Holston Valley Medical Center

Holston Valley Medical Center Employer Reviews

ICU Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 28, 2014
Worked with some really great team members. ICU was well staffed.
friendliest staff
Registered Nurse on Medical Surgical floor (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJuly 12, 2014
Cons: rarely had breaks
commute was too far. I'd leave at 0545, work 13 hours, drive home and get up and do it all over again. Gas was too expensive to get to and from work
Great workplace and coworkers
Radiography Clinical Student (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNMay 23, 2014
I had the best experience as a student at Holston Valley, everyday I learned more about diagnostic x-ray and was able to experience situations and difficulties that small hospitals do not see. The co-workers were absolutely outstanding and great to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJanuary 4, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in the people's life that I came in contact with.
Enjoy working with people
Admissions Rerpresentative (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNNovember 6, 2013
I have learned the admissions process and about healthcare.
Great Place to Work For, Great People to work with!
Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
A typical day as a PCT in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit was recovering patients directly out of surgery and assisting them with daily needs. Management inside of Holston Valley in my particular unit was fabulous! My supervisor always worked with the needs of everyone and made sure staffing needs were addressed. The hardest part of this job was the emotional attatchment you get while taking care of patients days on end. I enjoyed being able to meet amazing people with amazing stories.
Short staffed
rn (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNOctober 2, 2013
Pros: having a job
Cons: everything else mentioned
Everyone feels very overworked and pushed to limits at all times, not supported by upper management. Kept completely in the dark regarding status of hospital and our jobs, continually afraid of losing our jobs with continued lay offs.
The people I worked with were awesome!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJune 18, 2013
Pros: the people are great
Cons: being laid off
The people I worked with on my unit were fantastic. We had a great teamwork approach any time anyone got into a jam. I learned new skills in cardiac nursing. The hardest part of the job was being told there would be no job to come back to at the end of June. Our unit was being closed and we would all be laid off. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping each other and working as a team.
Good Place to work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNMay 9, 2013
•Performed RN duties for critically ill cardiac, cardio-thoracic, vascular, oncology, plastics, and neurological/neurosurgical patients.
•Experience in Level 1 center care, caring for critically injured trauma patients, including motor vehicle collisions, falls, gunshot wounds, neurological insults, among others.
•Resuscitate and stabilize patients, manage IV drips and titration, arterial, CVP and Swan-Ganz transducer lines, balloon pumps, induced hypothermia post cardiac arrest therapy, ventilators, wound care, medications and other appropriate nursing services.
•Served on research team and helped develop the hospital protocol for the induced hypothermia post cardiac arrest treatment.
Job was dependable
Environmental Technician (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNApril 25, 2013
Pros: no layoff
Cons: deal with death a lot
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Work wasn't very hard. Flexible schedule
Great place to work while I have been in school
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNApril 24, 2013
My co-workers are the best. No matter the situation they always say or do something to make the day even better. I have grown in my experience as a secretary and have learned many aspects of the administrative areas.
Loved it
Patient care technician (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNApril 14, 2013
Pros: great team work
Cons: fast paced if fast isnt your thing
typical day starts out obtaining vital signs and follows up with patient care. this hospital employs great team work oriented employees. managment is great, co workers are great. the best part about my job there was the excellent team work, hardest part of my jo is when people call in sick and there is a patient overload,
Great Benifits
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNFebruary 26, 2013
working there was great. enjoyed every minute of it.
Staff all worked together. everything was a team effort.
Enjoyable work
Patient Transporter-Junior Volunteer (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: management is fantastic
Rewarding work with plenty of opportunity for recognition
A good place to work, despite poor leadership.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNMay 21, 2012
Pros: good teamwork, decent benefits
Cons: low pay, often difficult work
A typical day at work at Holston Valley can vary from days of incredible activity to days which are slow. I have learned to do many things, including customer service, dealing with co-workers, and much about the medical field. Management at the hospital is adequate, but suffers from a severe lack of real-world experience. My co-workers are mostly a great bunch, being mutually supportive of each other. The hardest part of the job is also the most rewarding- that is, dealing with patients. Taking care of the patients and helping them to recover from serious illnesses is reward in and of itself.
Good people to work with
CNA (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNMay 16, 2012
Pros: coworkers
Enjoy the people I work with and taking care of my patients. The families of the patients are very thankful for everything we do for them and their family member
Great Facility
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNMay 13, 2012
It was a wonderful place to work. The job was rewarding and fulfilling. A great group of people to work for and to work with.

July 1, 2012

I am interviewing for a secretary job next Friday. Can you tell me what to expect during my interview like what kind of questions they asked?