Holy Cross Medical Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLAugust 20, 2017
Management was growing at the time, and I was fortunate enough to have one of the best Mentors at Holy Cross. I felt at the time, there were groups within groups, however she knew how to cut through the politics.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Politics
N/a
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 17, 2017
N/A

Great company to work
Benefits was okay but definitely can use some improvement
Patient care is the 1# priority
the Community Outreach Team works in partnership with local organizations, community groups and other healthcare professionals
Working to improve the health of our communities.
Productive and positive work environment
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 12, 2017
Working here is a very good environment, the people here are positive. The job is an very easy job to do. Sometimes the management part of isn't so great but it's not bad either.
benefits
Cons
expensive healthcare plans
Great Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 15, 2017
My manger connie is great never a problem and always is looking out for her employees . Benefits are great and pay could be better because of living in south FL the cost of living is high and they don't pay enough,
Good people
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 13, 2017
Great place to work ....especially if you work as a team player. Dr's are cool too. Your peers also has a great impact...without the unity no work environment will work
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Hourls cut
Learned alot about insurances and out patient testing.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 12, 2016
I checked out patients, answered phones, checked eligibility next day patients and all new patients. Confirmed all appointments, scheduled all out patient testing. it was a high pressure job, very busy verifying insurance on a daily basis for same day patients and future patients. Had to get approval on all insurances for in patient testing.I learned how to do eligibility and verify insurance and how to get authorization for testing for in office and out of office . The most enjoyable part of the job was when you were helping patients and they and their families were appreciative of your help in scheudling there specialist appointments, getting referrals when needed and out patient testing. The patients called us to get same day appointments and were happy when we were able to accommodate them. it was a very rewarding job when you were able to help patients.i worked for the same doctors for 13 years in a private practice until Holy Cross took over 5 years ago and it was much better working for a private practice. We also had to do continuing education for holy cross on line yearly.
Pros
dealing with the patie
Cons
working for holy cross
great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 17, 2015
Love the employment oppertunity unfortunately holy cross does not recognize experience when it comes to salary. The pay is very below standard and this is why the turnover of employee's are high.
Perfect oppertunity for people fresh out of school. But for a senior in the medical field not so good.
There is room to Grow
Office Manager for Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 24, 2015
I had an opportunity to grow with Holy Cross Medical Group.

There is room for promotions.

Customer Service is number one with Holy Cross Medical Group.
Excellent place to work
Group Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 7, 2015
• Responsible for supervision and management of all administrative, clerical and operational functions. Perform the day to day operation, which includes a variety of tasks such as daily deposit and payroll.
• Duties include, but are not limited to: implementation of all administrative, clerical and operational functions of the office, supervision of all office staff, recruiting, training and counseling personnel, ensuring quality patient care, overseeing financial processes including insurance verification, accurate daily balance sheets and making daily bank deposits. Provides guidance, counseling and mentoring to office staff, while supporting continual improvement of all aspects of medical office and personnel performance
It is a very good place to work.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 22, 2015
It is a very good place to work. Good salary, good attention for workers, good compensations, good company, very commendable.
Busy and Productive work place
Medical Assistant / Front Desk Check (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 18, 2015
Busy office 3 family medicine doctors seeing 20 patients per day.... ive learned more about verifying several insurance... co workers and management very nice and helpful team players....
Terrible setting of over worked employees unwilling to give good training in exchange for a new team member. Which would only make their job easier in
Patient Care CoOrdinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 24, 2015
I would not re commend this company to anyone! The women are overworked unfriendly and act bothered when you require assistance to learn your position created to help them.
Pros
Cons
Training is lacking any credibility
bonus
PATIENT ACCOUNT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  ft lauderdaleNovember 1, 2013
very good company to work for. reviewing medicare claims and remits. medicare collections, appeals
Pros
bonus
Cons
coworks
Patient centered practice
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2013
Typical day on the job involves working with patients and family's on several levels by providing clinical services, education and planning.
Fun workplace overall
Benefits Coordinator/Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FT ALUD,FLJune 25, 2012
Enjoyed my time there with the patients,coworkers and some of the managers....But they donot klnow how to appreciate the staff
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
breaks sometimes
met many people everyday!
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 22, 2012
This job was also another giving back job, not much money but the helping of the patients was very rewarding. You knew every one of them by name and their ailments. I was the benefits coordinator and made all the appointments for four very different doctors ( they each had a specific way to do their schedules!) I also called patients with results and called in scripts to the pharmacy. I learned patience and being super detailed in my work, "smiling" over the phone" although I sometimes did not feel that smile, I was the first contact to that office and I wanted patients to be happy about our office. Coworkers great - really to busy all day to sit down and chat- ate at the desk alot. The hardest part was making sure those schedules were perfect and changing them at the last minute. Sometimes doctors had to go to hospital and I had to cancel 30 or more appts. The best part was the patients mostly older people and they are so want to talk to you and you learn so much in the few minutes with them. Appreciate my health!
Pros
my doctor worked there!
Cons
stressfull when the phones all rang at once!
Awful, Bitter MicroManagement
Biller (Former) (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleMarch 8, 2012
terrible place to work, very Big Brotherish, mgt needs to know where you are at every minute, clock in and out for every break etc, no trust among employees, just terrible!!!!
Cons
everything !!!