Holston Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful and great workplace
Office supply clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 18, 2016
Wonderful staff to work with
Productive and enjoyable job that supplied the company to continue to run smoothly
Enjoyed travel among all the offices
Meeting new people every day
Ordering office and medical equipment
Pros
Wonderful and always productive
Cons
All about the physicians and executives
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 16, 2016
Constant layoffs, insurance department outsourced to India, customer service for insurance is terrible now, more pressure on office to do the work that India cant do, took away the payment plans through Carepayment, cant get an efficient way for patients to make payments online, patients always unhappy with HMG and management doesn't do anything to fix the problems. Hardest part of the job was not having the support of the executive management. Typical day is always having to explain to patients what is wrong with something, why they didn't get their prescription, why they did not receive a call back.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
poor management, no resolution to problems, favoritism
Worst place I have ever worked.
Front office (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 24, 2016
Management was awful especially the manager in my office. No raises in over 4 years. Layoffs are constant. Very hard to advance.
Pros
Free lunches
Very professional staff and doctors
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at hmg for twenty years.I learned so much from the two doctors that I worked with.The hardest part of the job was knowing the doctor had to give bad results to a patient.
Medical Group
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoy my job here, which has everything to do with those I work with! I also love the M-F 8-5 clinic atmosphere. I see different offices on a regular basis so I don't find it as monotonous as some might.
The hardest part of the job is being understaffed and being expected to complete the work of 2 people in a day. Thankfully this hasn't been as much of a problem lately.
I enjoy working with patients and seeing new faces.
Pros
hour lunch, day shift, no weekends
Cons
healthcare benefits are not the best
Large Multi-Specialty Practice on the cutting edge
Director of Ambulatory Surgery Centers (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 3, 2014
Large Multi-Specialty Practice that also managed two Ambulatory Surgery Centers. The practice has an incredible sense of vision and foresight and has built an infrastructure that will continue to evolve and last many years to come. Great leadership and provides a wonderful balance of home and work for employees. The practice and employees participate in many community events and is an icon in the region.
Very professional organization
SPT (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 19, 2014
Very professional, Productivity standards are reasonable, excellent opportunity to grow, great staff!
family type enirvoment
Call Center LPN (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 26, 2014
great place to work,employees help one another.We always had what we needed to work with
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
n/a
Doctors greedy, disrespectful of PA/NPs
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 11, 2014
Doctors rule the roost and have no respect NP/PAs at all. Doctors trying to see more patients in a day than humanly possible and give any kind of care. Poor management, poor communication, selfishness and greed are rampant. Pride themselves on "open communication", want to improve morale. This is a joke. Not a good work environment for mid-levels, or frankly for anyone except physicians. Always in fear for job. THey are laying off employees regularly but only a few at a time so it is not newsworthy. Usually employees are long time employees making good wage- guess they can be replaced with someone cheaper? Just know it is NOT a good place to work, unhealthy work environment.
Pros
Nice EMR, if you work hard are paid well
Cons
No respect, greedy doctors, constant turmoil in offices

Comment – February 1, 2016

Lack of INTEGRITY overall in organization. No trust. True colors are becoming more evident to general public.

Typical Medical Office
Medical Front Office (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNJune 26, 2014
Typical Medical Office Atmosphere
Fast Paced Specialty Offices
Great Coworkers and Managers
Physicians are caring.
Appreciate the opportunity to learn and grow in my field.
Clinical Research Study Coordinator, CCRC (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 20, 2014
Afforded the opportunity to broaden my knowledge base in the area of clinical research.
Pros
m-f 8-5 no holidays or weekends unless you go on an investigator meeting. travel.
Cons
micromanagement, tremendous amount of turnover
Lack of communication all the way down NOBODY knows what is going on
NP (Former Employee) –  KingsportMay 3, 2014
Worked for HMG for over 9 years and they are the most unorganized corporation I have ever seen. It keeps getting worse. They will hire anyone with a piece of paper to hang on the wall and is willing to accept the low pay. They make the MDs see pt every 15 minutes so therefore serious conditions get overlooked. They are more interested in "Looking Good" than giving good care they are a revolving door because they can't keep people once they are hired and see they have been lied to. HMG is more interested in Real Estate ??? have no idea why but .. oh well I was afraid after a while because you are constantly being asked to stuff that is immoral or illegal BUT if you get caught...you are own your own!!! I would rather flip burgers ..
Cons
no breaks, no communication, no management keep lowering your salary and pay
I enjoy the job I now have and working with my co-workers.
Front Office/Finance (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 4, 2014
I do the cost analysis for the upcoming surgeries for the orthopedic department.
Pros
great doctors and staff.
Cons
hmg have cut our hours. several changes have been made.
Busy work environment with great coworkers - teamwork
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 20, 2013
Work Mon-Fri 8-5
Friendly working environment
Everyone works as a team no one is left out
Hardest part of the job is seeing patients' pass away
Enjoy getting to know people and knowing I'm making a difference in their life
Pros
flexible hours, easy to work with
Cons
more work less pay - dropping hours
Large volume of phlebotomy and urgent care procedures.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 3, 2013
Great place to acquire phlebotomy skills on infant and children; learning place for working along side physicians and nurses.
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
large volume of fingerstick on infants
great co-workers
LPN, Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 10, 2012
Management lacking, training lacking ....
Not enough patient contact ....
friendly & very supportive co-workers ....
most difficult part of the job .... guess I'd say lack of training, you're on your own pretty much ....
most enjoyable part of the job .... lunch!
Pros
co-workers, one hr lunch
Cons
training less than desired, management absent
Jealous Physicians
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 23, 2012
This office has a terrible manager who cows down to the physicians.

The physicians are very jealous of what a midlevel can bring to the table and fight among themselves on who will be getting the midlevels cases.

This establishment has wrongfully put physicians on a pedistal. The physicians at HMG treat the midlevels as monkeys. I don't know about you but I value my education and self-respect too much to be treated that way.
I love the work
Front Office (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 29, 2012
my day starts @ 8a arriving, checking out , booking appts and doing tasks. I have learned alot on the medical side which I love. My manager is wonderful she will go out of her way to help you. The hardest part of my job is going to other offices (ortho, family practice, general surgery, peds, etc)they all do the things I listed different. I enjoy all of my coworkers we really have a good team of Dr's and staff we all get along great and work well together. I am very thankful that I have a job in times of today.
Pros
medical discount, great place to work
Cons
the pay
Educational and Hands on Experience
Clinical Medical Assistant Extern (Current Employee) –  Weber City, VAMarch 19, 2012
I am currently on my second week at Holston Medical Group in Weber City, Va. I have enjoyed the experience that I have gained they are very hands on and have learned me more in two weeks then I have learned in the year that I have been going to school.
Pros
one hour lunch break
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holston Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8