Hollywood Bowl and AMF Bowling

Hollywood Bowl and AMF Bowling Employer Reviews

Hollywood Bowl employment
Usher (Former Employee), Hollywood, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: concerts are free
Cons: have to deal with difficult patrons
Very fun vibrant environment to work at. There is some down time at the beginning of the day, after the day is hectic but not to demanding. Fun coworkers to work with, no one thinks they are better than anyone else. Hardest part is handling difficult situations while an artist is performing.
Fun workplace, where you can make friends.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to view many concerts/event during the season.
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Chicopee, MASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free pepsi?! job satisfaction when repairs are completed
Cons: coorporation uncertainties. leadership changes
I am Mr. Fix it at the bowling center. I am a manager and handle all my tasks in a timely manner.
Everything that is broken or malfunctions has to go through me. The priority of my job is to perform maintenance on the bowling equipment. Second is the facility.

The facility is EVERYTHING that is in the building. HVAC refrigeration, computers, furniture, painting, plumbing, construction and more...
Best job ever.
Park and Ride Dispatcher (Current Employee), HollywoodAugust 7, 2014
Pros: everything
Easily the best place I have ever worked, hands down. The upper management are so cool and never give you problems if you do your job right.
Fun workplace
Assistant (Current Employee), NyJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free soda and discounts
Cons: spending
Like everything it has its ups and downs...no room for growth, no raises, sometimes can be overwhelming,
fast paced and full of excitement
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and amazing pay
Cons: healthcare
I was working at The Hollywood Bowl through Patina as a dishwasher and it was the best experience of my life.
Stressful job with no organisation or management recognition
Lane Server/ Team Member (Current Employee), BoltonMarch 20, 2014
Cons: busy environment, stressful, no communication between managers, poor security
As a team member I would typically work on the lanes serving food and drinks to customers and helping diffuse any issues that may have happened during their visit. The centre is always busy with many days feeling understaffed with very little help from duty managers who do nothing but watch their employees via the buildings CCTV cameras to ensure that they are all doing work. You feel like you are constantly being watched and assessed my the management team making you feel like nothing more than a walking till. There is no communication between management meaning many issues remain unresolved. There seems to be no fair system for distributing shifts as the same people always appear to be on the same shifts week in week out which can cause an issue if you need to get public transport or a taxi home when working at night, the company does provide £2.50 towards a taxi if you are working a close shift but this is no viable and you end up spending the majority of your wage getting to and from work and when this is addressed to a member of the management team they seemed disinterested with the issue and continued to put the same team members on the same shifts. Co-workers are friendly and approachable and provide the majority of training while working there. Whilst working there I have learnt basic hospitality skills and also how to serve food and drinks.
Center wise great, company wise terrible
Who cares (Current Employee), SomewhereAugust 10, 2013
This is not a good time to be in the bowling industry. Either get out while you can, or make AMF your secondary job if it's your primary job. The new CEO of the company is ruining AMF. It's a shame that they allowed some guy who doesn't have a clue about bowling and poorer demographics buy the company out. On top of that, the CEO just had a lawsuit put on him three years ago by 5 minorities (black and Hispanic) for discrimination. That makes me as an African American very uncomfortable knowing that the CEO of the company is either a racist, or practices some form of discrimination.

My center is fun though.

About Hollywood Bowl and AMF Bowling

Hello, we’re The Original Bowling Company. You may not have heard of us before – In 2010 we merged AMF Bowling and – Read more

Hollywood Bowl and AMF Bowling Photos