Holmes Regional Medical Center

Holmes Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

people person
Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 14, 2014
I enjoy being with sick patients an bringing there spirits up an putting a smile on there face love my job but want to better myself
very good company to work for.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 5, 2014
all the co workers that I had opportunity to work with were very
knowledgeable.
Challanging and very satisfying
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Melbourne, FloridaJuly 31, 2014
Pros: seeing a trauma patient survive a devistating injury and go home/rehab.
Cons: over work not reconigized by administration
The position was 100% review of all trauma charts for the American Collage of Surgeons patient care filters. I worked very closely with the surgeons in their Quality Management meeting. I was responsible for all periodic reports and presentations. The department personnel are all very dedicated to their work. All aspects of the job were enjoyable.
Excellent Employer
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 31, 2014
Very enjoyable hospital to work at. Management is great to work for and very supportive. They are very understanding and do not micromanage. Training is very good also.
Fast Paced and high stress
lab support tech (Former Employee), melbourne floridaJune 23, 2014
Really enjoyed the co workers and patients that I dealt with over the years I worked here.
Culture of Intimidation, Gestapo like tactics
RN (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 18, 2014
You certainly are not looked at for your body of knowledge, it is solely based on who you know. People that have no business being advanced are and those who work hard are not rewarded. They use coercion and intimidation to keep people in line.
Pro active Focus, Revolving staff and retention
Cardiovascular Technologist & Technician (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 17, 2014
Pros: patients, family. employees you relate with
Cons: none to comment
No review to give. I am no longer there.High patient flow, rarely well staffed. Often management would not help when needed, or when we were short staffed. co-workers were positive and friendly. Hardest part was company didn't make employees feel valued. Only two raises given in seven years of work. Pay was actually cut back as well. Most enjoyable – more... part was working with great people.Great Picnics and Christmas parties though. – less
I enjoy people and love what I do
PICC RN (Current Employee), Melbourne ,flFebruary 19, 2014
Always looking for an opportunity to teach . I am committed to my co workers and think of them as a family. I enjoy what I do everyday with patients especially with difficult peripheral access and access with babies and children.
work with a great crew of nurses and doctors
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: supportive working relationship with other staff.
Cons: feeling of giving less than great care when really busy.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the care of a laboring mother and delivery of her baby. Care and support of grieving family after loss of their expected little one is the hardest part of my job. I work with a great crew of nurses, techs and unit coordinators .
great place to work
Registered Nurse - charge & staff (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: al of the experiences i developed, 3 12hr shifts
Cons: short staffed sometimes
Great learning experiences, always busy, 12-hr night shifts, vents, trachs, CPR, CPR instructor, ACLS instructor, IABP, assisting with organ transplants.
very political
Exec Admin (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 26, 2014
Cons: too many to list
horrible place to work. Pay increases are a waste of time and insulting. management haven't a clue what they are doing.
fair
Clinical Informatics Coordinator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 22, 2013
With my current job of clinical informatics, I realize how much I miss bedside nursing.
Productive place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 10, 2013
A typical day coming in to work you learn your assignment what room you are in and then you start your day. I've learned how to finish perfecting my technology skills and learning new processes.
Nice place to work because I got to work around a lot of people.
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: the job gave out free meal tickets for good work.
Cons: lunch breaks were too short.
Work day there for me consisted of a lot of walking around the hospital floor to floor serving food. I learned a lot of different type of diets certain people were on due to their health issues. Bosses were cool and respectful. Co-workers were fun to work around with. Hardest part of the job is when the machines fail. The enjoyable part of the job was – more... that you may see some weird interesting stuff that patients come in for. – less
Great staff that excelled in teamwork. I enjoyed my job and made a difference in other peoples lives.
Advanced Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: education incentives, health and 401k benefits, good communication with staff and management.
Cons: sometimes no breaks when very busy.
A typical day included taking report from a night staff professional. Looking up lab results and xrays, assessing patient and checking orders. Therapy with medication given to patient. All therapy and treatment electronically charted. Communicate with physicians and other professionals. Attend meetings and give input to improve and develop positive – more... outcomes and improve workplace in a positive manner. Mentoring students as needed, learning and teaching procedures to further my skills. Providing positive feedback to co-workers. – less
caring for cancer patients is very emotional.
CNA (Former Employee), Hickey St.September 6, 2013
Pros: helping with the littlest things that mean so much to them.
Cons: when patients die when they have so much hope.
caring for cancer patient,do everything for them when they can't.
all about the disease.
are always there to give a hand to help.
very loving for the sick.
when a patient dies.
when they go home with there families.
Fast paced, exciting place to work
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Melbourne FlSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches here and there, room for advancement, and top of the line equipment.
Cons: there really were no cons.
At Holmes Regional the atmosphere made you feel as if you worked among family. I caught on quickly because everyone welcomed me with open arms and helped train me. Filling pyxis machines, filling prescriptions, speaking with nurses, delivering medications in all parts of the hospital, and utilizing the pneumatic tube system were daily activities. I – more... really enjoyed that everyday there was a new task that needed to be conquered. – less
Healthcare Professional
Nutritional Services Technician (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 19, 2013
Pros: discounted lunches, great health insurance
Cons: short breaks
Being a nutritional services tech has its many great values and opportunities. My favorite is making sure my patients are happy and comfortable with what they are consuming. Seeing my patients happy while they are laying in a hospital bed makes me smile. The day may get stressful and hectic but when your working in healthcare, it is to be expected.
Great workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 18, 2013
This hospital has a great staff and is a great place to work. I really enjoyed my time and gained some valuable knowledge.
Internship during CNA program
Intership as a Student CNA (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 17, 2013
Interning at Holmes was a great experience. The staff and management was great and very helpful. Them letting us actually work and practice on patients taking care of them was a good experience.