Holy Cross Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

I love working here
Senior Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 12, 2016
Holy cross is great place to work for. everyone here works together to get the jib done daily. teamwork!!!! Management is great also they really care about the associates here. Many people have only work for this company and retire from here with more than 30 years pf service.
Very Fun Productive Work Place
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 23, 2016
I Do a little of everything , from delivering the patients trays , from taking their orders or making the food. I Love What I do its just not enough hours they give because im a Per Diem Hire. But other than that everything is Good.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No hours
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 15, 2016
Excellent team work between co-workers and opportunities to grow. I had been working for this company since I moved to Florida and I am glad that I made a decision to work there as a nurse.
Very productive workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 13, 2016
Very Productive workplace environment. Typical day consist of operating room procedures. Everyday was a different assignment. Great management team. Good communication with the workers.
nice place to work nice staff and paitents
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 10, 2016
very good place to work short breaks but fun work place, good pay, and good hours that's all I can say thanks jhuihuihubjnj njnbjkhkjhnjk jkbjnjbnjnbjnb bjbjknjknjnk
great opportunity for further career advancement
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 2, 2016
working at Holy Cross was like an adventure , no day was ever the same , it was great for me ,8 or 12 hour shift went by so fast .
I worked for a Director of Engineering ,Vietnam Vet, who was straight to the point and instrumental in helping me to further my education .
in my opinion he was the best boss i ever had in Engineering !!!
Pros
full fitness center and fitness programs to enhance your well being
Cons
none that i can see !!!
Exciting Hospital to work at.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 29, 2016
The employee's of Holy Cross are great to work with. The staff is very nice and helpful. They Keep up with employee health records, making sure all employee's has their flu shots and other health issues taken care of.
Pros
Holy Cross has a lot of benefits for their employees.
Cons
Raises are few and between.
friendly environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 25, 2016
I loved working with the people at my office. I looked forward to coming into work every day.

There was a lack of good management and consistency. The patient care is horrible.
poor management and overall work environment.
Pros
free 45 minute lunches
Cons
poor management
Good place to work overall. Many managers with different styles. Often feel like just a number.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 17, 2016
Overall, Holy Cross is a good place to work. There is a large influx of therapists constantly with lots of turnover. You tend to feel like just a number, like you're not very valuable. It is a large facility, however, so this may be typical of any large hospital. I love my coworkers, and I love the patients and getting to work with them.
I loved working here.
Medical/Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 8, 2016
This was my major job. When I first started working here and for many years it was the ideal place to work. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and do wish the department wold not have closed.
Pros
Overall environment.
Cons
Closed down the transcription department.
Great place!
Orthopedic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 3, 2016
great place to work! Managers are readily available to provided assistance when needed. Employees love it here and patients enjoy staying within the hospital.
awesome place to work
Financial Counselor/Emergency Room Registrar II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 28, 2016
worked with some of the most amazing people. The Cancer Center has some of the kindest and friendly people working there. Management need more work... need more one on one and morning meeting.
Pros
amazing facility
Cons
short lunch
I worked as a full time radiology transcriptionists with some clerical duties. I very much enjoyed my work
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 16, 2016
I transcripted and later edited radiology reports. I worked a five day week, Wednesdays through Friday.

After radiology transcriptionist was discontinued I transcripted medical record reports and assisted my supervisor with clerical duties.

After the transcription department was transferred to Nuance Transcription Services I have been working as a medical record transcriptionist.
Pros
Comfortable job environment
Cons
Elimenation of my department (transcription)
Not what it used to be
Imaging (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2016
If you like drama Holy Cross is the place for you! It's worse than high school, even the management loves to be involved in the drama.

The pay is insulting, the benefits are worthless, and you are penalized for calling in sick. Good luck getting a decent raise.

You would think your performance would be based off of your actual job not the drama that goes on.

Management does nothing to those who slack off, but gets rid of those who excel at their job. Go figure

Holy Cross used to be a great place to work until it merged with Trinity. Now NO ONE is safe. I've never seen so much turnover in a place.
Pros
some of the people are amazing
Cons
management, pay, benefits
Stressful and no support from managers
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2016
Answer phones, checked faxes (100-150 per day), assign and task, them, change the white board to reflect the day and take the phones off of service.
I learned that patience is always necessary, especially with the elderly.
No comment on management.
I got along well with my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job, was knowing that management was scheming to get rid of me, because she didn't like me.
The most enjoyable part was being able to listen to my Gospel music and it not be a distraction to others.
Pros
Going to my Legacy meetings
Cons
Having to deal with sneaky, back biting people
Excelling Hospital based experiance
Customer Service/Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 9, 2016
Medical and billing high dollar diverse, hospital and physician specialist financial services. Accomplishing HIPPA compliance, Healthcare Regulatory compliance, CPT and ICD-9 certification. A multi culture work ethic experience and growth productivity.
Pros
Learning seminars, certifications and growth oppurtunity fund.
Very Productive
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 8, 2015
I was only there a short time to really but from looking at their website, they are very caring and helpful when it comes down to their patients and family.
Okay place to work
Outreach Phlebotomy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 8, 2015
My top priority is patient satisfaction and the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that patients are satisfied with services rendered. A typical day at work consists in troubleshooting, training personnel, assisting other departments, reviewing & finding ways to improve processes, and customer service among many more. The hardest part of my job is to encourage co-workers to exceed on their performance even when leading as an example.
Pros
Flexible schedules.
Cons
Healthcare with slow progress in technologies and facility upgrades/improvements.
Internship
Pharmacy Technician Internship/Training (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 2, 2015
Such to say i was not working there for long it was just a n internship program that all of us who where there have enjoyed. We can see they promote the diversity.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Assisting people
Work for ten years at this hospital..
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 18, 2015
It was a nice experience working here, I start at Holy Cross 1992 to 2001. I start working in nutrition service and in 3 months I got transfer to sterile processing depart. Start from 0 but I got the experience that I needed..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Cross Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.