Holmes Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent opportunity employer
Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbpurne,FloridaNovember 23, 2015
On a typical day of work was quite interesting & fun. I learned that i was mechanically inclined. Management was excellent to work for.My co-workers has it's challenges.The hardiest part of the job is trying your hardiest @ your best of knowledge that you know. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with family members.
Pros
fun
Cons
hardwork
NUTRITIONAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 13, 2015
I had a lot of fun working at Health First. I met lots of different people and was able to learn how to work with people from different walks of life.
Non stop action, fast paced and lots of learning.
Emergency Room Tech/Trauma (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 7, 2015
Very intense atmosphere but so rewarding. The physicians treat the patients like human beings instead of a number. Supportive management and great team work.
Productive caring workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 2, 2015
Holmes regional has been a great place to work. They support us as workers and help us to be the best health care providers we can be.
I like the entire staff
Volunteer - Inpatient (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 1, 2015
Everyone is very nice to me when i come to do my mini advocate patient care job every week. thank you in advance. It will be an honor to get to officially become an employee for health first.
State of the art heart center with a competative trauma unit/ER.
Executive Assistant to Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 31, 2015
The organization is top notch with patient care and providing a modern environment for both employees as well as patients.
Pros
Fast paced and the newest technology offered
Cons
Management at the time was in a peridyme switch.
Great place to work! Particularly D7 unit!
RN, D7 Cardiac Interventionalist PCU (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 28, 2015
Typical RN duties. With various types of floors to choose from. Ability to advance is great. Hardest part of the job can be patient's families.
Nocturnal Hospitalist - Nurse Practitioner
Hospitalist Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 29, 2015
Great job! Worked 7-on/ 7-off, 12-hour shifts in a large not-for-profit hospital system. The system has four hospitals and a very large medical staff associated with the parent company. I worked in the flagship hospital of the system. As a nocturnist, I focused on admitting patients from the ED to an inpatient status. The average shift can run from 6 to 24 patient admission in a shift, shared with a physician and a Physician Assistant. My specialty is internal medicine. I would also answer nurse calls to care for overnight medical issues of the inpatients on the Hospitalist's census. My co-workers are awesome. Always team players. The most enjoyable part of my job was to ease the fears of patients and their families having to deal with difficult and unexpected situations.
busy hospitals wit mostly hardworking staffs.At times there`s politicking.
RN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 3, 2015
The hospital is most of the time busy.There are CNA`s who are helpful and pleasant with the nationalities from here.The most enjoyable part of the job is when patients praised you for your effort in your job.The hardest part is there`s enviousness when you`re appreciated.
Pros
most of the staffs are hardworking.
Cons
there`s bad attitude from other staffs mgt. doesn`t know.
Great
bedside nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 27, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Wonderful team work and technology. RN PCU typical nurse to patient ratio is 1/4. RN get raises often. Almost all nurses work 12 hour shifts. FT employmes get health care, 401k, and free gym membership.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FloridaMarch 12, 2015
The vast majority of first-level managers I have met are helpful and encouraging, genuinely committed to the success of the individuals on their teams.
Hospital Job is ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 17, 2015
They give you a lot of rooms to clean in one shift and they will make you clean rooms all over the hospital instead of giving you one area to maintain. It was way too much for one shift. although not impossible just very disorganized.
Good place to learn and grow
Radiology Tech Assistant/ Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 17, 2015
I loved working at Holmes Regional Medical Center. Wonderful people,wonderful managers and wonderful patients.. A good place to learn and grow!
Pros
wonderful people to work with and grow from.
Cons
no cons
You're Replaceable
Allied Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 16, 2015
They only want good little minions. Don't "care to much for your patients" or you'll be fired. "If you don't like the way things are done..."move on or be replaced." HR protects supervisors and management. If you make a VALID complaint, they ask you for statements then, in my case, drag it out for over a year with NO resolution, then tell you it's been too long to do anything about it.

So, an ER supervisor instructs a nurse to commit chart fraud and aid in covering up a Sentinel Event. You report it...you're then attacked by ANOTHER ER supervisor who Personally Attacks you in RETALIATION for your being a conscientious, HONORABLE employee. HR again, drags it out for over a year and does NOTHING.

You get a "decision day" then they use some B.S. excuse to threaten to terminate you..forcing you to resign and seek legal counsel to sue them. ---STAY AWAY.
Pros
commensurating with the other unhappy employees.
Cons
patients are mistreated and patient safety is a serious concern.
Busy Labor And Delivery Nursing Unit
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Twelve hour shifts, rewarding to be a part of special moments in peoples' lives, very busy unit, multi-tasking
Pros
great team work
Cons
twelve hour shifts, sometimes no breaks and extremely busy
Good place to work at.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 19, 2014
I learned a lot and was able to advance my career as a nurse, loved my coworkers. Enjoyed working with my patients and helping them get better.
enjoyed meet all kinds of people
cna (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 2, 2014
Lots of different situations must think quick on your feet.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
getting time off
people person
Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 14, 2014
I enjoy being with sick patients an bringing there spirits up an putting a smile on there face love my job but want to better myself
very good company to work for.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 5, 2014
all the co workers that I had opportunity to work with were very
knowledgeable.
Challanging and very satisfying
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FloridaJuly 31, 2014
The position was 100% review of all trauma charts for the American Collage of Surgeons patient care filters. I worked very closely with the surgeons in their Quality Management meeting. I was responsible for all periodic reports and presentations. The department personnel are all very dedicated to their work. All aspects of the job were enjoyable.
Pros
seeing a trauma patient survive a devistating injury and go home/rehab.
Cons
over work not reconigized by administration

4.3