Hologic Employee Reviews

Grate place to work
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2018
I had fun work there and meeting new people. They are very professional individuals. Their very needed products that are cutting on the medical field.
Pros
Cons
a little to quite
Very nice place to work
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2018
After working in restaurants, film sets, classrooms and on the security beat, I finally got a job at an office. My team made me feel right at home and I thoroughly enjoyed the collaborative efforts of the team.
Health care
Production Operator Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2017
Clean environment, well controlled. Requires you wear lab coat, latex gloves and hair bonnet. Cool place to work for and most employees are friendly. Employee recognition a plus.
Classroom vs On the Job training great.
Field Service Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MANovember 27, 2017
Travel to different locations and work with different service engineers on installations, PM's and Repairs of different Imaging products. Responsible for scheduling Travel, Lodging, transportation and On the Job service connections.
Pros
Travel and learning the job requirements
Cons
limited relocation sites upond completion
Hopefully it has changed a lot since I was there
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 22, 2017
Small company with specialized jobs. Not much room for advancement and especially not for the administrative type jobs. Management was free to do as they please which can be great - yet also allows for a lot of poor choices and management to occur.

Despite my horrible employment - I will always use their products as a customer as they are truly superior products. And they should be for the blood, sweat, and tears that their employees put into them.
cut throat cost savings within co. large charitable contributions to cancer survivors - what??
worker (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 16, 2017
over the last 6-8 years with new management downsizing, cutting costs going to other countries for manufacturing, threatening the outside contributors and threatening employees has turned Hologic from a company who cares for their employees to a company doing whatever it takes to get to the bottom line - double digit savings in engineering, manufacturing, operations. However, Marketing and Sales is as rich as a company can get. but that's what the new management is all about - LOOKS, not security and caring for their employees. Just look at their booth(s) at the yearly trade show...
Good $$$ but poor managements (not worth to spend time there)
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 7, 2017
only hired contractors from India(H1 Visa)
poor managements (not worth to spend time there)
but making good money and flexibility schedule
extremely ton of works but not taken a good care of employees
New management are making changes to reflect previous company experience. Things were better bofore.
Field Service Engineer ll (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2017
To overloaded with work, TB's and no time for admin. Management just asks for more and then calls you on it during reviews.

Work life balance= None

There is a culture war between old Genprobe engineers and Cytyc engineers in work ethic.
All or most of the OT comes from the molecular side so there is a work balance issue.

New management has been making changes that deteriate moral and add more administrative functions to the field.
Pros
Salary, easy platforms.
Cons
Upper management. Work life balance. Short staffed and little or no admin time.
Great Products that saves women's lives
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 24, 2017
Overall I think Hologic is a great place to work for. They take care of their employees. They taught me to work smarter not harder. I enjoyed working there because of the people and the products that saves women's lives.
Pros
Fun team building events
Cons
Overtime has to be approved, too many meetings, Breach of confidentiol information
Working the IT helpdesk
Temporary hire - User services technician (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 10, 2017
1. a typical day as a temp is not usually stressful, but it was odd. I'd have a queue where I'd be assigned various tasks. Most could take an hour or less, but choosing which tasks to do first was sometimes the hardest part as tasks could pile up unpredictably.
2. I learned a lot about internal company policies, AD account creation, software support, networks, and in general working an IT helpdesk.
3. The management was odd. They tried to be very hands off, but said they'd be there to answer questions for us. Most of my questions were related to tasks I didn't have full permissions to do or didn't know how to do. So it made things awkward when I was assigned tasks and had to get somebody help me do my job every step of the way.
4. there was a lot of emphasis on "team" but half of the team seemed to always be doing their own thing.
Old vs New
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 4, 2017
The old Hologic was a great place to work. The new Hologic that has come about no longer cares about its customers or employees, just the bottom line.
Engineering intern
R&D Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2017
Best internship experience, plenty of opportunities to get hands on experience and I got the best manager. They pay extremely well and have good amount of funding to do R&D.
Good Benefits, little to no chance of promotion
Digital Imaging Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 19, 2017
It's a good company to work for, but there is very little to no in company promotions. There are a large number of outside managers bringing in there buddies.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
career wise there are to many dead end jobs and no chance to move up
I loved Hologic
Diagnostic Imaging Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Hologic was my dream job out of college. I learned a lot in the field and from other FE's, as well as enjoyed working on their products. I was sorry to be laid off.
Hologic formerly Gen-Probe Inc
SR. MANAGER, GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2017
Gen-Probe provided opportunities for advancement, career development and supported continued education. A great environment for high achievers as they will be appropriately rewarded.
Hologic
Sales (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 11, 2017
Hologic is a great place to work with a lot of interesting people. There has been a big push lately to bring in Stryker executives to change the culture to match Stryker.
good people to work with
Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2017
I have been at the company for a long time and the best part are the people I routinely worked with (including my team) and the products we produce that save people's lives.
Sr. Management is hit-or-miss depending on the dept. you work in. Middle management pulls much of the weight and there are pockets of great collaboration.
The ability to learn new skill sets is a benefit here if you take advantage. The culture is corporate America - there are plus/minus feelings towards the culture. It ebbs/flows depending on what is coming down from the top.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working on cross-functional process improvement teams and experiencing the benefits of your work to improve work processes.
Hardest part of the job, as with most places, is disagreement with some decisions (or lack thereof) coming from sr. mgmt. and feeling your opinions don't always count.
Pros
good benefits and programs available to employees
Cons
lack of accountability in some areas
Good company with great mission
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (contract) (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MASeptember 5, 2017
Working as a contractor--definitely not as good an experience due to no paid holidays, no PTO of any kind. The company's work and mission are something I can get behind, though, and I hope to go full-time.
Good Place
BI Architect (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great business to work for. Good work culture. Had one of the best professional experience in my career. Got amazing support from Business partners all across the world.
great place to work
Quality Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAAugust 9, 2017
Great company to work for. Relaxed atmosphere, great benefits, work is steady, stock is doing great. Gym and cafeteria are tops. large part of it was just acquired by grifols though so future uncertain.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
pay could be better to match competitors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hologic. Our community is ready to answer.