HOLT CAT Employee Reviews

If the companies Mission, Vision, Values was adhered to by most of its managers. It would be a perfect place to work.
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2017
The employees are very accommodating and promote additional leadership management training. Cultural discrepancies such as micro management and departmental siloes ran rampant and offending just one of these citadels manager was a mistake that could last a life time. The hardest part of working at HoltCat was the micro management and pleasing your coworkers. The most wonderful part of working for HoltCat was being able to do my job when I could.
A majority of the people here are smart and great to work with
Lead Truck Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2017
Holt is a good company. They do their best to make you want to stay and build your career. There is a wide variety of opportunities to grow. However, it may be a bit too slow paced in certain areas. This also depends on the managers over the department you are in. Some care, some do not. It appears that way, anyway. This usually happens when the manager(s) are nearing retirement. That is another thing. There is something to be said about a company that has employees with 30, and 40+ years of tenure. It is great, but may also mean that some upper-level positions may not open until someone retires or dies. Sorry if that sounds dark, but it's true.
Fast paced productive environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 24, 2017
Holt Cat is fast pased and a competitive work environment. You do need your own tools and you need to have a good work ethic and be willing to take criticizm
Pros
People
Cons
People
Currently Employed
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 21, 2017
I'll update this at my one-year mark. I am working for Texas First Rentals, the fairly-new rental division of Holt Caterpillar, as an inside sales rep.
lasting company
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 8, 2017
Company stable not going out of business anytime soon. Very busy
and always need employees. New business focus on different aspects of construction business
Pros
stable company
Great Professionalism at he workplace
AG Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
Holt Cat is the largest Cat dealer in the US. The employees are the most proffesional in the business. Every one there has a role to play and they all execute it beautifully.
Pros
Professionalism and Teamwork
Construction World
Marketing Secretary / Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2017
Provided support to the VP Product Support and VP Marketing, with travel arrangements, calendar invites, event set-ups, customer collaboration.

Management was typically male-driven, which was respected and given.

It was a fun place to work, because of all the machines and their ability to move dirt.

The hardest part of the job was being a working mother, with small children and when they were sick, I would have to stay home with them and use my vacation days to do so. But the job was worth it.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was the action in the environment and the recognition given to the employees.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Difficult without work/life balance afforded
Great place to expand your knowledge
Power Generation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 11, 2017
40 hour work week typically. May have to work out of town every now and then. Hardest part of the job is little to no notice to work out of town. Easiest part of the job is that most of the work is very easy and not very time consuming. I have learned to communicate more effectively. Efficient at typing up paperwork required and turning in time daily.
Pros
401k is great
Cons
Little to no notice to work late nights out of town
Cat Power Systems
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 10, 2017
Typical day was 7 to 5 I was a Project Coordinator in the power system division. meaning I was the go between for the Customer, the salesman, the factory, our shop, transportation and field services. Basically the salesman sold the unit and it was my job to coordinate everything else and make sure it happened on time.
Great Company, dedicated to excellent customer service
Facilities Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2016
Every day is an opportunity to own a situation and provide great customer service to new and existing customers. What separates this company from the others is the persistent strive to exceed the customers expectations and attention to detail. The management team provides excellent training opportunities to all of it's employees. This company truly treats it's employees like family. The hardest part of this job would have to be knowing when to call it a day. The most enjoyable part of this job is the sense of accomplishment, knowing you are making a difference in the right direction.
Pros
Many Opportunities for on the job training
One of the best
Truck Parts Core Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2016
If I could have afforded it I would have stayed 30 years. But family gets bigger house gets older. It was just time for a new chapter.
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
Compensation
Easy going environment,
TRUCK PARTS CORE COORDIANTOR (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 4, 2016
an easy going environment, great place to work while attending college. However, the lack of advancement opportunities is a downside.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities.
Awesome Company
Tech II (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Great company to start off with if you've had no previous heavy equipment experience.Everyone is always willing to help out
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Lack of proper tools at the corpus location
Great company with potential to grow
Parts Sales Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX and North Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2016
I enjoyed that day to day Customer relationships, Coworkers worked as a team and became lifelong friends, great benefits. Overall a good company to work for.
productive work enviornment
Lead Warranty Coordinator/Truck Engine Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2016
Management team spot on
day to day work load normal
able to spend weekends with family
co workers helpful
everyone worked as a team.
Fun family enviroment in a big company
Parts Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXNovember 23, 2015
Fun, small family feel environment even though it is a large company. Very diverse group of individuals and skill sets. The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to be a part of a large team but still be appreciated for your contributions.
good place
Machinist Tech / Welder (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 23, 2015
good place, just to many family members in one department, lots of favoritism. I enjoyed the work I was doing and most employees. I machined parts in the machine shop.
Pros
good hours
Heavy Equipment Component Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 18, 2015
Holt is by far the best company to work for. A huge supporter of our veterans. Coming out of the military, Holts values align with what I already believe in.
Pros
Chance for advance up the ladder
Cons
I can not think of any.
Great company with many opportunities
Product Support Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasAugust 17, 2015
Sales of parts and service to customers with CAT / non-CAT equipment. Provide customer service throughtout the Southern part of Texas. Provide preventive maintenance and repair quotes to customers for service on their equipment. Build a quote and research parts needed for Preventive Maintenance or repairs on equipment. I enjoyed working with current customers and building a new customer base for our service department.l
very good company
Field Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  irving txJuly 29, 2015
work there 17 years and only left because of kids, worked several department within company have all had very good experence
Pros
all departments was good to work in
Cons
too far from kids