Holly Hill Hospital Employee Reviews

job stability
Admissions Clinicians (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2017
The best aspect about Holly Hill Hospital is job stability. There are needed improvements across the board. The job is one that is underpaid compared to the industry average and annual raises are insulting to licensed professionals.
Pros
flexible scedule
Cons
underpaid in the industry
Productive, Professional, Supportive place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 26, 2017
Working the 3rd shift on an acute adult population unit. Coordinated direct care, admission assessments, implemented and developed initial treatment plans. Utilized CIWA and Cows to treat chemical dependent population. Maintained accurate medical records through ongoing comprehensive chart audits. Enjoyed a supportive team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was finding creative ways to balance meeting the patients needs/satisfaction while maintaining constraints of policies and financial limitations.
Great experience
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 22, 2017
Holly Hill Mental Hopsital was a great experience. For those who wish to work in the mental health field HHH both children and adults is where you can get great hands on experience and make a difference/impact on someone life. I never know how much of a influence i could be to someone until I worked here.
Holly Hill is a great place to work!
Admissions Clinician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 17, 2016
Working in the Admissions Department is wonderful. The job duties are clear and I have received much support. The only downfall is that the work can become monotonous after a while.
Amazing Place to Treat Amazing Patients
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2016
Holly Hill is a great place to work! There are certainly some staff who are disgruntled and place bad reviews here, but that is likely why they are no longer there! The CEO tells us all the time "family comes first," and means it! Staff can exercise self-care, and we have the support of Administration to do our job. Management rounds everyday on units and honestly means it when they say "tell us what you need." It is not easy to care for patients with mental illness and those who don't want to take care of patients, definitely shouldn't work here. We are expected to do our jobs with EXCELLENCE, or look for somewhere else to work.
Pros
Caring Managers, Good pay, Good leave policy
Cons
Managers hold us accountable
Poor working conditions, environment of fear
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 22, 2016
Nurses work with very high numbers of patients who are very high acuity. The conditions are often violent and there is little back up. Those direct care employees who are available will almost always try to help. All the employees really try to help each other out but the conditions are very dangerous. Management is brutal and very sneaky. They use paper charts in order to change documentation and cover up problems. The management is focused on money only and many human rights violations occur every week. Patients are rarely seen by physicians yet are billed daily for physician care. There are a few physicians who care a lot but most do not and an agency doctor commits fraud constantly by not treating or seeing patients.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
sneaky management, long hours and low pay
The most unorganized place I have ever worked it's really a sh***y place!
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2016
The most unorganized unfriendly staff, management, and supervisors. It's definitely a lot of favoritism. I would not recommend this place it's not safe. Patient to staff ratio is terrible 23:1 sometimes. They do not have security. You are not properly trained for the things that you encounter here.
Pros
It's really easy work if your fully staffed
Poor
MHT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2016
A typical workday consists of nothing but shortcuts and poor ethical choices by all the employees and no care from management into fixing these issues.
Kitchen
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2016
I worked in the kitchen the coworkers in the kitchen was good we always worked as a team but both of the supervisors are trash no communication no type of management skills they always try to beliitle you they writeyou up for everything they have there picks an chooses if you decide to work here at the kitchen think twice the menus is easy the kids are not that bad to get alone with but the supervisors are truly trash
Pros
PAYCHECKS
Cons
SUPERVISOR IS TRASH
Co-workers are great!
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 2, 2016
Co-workers are great to work with and will always be there to back you up. I wish there were more positions for advancement when you have a higher education and a license.
poor staff management every day
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 20, 2016
poor managment with shortage of employee, dirty work environment and all prn employee most of the time nobody cares about client it sucks to work when there is only prn employee
Cons
Productive and fun work place. Co-Workers a friendly and like family. Good team to work with.
Full Time, Now PRN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2016
I learned that so many of all races have mental issues.

Management was good. Their concern was about the patient illness and safety.

Co-Workers were great. We all did team work and got along.

Nothing was hard about the job. I had to alk and check every patient every 15 mins. But that was not hard just a lot of walking.

My most enjoyable was caring for the patients.
Pros
Free Lunches at times and gifts for holiday's and birthday.
Cons
Not being able to take your breaks because needed on unit.
Very nice environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2016
I absolutely love HHH and I enjoy working there. I enjoy helping others and I adore our staff. This hospital has been given so many rave reviews since I been working there. And I feel so privileged to be apart of such a great team.
Pros
Great location, great parking, security
Cons
No free lunches
worked for UHS here and in Fort Lauderdale Hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 1, 2016
Exactly the same: the place is a hot mess, morale is low. Chronic understaffing. Cannot get anything from the management.I did not even have a functioning blood pressure machine. No blankets. Every day is a struggle to get through the day. Would never work for them.
All the positive reviews here are from the management, because they are having a hard time to staff this god forsaken place. Private company that only cares about bottom line and bonuses and never the patients or staff.
Pros
there is always openings even if everyone will reject you, they'll hire you
Cons
everything else
Not what it is cracked up to be
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2015
Holly Hill is a place that you have to stay on your toes to work. Making sure you get payed for the hours that you work. Also, training isnt very good. I didnt feel like I could ask for more training. When I had questions, I was told many times to ask someone else, when I asked that person, I was told to ask someone else again.
Pros
Paychecks
Cons
Administration lies
Very unorganized
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2015
Holly Hill is very unorganized, no security , and very unaware of what we have to deal with each and everyday.Working for this company has taught me that there are lots of people in the world that suffers from mental illness each and everyday.
Most enjoyable
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2015
Most enjoyable part of this job, is my unit co-workers, we have a great balance and flow. I genuinely come in happy to work with them and our patients. The experience I've gotten from the one on one care we have daily with the patients has also impacted my life. I like the work I do here.
Director of Admin Staff (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2015
Great leadership, data driven company, good people, service excellence, continuous growth, continuous training, performance improvement, work day varies
Productive and subtle type of environment
Voluntary (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work involves counting pills, packaging, book keeping, job shadowing for the most part, people I work with were nice and treated me like family. Completed 56 hours of job training
The place lacks integrity and is indifferent, usually, to job satisfaction
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Management was detached, unfair and lacked integrity. They played the 'we like' and 'we don't like you' game with staff and assignments. One of the most disappointing places I have worked! Best bet may be to stay away if a patient or potential employee.
The best part of the job was making patients feel better. But, patients voiced a lot of complaints about lack of one to one therapy, failure to have adequate snack food and even the old trays meals were served on.
Pros
Patients that needed and reaped benefits from a compassionate workerer
Cons
Getting vacations and a requested day off required, almost, an act of God.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holly Hill Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8