Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center

Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management
Registered Nurse/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2015
The hospital administration does not care about employees and is creating an unsafe environment for nurses. Recently adding team nursing to a cardiac unit and unsafe nurse to patient ratio. The nursing staff is the only reason I have stayed but now it feels too unsafe.
Pros
Cons
poor staffing, unsafe
Enjoying my co-workers
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2015
Coming to work early to see how the crowds are in the emergency, how many women are possibly delivering that shift. Restocking supplies, Doing a walk around to see which floors are slightly more urgent than others.Maintaining a clean environment for clients and family. Possessing time management skills, work flow varies hourly. I've learned bio hazardous skills, how to disinfect properly. Management and I keep a professional relationship. My co-workers work well with me an we have a clear line of communication. The hardest part of the job is the hours, my schedule is 10:00 pm to 7:00 am. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people of many different culturals
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working Grave yard shift
Unorganized environment
Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2014
I enjoy working in my actual department. However, the establishment as a whole could use more structure, professional communication, and accountability.
It's a great facility, with a great history.
Infection control Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaAugust 12, 2014
It's a great facility, with a great history. and always in search for advancement,
But what i didn't like is the way they Released me from my contract, For no reason.
Which i found out later that they hired the previous IP that left with her choice.
There are a lot of opportunies the management is not taking advantage of
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 25, 2014
Most people who work here stay because of the friends they have made here.

Management is so far removed from the employees that employees are disengaged from the mission and vision of the organization.
Pros
relief nurses, and cnas to help nurses
Cons
lack of leadership in almost all departments, and especially at the very top.
I work the night shift in a Level III NICU
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2014
I work the night shift managing the care of a 2-3 baby assignment of critically ill infants in a Level III NICU. My co-workers are a great group of nurses that believe in teamwork. The hardest part of the job is working the night shift. I would prefer to work days at this point of my life. The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching parents to care for there infant.
Not safe to work, and not happy
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 25, 2013
Very poor management on everything not safe for patient care, staff are very unprofesional and very rude
Pros
no lunch break because of short staffing
Cons
no break if no relief
Administratively Lacking
Physician Administration (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2013
Throughout tenure I had nine different Directors in nine years of service. There has been four different Hospital Administrations in the same time frame. Administration of the hospital is not helpful when dealing with the physician staff unless it is patient related. The physician staff does not adhere to their own bylaws and is extremely volatile when addressed regarding them.
benefits
Cons
majority of physicians are not pleasant, no advancement
Phlebotomy Clinical Internship
Phlebotomist - Clinical Externship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2013
I learned very valuable skills from the phlebotomists I shadowed, as well as got experience in a busy inpatient facility. Hours are very early, but great if you are a student taking afternoon classes.
Great hospitol to extern at. You will leave knowing the job and knowing it well.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 31, 2013
Can be a busy environment. With much needed work. So your never bored and the patients are a joy..
administration
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2012
Working as a administrative supervisor during the night is chalanging. you are dealing with over all issues by applying administrative skills.
Pros
proud to be in big organization
Cons
poor benifits
Business Office
Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2012
Learned how to post payments from insurance companies and all other billing facets of the healthcare billing system.
full of new tasks to perform, while learning new things you enjoy doing what you know,
Radiological Technologist Clinical (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAMay 18, 2012
friendly environment, place where it's easy to communicate with everybody, friendly and helpful co-workers
Pros
friendly staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9