Holy Cross Health Employee Reviews

Hospital was sold
Nurse assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2017
Great hospital but the Sisters sold it around 1997. Loved working there as much as you can love work... there's a reason why it's called work. Jibbering jabber.
Staff provides great health care under challenging conditions.
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 7, 2017
For the most part, the employees are compassionate and caring. However, the parent organization's actions are removing the old family feeling and replacing it with a new corporate atmosphere. The departments tend to be under-staffed, performing under stress in an unsupportive environment. The employee benefits are reasonable overall, but the wages and salaries are relatively low. The management needs to listen to its employees, take more responsibility and be more supportive.
The worst poorly managed imaging department
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 6, 2016
Imaging department is understaffed, and any tech that works there is forced to do a two or three techs job risking patient and employee safety. No transport or tech aid. Management only cares about themselves not their employees or patients.
Pros
good co-workers, job security
Cons
short brake, selfish management
Benefits
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 7, 2016
After 6 months of working at Holy Cross, I was given the opportunity to complete training for career advancement.

Holy Cross is an enjoyable place to work and my co workers are all nice and friendly.
productive and exciting workplace
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kensington, MDApril 15, 2016
love working here exciting and new things to be learned on the daily basis they really care about the staff and patients here.
Pros
lovely work enviroment
Cons
short breaks, horrible healthcare
One of the best place to work
Community Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 9, 2016
I am a part time PRN employee serving for uneducated uninsured or under-insured ESOL community and provide education for the people from this community
Review Summary
Registered Nurse/ Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 1, 2016
Holy Cross is a very diverse hospital from staff to patients. Overall its a good hospital. The location is very central on the beltway. A very high Spanish population.
its a hospital
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 1, 2016
Its a hospital, they are in the business of making money but the do genuinely care about their patients. Diverse work place, a lot of opportunities.
Productive and good learning experience.
Certified registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 29, 2016
I work with the best co-workers, who care about their patients and make safe deliveries their priority. They provide good benefits for their employees.
Pros
#1 in Maryland for labor and delivery, 8000 babies a year average
Cons
12 hour shift
Hole Cross Germantown Hospital great place to work
Emergency Department Nurse (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 18, 2016
Holy Cross Hospital Germantown is an excellant place tp work, as a new hospital it offered a variety of new experiances, the staff is a joy to work with and learning new skills everyday.
The administrative team was always there for you whenever you needed help.
More like a family
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 14, 2016
Very fun and outgoing place to work. I have learned a Lot about the medical field from working here. Co workers help each other to get the job done
Pros
Help with financial issues
Cons
No union
Good working environment
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 12, 2015
A typical day is performing medication order entry written by physician and sent over by floor nurse. I communicate with the nurse about the status of medication order (time medication would be ready for Dispensing and pick up)
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
days get hectic due to system breakdown, Computer backup which leads to Nurse upset about missing doses.
co-workers
Clinical Nurse, ICU (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 6, 2015
Holy cross is a very diverse hospital. It has a great people working, full of support. Great benefits. A nice place to work. Decent scheduling. Bosses are also wonderful.
Better than some
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 29, 2015
I enjoy working here more than other places I have worked. However, there are most definitely some staff that make my job harder than others. All aspects of management are aware that there are individuals who do not do the job well enough, but still they keep them on board. Unless you kill someone, I guess you're still in. Unfortunately, that's the company you keep.
Cons
Some staff are very poor workers and teammates. Pay is meager.
Great place to get experience coming out of Tech school
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs, MDOctober 14, 2015
A great job to get basic experience I needed coming out of Surgical Technician school. The staff was very supportive and eager to teach me. The only thing that would have made this a better job was if I actually was able to perform as a Surgical Technician in the operating room.
Great Place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Oncology) (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 9, 2015
Excellent work environment, the best nurses to ever work with in life. Clean place to work, patient driven to do your best. Everyone cares.
Good place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 8, 2015
Great patient service. Has updated digital X-Ray equipment. Hospital is expanding. Beautiful place. One patient rooms which is nice and more spacious than before.
Cons
Shuttle for off site parking; extra time out of your day.
Great first nursing job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 5, 2015
Although night shift has its challenging, HCH was amazing place to work immediately following nursing school. The staff on my floor were patient and fun. I felt very cared about and appreciative. I was sad to leave, but I unfortunately needed to scale back in order to attend graduate school full time.
Worked 250 hours for Surgical Technology Externship
Surgical Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 4, 2015
Over all a great learning experience. I would have very much liked to have been able to take a position with this company but the daily drive round trip was 200 miles.
Productive safe work enviroment
Registered Nurse, General Medicine (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 2, 2015
I love my job here...........................................................
This hospital is surely tailored to assisting those without insurance with obtaining necessary healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Cross Health. Our community is ready to answer.