Holy Name Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, Up to par with technology, small hospital but one of the best to work with.
Cashier/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJ 07666June 6, 2016
Great Supervisors. Flexible work hours. free meals. great bonuses on holidays. compensates workers for coming to work on stormy days.
Poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Holy name medical centerJune 3, 2016
Pay is low and does not compete with other hospitals. Management walks through department to make an appearance with no Acknowledgement to most of the staff. 3 people in department were hired under false pretense. Was told we would be doing one position and ended up doing a totally different position.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Pay, no support expected to do the work of two people
Productive and Fun workplace
Bed Census Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 3, 2016
Holy Name Medical Center is a great place to gain experience and all sorts of skills . Each work day comes with different challenges and great achievements. The hospitals makes sure all of their employees are appreciated by having many appreciation events throughout the year. Employees at the medical center are mostly all friendly and caring. The best part of the job is being able to take care of each patients needs and having them leave the facility with a smile.
Medical Records Associate, Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 21, 2015
Great start up to work, lots of room for advance if in the right department. Friendly coworkers and overall nice work environment.
very friendly and professional place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 15, 2015
this is one of the most conveniant places to work its only 7 minutes from home employee at holy name make you feel like family
Pros
appreciate employee
Cons
short breaks
Holy name is a fun place to work
P C T (Current Employee) –  Teaneck New jerseyAugust 30, 2015
As a P C T . i have learned a lot in the medical field. my typical day at work it to assist R N with patient do vitals bathing and all the patient personal needs report abnormal vital to the RN.
Pros
love working in the medical field
Fun place
Administrative Assistant/PT Aide (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 25, 2015
Fun place with a family like atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and supportive of each other. Benefits and good vacation.
A pleasure to work at
Physical Therapist Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 23, 2015
As a volunteer at Holy Name's Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy center, the patients and the therapists are great to work with. The co-workers, the aides and other volunteers coordinate with each other to assist all the therapists as quickly and efficiently as possible. Everyone is always in a great mood and pleasant to talk to and work with.
Pros
$7 meal tickets for volunteers and pretty descent cafeteria food.
Cons
slow down times
Great working environment.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 16, 2015
The medical center provides a close knit family type work environment. All employees are on a first name basis, except the doctor's themselves many who are first name. The environment provides opportunity for learning and growth.
Pros
great people. discount lunch. tuition reimbursement
Cons
not enough on site parking for all employees.
Excellent hospital & a wonderful employer!
Support Services (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 14, 2015
Holy Name is an excellent place to come for healthcare. The hospital is known to be an "Employer of Choice" as well. The hospital has a number of truly skilled and dedicated professionals helping to make it one of Northern NJ's leading medical centers.

Want to know more about Holy Name Medical Center?

Ask a question
productive challenging environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 10, 2015
great place to work and grow. e r experience was unique and I sharpened my skills here and gained confidence and responsibility
Student Outlook
Surgical Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJNovember 7, 2014
I got to scrub on many different cases and learn a lot from all the staff. Most of them are very nice and wiling to teach all students. This was a wonderful learning experience from start to finish.
Bed Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 30, 2014
my day is a very busy day...I am always covering for other areas of my department. Management could be a little stronger and on your side a bit more. Co workers will be co workers.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
poor management
productive and chalenging work environment.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NYJuly 13, 2014
Excellent work place with opportunity for learning. Highly competitive atmosphere and desire to advance educationally. Peers support.
5 chadwick is fun to work with
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 25, 2014
I'm enjoy to come to work every day. I learn a lot because i work in surgery floor and also my nurse manager she is very nice and understanding. and i can easy get along with my co worker the hardest part if the floor is very busy and you try to help everybody the most enjoyable part of my job to work together with my co worker and my job done and talking to my patient if everything is fine and what they need before getting out of my shift.
Terrible Managment, people are placed in Management roles that have no social skills, or training. POLITICAL!!
Communications Specialist - Salaried (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 14, 2014
The best thing I enjoyed about my job was the interaction with the Vendor I worked closely with. They were the BEST!
As far as my co-workers, really met some nice people that "KEPT IT REAL"

Employees OVERWORKED and in a constant state of CHAOS.
complete confusion and disorder : a state in which behavior and events are not controlled by anything
If you are a new employee do not expect much, their OnBoarding welcome is the worst. Could use some polishing from HR.
Pros
the good thing is that all your co workers are all miserable too, so you have someone to talk to.
Cons
no work life balance for sure, raises do not exist, period.
All about politics
Intake (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 4, 2014
This job has its ups and its downs. My job recognized my work performance and gave me a new title but didn't want to give me a raise for a whole year until they did away with the position. I did the job that was asked of me with the promise that a pay raise was going to kick in eventually. A year later I was promised another position with a new title and a raise. Within days of the start of the new position, it was taken away and given to the new supervisor's old colleague.
Pros
fun coworkers and staff
Cons
broken promises, dead end job, use and abuse
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 25, 2014
It was a fun place to work , the employee are not bad to work with, you can learn a lot working at holy name
Pros
the employees
Cons
management
If you have no life/family outside of work... then this is the place for you.
Intake (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 21, 2014
No breaks.... and most days you won't be able to take a lunch because you have so much work to do. One person is doing the job it normally would take 3 people to do... just so they can save money.

My dept. work hours were suppose 8:30 -5:30, however we never left before 6:30/7 (M-F). After working there for a few months management decided to change the schedule to add Saturdays. They advised us on a Thursday with the change starting that weekend. ( they didn't care if you had plans or not). At the end of the day they didn't care for complaints since they felt they paid you enough. There was no work/home balance... it was always work, work ,work.. even after your scheduled hours... my co-workers said it has a high turn over rate and in the last 2 years -management has been "restructured " three times.

HR is helpful the first week of work then not so much... payroll department makes a lot of mistakes. ( triple check your pay check). If either department requests paperwork ---always keep a record, you will need it.

It has a day/child care center, but the prices are very high... its one set price for everyone.

The company has a program where it allows you to bring your in your sick child and they will watch him/her for no fee... ( so you don't have to call out... LOL.... )
Pros
salary
Cons
no work/home balance, unstaffed
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 14, 2014
responsible for management of entire hospital during the night shift.
Pros
very employee friendly place
Cons
night shift

Holy Name Medical Center Reviews by Location