Holy Name Medical Center Employee Reviews

Spiritual Counselor/Chaplain
Counselor/ Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Saddle River, NJOctober 30, 2017
The spiritual /professional culture has change significantly in the last 10 years. There was little opportunity to grow in this setting as a “spiritual counselor” and or social worker. Upper management and supervison was either unqualified or non supportive.
However, families and clients were appreciative and benefited from the excellent end of life support they received on the micro level. The interdisciplinary team experience was quite effective and beneficial for communication and collaboration of services and goals of families and clients.
Pros
Setting was pleasant. Immediate work group/ family was warm and accepting
Cons
No real opportunity to grow and advance professionally
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 19, 2017
Enjoyed working for this Company. Learned a lot, a very friendly work environment. Learned about the different cultures and diversities, religions and customs.
excellent place to work
respiratory therapist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 10, 2017
excellent place to work friendly atmosphere very clean hospital.bosses are very helpful great benefits nurse are great to wrok with very compassionate
Pros
friendly
Junior Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 10, 2017
Being a Junior Volunteer at HNMC was great. The staff is extremely nice, the management is also fantastic. I can not give any input on the actual careers that occur here such as nursing. But, the people here are very thankful and understanding.
Pros
Good Jobs
Cons
Parking
Great Company to work for.
Receptionist/Scheduler, Maternal Fetal Medicine (Current Employee) –  718 Teaneck RoadOctober 4, 2017
Fast paced office, seeing up to 26 patients per day. I learned to register patients, verify Insurance coverage, Ins. authorizations, schedule appointments and EMR. Great team to work with, along with a dedicated manager.
Very demanding position and very stressful environment.
Certified Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 29, 2017
A typical day at work long hours,the hardest part of the job was keeping up with productivity and accuracy rate.The environment was very stressful and not enjoyable.
Busy Nice office
Medical Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 26, 2017
Busy phone systems , learned how to get preauthorization ,book surgury and book appointments. full insurance forms.
Hardest part of the job answering phones , while checking patients in and out by myself. I enjoy ( Love the patient in this office ) Gyn has always be my favorite.,
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Always in diffirent office
Excellent teaching hospital
Student (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 26, 2017
The technologists at Holy Name aim to make sure students leave the department as techs and not as students. They try to provide as much information as possible to allow students to understand procedures very well. They will allow you to get as much hands on experience as possible.
Pros
Good cafeteria, excellent techs
Great
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 24, 2017
Great company with great benefits loved every aspect while working for holy name medical center in Teaneck New Jersey. Highly recommend working for this company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lower pay- but still competitive
Decent job
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Clean and comfortable working conditions. Managers were very fair and were always there when needed. Enjoyed working with all departments and helping everyone.
productive enviornment
Adult Volunteer- Surgical Nursing Unit (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 9, 2017
At HNMC, I constantly engage with the nurses and doctors to ensure the patients are doing well. I love interacting with all of the patients and their families. Sometimes it gets very hectic but we work together to make sure everything runs smoothly.
like it
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 6, 2017
nice working place like it to work people are co operative and friendaly manager and supervisoor are good

everybody is good working with they are nice people to work
good
Cons
nice
Advanced Controlled-Drug Substance Technician/CPhT (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 3, 2017
Work at HNMC was absolutely rewarding. The work culture and hospital environment was very conducive to the promotion of exceptional health care. I loved working here.
Productive place to work.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 16, 2017
Learned a lot working at holy name hospital. Worked in the corporate side so can't say much about the actual hospital part but overall seems like everyone is very friendly and helpful all around.
Great environment to work but very stressful
Transport aide (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 10, 2017
The environment for holy name is a great place to work at. The employees are all friendly and polite. Aside from the work environment, most of the time we are short staffed which means we have to work harder and have more responsibilities which causes for a more stressful day at work.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
short staffed, stressful
Very friendly and family oriented facility
Supervisor to Pathology Office (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 9, 2017
Everyone is willing to help one another. Very respectful, professional, and employees can depend on the care of their employers. My manager is professional, funny, and works for his staff. What I like most of my job is that my opinions always matter.
Pros
excellent cafeteria food
Cons
drive is long going home
absolutely love this job
REGISTERED NURSE per diem (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 6, 2017
love love love holy name. i float around the entire hospital so i get to see each unit and each unit is a pleasure to work on! 8 hour shifts. most days are not impossibly stressful.
Best place to work in state of N.J
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 16, 2017
Holy Name is relaxed place to work, employees are very friendly.
Management take their time to teach and help needed information.
Management treat all employees equally.
Educational
Nursing Assistant:(nj:26NH02867300) Re:11-30-17) (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 13, 2017
I really miss working at Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck NJ .
But, as much as I enjoyed it< my life was lacking the benefits I needed and sometimes after a few years it was time for me to move to Ocean County NJ and take care of me and take a break away from the fatigue that can occur from health care. It is really important to take care of oneself in order to take care of clients.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Holidays
productive and simple
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 2, 2017
HNMC is a 350 bed capacity hospital in a nice area of teaneck, NJ.
the typical day is pleasant as soon as you park your car. There is a good size outdoor and indoor garage. The building is well maintained.
The employees are friendly and helpful. The work area is very professional and caring. My co-workers are very attentive and understanding. I feel very competent in the work we do in the lab. I think the hardest part of the job is inventory, the department is limited in space, so we have to be creative in storage. The most enjoyable part is getting to know the people you work with. The management is typical the same as any hospital in NJ.
Pros
parking and food
Cons
traffic after work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Name Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2