Holmes Murphy & Associates Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Member of the Business Solutions Team (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 30, 2017
The company does a great job of providing a welcoming environment in which good people rule the majority. They truly create a culture in which coworkers and their families are united.
Great place to intern!
Corporate Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 18, 2015
Their motto is work hard, play hard, and enjoy who you do it with. Great management and so many fun things to do with great coworkers! Hardly ever feels like a day of work.
Strong family culture - great place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 4, 2015
I enjoyed my 7 years at Holmes Murphy. Great people to work with and learn from each other. I greatly enjoyed working with the clients in my book of business. The thing I liked best was doing employee meetings and answering benefit questions/solving claim issues.
Enjoyable place to work, fast paced, challenging and rewarding position.
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 10, 2013
Manager client expectations by assisting health care benefits and all other ancillary benefits. Assisted in sales and implementation of new clients and assisted in retention of clients presenting renewal, negotiating with carriers and conducting employee meetings. Provided quality customer service through both written and verbal communication. Strong organization skills, problem solving and multitasking at all times. Marketing health insurance plans and all ancillary benefits.

Over the past couple of years I've learned a lot about Health Care Reform in order to assist and advise clients on the regulations and implementation of the laws.

The hardest part of the job was:
staying informed on the ever changing Health Care Reform laws
Implementation dates of each law and assuring the clients were in compliance.
Each day included a variety of challenges, tasks and learning opportunities to improve my performance and knowledge.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits, employee recognation, the company treated the employees well.
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours in the day to get all the work done.
N/a
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 28, 2013
I was able to learn the Retail Agency side of the business. Most of my insurance back ground was on the wholesale side.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Best Job Ever
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2012
The culture and the principals this company are based on makes it feel like your time is a great investment here. Very professional yet friendly company, managed well. Pay is very competitive, and the benefits are even better.
Insurance company with diverse captive clients
DBA/SAP Business Objects Administrator (Current Employee) –  W Des Moines, IAMay 8, 2012
Captive and P&C insurance company. Daily customer support with regard to determing what the customer needs are centered around. Management is put into position without actually being qualified to handle the tasks assigned to them. The company does promote from within good or bad. Co-Workers have no fear of repercussions and no respect for upper management. Hardest part is determining if you are the target for the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holmes Murphy & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Holmes Murphy & Associates Reviews by Location