Hollywood Casino Employee Reviews

Fun place to work!!
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus hioAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Got mgt exp...
Cons: Horrible upper mgt
Penn use to be a great company to work for! HCC ruined ! I loved the job, but the shift mangers were horrible!
I was in the casino business 18yrs till HCC!!
Gaming location
casino service supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2015
i have been working for this company for many years, the best part about it is that i love the people i have worked with over the years and we have really become a family, i also have learned many helpful guidelines
table games deaer
table games dealer (Former Employee), Grantville, PAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: fun work place
Cons: not full time
dealing blackjack, poker, four card poker, three card poker. the casino work life is fun, however there were no part time hour available.
above average pay and benefits, must be flexible
cashier (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg, INAugust 23, 2015
Pros: extra activities and volunteer opportunities for employees, good benefits
Cons: lots of changes, communication within dept not the best.
Lots of long term employees that became like family, also high turnover rate typical for that type of business. Lot of state regulations to comply to. Liked the customers that were regulars.
Great company to work for.
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee), Bay St LouisAugust 23, 2015
Very career oriented. Great place to continue advancement and progress in your career while obtaining skills to benefit your overall growth.
Counting chips and money. Doing reports on the computer.
Count Room Clerk (Current Employee), Tunica, MSAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Great experience
Cons: Too far away.
The day at work is spent counting chips and money collected. I have become much more familiar with large amount of money. I have also learned a lot about the Gaming Commission rules and regulations.
The hardest part of my job is being locked in a room with my team and not being able to leave the room for any reason without a guard searching me and accompanying me. Sometimes the wait, for a guard can take quite some time. The most enjoyable part of my position is running the money counting machine.
Great Company great people!
Bartender (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great Money, Friendly people I work with
Cons: Crabby customers sometimes
I love working for Hollywood. They treat me very well and are always looking to do things to make it easier or fun for us.
Always ready to help, even the GM works his butt off when needed to help the customer get a great experience.
Fun work enviroment
Player Service Representativ (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LaAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: n/a
I enjoy working in the casino business, it keeps you spritually balanced, by meeting all walks of life and sharing stories.
fun job
Lead Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 10, 2015
had a blast working there. Customers are nice and the staff as well. Worked overnight shifts and learn many things at my time there
Meeting new people,on our off days we could come and play the slot machines
Buffet Server (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2015
Pros: meeting people, dressing up for the holidays
Cons: When it was break time we had to give our tables to our co-workers
Come in half hour before shift roll silver check our stations make sure they are clean refreshed and ready for our customers greet our guest and assist and serve their drinks clean up after them and wait for the next customer and start all over again at the end of the night roll silver make sure my station was clean and go home
Needs inprovement
Steward (Current Employee), Robinsonville, MSJuly 9, 2015
Pros: the opportunity to get more time
Cons: short breaks
My day at work has become too routine. By the time i'm done i had too much time on my hands. When I go downstairs and try to help out, I end up doing a lot of things that should already be done.
Fun environment! Wonderful employees!
Model Beverage Server (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 8, 2015
Pros: concerts, cute uniforms, friendly coworkers
Cons: work holidays
I love meeting new people! The casino has such a fun atmosphere and I made wonderful friendships that will last a lifetime. The most enjoyable part for me is the constant fun activities we get to participate in, like the summer concerts, indoor & outdoor. Everyone is so nice and willing to help you if you need it. Over all a great place to work!
Fast paced industry
Food and Beverage Operations Shift Manager (Former Employee), Bangor, MEJuly 3, 2015
Pros: excellent health care and 401k
working with a dynamic team of young people, keeping them motivated and on the floor. Day consisted of checking on all entities making sure they had what they needed throughout their shift. Schedules, performance evaluations, monthly inventory, reports at the end of the night. Different programs to make the job a little easier. I had a great group of people I worked with and beside.
Nice but https://slotcasinogames.com is better!
Welcome Officer (Former Employee), WashingtonJuly 3, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: a bit tight feeling
That was interesting casino experience but I have enjoyed moire https://slotcasinogames.com as there where more freedom and to choose working hours as well. So, I felt more flexible for sure.

But overall very positive experience and yeah - Recommended to All!
Enjoyable work environment
xx (Former Employee), Grantville, PAJuly 2, 2015
Hollywood Casino is a fast paced environment that provides continuous contact with new guests each day. Working there is both fun and challenging (in a positive way). New skills are developed on a consistent basis, and team work and guest satisfaction are top priorities.
Great place to work with fun staff
Cook 2 (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Great work place
Cons: Must be 21 to apply
I enjoyed working for this company but had to leave due to medical reasons. I learned more working here than I did at any other place I worked.
I learned to use my culinary skills to the max.
great place to work
Barback (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 16, 2015
Pros: great tips
Cons: low hourly pay
working there was a cool thing to see people having fun. Meeting new people was a every day thing. My favorite place to go there was The O H bar.
An Intimate and Quaint place for Locals to come and play!
Asst Shift Manager (Current Employee), Perryville, MDJune 13, 2015
Pros: Good people, no smoking on the casino floor and the freedom to advance.
Cons: No hotel for lodging for our guests, high tax ratees for everything in Maryland.
"A small casino in rural,northern Maryland!"..that was my thought when I first arrived for my interview. No smoking, clean as a whistle and a great team of support personnel who really care about their jobs. Having a great boss helps...we call Hollywood, "little Atlantic City", due to the number of former casino pioneers. We all cut our teeth under the tutelage of our mentors from Vegas, Reno and Tahoe, who had taken the Jersey Shore by storm in the late '70's.
I liked it
Poker Supervisor/Poker Dealer (Former Employee), Lawrenceburg, INJune 12, 2015
I really loved working there. Made lots of friends. Met a bunch of interesting people. Great place to work!! I wish and hope to go back to work there soon!!!
No work/ life balance
Surveillance Supervisor (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJune 4, 2015
Working for a casino gives you no work/life balance. It is open 365 days a year, 22 hours a day, and no holiday pay for working holidays.