Holtec International Employee Reviews in United States

poor management
Plasma Burn Table Operator (Former Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Very unorganized, their paperwork is never right and they like to micro manage. Most of the supervisor have no idea what it takes to get the job done. HR is anything but!
Pros
Good pay
Welder
welder (Former Employee) –  East Pittsburgh, PADecember 24, 2014
I have worked at Holtec for sometime and the aupervisors do not work with one another they try and cause drama between the 3 shifts and make us work against instead of as a team the supervisors also really don't know what they are doing they just wing it everyday the rework is unbelievable and don't know how the company makes money there are a lot of welder a that think they know what there are doing there are a couple good guys left that can help.
Pros
benefits but after the new contract who knows
mismanaged
Driver (Current Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAJune 3, 2014
As a recently hired Employee of Holtec I am very disappointed in the work culture. They have a very poor training program, essentially you are thrown to the wolves to fend for yourself. They have a "figure it out for yourself" attitude. There is very poor communication between those in supervisory positions. Often times I find myself with nothing to do, I ask for guidance and am told to "keep myself busy". Pay rates are certainly higher than minimum wage, but NOT worth the aggravation.
Pros
???
Cons
work environment, management, training program
Horrible culture
Fitter (Current Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAOctober 3, 2013
This company pays well. That is literally the one good thing about working there. It seems as if supervisors are selected deliberately on the abrasiveness of their personality, and that people skills are seen as a detriment. I simply cannot wait to find a suitable replacement for this job. I would only recommend working here as a stopgap until something better becomes available. As I read over this review, I began to wonder if I'd been too kind...
Pros
pay, coworkers
Cons
managers, and everything else
Dedicated and positive work environment
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2012
Start at either 7am or on second shift at 3pm. Recieve work orders from upper management. I either work solo or with a partner. One day I may be welding all day or grinding and prep. Management is always on hand to guide or answer simple questions. Co-workers are always in a team mindset. Work together to find best solution to any obstical. The hardest part of job is heat in summer, poor ventilation while welding. Welding and working with team players.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks and no incentives
Great place to learn and build your career
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 16, 2013
It is a very flat organization which ends up providing anyone the opportunity to grow and build their career within the organization. You get the opportunity to work in places around the world. I came on 3 years ago and was entrusted with as much responsibility as I was willing to take on. The owners and management of the company expect a lot, but they will provide you with good compensation for your time and efforts.
Pros
flat org., high level of responsibilities, growing fast
Cons
occasional long hours
Interesting work, good salary, so-so benefits.
engineering (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJFebruary 1, 2013
Work is varied and interesting. CEO truly has an open door policy and doesn't mind when you tell him he's wrong. Freedom to make decisions and work independently.

Co-workers were wonderful - especially in the design group, purchasing and IT.

Poor communication.

Management does not carry through CEO's vision of respect towards others and professional behavior - especially Quality Assurance.

Benefits are iffy. This is the fault of their insurance admin. and not the healthcare provider.I was laid off with no warning and no severence.

Free coffee. Frequent free lunches.

Training and mentoring of new employees is rare, infrequent and inconsistent.
Pros
good pay, interesting work
Cons
management, benefits
Challenging and Rewarding Place to Work
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  MarltonMay 9, 2013
Holtec is a well run company that has continued to grow over time. I started 7 years ago and have seen the company develop positively. The work is very challenging and I enjoy what I do and the teams that I interact with at the firm. You can grow into jobs and advance in the company if you have the desire and the skillset.
Pros
an owner and management that will listen, not many slackers as the culture does not allow it.
Good place to learn a lot quickly. Very difficult to balance work/family life.
senior engineer (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 20, 2015
Management has strong technical ability; however there is not a good management style. Work is not well balanced or monitored.
Not a good place to work
Designer (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 31, 2014
Management expects you to work extra hours to stay on top of you work load. Problem is the workload is unrealistic so you are always behind unless you work tons of overtime for no additional pay. On top of that the poor management team doesn't know how to prioritize becaue they want it all done now and therefore many people rush to meet the unrealistic deadlines and then they make a bunch of mistakes that affect the other groups. Those groups in turn are then expected to stay late and revise everything because they are now going to be late due to all the revisions. Then people rush again to meet this new deadline and make additional mistakes that cause more issues.
Pros
good healthcare, interesting work
Cons
not a positive work environment, company is disorganized/poor scheduling, poor management, unrealistic deadlines, unrealistic workloads
good benefits and pay! No supervision at all!
welder (Former Employee) –  pittsburgh, paMay 9, 2013
Excelent benefits and pay. Supervisor look down on you. Supervisors donot work as a team! To many chiefs! Upper management will not take any advise from the union workers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
supervisor are not experienced at there job
Productive and fast paced place
Licensing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 7, 2013
Wearing different hats every day
Be ready to immediately understand a new project and prepare specifications in a short time (within couple of days)
Decent company to work for
Site Services Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Martlon, NJNovember 13, 2013
a lot of turnover for a large company. No overtime, low bonus scales, and a lot of firings.
welding steel
welder (Former Employee) –  turtle creek paJuly 30, 2013
I had fun on my job. if i need help there was someone there to help. i liked what i did there.

2.7