Holly Hill Hospital

Holly Hill Hospital Employer Reviews

Best place to work,team work and very amazing people that make up the work force
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee), RaleighDecember 4, 2014
Productive and favourable working environment, vey engaging and caring staff.Everyday is just amazing to be at work and extend your caring hands to those in need.Every day i have the opportunity to learn new things on the job
This company brought out the best in me
Charge Nurse Adolescent, Adult, Addiction (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: diversity of patients, being able to work with adults with addiction issues
Cons: getting time off was difficult, feeling like i wanted to do more to help and not always having enough time
Fast paced atmosphere. I was able to gain vast experience in all areas of Behavioral Health, especially addiction. Management team was highly visible with strict policies, but none that were unfair. Worked as a team. The hardest part of the the job was completing all required paperwork and still being able to have adequate patient contact. I enjoyed going to work everyday and helping patients go from admission to discharge with hope and a new direction for the future. I feel I made a contribution the patient's success.
Great people in admissions
Admissions Clinician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: fast paced, the people there
Cons: long hours, little pay
Enjoy working with great people in admissions. It is a fast paced environment most days and not sure ever how the day will go. We get very psychotic patients as well as very depressed patients. There is a lot of multitasking going on and you share space with your co-workers which can be a pro and a con.
productive and enjoyable place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2014
Pros: flexiable hours
Cons: lack of staff
very enjoyable place to work . the co workers were very nice, very easy to get to from the belt line, nice environment
Great coworkers but administration was very 'bottom line' oriented
Staff RN/UM coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: positive relationships with co-workers
Cons: poor work/home life balance considerations
Very stressful environment based on staffing ratios. Management very detached. Only a 3 day orientation on the floor, about 5 days total to cover ALL areas. Documentation requirements sub-par for clinical and UM needs. Poor work/life work balance.
Awesome experience at Holly Hill Hospital, working with individuals seeking guideance and helping them to be more productive citizens.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 20, 2014
My typical day at work is very fast paced, we conduct all types of groups to help patients understand the need to participate in our groups for theraputic recovery. I've learned that it takes much dedication, fast thinking, a compassionate heart, but a sound and firm mind to complete the tasks given me on a daily basis, which are challenging.
I have excellent, hard working co-workers on my unit, and a good support management team. It has been one of my hardest jobs thus far, in reference to how you don't know what king of individual you're going to have to deal with upon first being admitted. Most important part is being in our groups, listening to their stories, and how they want to better themselves, and be a more productive citizen in or society.
Worst Hospital Ever
Community Provider (Former Employee), Sitting in the lobby for hoursJune 21, 2014
From the standpoint of community relationships, ask anyone in town. Doctors don't talk to community doctors, change meds indiscriminatly, keep patients for exactly as long as they get paid. Horrible place.
Right place to work!
Officer of Admissions (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2014
Holly Hill is a mental and detoxication hospital situaded in Raleigh, NC.It is a great place to work, where people cultivate respect of human being and love for life. This company of.Considering all situatiofers good fenefits to employees.
Counselor
Emergency Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2013
Monitored Chemical Dependency Patients
Monitored patients within the troubled youth stature
Engaged in patient/direct care
Documentation
Training in Defensive courses
Working for a prison.
RN (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: get a paycheck.
Cons: under staffed
If you do not care about patients and just need a job. This place is for you. I never thought getting out of nursing school I would ever see such a horrible place. I would go home and cry because I felt so bad the way these patients were treated by other staff. Other employees would lie to patients. Doctors, RNs, techs, SUPERVISORS all would lie straight to the patients face. The paper work patients signed said that patients would go outside once a day. But, staff would just say who cares I don't feel like taking them out they are all stupid anyways. There was rarely any group or one on one therapy. I think the only benefit patients would get from this is a horrible experience so bad that maybe they will not use again in fear of coming back to this place. It was ran like a prison. High turnover.. I left after a month for another mental care facility that actually care. Place is dirty. Patients are given coloring books.. Puzzles with missing pieces and TV to watch. Seriously? They aren't children. Management doesn't care and treats employees bad. They just want money. I honestly hope this place shuts down. Don't ever bring someone to this place. They may come out worse then when they came in.
Great learning experience
Social Worker (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: great psychiatric inpatient learning experience
Cons: filling beds is priority, short staffed in patient care areas
The only mental health hospital in Raleigh NC area has no competition for inpatient psych especially with the closing of Dorothea Dix Hospital recently, so this hospital is making loads of money. Great learning experience for inpatient psych, however the first few days on the job one quickly discovers that filling beds is the number one priority here. There are staffing issues in every direct patient care area which results in low quaility of patient care and overworked and frustrated employees. Very high turnover in patient care areas (RNs, MDs, SWs, MHTs).
A PLACE TO WORK WHERE YOU CAN REALLY SEE HOW YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN ONES LIFE
Office Clerk/EKG Tech (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2013
A TYPICAL DAY WORKING AT HOLLY HILL HOSPITAL IS INTERESTING AND FULL OF SURPRISES. I HAVE LEARNED A LOT ABOUT PEOPLE AND THEIR MENTAL ISSUES,MEDICATIONS AND HOW TO HANDLE AGGRESIVE PATIENTS IN AND OUT OF THE WORK ENVIRONMENT.MY CO-WORKERS ARE ALL AWESOME AND THE TEAM MADE THE WORK DAY WORTHWHILE,EVERYONE WAS ABLE TO WORK TOGETHER TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE PATIENTS AT ALL TIMES. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY DAY IS BEING ABLE TO HELP A PERSON IN CRISIS AND SEEING THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE PERSON UPON DISCHARGE.
Worst place I have ever worked in my life
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 11, 2012
Holly Hill in a nutshell. Disorganized mess full of supervisors and upper management that do NOT care about their employees. AT ALL. Do yourself a favor and do not send anyone there as a patient or work there unless you want to be extremely disappointed.
It's better than nothing
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2012
Pros: bonds you build with co-workers if you're lucky.
Cons: high turnover
Typical day at work was stressfull, I learned that Ino longer have the patience to work at Holly Hill. Management was real good at first, but due to the high turnover, management got worst. Co-workers went from good to bad as well, due to high turnover.The hardest part of the job was working understaff. I would say that the most enjoyable part of the job was helping others in need.

About Holly Hill Hospital

With dozens of health care facilities in nearly every state, Universal Health Services (UHS) isn't quite ubiquitous, but it's – Read more