Holy Family Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital changed not for profit status-Foundation department desolved
Chief Development Officer & Advancement (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJuly 29, 2017
The hospital was sold to a private company and changed it's not for profit status. The department was dissolved and the foundation department of which I managed didn't exist any longer
Loved this job. Good people to work with.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIJuly 26, 2017
Walked in, sat down, and started typing from dictation. Learned lots of medical terms, where various specialty clinics were, specialty doctors, etc. My manager was great. I really liked the people I worked with. Hardest part was leaving after husband got a job out of state. No one part was better than any other. Liked the whole job.
Pros
Great food. Decent breaks. Steady work.
Cons
Some of the doctor's dictation was nearly undecipherable.
Community Hospital
Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MA 01844June 27, 2017
Community hospital with deep roots in the Merrimack Valley serving families for many years. Part of a rapidly growing Health care system with dedicated local leadership.
Pros
family culture
Cons
dynamic environment
Good job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 26, 2017
It was a great learning experience. I initially worked medical/surgical, learning about geriatrics, diabetics, pediatrics. The last 10 years I worked in mother/baby with some special care nursery experience.
Pros
Worked with different nationalities
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and amazing doctors and nurses.
Emergency Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 13, 2017
The Holy Family Hospital Emergency Department is one of the best in the Eastern part of the state of Washington. The emergency department staff are very helpful and know what they are doing. There is always someone available to answer any patient questions and any patient needs. I would recommend this hospital to anyone in need of care. I learned a lot about patient care and what goes into the care of patients and how hectic the ER can get on any given day. You have to be ready and prepared for anything that might come through the door.
Pros
Employee discount at the coffee shop for volunteers, and flexible hours for school schedule.
Great Environment with Good co-workers
RN Emergency Medicine (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 2, 2017
enjoy the fast pace environment, great work place, and good teamwork. Could have a much more comprehensive benefits package, poor PTO, however decent medical
Work place culture
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 23, 2017
This was my very first job as a Pharmacist. The work place was like a little family since it was a small hospital. It was a great experience and I learned a lot.
NIce place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAApril 20, 2017
I liked that it was busy and met alot of patients families. I was very hectic at times but made the day go by faster. Sometimes the nursesd made the job harder it was very busy and we all got in each others way at times.
Pros
meeting familys
Cons
miscommunication
Great place to work, busy
Emergency Room Technician I/Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 21, 2017
This is a great place to work. Super busy tho. Coworkers are great. Management listens. Wages pretty good. Great opportunities for advancement. Lots of training opportunities as well. Even if you're not an RN.
Pros
People
Cons
SUPER busy
Great Benefits
Stress Lab/EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAFebruary 16, 2017
I worked here for 16 years. It was convenient for me and pay was decent. I especially liked the health benefits.They have a union. Plenty of parking, credit union in house. ATM on site.
Pros
cost of benefits, location
Cons
High turnover rate of managers recently
Very productive work environment
Radiation therapist (Per-diem) (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJanuary 24, 2017
Even though I worked only for a couple of months at Holy Family Hospital, I had a pleasant experience with my co-workers and the management. Great place to work. As a per-diem employee, I didn't get any benefits from the company, but the full time employees always talked about their good benefits.
Pros
Well organised work environment
Cons
Had no designated CT simulator in the department
very fast paced and high acuity patients where you get to work on many skills
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 16, 2017
I work with great coworkers. You get to work with high acuity patients and work and develop many skills every shift. There is such a variety in the acuity of patients which helps you with assessments and time management development.
Pros
so much variety in patients stability
Cons
short or no breaks, night shift might have only 1 or no NAC
Good atmospherre and great team to work with
Medical Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MADecember 31, 2016
I learned everything I know about HIM and medical records while at Holy Family. I discovered my skill for forming cordial, professional relationships with all staff members. I was moved up the ladder of the HIM department to medical staff secretary, where my already formed relationships grew stronger with the physician staff. A great experience.
Pros
Great meals at staff meetings and CEU meetings
Management needs an overhaul
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MANovember 21, 2016
It is impossible to be successful in this organization within the finance department. Understaffed, Workloads require 12-14 hour days on a regular basis, deadlines are unrealistic and management is not supportive. Budgets are manipulated without informing managers and revenue/volume targets are not realistic. The month end close is a nightmare trying to explain variances.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Low Pay, Long Hours, No recognition
Love to work as a Ed Tech, taking care and confort a patients
ED Tech (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MANovember 3, 2016
Clean and stock the rooms,Get patients from the waiting room to the exam room,assist physicians and nurses with procedures, such as sutures, and tests and exams. Answer the lights, perform vital signs, CPR, EKGs, splints, dressings,collect specimens and send to the lab.Conect Patients to the monitors, transfer information to the medical records.
Pros
Love to help the patients
Cons
management
Not what I expected, or wanted.
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAOctober 13, 2016
The CBM unit at Holy Family Hospital is run quite poorly. Working for them is such a struggle. The scheduling is a nightmare and a lot of the other mental health counselors don't do their jobs so you end up running around in circles all night. Don't let the job title fool you, you are not doing any counseling, you are a babysitter for patients. All you do is get them snacks and make sure you know where they are. That is pretty much it. If you're looking for more counseling, don't take this job.
It depends on your manager...
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MASeptember 14, 2016
I had a total of 3 managers while employed at holy family. Only 1 was caring, involved, and an overall amazing person. It's a lot like highschool and very clicky but if you fit in the employees are amazing.
Pros
Employees, ot almost always available.
Cons
Very very low pay for the industry and responsibilities, not all managers are appropriate, low budget with out-of-date equipment.
A great experience for me.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  5633 N Lidgerwood StJuly 11, 2016
I loved working (Volunteering) at Holy Family Hospital's Maternity Center for 6 months, the place and the people were nice and my job was fun and different, preparing those mother and newborn baby gift bags warmed my heart because I knew that they're going to be used by them. This job required organization, good memorization and productivity skills, and was a perfect experience especially when I'm trying to find an entry level position.
Busy ER
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJuly 10, 2016
Heavy Patient load. Responsible for Staff Nurses. Night shift does not have enough staff to take care of the patient load safely.
My co-workers are knowledgeable willing and have great integrity. Manager is approachable.
Cons
lunch breaks difficult to have
good place to work.
Support Technician for Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJuly 5, 2016
fast pace in the morning due to getting all the inventory in before noon so it can arrive the next morning. but easy to understand once you get used to it. great people that are always willing to help either if you don't understand or are behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Family Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Holy Family Hospital Reviews by Location