Hologic Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Decent place to work overall but as of late you have to wonder how long the job will last since about 200 employees were basically handed off to another company.

Work life balance is great but salaries are lower compared to other companies it seems.

Promotions are hard to come by and this year they promoted a lot of people due to the lack of promotions the previous 2-3 years, hopefully this trend will continue as many people are working well above their title.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
salary, communication from higher ups
great people
Quality Control Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHNovember 17, 2016
The people who work in the Londonderry facility are like family, they support and help each other daily. The work ethic and culture is by far the best I have ever experienced both with co-workers and management. The management/engineer team are caring and have a out standing style in that they need to solve problems as a company with in a strong team setting.
The challenges to my job is that there is a lot to learn and things are ever changing. The best part of my job is that I work for a company that saves lives! The company makes the difference in so many people and knowing that gives great pride in coming to work.
Pros
We are treated as adults to get our job done in a relaxing environment.
Cons
n/a
Product focused job shop
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2016
Hologic has a core of tremendously loyal and intelligent staffers who have delivered highly competitive solutions in the company's wheel-house of fluid test kits, genetic diagnostics and imaging. Unfortunately, the company has no sense of its true competitive assets, people and is commensurately poor in human capital management and CoE development. Most of its success comes from a small group of ex-engineers turned middle management who are challenged as to how to achieve world-class scale in ops and retention, and an executive team with no sense of the middle and bottom of the org. As a result, the company is reactive more so than innovative and is vulnerable to loss of capacity should its delicate, albeit currently successful, chemistry ever change.
Pros
Flexible schedules and broad mix of technology
Cons
No/low career mobility or training w/ immature management team
be careful at work.
Packaging Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2016
working environment sucks. corruption at its best. if youre a temporary employee cant win arguements etc. the veteran employees they take advantage of the new hired people. talking about the temporary employees. the management doesnt take the temps side. so if youre working at this place be sure not to argue with the old employees. or youll get fired
Pros
some of the female co workers bring food all the time
Cons
some veteran employees will take advantage of you
Great Company!
Process/Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, DEJanuary 28, 2017
Great people to work with and work for, supervisors do not micromanaged but rather encourage you to perform at higher level. Wonderful products to make and build with a worth cause of improving women health and combating cancer. Thy also practice safe manufacturing environment and good life work/life balance.
Large company needs more department oversight
Site Head of Quality (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Overall a good company

Smaller locations allowed to run without company oversight which is problematic

Ok compensation but could be better
Great pay and hours, but can be very lonely and boring
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 27, 2016
As a college student pursuing a degree, I didn't really care what work I was given. With great hours and pay, I couldn't say no. Once everyday became a routine, the work became boring and really slow. I always had to ask for more work. My supervisor underestimated my skills constantly and made me feel like I didn't know any better. I also wasn't trained well when I first began, which annoyed me as when I asked for guidance on a project, they wouldn't show me what to do, they would just take over. Coworkers argued a lot within the office. Felt like high school. Everyone also had their own clique. I wouldn't recommend the environment and culture at Hologic.
Pros
Cafeteria, gym, free coffee
Cons
Upper management looks down on you, negative energy from certain co-workers
Great company and products
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2016
Great company and products. Excellent benefits and compensation. A lot of travel. Cool manager. Short training for what you need to know.
Fun place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2017
It's a fun place to work in. but, there are some people that wants you to leave the company. such as Production Leads from 1st shift to 2nd shifts.
If they Hate you they'll make you leave.
They will leave bad reviews to the manager.
Pros
No clock-in, layoffs
Cons
Have to finish your rework first before you take a break, during others break you cannot join them as long as you still have work to finish, no extra break. if you take your break after others you'll get a warning.
Dead end waste of time and this is nice
Current assembler (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 16, 2016
If you want to be criticized for a positive attitude, enthusiasm and awsome credentials then this is the place. They may have excellent products, however the mfg team gets treatment like 1st grade.
Hi level jobs ok, but entry level is a dead end.

That is why it has an 73% turn over rate. Mfg management is status quo. Please do not waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Antiquated mgt, with no future, no support and dead end opportunity. Miserable co workers.
Great women's health care company
Clinical Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Enjoy working with Hologic and providing clinical support. My role is leading more into sales. I would like to see myself back into a clinical role working more closely with patient healthcare and their well being.
Pros
New technology and products revolutionizing women's health care.
Cons
Being pulled into a sales role and away from clinical.
Awesome collegues but little support
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2016
Teammates are great and everyone supports each other. Little actual training or support from management and no room for growth for temp. research associates
Review Hologic
Electrical Mechanic Assembler 3 (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 7, 2016
Loved working at Hologic. Everyone worked together on the line. If you wanted to learn something new they are always willing to help you, the management team is assume, Hologic is like a big family and everyone helps one another.
Operational Independence
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 14, 2016
Good place to begin your career. Many changes withing the organization set up which does not allow to carry out long term projects.
good
IT Audit Intern (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 23, 2017
great people, very good working environment. the company is very big and it is harder to know people from different department than small company but my colleagues and working facility are great!
Device Assembler performs a variety of functions related to the assembly
Mechanical Assembler (temporary)- Device Assembler (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 9, 2016
My day starts by asking where I may be stationed to work.
Most of the day I am assembling devises and asset on production line when needed. that may in include, visional camera, inserting, makers, second visual camera, packaging and or seal in section.

Management are very pleasant and professional at all levels
my co workers are all pleasant,
Cons
job is temperary
terrible management
administrative (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 2, 2015
The managers don't care about you and your co-workers are rude, nasty, talk behind your back, they hate their job and make it known. Very high stress level and I was showing a manager a program because she didn't know how to use it. It was very lonely and not a good work environment. I would go home crying every night because I can't stand getting treated like a robot and if you made an error the supervior would be on your case like it was the end of the world. They don't appreciate anything, managers come and go as they please, they come in whatever time they want and sneak out of work early. There isn't a "team" environment, it's a bunch of cliques that go outside and smoke for 20 mins every hour. I am so happy to be out of there. The people I worked with would be on social media all day, texting, on personal phone calls and shopping for clothes online. I'm very disappointed. I was hoping for a long term career, I should have stayed at my previous job .
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
rude people, no proper management, inconsiderate co-workers
Great job and products
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 7, 2016
Loved my job, the doctors I worked with, the staff people I worked with, and the products were great. I was extremely knowledgeable about my products and procedures and my doctors knew it and appreciated the assistance I provided in surgery.
Pros
Products
Productive Fun Place
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 8, 2016
Very flexible with your schedule and excellent pay. The overall staff here is awesome and they go out of their way to help you .
"Field work is as hard as you make it"
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 7, 2015
I worked as a field engineer for this great company. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for work as a medical field engineer. This company offers a great support network for their engineers and they are truly focused on customer satisfaction.
Pros
Great benefits and decent company culture.
Cons
You WILL work late. Often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hologic. Our community is ready to answer.

65%