Cons
under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holly Hill Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.