Holy Name Medical Center

Holy Name Medical Center Employer Reviews

A pleasure to work at
Physical Therapist Volunteer (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJMarch 23, 2015
Pros: $7 meal tickets for volunteers and pretty descent cafeteria food.
Cons: slow down times
As a volunteer at Holy Name's Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy center, the patients and the therapists are great to work with. The co-workers, the aides and other volunteers coordinate with each other to assist all the therapists as quickly and efficiently as possible. Everyone is always in a great mood and pleasant to talk to and work with.
Great working environment.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great people. discount lunch. tuition reimbursement
Cons: not enough on site parking for all employees.
The medical center provides a close knit family type work environment. All employees are on a first name basis, except the doctor's themselves many who are first name. The environment provides opportunity for learning and growth.
Excellent hospital & a wonderful employer!
Support Services (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJMarch 14, 2015
Holy Name is an excellent place to come for healthcare. The hospital is known to be an "Employer of Choice" as well. The hospital has a number of truly skilled and dedicated professionals helping to make it one of Northern NJ's leading medical centers.
productive challenging environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJFebruary 10, 2015
great place to work and grow. e r experience was unique and I sharpened my skills here and gained confidence and responsibility
house keeping
house keeping (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJFebruary 1, 2015
- Clean, disinfect & prepare patient rooms and assigned areas.
- Discard trash, medical waste and recycling.
- Check, fill, order, load supplies onto cart and transport work cart to assigned areas.
- Operate equipment to wax, buff, and polish floors as necessary.
Student Outlook
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJNovember 7, 2014
I got to scrub on many different cases and learn a lot from all the staff. Most of them are very nice and wiling to teach all students. This was a wonderful learning experience from start to finish.
Bed Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: poor management
my day is a very busy day...I am always covering for other areas of my department. Management could be a little stronger and on your side a bit more. Co workers will be co workers.
productive and chalenging work environment.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Teaneck, NYJuly 13, 2014
Excellent work place with opportunity for learning. Highly competitive atmosphere and desire to advance educationally. Peers support.
5 chadwick is fun to work with
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJMay 25, 2014
I'm enjoy to come to work every day. I learn a lot because i work in surgery floor and also my nurse manager she is very nice and understanding. and i can easy get along with my co worker the hardest part if the floor is very busy and you try to help everybody the most enjoyable part of my job to work together with my co worker and my job done and talking to my patient if everything is fine and what they need before getting out of my shift.
Great place to work.
Emergency Department Nurse (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJMay 14, 2014
This is a compassionate place to work. Great team work and willingness to make a difference.
Terrible Managment, people are placed in Management roles that have no social skills, or training. POLITICAL!!
Communications Specialist - Salaried (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJApril 14, 2014
Pros: the good thing is that all your co workers are all miserable too, so you have someone to talk to.
Cons: no work life balance for sure, raises do not exist, period.
The best thing I enjoyed about my job was the interaction with the Vendor I worked closely with. They were the BEST!
As far as my co-workers, really met some nice people that "KEPT IT REAL"

Employees OVERWORKED and in a constant state of CHAOS.
complete confusion and disorder : a state in which behavior and events are not controlled by anything
If you are a new employee do not expect much, their OnBoarding welcome is the worst. Could use some polishing from HR.
All about politics
Intake (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJApril 4, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers and staff
Cons: broken promises, dead end job, use and abuse
This job has its ups and its downs. My job recognized my work performance and gave me a new title but didn't want to give me a raise for a whole year until they did away with the position. I did the job that was asked of me with the promise that a pay raise was going to kick in eventually. A year later I was promised another position with a new title and a raise. Within days of the start of the new position, it was taken away and given to the new supervisor's old colleague.
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJMarch 25, 2014
Pros: the employees
Cons: management
It was a fun place to work , the employee are not bad to work with, you can learn a lot working at holy name
If you have no life/family outside of work... then this is the place for you.
Intake (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJMarch 21, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: no work/home balance, unstaffed
No breaks.... and most days you won't be able to take a lunch because you have so much work to do. One person is doing the job it normally would take 3 people to do... just so they can save money.

My dept. work hours were suppose 8:30 -5:30, however we never left before 6:30/7 (M-F). After working there for a few months management decided to change the schedule to add Saturdays. They advised us on a Thursday with the change starting that weekend. ( they didn't care if you had plans or not). At the end of the day they didn't care for complaints since they felt they paid you enough. There was no work/home balance... it was always work, work ,work.. even after your scheduled hours... my co-workers said it has a high turn over rate and in the last 2 years -management has been "restructured " three times.

HR is helpful the first week of work then not so much... payroll department makes a lot of mistakes. ( triple check your pay check). If either department requests paperwork ---always keep a record, you will need it.

It has a day/child care center, but the prices are very high... its one set price for everyone.

The company has a program where it allows you to bring your in your sick child and they will watch him/her for no fee... ( so you don't have to call out... LOL.... )
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJMarch 14, 2014
Pros: very employee friendly place
Cons: night shift
responsible for management of entire hospital during the night shift.
Amazing organization to work for with lots of opporunities.
Registered Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Teaneck, NJFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day at work is described as organized chaos in the ED. It is a constant juggle amongst patients, their family members, co-workers, and management but it is very rewarding at the end of the day. The people who work within this organization are friendly, approachable, and intelligent.
Fun, and clean workplace environment!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: employee cafeteria
I loved working at Holy Name! Clean, and well maintained workplace. Management had clear duties, tasks and support. Flexible work schedules. I can still go back to my old department and be welcomed to come back to work anytime!
very caring people
Certified Sterile Technician (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJDecember 4, 2013
Pros: close to home
worked there for many years and it always had that second home kind of feeling. A lot of hard work, but rewarding at the end of the day.
Inconsistant hours and good people
Electroencephalography Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJSeptember 14, 2013
Through out my work at Holy Name Medical Center I always have enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a relatively small hospital so most people knew each other. The cafeteria like most hospitals was close to inedible so I ordered out most of the time. Apart from that, the job itself was pretty unique and I enjoyed learning more about it. My boss was pretty nice and was someone I liked working for. As for my most enjoyable part of work, that of course was always pay day.
productive and fun workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Teaneck, NJSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: free lunches, health benefits, close to home
Cons: lack of advancement
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers, and I enjoyed what I did. I was able to utilize my skills as a Medical Biller.