Hollywood Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Work While Others Play
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grantville, PAApril 26, 2016
Hollywood Casino provides a stable job with plenty of opportunity for advancement and training to help you succeed.
The people are great.
Pros
Training and Opportunities
Cons
Nonstandard work hours and smokefilled environment
Great Working Environment: Very Exciting and New Everyday!
Waitress/Dealer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 22, 2016
My typical day at work was always exciting! I enjoyed the environment and the difference in my job title day to day. I enjoyed my other co-workers; we all worked well as a team and supported each other and helped teach or improve one another if needed at times. The hardest part of my job was the distance. I was driving an hour away to my job so that was a little hectic at times. The most enjoyable part of my day was just getting the opportunity to have one on one contact with the players and getting the chance to interact with them and basically be there entertainer. It was nice being the one to put a smile on there face even if they may not have been doing well at the casino. My job was exciting and new everyday! Over time, I got the chance to know the regulars that came and played so building that relationship and bond and being well known was the best part of my employment here!
Pros
The customers
Cons
Hours
Fun place to work
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSApril 14, 2016
This was a great place to work. I enjoyed helping the guest feel safe and secure and enjoyed the people I worked with. The company would honor the employees with banquet dinners and awards.
A day at Hollywood Casino
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 13, 2016
I walk in and immediately start to help our customers and i help them in anyway possible far as getting items needed or wiping off tables. I throughout the day change the trash wipe off table and restock anything thats needed. Towards the end of the day when its time to close i count my draw down and clean and mop so its prepared for the next work day.
learned a lot over the 17 years
Technician III (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 20, 2016
good company to work for learned alot in 17 years and will always love the upbeat work place but its almost 20 years and would like to find a place to work closer to home so i can spend time with ny family. that really my only reason
Pros
the many people i get to meet oaa the time
Cons
shift work
Competitive work environment and lots of room to grow
Steward (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2016
Hollywood Casino is the first jobs I've had that I could learn, grow and experience a healthy work ethic, The work conditions are standard and the competition can be over whelming but in a place where we strive for greatness I expected nothing less.
Pros
once advanced or obtain seniority the compensation is logitemant
Cons
unpredictable work orders
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 9, 2016
Audit the casino and make sure everything is accurate to send to the state for taxes
Co-workers are very nice and easy to work with
hardest part of the job is to receive extra work without incentives
Productive and fun
Shift Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grantville PennsylvaniaMarch 8, 2016
Having learned all that I had from this position, I put it to use in my current job, Meeting new people daily, and always giving the opportunity to advance. This opened me to moving to working for Global Cash Access
Pros
great staff, fun envirment, Lots of overtime
Cons
na
Not a great place
employee (Former Employee) –  Grantville, PAMarch 8, 2016
It is hard to watch people think they are going to win or that they will "make" money they need for important bills. Its a very "clicky" atmosphere when it comes to employees. The type of business it is you are watched nonstop and the least thing you do you are in trouble. some of the jobs there are NOT worth the small pay. You deal with disgusting messes and people for just over minimum wage.
Fun Place to work
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioFebruary 24, 2016
Good pay, great environment different atmosphere every day management is good. If your a table games dealer you learn all the different games, multiple departments you can transfer to after 90 days.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Hard to move up
short staff and stressful
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Unfortunately the company has taken a downfall over the past 5 years. i enjoy my job and staff a lot. I am looking to relocate for a fresh new experience.
Pros
full time, health insurace
Cons
heath insurance is expensive and does not cover much
Fun, upbeat environment
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INFebruary 3, 2016
The energy is amazing in this casino. The people are very friendly, and staff is willing to provide the best customer service.
Only benefit to working there is tips, thus two stars
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day as a slot attendant starts by a 5-10 minute pep talk about how exciting the same old stuff is and how you should be thankful to have a job. You then go to the gaming floor to be harassed by people that are usually drunk and/or upset about losing all their money. After delivering our first child Hollywood Casino insisted on changing my wifes schedule and suggested we exchange our newborn child in a parking lot as we passed one another for shift changes. I took a 30k loss in pay to leave this place and have never regretted it.
Pros
tips
Cons
no work/life balance, hourly wage is below national average, smoke e v e r y w h e r e
I compare to any other job
Income Audit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 30, 2016
Its like what you say, its what you make it. Its fun only if you make it fun. It also has your clicks like high school kids, but for the other part, if you remain to yourself, come there and do what you need to do, then you will be okay.
Pros
The benefits that are available
Cons
The company kitchen that is there is a little out of our price range.
boring
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVJanuary 29, 2016
No care for the employees or their safety takes forever to move up to much favoritism in the work place. Need a change in management no one likes to listen too the foot soldiers only listen too people who do not know the job
Interesting place to work
Surveillance Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 23, 2016
Currently work in surveillance, its shift work, flexibility, keeps me busy as I pay for school. Shift bid every six months, difficult to move up in the department since its such a small department.
Pros
Shift work
Cons
Shift work, difficult to move up
Player Services Representative, Bangor (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 21, 2016
Great opportunities there and rated best place to work for 2014 and 2015. They have a great points system and also have amazing benefits. they recognize there employees and continuously reward there employees for good work and for going out of their way to help other employees as well as customers.
good pay forget your social life
Casino Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 12, 2016
dealing with people can be stressful at times
dealing with drunk, ignorant, mean people is the worst
my coworkers were wonderful
A fun workplace, enjoyable to work at
Cleaning and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 5, 2016
Basic cleaning of bathrooms, main casino floor simple work. Alot of fun to work with the employees. A great way to talk with costumers, and to get to know people
exciting and fun work place
Grantville - Player Services Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 1, 2016
Occasional free Gatorade on hot days. Great first job! Understanding management and great supervisors! Everyday is and exciting adventure here!
Pros
free drinks, free passes to hershey park
Cons
can be boring on slow days