Holy Names University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good experience
Head Men's & Women's Tennis Coach (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 9, 2016
It was a good experience at Holy Names University. I enjoyed working with the coaches at HNU. They were a group of hard-working coaches. It is not an easy job. Good luck.
Diverse university
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Excellent University to work at. There could be more diversity within the staff but the students are wonderful. Enjoy the work.
Pros
diversity in students
Cons
lack of diversity in staff
Small Catholic private school
Campus Safety Supervisor / Front (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 21, 2015
Typical small private liberal arts college, with the atmosphere and attitude you would expect from Oakland. You work around young people, the uninformed, and people who don't live in the real world. Bleeding heart liberals only, it is hard to be here if you aren't onboard with the agenda.
Typical security job
Campus Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 10, 2015
Typical day: Monitor cameras. Clerical work. Process permits. Check emails for events or important information.
I learned how to supervise workers. Learned how to handle situations in a public environment.
Hardest part: Dealing with young adults.
Pros
Has slow times, with little incidents to worry about.
Cons
Can be very busy with handling permits and dealing with young adults.
Productive and productive workplace
Free lance Videographer and editor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 26, 2015
Holy Names University was very cooperative in letting me shoot at the locations needed, and when I needed them. Not only was the soccer team allowing me to shoot in their private quarters of the locker room and team planning stages, they allowed me full access to all their departments at any time of the day. The team allowed me to be apart of their in-game huddles, and sidelines as to produce a more quality video.
diverse and spiritual environment
Campus Ministry Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  oaklandMay 21, 2014
The staff is very personal and supportive of their employees
fun, safe and encouraging work space
College Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 12, 2013
I loved working for Holy Names especally since I was a student thee.. I wish I didnt have to stop but my health was acting up and I needed to finish my education. i learned that i learn fast. i had to learn a computor input system and was nerous i would be able to learn it and in the end had not problem gasping the program and working with it. The hardest part of the job was the lack of pay but the best part was the healthy loving job envirnment and team spirit. i loved it.
Pros
the people i worked with were wanderful!
Cons
i didnt get paid enough to live off of now.
good place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 23, 2013
Work on your own time (if you are a student tutor). Understanding about emergencies
Excellent- 5 Start
Student Worker- Cushing Library (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 13, 2013
Management is very understanding that I am a student worker. My co-workers are friendly and energetic! Helping my fellow students and even the faculty is a wonderful opportunity to give back to my institution. Holy Names University's Cushing Library is a great environment!
Pros
flexible shifts, quiet place to study on down-time, excellent staff from management down to student workers.
Cons
nothing.
An encouraging environment, room for professional growth
Campus Safety & Administration (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 5, 2013
Daily work routines in Campus Safety incorporated administrative tasks functioning as construction of safety presentations and fliers, data entry of car registration and identification information on campus visitors, scan original documents into computer files, camera investigations, lost and found, tracking and filing permits and tickets, and phone operation. The work environment required limited management supervision. All workers tracked their daily performance in addition to breaks, emergency situations, and tasks left incomplete. I learned to effectively manage complaints. I learned to better organize my work and time and the importance of documenting my work. Working in Campus Safety has also developed my administrative skills.
Pros
flexible schedules, diversity of tasks
Greatest School with view of Bay Area
Executive Assistant to VPFA (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 14, 2012
very relaxed and chilled out enviornment. Working great professors, and adjunct staff members. The sister's really do know how to have fun and enjoy life as well.
Pros
free tuition while working on campus as a full time student
Cons
pay is no where near the cost of living in the sf/bay area.

4.3