Hollywood Bowl and AMF Bowling

Hollywood Bowl and AMF Bowling Employee Reviews in United States

Fast-paced work environment with great management.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 8, 2015
Provide a fun and safe atmosphere for customers and league bowlers. Provide excellent customer service at point of sale and with answering questions. Answer/transfer phone calls and take messages for management. Handle cash and complete transactions up to $400. Assign customers to open lanes and assist with pre-game prep for new bowlers. Complete general cleaning of bathrooms, approaches, and common areas. Assist in food and alcohol preparation when needed. Management was fantastic and easy to get along with. Most difficult part of the job was trying not to become overwhelmed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers actually appreciate the service you give them.
Center wise great, company wise terrible
Who cares (Current Employee) –  SomewhereAugust 10, 2013
This is not a good time to be in the bowling industry. Either get out while you can, or make AMF your secondary job if it's your primary job. The new CEO of the company is ruining AMF. It's a shame that they allowed some guy who doesn't have a clue about bowling and poorer demographics buy the company out. On top of that, the CEO just had a lawsuit put on him three years ago by 5 minorities (black and Hispanic) for discrimination. That makes me as an African American very uncomfortable knowing that the CEO of the company is either a racist, or practices some form of discrimination.

My center is fun though.
Fun workplace
Assistant (Current Employee) –  NyJuly 14, 2014
Like everything it has its ups and downs...no room for growth, no raises, sometimes can be overwhelming,
Pros
free soda and discounts
Cons
spending
The job itself was a lot of fun - management was severly lacking
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 16, 2015
I learned a lot while working there, such as P&Ls, COS, how to run a bar, food court and bowling business as one entity.
The best part was the customer contact. I had no experience in the bowling industry and it was so much fun proving myself to the bowlers.
The worst part was the district manager. He was unprofessional, surly to the guests and the employees and just a very unpleasant man.
Pros
fun atmosphere, great employees and mostly great guests
Cons
the district manager
Best job ever.
Park and Ride Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  HollywoodAugust 7, 2014
Easily the best place I have ever worked, hands down. The upper management are so cool and never give you problems if you do your job right.
Pros
everything
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MASeptember 29, 2014
I am Mr. Fix it at the bowling center. I am a manager and handle all my tasks in a timely manner.
Everything that is broken or malfunctions has to go through me. The priority of my job is to perform maintenance on the bowling equipment. Second is the facility.

The facility is EVERYTHING that is in the building. HVAC refrigeration, computers, furniture, painting, plumbing, construction and more...
Pros
free pepsi?! job satisfaction when repairs are completed
Cons
coorporation uncertainties. leadership changes
Hollywood Bowl employment
Usher (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 12, 2014
Very fun vibrant environment to work at. There is some down time at the beginning of the day, after the day is hectic but not to demanding. Fun coworkers to work with, no one thinks they are better than anyone else. Hardest part is handling difficult situations while an artist is performing.
Pros
concerts are free
Cons
have to deal with difficult patrons
Fun workplace, where you can make friends.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is the chance to view many concerts/event during the season.
fast paced and full of excitement
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2014
I was working at The Hollywood Bowl through Patina as a dishwasher and it was the best experience of my life.
Pros
free lunches, and amazing pay
Cons
healthcare