Holy Cross Hospital

Holy Cross Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Love to work in a hospital setting
Patient Hostess (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 22, 2015
Food preparation is excellent learning new ways of healthy habits learning tips of safety food service. getting high standards of Nutrition facts.
Enjoyable work environment that expressed their appreciation for my work ethics and abilities.
Medical Office Assistant/ (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: wound care seminars, awesome boss and co-workers, helping and healing my patients.
Cons: Variation in lunch breaks and the commute.
I work in the wound care department where we treat anything from venous leg ulcers to skin tears. I would call the patients to the exam room, record vitals, retrieve physical and history, current medications, have them sign the consent to treat forms, undress and clean wound(s), take pictures and measurements before the wound care physician comes in. Occasionally, ill assist the physician in minor procedure like suturing a reopened wound from a previous surgery. When the physician is done with debridement ill apply dressing per physician orders then clean the exam to prep for the next patient. I have on the job training and attended wound care seminars for knowledge in my scope of practice. I also have Administrative experience such as pre/ registration, verifying insurance, obtaining referrals and authorizations, scheduling patients appointments, applying charges and credits if needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my patients and having a wonderful team of co-workers.
Busy
Community Health Worker (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDApril 19, 2015
Pros: constance training
Cons: healthcare
A typical day is out into the community educating them about Health Living. I have learned the importance of taking the message of the health disparities into the community and how change can happen. I The hardest part of my job is not being able to reach everyone. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to outreach to different communities .
stay away! hr will mislead you!!
monitor tech (Former Employee), Ft LauderdaleApril 9, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no communication, horrible management. HR/management lies
First off, there is no such thing as CMU centralized tele. They tell you that to attract you to the job, then after hired, I found out CMU was planned 3 years ago but was never created and not intended to be created. NO....you are in the middle of a 42 bed crazy, unorganized INC unit that's on a daily basis desperately understaffed. The manager told me on average The nurses have 4 to 5 patients. No. Try 7 in reality. There is no charge nurse. Another budget cutting not so genius move this hospital made, taking the charge nurse making them what they call a C3, which is a glorified discharge planner/social worker. There's no one to tell the monitor tech who's coming, who's going, who's transferring....I was told we have to monitor the patient board, for activity and to know what's going on. I wouldn't allow my dog to be a patient on that unit. Stay away
Epic
RRT (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 5, 2015
I love that they definitely care very much about there patients. The staff are friendly and easy to get along with. I am pleased that the overall care for there patients is good.
HUC/ CNA (Former Employee), Progressive Care UnitMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Very nice place to work
Cons: Always short staffed
Very good pace to work. Ienjoyed my coworkers very much as well as coworkers from other units. Iwould recommend anyone to go to Holy Cross for employment as well as to be a patient.
Excellent in Patient care
Intern Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2015
Great hospital, the staff really care about the patients and they care about progressing the patients to get healthy again.
lab assistant
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: crazy shift hours, underpaid, understaffed
Great co workers but highly understaffed and underpaid. I enjoy the people I work with and helping patients. However we are always understaffed and they don't value the lab employees. Never want to give you overtime. Management only thinks of themselves...
Great learning opportunity
ADMINISTRATION INTERN (Former Employee), Taos, NMMarch 2, 2015
Learned different medical terms on what a DRG, FTE and different insurance terms. Observed what goes into revenue cycle and billing. The most enjoyable part was going to different departments to learn about what the main goal was to be accomplished in that department. The hardest part was absorbing all of the information in just a few short days. My co workers were great and I felt welcomed and happy to be there mostly every day.
Great co workers
Surgical tech (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day begins wondering will an outbreak will take place or if by some miracle the day will run smooth. I have learned not to count on anyone. Double and triple check your work and if you have time others work as well so it doesn't fall on you.The co workers are absolutely wonderful...probably because everyone walks on eggshells. The hardest part of the job is not knowing who will be fired when you get there. How your job requirements change , or schedule have changed overnight. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with co workers and patients. Helping people makes it all worth it.
Good work/life balance, poor compensation
Clinical (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: poor compensation, institution does not value quality employees
Holy Cross Hospital offers good work/life balance but there is no opportunity for growth and the compensation is poor. Management does not value quality employees and employees are not compensated fairly.
Underpaid
Housekeeping and janitorial (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: management is awesome
Cons: hires anybody
I feel a lot of people are under paid for what they do. I think if they had a more attentive management that came from the demographics of the surrounding community I think it would be a five star place.
A religious based hospital laboratory
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 12, 2015
a busy hospital filled with sick people that needed blood tests drawn and run quickly to inform the doctors what needed to be done to help them recover.

The work day was filled with routine assignments intermingled with intense emergency assignments among patients with varying degrees of illness and injury.
Great Learning Environment
Clinical Nurse I, High Risk Perinatal Unit (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good team work with co-workers, good learning environment
Cons: poor management, pay discrepancies, floating policy
I have been able to greatly expand my clinical knowledge since starting at Holy Cross as a new grad. However, the management is very poor and it's impossible to get any answers from HR. Most of my co-workers are great though and we all work together well in emergency situations.
Medical Records
Medical Records (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Holy cross Hospital was a great place to work, the hospital setting and the patients was one of the reason why i enjoy working there. a typical at work for me is mainly super busy, cause i was dealing with a lot of patients information
Very productive and fun with wellness Program
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no break time
A typical day at work was very busy and productive. My co-workers were great team players. The hardest part of the job was working with small children seen their pain and suffering, but it gave me great comfort to know that I was able to help them get better and seen the smile on their faces when they get better made the job more enjoyable.
great workplace
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great managment
Cons: great colegs
I had an amazing experience. I worked 5 days a week. From 5 am till 2 pm. I learned so much. I was working with in patient and out patient. Great management , great co-workers.
Fun workable
Medical Record clerk (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: 1hour lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day started @ 7am-3:30p pulling and set up the x-rays for the Dr's to interp, Medical terms were such a enlightenment and working with co-workers get A+. The hardest part of the job was to learn and speak medical terms with staff
They work "lean" very demanding little recognition
Director (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: very friendly it support
Cons: no breaks, no support from senior management, hr department is out of touch and self serving
Arrive 0630/0700
Visit all procedural sites, make sure patients are ready on time for their procedures,assure through put of patient flow, intervene as needed for emergencies, speak with physicians, fill out QI after reviewing patient charts. look over budgetary demands, fill out three national data base, attend to staffing matters, i.e. call outs scheduling, etc

leave 5- 6pm...if no emergencies or issues
Homed in my EMT and EKG skills
Cardiac Telemetry Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Silver Spring MarylandJanuary 10, 2015
My first civilian job in healthcare. I worked the power shift in the ER. I was mentored by some great people. I was a learning experience that I treasure till this very day. I would hesitate to work there again. Loved it!!!

1 2 3 4 5