Holy Name Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not for long term..
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  TEANECK, NJJuly 26, 2016
I'm not sure how this hospital got "best places to work" unless your a RN, DOC. i was a part time PCT at HNMC for 10 months. management does not care about their workers. they will only hire you as part time or per diem but never advance you to a full time position just to save themselves money. one of the lowest paying hospitals in the area. pct"s start with $13.21 hr.
Pros
i enjoyed working for my dept and my co workers.
Cons
LOW WAGES, NO SUPPORT FROM MANAGEMENT, NO ADVANCEMENT.
Caution
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 4, 2016
It will not be acknowledged if all the work load is left to you or if you are being mistreated or if irresponsible employees are surfing the Internet, on their phones, eating snacks, walking away or in a room chitchatting with one another. If you complain to hr they will find a way to write YOU up and send YOU away quickly and quietly. If you can handle the unfair treatment then it's not so bad. The health benefits are pretty good.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Mistreatment in some departments with coworkers
Smaller hospital with personalized care
Post Acute Medical Records Associate (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 15, 2017
Holy Name is a quant hospital centered around their Catholic mission. The patient's needs always come first,however, employees are often short staffed and underpaid for their tasks.
Pros
Excellent Health Care and Benefits
Cons
Short staffed and salary compensation
Great Place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJDecember 1, 2016
Very clean and nice hospital. Staff is amazing and extremely helpful to patients. My job is pleasant and I love to service patients.
Pros
nice holiday parties
Cons
great benefits
Nice workplace
Central Cashier (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at work includes helping patients and their families with processing their payments. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help and communicate with a variety of people from all walks of life.
Very political place.
Re (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 16, 2017
You really have to know somebody in order to advance. As the saying goes, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
The most enjoyable part of the job every body is misserable.
Pros
Lots of overtume
Cons
Very political and no break
Poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Holy name medical centerJune 3, 2016
Pay is low and does not compete with other hospitals. Management walks through department to make an appearance with no Acknowledgement to most of the staff. 3 people in department were hired under false pretense. Was told we would be doing one position and ended up doing a totally different position.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Pay, no support expected to do the work of two people
It was a great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 29, 2017
No complaints. Training is excellent. Managers always find the right person to train you and will not let you on the field alone until you yourself are confident
Terrible Managment, people are placed in Management roles that have no social skills, or training. POLITICAL!!
Communications Specialist - Salaried (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 14, 2014
The best thing I enjoyed about my job was the interaction with the Vendor I worked closely with. They were the BEST!
As far as my co-workers, really met some nice people that "KEPT IT REAL"

Employees OVERWORKED and in a constant state of CHAOS.
complete confusion and disorder : a state in which behavior and events are not controlled by anything
If you are a new employee do not expect much, their OnBoarding welcome is the worst. Could use some polishing from HR.
Pros
The good thing is that all your Co Workers are all miserable too, so you have someone to talk to.
Cons
No work Life Balance for sure, Raises do not exist, period.
Productive and Fun workplace
Bed Census Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 3, 2016
Holy Name Medical Center is a great place to gain experience and all sorts of skills . Each work day comes with different challenges and great achievements. The hospitals makes sure all of their employees are appreciated by having many appreciation events throughout the year. Employees at the medical center are mostly all friendly and caring. The best part of the job is being able to take care of each patients needs and having them leave the facility with a smile.
Great Work Place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 22, 2016
it was awesome to work at holy name medical center it was my first job ever so learning new traits and and job skills helped me become the person i am today and
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing
Productive, Up to par with technology, small hospital but one of the best to work with.
Cashier/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJ 07666June 6, 2016
Great Supervisors. Flexible work hours. free meals. great bonuses on holidays. compensates workers for coming to work on stormy days.
All about politics
Intake (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 4, 2014
This job has its ups and its downs. My job recognized my work performance and gave me a new title but didn't want to give me a raise for a whole year until they did away with the position. I did the job that was asked of me with the promise that a pay raise was going to kick in eventually. A year later I was promised another position with a new title and a raise. Within days of the start of the new position, it was taken away and given to the new supervisor's old colleague.
Pros
Fun coworkers and staff
Cons
Broken promises, Dead end job, Use and Abuse
medical assistant
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  teaneck, njJune 10, 2013
good family atmosphere
management is very understanding
flexible hours
patient friendly
Pros
yearly raise, flexible hours
Cons
low pay compared to other hospitals
If you have no life/family outside of work... then this is the place for you.
Intake (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 21, 2014
No breaks.... and most days you won't be able to take a lunch because you have so much work to do. One person is doing the job it normally would take 3 people to do... just so they can save money.

My dept. work hours were suppose 8:30 -5:30, however we never left before 6:30/7 (M-F). After working there for a few months management decided to change the schedule to add Saturdays. They advised us on a Thursday with the change starting that weekend. ( they didn't care if you had plans or not). At the end of the day they didn't care for complaints since they felt they paid you enough. There was no work/home balance... it was always work, work ,work.. even after your scheduled hours... my co-workers said it has a high turn over rate and in the last 2 years -management has been "restructured " three times.

HR is helpful the first week of work then not so much... payroll department makes a lot of mistakes. ( triple check your pay check). If either department requests paperwork ---always keep a record, you will need it.

It has a day/child care center, but the prices are very high... its one set price for everyone.

The company has a program where it allows you to bring your in your sick child and they will watch him/her for no fee... ( so you don't have to call out... LOL.... )
Pros
salary
Cons
no work/home balance, unstaffed
Amazing opportunity to use all my pain and symptom management expertise in making a difference for people at the end of their llife.
Advanced Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hosp in Teaneck NJ & Hospice in Saddle River NJJune 26, 2012
Rounding on inpatients at the hospital for any necessary pain and symptom management adjustments for which I write orders. Includes PCA pain medication titration. Communication of changes with the team. Billing for the visit.
Rounding on inpatients at the free standing hospice. Collaborating with MD for any changes in medication regimens for which I need advice, otherwise, making adjustments as indicated. Communicating with patient and or families about any changes. Billing for the visit.
productive and fun workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 7, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers, and I enjoyed what I did. I was able to utilize my skills as a Medical Biller.
Pros
Free lunches, health benefits, close to home
Cons
lack of advancement
A nice place to work
PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 2, 2012
The staff are very friendly and everyone gets along well. We work very hard as a team to get the work done on a daily basis.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive environment
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 30, 2012
The department is managed well through administration, managers and supervisors.
Coworkers are helpful and we all work as a team.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers.
I enjoy working there because it's a small group of people working together and we all get along.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
advancement
Good oppportunity to gain teaching experience
Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 24, 2012
Valuable experience in the realm of nursing education. Opportunity to develop and present a variety of continuing education programs for professional staff.
Pros
opportunity to work with caring professionals and to experience a variety of educational encounters
Cons
short breaks, differences in opinion not supported by management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Name Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Holy Name Medical Center Reviews by Location