Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center

Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center Employee Reviews

the most enjoyable part of the job
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2018
Nurses and therapist gets along and help each other out when needed. They will teach you stuff if asked and willing to show you how things work. Teams members are always willing to help each other out.
Typical Shift
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2018
High paced but helpful staff in the Med-surg units. Great opportunity for a new nurse wanting exposure and to learn in a hospital setting. All nurses work side by side with a variety of experience.
A good work place
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2017
I had a very good experience working at Hollywood Presbyterian ..if it wasn't for my position being termimanated I still would be there working ..on to the next one
Pros
Positive
Toxic!
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 15, 2017
This place was once described by a visiting professional (from outside agency to assess a patient) as like being "a fish in a blender." Lots of noise, commotion, patients screaming, foul odors, unclean-looking, everyone harried and stressed. Not a nice place to work.
Productive place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2017
This is the place where i knew, that i wanted nursing as my career. I wasn't able to do much but I able to interact with patients, and help them out through out the rehab
Wasn't for me.
ER Resident (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2017
Admitting pt.'s to the E.R., assessing them, drawing blood, inserting F/C and IV's, administering medications, wound care and transferring/discharging. I learned there are a lot of homeless and violence in this city. The management was fine. The hardest part was seeing the pt.'s die and the most enjoyable was ????
Pros
Cons
The E.R. in this city was just not for me.
Would not recommend this place at all
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2017
12hr shifts with poor scheduling, always under staffed and low pay. Union takes out dues without any benefits. Hospital is always short on supplies. Facility is dirty.
Nice place to work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Oncology/ sub acuteSeptember 9, 2017
Will recommend this Hospital to everyone. I learned a lot when I was assigned in oncology but they need only pastime nurse at that time so I moved to sub- acute for a full time schedule.
poor quality care
Admin Director Ambulatory Surgical (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 16, 2017
You are left on your own without support from above or HR.They cannot hold onto a Csuite, turnover yearly.They are unable to hire staff with experience or meet qualifications due to poor salary. In management you need to watch your back at all times. Poor quality physicians, unable to retain or provide quailty.
Staff very friendly management team very poor. Cut throat HR is horrible
Pros
staff friendly
Cons
management poor
Terrible place to work
Admitting Representative ER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2017
The management is unprofessional. The employees make it the business to treat each other with disrespect. The hardest part of the job is getting alone with your co-workers.
Pros
Time goes by fast because you are so busy
I didn't like it
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2017
I didn't like it working there. You deal with so many problem and people are not helpful. However your co workers are not supporter. Come to work everyday is wasn't for me
Cons
Chalet is not a place where you want to practice your profession
Former staff (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2017
Chalet has very poor management, dangerously unsafe nurse to patient workload, biased HR who only listens to managers' side. Administrative Director and clinical care coordinator will set you up for failure and jeopardize your license instead of supporting you.
Exciting place to work.
Student Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90027February 23, 2017
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center provides a large group of professionals that are dedicated to patient care. This location also has everything from an NICU to a sub-acute.
Denials Management
Denial Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2016
Communicates and coordinates with various individuals/distributions and assist with the management of the day to day activities related to Government Audit Reviews. Maintains an open communication with internal and external vendors. A working knowledge of ICD9-cm, and CPT coding standards and a network computer system with the ability to generate data as needed. Maintain compliance with federal and state regulating agencies. Complies with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives safety, and budgets.
Poor management
Registered Nurse/Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2015
The hospital administration does not care about employees and is creating an unsafe environment for nurses. Recently adding team nursing to a cardiac unit and unsafe nurse to patient ratio. The nursing staff is the only reason I have stayed but now it feels too unsafe.
Pros
Cons
poor staffing, unsafe
Pretty good place to work
Radiology Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2015
The imaging department staff were great to work with. Upper management had problems with this facilities financials thus having to conduct annual large layoffs to manage budgets.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Upper management
Enjoying my co-workers
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2015
Coming to work early to see how the crowds are in the emergency, how many women are possibly delivering that shift. Restocking supplies, Doing a walk around to see which floors are slightly more urgent than others.Maintaining a clean environment for clients and family. Possessing time management skills, work flow varies hourly. I've learned bio hazardous skills, how to disinfect properly. Management and I keep a professional relationship. My co-workers work well with me an we have a clear line of communication. The hardest part of the job is the hours, my schedule is 10:00 pm to 7:00 am. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people of many different culturals
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working Grave yard shift
Unorganized environment
Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2014
I enjoy working in my actual department. However, the establishment as a whole could use more structure, professional communication, and accountability.
It's a great facility, with a great history.
Infection control Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaAugust 12, 2014
It's a great facility, with a great history. and always in search for advancement,
But what i didn't like is the way they Released me from my contract, For no reason.
Which i found out later that they hired the previous IP that left with her choice.
There are a lot of opportunies the management is not taking advantage of
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 25, 2014
Most people who work here stay because of the friends they have made here.

Management is so far removed from the employees that employees are disengaged from the mission and vision of the organization.
Pros
Relief nurses, and CNAs to help nurses
Cons
Lack of leadership in almost all departments, and especially at the very top.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9