Holy Cross Hospital

Holy Cross Hospital Employer Reviews

Very socialable
Floor Technician/Janitorial (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2014
Pros: lunchtime
Cons: sometime not enough positions open for advancement
Beautiful place to work staff are friendly and the management is excellent. I learned that not every job can be bad if given a chance to work.
learned a great deal
LPN (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits and hours
Cons: so busy that sometimes you miss lunch and hardly ever get breaks
I enjoyed working the people at Holy Cross. My position was not one where there was room for advancement, though. Overall, the benefits and working conditions were great. I had some really great managers, too. The hardest part of the job was the volume we had in the triage unit of L&D, but the most enjoyable part was that I went to there everyday to – more... do what I loved and worked with very good people. The pay could have been more competitive, but working conditions are far more important when you want longevity, than the pay. I left because of personal reasons outside of work and really miss working there. – less
Busy work environment
Interventional Radiology Manager (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 9, 2014
Overall good place to work, very busy work environment
Very energetic staff
Nice place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 8, 2014
One of the largest hospitals in Maryland.I decided to move to CA,and that is why I want to change my employment.
Depends on the department you work in
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 7, 2014
There are some good managers/leaders within the organization. The opposite exists as well, just like any other business. It is what you make it.
wonderful place to work
Ultrasonographer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 29, 2014
Cons: expensive cafeteria
wonderful place to work
i love to co workers... they are like family & very helpful
hardest part of the job is leaving
most enjoyable part of job is co-workers and patients
high turnover rate for lab managers
lab (Former Employee), labJune 25, 2014
9 lab managers in 10 years, supervisor in control due to longevity
Acute care facility
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 23, 2014
This is an acute care facility which acquires a lot of patient in a daily basis.
First part-time job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: free food, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits
First job during high school, I learned the value of customer service,
A phenomenal learning environment
Histotechnician Student (Extern) (Current Employee), Silver Springs, MDJune 10, 2014
The time I have spent at Holy Cross has provided me the opportunity to be versatile in all facets of histology. Both management and coworkers encourage an atmosphere of partnership, and aid one another in the practice of principles and techniques that are pivotal to individual job success.
Sense of Family throughout the hospital
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Taos, NMMay 30, 2014
Holy Cross Hospital is a small acute care facility that understands the importance of teamwork. Not one person's opinion or idea goes without being acknowledged. It truly is a great environment to work in and allows for great patient care.
WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK
Patient Registrar (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 29, 2014
I love working at Holy Cross. Just wish my position was permanent,, and not PRN
an awesome place to Work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 29, 2014
Working in Holy Cross Hospital it is an awesome experience. All of the co-workers and staffing are very professional and kind.
getting the job done
Patient Care Assist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2014
I love what I do in the health care industry. I'm a PCT and I love coming to work taking pride in helping those who need help. my main focus at work is responding to my patients needs, customer service, vitals, ekg's and phlebotomy
Public Safety
Public Safety Officer / Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 20, 2014
Normal Security Responsibilities handled on a daily basis.
N/A
Registered Nurse II PDP (Current Employee), FT LAUDERDALE, FLMay 15, 2014
PDP RN ALWAYS GETS FLOATED TO DIFFERENT UNITS, SOMETIMES EVEN TWICE IN ONE SHIFT.
The new business model
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 8, 2014
Being on an off hour shift, primarily shouldering the responsibility of the operations, maintenance, service calls and repairs to a 500 bed hospital can be exhausting and if you do not have a love for service, almost a long slow grind.

New management technique? Having seen and absorbed what my experience and background have allowed, its remarkable – more... how well most of my prior managers were able to work within the limits of their resources until the effects of modernization caught up to the demands of the tasks. Modernization does not make good managers, its the people.

Co-workers at a hospital with a history as rich and colorful as Holy Cross are truly a treasure to observe interacting when they are operating efficiently. People actually seem to be happier when they are able to accomplish the everyday tasks with a great deal of pressure if and when they operate with purpose.

It is difficult to watch a transition, when people are divided and the staffing manager has determined that drastic cuts are necessary to save money, when the people are already being overworked by inherent inefficiencies.

Service. When you look into a persons who might have just had a critical operation eyes, doing the best you can to make them comfortable, and see how much peace it brings to their hearts. Nothing is better. – less
Diverse experience gained from experiencing complexity of Health Care IT.
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 6, 2014
Diverse experience gained from experiencing complexity of Health Care IT.
HOLY CROSS HOSPIATL EVS
EVS (Former Employee), SLIVER SPRING,MDMay 6, 2014
Performs detailed cleaning of designated patient areas (rooms, individual lavatories) exam rooms, nursing stations, public areas (restrooms) and ancillary areas on a specific floor or may perform cleaning in specialized areas, using a seven step cleaning process. The worker utilizes wheeled and hand held cleaning equipment; elevator access within an – more... eight story hospital and linoleum flooring. – less
pre-screening ambulatory surgery
LPN (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: benefits and tuition reimbursement
Cons: management
Holy cross overall is a great organization to work for but the department that I was in was completely horrible the Supervisor and DON likes to micro manage making the environment very uncomfortable and I was personally being bullied by the Supervisor and for the pay I was offered it was not worth it. I resigned asfter getting my one year experience.

1 2 3 4 5