Hollywood Casino Employee Reviews

driving helping quest
limo driver and lead shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSFebruary 18, 2018
line-up transportation crew.Either drove limo or shuttle bus as per needs of the day.Had great relationships with fellow employees and guest.learned much from other transportation employees,Guest still contact me even though I have retired just to talk to me.
Pros
enjoyed fellow employees and reacting with guest
Cons
really strict rules with no "give-way"
warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 17, 2018
due to hours I would work with three other employees and one manager. we all had different work days and hours. everyone helped each other out if you didn't know something all you needed to do was ask.
Pros
free drinks/ discounts
Cons
other department managers
Toxic Enviroment
Casino Host/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INFebruary 15, 2018
Upper Management does not care about their employees. They are only there to collect their pay check. I have never been so depressed to go to work every day. Penn is a terrible company to work for and only want to pad their own pockets which is why the customer service has disappeared.
Fun
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Charles Town, WVFebruary 14, 2018
Fast and fun atmosphere. always somethinng different going on in the casino business. cstomers are usually happy and excited except when losing money.
Job was okay
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEFebruary 14, 2018
I loved the customers. You really get to know the regular costumers and meet some fun people. Although the job itself was great the company has some iffy policies. I lived about 45 minutes away while working here and called out of work one day due to a very bad storm. I was in the next couple days and the managers were fine and didn't let on that anything was wrong but I was called in a week after the storm and was fired because I called out.
Average
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INFebruary 14, 2018
Was an average casino to work for. Hours were decent for the pay. State oversight is the main problem with the way company does business. Acceptable pay for someone entering career in security, and part time early retirees.
My time at Hollywood Casino
SURVELLIANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSFebruary 9, 2018
A work day consist of monitoring the casino. I learned about the different table games. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was stay awake at night.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Working at night and on hoildays
average, not a A class group
Senior Dealer (Current Employee) –  Grantville, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Great start to casino operations. Day to day great but management average because turnover high. Workplace culture average.Loved my crew and patrons. The culture was below average.
Pros
schedule, patrons, my team
Cons
management turnover
Poor
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Poor management skills. Management that doesn’t care about their employees. Never will work there again. Short staffed on a regular basis. Management will not stick up for their employees.
Cons
It was a good company to work for
buffet line cook (Former Employee) –  Grantville, PAFebruary 5, 2018
I was a dishwasher before I got promoted to a cook. Working for Hollywood Casino can get you places. You always can move up in positions as long as you work good and always on time.
Interesting
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 1, 2018
About 90% of the time there are different job opportunities for relocation whether it’s in the same company or another out of state! Communication rules the nation
Pros
Discounts on multiple businesses
Cons
Certain staff
Stressful
Accounts Payable/Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Tunica, MSJanuary 31, 2018
The work environment is very stressful. There is no sense of guidance and compensation is very low depending on who you are. Penn is a great company to work but the property needs to work on improving liaisons between their employees.
Pros
People
Fun place to work
Barback/ Porter (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Great, fun place to look. There are no limits how far you can rise inside if Penn National Gaming. They appreciate diversity and what you to succeed. I love working here.
Great place to work!
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamul, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Great atmosphere to work in! Fast-paced, but not stressful. Great communication amongst management and other coworkers. Friendly and clean environment,
Pros
convenient, fast-paced
Cons
smoke
Not for everyone
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVJanuary 27, 2018
Workloads are not based upon compensation. Compensation is not based upon competence. Competence is only rewarded with the opportunity to do the jobs of upper management.
Buffet Server, Hollywood Casino & Hotel
Buffet Server, Hollywood Casino & Hotel (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INJanuary 26, 2018
 Buffet Server, Hollywood Casino & Hotel – Lawrenceburg, IN 1998-2012
 Showcased excellent listening, verbal communication and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced setting.
 Worked well with a diverse team of co-workers to meet or exceed guest service expectations.
 Chosen by management to cater special events, banquets and parties due to exceptional customer service skills
Pros
Buffet Server, Hollywood Casino & Hotel
Fun place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 25, 2018
Cool , fun , and exciting all kinds of people out and have fun. Lots of different job advance. Nice food, and view. Good hours. Friendly worker always smiling.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shortbreaks
No Holidays and had to work late even if your work was finished.
Cash Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Worked 12 days in a row. Every month and had no Holidays. Worked till 10:00 at night on Memorial Day and July 4th and Labor Day. Not told about $500.00 license fee.
Cons
Burn out and very low pay! Also poor morals and shady activity.
Fun gaming, and entertainment atmosphere
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSJanuary 23, 2018
It was very easy to like this job. People came to have fun, and I got paid to ensure that. Yes, it was hard work at times, ordering, stocking, loading, responsible bartending, cash handling, beverage cart maintenance, but then you turn around and this whole team you work with just pulled off a highly successful golf tournament, or a packed Saturday, and your guests are leaving happy, and heading over to the casino. I really felt accomplishment in those times. I was lucky enough to have managers who let my experience shine, and usually gave our department what we needed to do so. In my opinion, having Disney experience, the one thing I thought was lacking was a future vision for this property. This company is mostly in the gaming business, but this resort has so much more potential than that. They seemed like they were trying to be more family friendly, but were still missing the mark, and didn't see the value of the golf course. All in all, still a fun atmosphere with a lot of perks, and incentives.
Pros
Great benefits, and perks
Cons
Lack of future vision for the property
Was a fun job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 22, 2018
Was definitely a job I don't regret working only downside was every job there hated each other and wanted you fired if they just didnt like you and once i went full time i had absolutely no life i would work into my day off or end up sleeping the first day off once it finally came never felt like i wasn't working after that
Pros
benefits, tips, and pay
Cons
backstabbing, co-workers, untrustworthy boss