HOLOGIC Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun place to learn
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 15, 2016
Great company to work for. One thing that has to change is the heavy workload for employees. At the manufacturing end, there is the need to open more opportunities for advancements.
great
Service Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 5, 2016
great work balance pay life benefits and work nice building with waterfall and outdoor seating, beautiful campus. friendly environment.
Product focused job shop
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2016
Hologic has a core of tremendously loyal and intelligent staffers who have delivered highly competitive solutions in the company's wheel-house of fluid test kits, genetic diagnostics and imaging. Unfortunately, the company has no sense of its true competitive assets, people and is commensurately poor in human capital management and CoE development. Most of its success comes from a small group of ex-engineers turned middle management who are challenged as to how to achieve world-class scale in ops and retention, and an executive team with no sense of the middle and bottom of the org. As a result, the company is reactive more so than innovative and is vulnerable to loss of capacity should its delicate, albeit currently successful, chemistry ever change.
Pros
Flexible schedules and broad mix of technology
Cons
No/low career mobility or training w/ immature management team
Great pay and hours, but can be very lonely and boring
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 27, 2016
As a college student pursuing a degree, I didn't really care what work I was given. With great hours and pay, I couldn't say no. Once everyday became a routine, the work became boring and really slow. I always had to ask for more work. My supervisor underestimated my skills constantly and made me feel like I didn't know any better. I also wasn't trained well when I first began, which annoyed me as when I asked for guidance on a project, they wouldn't show me what to do, they would just take over. Coworkers argued a lot within the office. Felt like high school. Everyone also had their own clique. I wouldn't recommend the environment and culture at Hologic.
Pros
Cafeteria, gym, free coffee
Cons
Upper management looks down on you, negative energy from certain co-workers
High level medical device development/manufacturing environment
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 3, 2016
Fast paced, broad exposure to federal/international regulations,
highly professional environment, strong internal/external audit
processes and procedures.
Pros
excellent benefit package
Cons
too many irons in the fire
Fast pace growth company
Product Support Specialist 4 (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 2, 2016
Makers of world class top of the line medical devices, Hologic is a fast pace growth company. It has good benefits and one of the best service organizations.
company moving.
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 23, 2016
As a contractor, It goes with the territory. However, Treated like dirt and talked down to consistently...degrading!
Pros
training.
Cons
Insulted constantly
What happened?
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 1, 2016
I worked at Hologic early 2000's and it was a awesome place but after reading the reviews it makes me sad to see so many negative comments about a place I used to work at. Things change and so do people a great place to work is a snap-shot in time; the right people and right management apparently something here has changed drastically.
Pros
Was a great place
Cons
Comments indicate a drastic change has occured
Fast paced growth environment company
Manager, Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 29, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the collaborative effort I get to share with the hiring managers and candidates. It is a win-win situation for all involved. The ability to hire top talent that matches our company culturally is a plus. This results in retention of top talent and allows our company to grow. Our employees grow in their career.

Hologic is a very exciting place to work!
terrible management
administrative (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 2, 2015
The managers don't care about you and your co-workers are rude, nasty, talk behind your back, they hate their job and make it known. Very high stress level and I was showing a manager a program because she didn't know how to use it. It was very lonely and not a good work environment. I would go home crying every night because I can't stand getting treated like a robot and if you made an error the supervior would be on your case like it was the end of the world. They don't appreciate anything, managers come and go as they please, they come in whatever time they want and sneak out of work early. There isn't a "team" environment, it's a bunch of cliques that go outside and smoke for 20 mins every hour. I am so happy to be out of there. The people I worked with would be on social media all day, texting, on personal phone calls and shopping for clothes online. I'm very disappointed. I was hoping for a long term career, I should have stayed at my previous job .
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
rude people, no proper management, inconsiderate co-workers
productive fast pace enviornment/laid back assembly line
Assembly line/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2015
My typical day at work would be to assemble breast cancer products on a assembly line. I learned awareness about breast cancer and the good the company was doing to try and identify early stages of breast cancer. It was a lively environment. My co workers were decent people but you had some people that didn't understand or try to learn the value of their position about saving lives. The hardest part of the job was being specific in details in which product had to be assembled. you couldn't just add pieces of just assemble unnecessary parts that didn't belong. you needed very strong attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of the job that it was a very laid back environment even though you had a quota to reach at a specific time which was never impossible to reach as long as you were dedicated, focused and can follow directions.
Pros
laid back enviornment/very clean
Cons
people that didnt care
working with the people thier
Handpiece operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2015
A typical day of work is dealing with management, I learn to deal with the problems. my co-workers was a go group of people.the hardest part of the dealing with management.the enjoyable part of that was getting off.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
break to short
Passionate customer service focused, Loyal, team player, goal driven, project oriented
CASH APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, maJuly 1, 2015
I thrive in an environment that is dedicated to customer satisfaction for internal and external customers alike. Always look at every task, process, and project to ask how can we do better? The happiest time is when I am engaged with all aspects of the process and work hard to excel and master the task at hand.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
TBD
Good company to work for
Collections Analyst, Marborough, MA (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, maJune 29, 2015
Hologic is always working towards improving their customer’s experience. Management allows flex time and for their employees to work from home when needed. There is a gym at their Marlborough facility.
Pros
Great enviroment
A company undergoing a lot of changes
Electromechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 24, 2015
I was recently employed at Hologic and enjoyed the experience overall. However, the company just changed ownership right before I came in so it's a slow and rigorous process to implement new changes and find out what works. I was also on as a temp just before they decided they weren't going to be hiring any new employees and they will be cutting costs, so I was laid off. That was my experience with this company. However I'm sure once they work out the logistics; sometime in the future it will be a good place to work.
Pros
Good people, good pay
Cons
Undergoing new management, inefficiency
We were productive and had FUN everyday!
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2015
This company was small when I was employed there but it was on the move to success. They encouraged us to have fun and were fair when it came to advancement in the company. They also gave incentives when you met your goals or quality was met for the month.
Worst pay, worst advancement, mismanagement is rampant
Information Services (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 14, 2015
Management doesn't care about you, mismanagement seems to be the most consistent attribute. Corporate culture is fragmented. Is HQ in Bedford, or Marlborough? Or San Diego? Pay is awful. It's all about lining the pockets of investors, masked by the guise of saving lives. The best part of the job are the great people you work with, they're all getting screwed too, unless they're in the inner circle of management. you won't go anywhere here.
Pros
?
Cons
just about everything
Takes too long to hire temps
AP Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 2, 2015
Fantastic group of people and the company has great value. Good work/family balance. Problem is they bring in mostly temps and it takes well over a year to get hired.
Pros
good pay and flexible
Cons
doesn't hire permanant quickly
Good Company
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 1, 2015
Learned to build and final test of three different medical products. They had a good and positive attitude with all it workers.
Nothing positive to say
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 27, 2014
My experience was so poor that I have little to say. The management, which started as terrible, somehow managed to get worse. The product management group was led by people who could not even write a coherent sentence in English. The products are good, but the lack of talent in engineering management and product management meant that products always fell short of being spectacular, or better than just good.
Pros
none.
Cons
too many to even try listing.