Holy Names University Employee Reviews

Colllege Baseball
Starting Pitcher (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 25, 2017
This was where I went to college. I also played baseball at the university for 4 years so it wasnt exactly a job. Just my experience playing ball and getting my degree.
Holy Names University
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 14, 2017
HNU is a university with old views on diversity and younger professionals. Human Resources must follow the protocol of the veteran administrative professionals at all times. I pray for change with their staff management and financial situations.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
growth, quality managers, and community opinions
Excellent Workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 27, 2017
Holy Names University was an experience i will never forget. Being able to work with the father and campus ministry was extremely rewarding and fun. It got me involved with the school.
Pros
Free meals
Amazing workplace, incredibly thoughtful environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 13, 2017
Holy Names University is a very diverse university as well as their staff is incredibly skilled, helpful and understanding. While working on my undergraduate degree, they are very understanding when it comes to creating a schedule, very flexible with the life/work balance. Most importantly, everyone is friendly! You don't have to worry about conflict in the workplace, everyone is kind and always has a smile on their face. Very positive work environment.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
As a student, it is hard to advance
Great Students to work with and teach
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  25800 Mountain BlvdJune 6, 2017
A great place to teach and foster the development of young people into contributing professionals. The students are overall willing to engage in ideas though there is a lot of desire for an A without putting forward the necessary effort
Pros
Great place to work when I get an assignment
Cons
Not enough assignments and full time opportunities
Diversity
Athletic Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 7, 2017
The workplace is so diverse and have many different perspective which make the work easier because everyone puts in their ideas. I enjoyed working as a student, it really helps me financially.
Nice sports related job while in school
Statistician / Score Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 20, 2017
Get to the gym or field about 45 minutes to an hour before game time and help set up cables and equipment. Run stat sheets and score reports before games.
Quiet and relaxing area with good job opportunities
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 6, 2017
This school is very small but has very rewarding traits. The more you get involved, the more you will make of it. The jobs I have experienced here have propelled me to seek the types of jobs that I am today. The people here are great and love working with each student or employee one on one. However, school finances are a problem. The administration does not do a great job of communicating to students the activities going on that will affect our majors, tuition, etc.. Other than that this is a school where you will receive the attention you need to help you succeed if you choose to make the most of it.
Pros
Small classes, great people, job opportunities
Cons
communication, budget
Volunteer position
Men's assistant coach (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I took Holy Names University as an opportunity to get myself in the College level in the U.S.
The head coach at the time was very professional, the school itself wasn't organized very well but as far as my experience on the field, it was really good/
Enjoyable
Student Resource Center Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 20, 2016
I am able to relate to student on an academic and personal level. I enjoy the diversity amongst the student here. There are many student who are first-generation college students and with the right support, they are able to graduate.
Good experience
Head Men's & Women's Tennis Coach (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 9, 2016
It was a good experience at Holy Names University. I enjoyed working with the coaches at HNU. They were a group of hard-working coaches. It is not an easy job. Good luck.
A school that provides high quality nursing education for students entering the heatlh care field.
Registered Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 15, 2016
A school that provides high quality nursing education for students entering the health care field. It is a very comparative school. The graduates perform well in the work place.
Diverse university
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Excellent University to work at. There could be more diversity within the staff but the students are wonderful. Enjoy the work.
Pros
diversity in students
Cons
lack of diversity in staff
Small Catholic private school
Campus Safety Supervisor / Front (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 21, 2015
Typical small private liberal arts college, with the atmosphere and attitude you would expect from Oakland. You work around young people, the uninformed, and people who don't live in the real world. Bleeding heart liberals only, it is hard to be here if you aren't onboard with the agenda.
Typical security job
Campus Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 10, 2015
Typical day: Monitor cameras. Clerical work. Process permits. Check emails for events or important information.
I learned how to supervise workers. Learned how to handle situations in a public environment.
Hardest part: Dealing with young adults.
Pros
Has slow times, with little incidents to worry about.
Cons
Can be very busy with handling permits and dealing with young adults.
Productive and productive workplace
Free lance Videographer and editor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 26, 2015
Holy Names University was very cooperative in letting me shoot at the locations needed, and when I needed them. Not only was the soccer team allowing me to shoot in their private quarters of the locker room and team planning stages, they allowed me full access to all their departments at any time of the day. The team allowed me to be apart of their in-game huddles, and sidelines as to produce a more quality video.
diverse and spiritual environment
Campus Ministry Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  oaklandMay 21, 2014
The staff is very personal and supportive of their employees
fun, safe and encouraging work space
College Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 12, 2013
I loved working for Holy Names especally since I was a student thee.. I wish I didnt have to stop but my health was acting up and I needed to finish my education. i learned that i learn fast. i had to learn a computor input system and was nerous i would be able to learn it and in the end had not problem gasping the program and working with it. The hardest part of the job was the lack of pay but the best part was the healthy loving job envirnment and team spirit. i loved it.
Pros
The people i worked with were wanderful!
Cons
I didnt get paid enough to live off of now.
good place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 23, 2013
Work on your own time (if you are a student tutor). Understanding about emergencies
Excellent- 5 Start
Student Worker- Cushing Library (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 13, 2013
Management is very understanding that I am a student worker. My co-workers are friendly and energetic! Helping my fellow students and even the faculty is a wonderful opportunity to give back to my institution. Holy Names University's Cushing Library is a great environment!
Pros
Flexible shifts, quiet place to study on down-time, excellent staff from management down to student workers.
Cons
Nothing.