Hollywood Casino Employee Reviews

A productive place with support, and plenty of HR events
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Grantville, PAApril 26, 2017
The casino is one of the best starting points for someone who is new to the industry, and one that is likely to stick with someone for a lifetime. The environment is very welcoming, and yet like any other kitchen, there is always the sense of anxious cooks and chefs.
Pros
Customer Service opportunities, chances to learn fundamental skills, a network of chefs and cooks all willing to share what they know
Cons
negative reinforcement;down time is not always possible to utilize; chances to advance are very few
Fun enviroment
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 26, 2017
Working at the casino was a very exciting environment. Got to meet a lot of new people and become engaged with the guests who came to visit often. Th e employees there are great and make you feel like family. There is room to advance if you work hard enough and provide great customer service.
Has potential to be a great career
Player services cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 25, 2017
The department is great but has its flaws, such as flaws in the attendance policy's, and flaws with trying to move up within the company. If one mistake is made you have to wait 6 months before you can transfer departments
Pros
PTO
Cons
Harsh attendance policys, state and federal regualtions
fun and enjoyable
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 21, 2017
An exciting place to gamble with the houses money and get paid for it. An opportunity to work with, and meet people from all around the world, while wearing uniforms or jeans and a t-shirt.
Pros
great pay, benifts
Cons
little social life, nights on the weekends
Great Place, but looking for other options
Count Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 21, 2017
I had an overall great experience at this job, it was fast paced, and I was always busy. The first half of my shift would be devoted to transfering the lock boxes from the game tables and machines to the safe room. The second half would be counting the money in the safe room. I am simply seeing what else is out there before trying to return to Hollywood.
Pros
Cheap onsite lunch
Cons
No long term medical leave for part timers
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVApril 17, 2017
i like security it was fulling helping people and protecting people, the uniform was uncomfortable was able to make some friends and meaningful relationships
Slots
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Jamul, CAApril 14, 2017
Great place to work. You're treated with respect and up beat friendly people. The work place is clean and beautiful. Always well informed and updated.Management let's you work as an individual a discount of micromanagement. It's great assisting guests and making them feel at home and comfortable. I love how teamwork is great on my shift. Building a repor with guest is amazingly satisfying. They not only are our guest but feel like family. That's what happens when employees are happy they pass it on to guest and a relationship begins. Every position is different but our attitude makes us all one.
Pros
Positive environment
Work
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Jamul, CAApril 11, 2017
It is a good company to work for however at the moment there is no full time positions available. i have learned different computer processing softwares, also learned how to process jackpots, w2-g forms and Title 31 regulations.
Pros
Tips, and wages
Cons
no full time positions
No fun to work there, moral is at an all time low. Almost everyone is looking for diffrent employment.
SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2017
I did enjoy my work there but Hollywood is cheap. They work you very hard and do not pay very well. They keep reducing benefits and charge more for them.I felt appreciated by the people I was taking care of but unappreciated by my supervisors.
A job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 10, 2017
Go. Do your work. Leave. Do not try to make friends. Not somewhere I would want to come back to. This is a place that seems like it is stuck behind the times in terms of innovation.
experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 9, 2017
great experience working at the casino it was the fastest job I have ever worked I learned how to prepare a lot of different food I learned how to use different equipment I would recommend this job
job review
Guest Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 5, 2017
a day at hollywood casino where you are constantly dealing with guest can be fun but a little taxing at times but it is a great place to learn and create new opportunities for yourself
Company took very good care of employees
Bartender/Lead Barback (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVMarch 31, 2017
While I was employed there I had many advancement opportunities. Management was willing to help out if needed. Benefits were decent and pay was decent as well
Pros
Nice break area, good management
The Epic Buffet
Busser, Hostess, & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVMarch 30, 2017
Working at Hollywood Casino (Epic Buffet) was my first job. At first I enjoyed it. While I was there, management switched out 4 times. It seemed like every other management switch-out was great while the others just didn't seem to care. Some managers would work with you while others didn't seem to care. The benefits were good and the hours were consistent, but that's about all I can say was good about the restaurant I worked in. They expected you to work every weekend, every holiday and every blackout day (race, event, holiday, etc) which was pretty regular. Working in the epic has ruined me from ever going back to food and beverage type work.
Pros
Benefits, hours
Cons
Pay, management, family oriented
Productive, Fast Paced work place
Assistant Starter (Current Employee) –  Grantville, PAMarch 27, 2017
Each day on the job is different so it keeps you on your toes. Attention to detail is essential to provide safety for others around you. Upper management is easy to deal with for the most part. I have learned a great deal about myself since starring this job. The hardest part about the job is dealing with animals that at any given time can become a loose cannon and serious injure the people around it. The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to work with people who appreciate the sport of horse racing and the animals we handle as much as I do.
Pros
Friendly work staff, good upper management
Cons
No benefits
General Manager- Final Cut Steak and Seafood (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 25, 2017
A fabulous company to work for with Incentives. They are the 3rd largest Gaming Industry in the world with 23 properties in North America. Fabulous work environment and Team Building Culture are predominant.
Pros
Free meals and Bonus
Cons
Lot of hours
Great Employees, but Management is terrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 22, 2017
Management doesn't recognize the hard word of the employees. Worked 10-18 hours days, salary. No thank you, no comped days. Some days no break 10 minutes lunch.

Security management is bad. Management and supervisors sit in office. On a Friday night, sometimes there was 1 security guard at one entrance doing everything. They didn't worry about giving folks breaks at turnstiles, unless it was convenient for supervisors.

Other departments worked 6-7 days in a row, hourly, they liked the money, but it was tiring. And not sure when they would get a break, just then their supervisor would come down to break them.
Great Casino
Volunteer Opportunities (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 22, 2017
This was a great opportunity. i was worked with great people who cared about my well being and also it is always good to be around great customers who love
Pros
great company
Great start
Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSMarch 20, 2017
Enjoyed my years put into Hollywood casino. Would've loved more opportunity for a full time position and also benefits. Overall Hollywood was a great work space for me to establish a home and finishing school.
Pros
Free lunch and discounts
Cons
No health insurance or full time positions
Hollywood Casion: Accounting-Revenue Auditor
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSMarch 13, 2017
A typical day in the accounting department consists of...
collecting daily work and completing it before the end of the business week / constant communication with each outlet supervisor or manager concerning discrepancies found within audit paperwork / scheduling monthly card and dice inventories through out the casino / balancing cash, tickets, and jackpots towards the companies software system / reporting directly to the audit supervisor.
Pros
Work alone or as a team enviroment
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollywood Casino. Our community is ready to answer.