Holly Hill Hospital Employee Reviews

mht
Raleigh - Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2018
its a lot more than people can handle, which is why there are a lot of people who come for orientation and then quit. Working with the children and helping them is what made a difference for me and got me through the long shifts.
Poor management, Not a supportive work environment
In Patient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 29, 2018
The hospital is constantly understaffed and every discipline must take on more than than they can realistically complete. Management is poor and hard working employees are taken advantage of, until the point of burn out. Pay is poor with little to no increase, yearly. Patient care is last. This is a for profit hospital.
Pros
Cons
Negative Environment, no support from upper management
Work In hollyhill
Mental health technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2018
Its to many people and no staff so sometime tou can be unsafe smh so dont want to do back to a place unless it change i didnt Think it would be a better place of they have more staff
It's Heaven for an Acute Care Therapist
Therapist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2017
I am currently a therapist (LCSW) at Holly Hill. I have been employed with the hospital for nearly seven years and I love my work! If you enjoy a fast paced and very challenging workplace environment; then apply and be prepared to work hard. Many people complain about the working conditions but I've noticed it usually is because they are not fully committed to service to others but rather tend to focus on being served. The benefits are excellent. If you remain beyond two to three years the salary becomes very competitive. The administration is supportive of staff and constantly trying to improve upon best practice. I highly recommend Holly Hill as a place to work as a therapist, but only if you have the true grit that's necessary for this high acute treatment environment.
Pros
Extremely fulfilling work with patients and their families
Cons
It's not for the faint-hearted
Interesting place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2017
Being able to help someone in their time of need is an amazing feeling, performing daily group meetings with individuals that would never open up about obstacles they all face is phenominal.
Pros
Calming tecniuches that actually work
Cons
Lack of resources for patients
Satisfying place to work with psychiatric patients.
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2017
Satisfying place to work with psychiatric patients.I enjoy working with people as well as teaching new information and making sure the information is understood.
the work can be a challenge
PRN/MHT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 3, 2017
a typical day at work is to always expect the unexpected. I've to never lose site of what type of people that I had to encounter.Management could have been better .The hardest part of my job was if I had to work with a person that wasn't a team player.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
short staffed alot
Kitchen
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2017
Working at Holly Hill has been extremely rewarding. There are no surprises in the shifts and you learn from day 1 that the patients are our "guests" and that their service and care comes first. I'm so happy to be working here because many of my co-workers have grown with the company and the director helps each person achieve their goals. I want to get a degree in culinary arts and my director already has helped me research different programs and schools. I am proud to be a kitchen team member at Holly Hill.
Pros
Caring Management team, great hours
Cons
Good
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 22, 2017
Holly hill was a very good place to work I actuall styarted at hooly hill in mental health and I loved most would say its not for them but I met alot of good people
Rewarding for most
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 6, 2017
I enjoy working at Holly Hill because not one day is every the same. You see different faces almost everyday because it is not a long-term care Hospital.
Pros
Get to meet people from all walks of life
Cons
Patients can become aggressive and/or violent
job stability
Admissions Clinicians (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 16, 2017
The best aspect about Holly Hill Hospital is job stability. There are needed improvements across the board. The job is one that is underpaid compared to the industry average and annual raises are insulting to licensed professionals.
Pros
flexible scedule
Cons
underpaid in the industry
Productive, Professional, Supportive place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 26, 2017
Working the 3rd shift on an acute adult population unit. Coordinated direct care, admission assessments, implemented and developed initial treatment plans. Utilized CIWA and Cows to treat chemical dependent population. Maintained accurate medical records through ongoing comprehensive chart audits. Enjoyed a supportive team atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was finding creative ways to balance meeting the patients needs/satisfaction while maintaining constraints of policies and financial limitations.
Great experience
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 22, 2017
Holly Hill Mental Hopsital was a great experience. For those who wish to work in the mental health field HHH both children and adults is where you can get great hands on experience and make a difference/impact on someone life. I never know how much of a influence i could be to someone until I worked here.
Holly Hill is a great place to work!
Admissions Clinician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 17, 2016
Working in the Admissions Department is wonderful. The job duties are clear and I have received much support. The only downfall is that the work can become monotonous after a while.
Amazing Place to Treat Amazing Patients
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2016
Holly Hill is a great place to work! There are certainly some staff who are disgruntled and place bad reviews here, but that is likely why they are no longer there! The CEO tells us all the time "family comes first," and means it! Staff can exercise self-care, and we have the support of Administration to do our job. Management rounds everyday on units and honestly means it when they say "tell us what you need." It is not easy to care for patients with mental illness and those who don't want to take care of patients, definitely shouldn't work here. We are expected to do our jobs with EXCELLENCE, or look for somewhere else to work.
Pros
Caring Managers, Good pay, Good leave policy
Cons
Managers hold us accountable
Poor working conditions, environment of fear
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 22, 2016
Nurses work with very high numbers of patients who are very high acuity. The conditions are often violent and there is little back up. Those direct care employees who are available will almost always try to help. All the employees really try to help each other out but the conditions are very dangerous. Management is brutal and very sneaky. They use paper charts in order to change documentation and cover up problems. The management is focused on money only and many human rights violations occur every week. Patients are rarely seen by physicians yet are billed daily for physician care. There are a few physicians who care a lot but most do not and an agency doctor commits fraud constantly by not treating or seeing patients.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
sneaky management, long hours and low pay
The most unorganized place I have ever worked it's really a sh***y place!
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2016
The most unorganized unfriendly staff, management, and supervisors. It's definitely a lot of favoritism. I would not recommend this place it's not safe. Patient to staff ratio is terrible 23:1 sometimes. They do not have security. You are not properly trained for the things that you encounter here.
Pros
It's really easy work if your fully staffed
Poor
MHT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2016
A typical workday consists of nothing but shortcuts and poor ethical choices by all the employees and no care from management into fixing these issues.
Kitchen
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2016
I worked in the kitchen the coworkers in the kitchen was good we always worked as a team but both of the supervisors are trash no communication no type of management skills they always try to beliitle you they writeyou up for everything they have there picks an chooses if you decide to work here at the kitchen think twice the menus is easy the kids are not that bad to get alone with but the supervisors are truly trash
Pros
Paychecks
Cons
Supervisor is trash
Co-workers are great!
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 2, 2016
Co-workers are great to work with and will always be there to back you up. I wish there were more positions for advancement when you have a higher education and a license.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holly Hill Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Holly Hill Hospital Reviews by Location