Holy Redeemer Health System

Holy Redeemer Health System Employee Reviews

Good intercation with Co workers and patients
RN on call (Former Employee), Phila, PaJune 29, 2015
Pros: good interaction with patient and family
Cons: never knew wjhat you were going into untill you arrived
Got call to go see patients in their homes when a situation arose that required medical intervention. Some days maybe see 1 or 2 patients sometimes 7 or 8 patients
Excited to see babies being born everyday
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphila, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: extra hours
Cons: sometimes no dinner
Vital signs,stocking,c-section, I learned how to work in a professional environment.My co-workers are very friendly and they are willing to teach. Mothers seeing their babies for the first time.
Eh
NURSE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), Southern New JerseyFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: independent work, flexibility of homecare schedule, as long as you finish your assignment
Cons: favoritism, unflexibility, false interest from don towards field nurses, long driving hours that keep you from seeing more patients, huge loads of documentation, supervisors not supportive, bad communication, chaotic scheduling and even supervision especially over the weekend, unsafe (orr patients) work load
I worked as a field nurse for 7 plus years and I loved my job. It used to be much more manegeable and enjoyable. With time things changed, new DON, more territories to cover, but also more work with less staff harder patients that required another level of care (you dont get your superiors support with issues like these). Increased workload and patient acuity, increased driving time (they do not pay per hour but by the number of patients you see so the more you drive the less you make unless you are willing to work til 10 pm which many times they told me that if I had to I would need to work til those hours-mind you the hours are supposed to be 8 am-4:30 pm) . We became understaffed and there was favoritism with newer nurses. Work load was unsafe and the quality of care was not the same as before. Discussed this with the highest authorities but they said they did not care and that basically you had to do what they wanted you to do or else. Really disappointing how things turned all about the money pretending to have the patients in the first place. I got burned out and fed up, I lived to work and document besides seeing patients which was the part i loved the most. Every time we nurses were requiered to document more and more. I worked and average of 10 hours a day 5 days a week. No time for family or life. I am very happy I quit. Field nurses are very unappreciated and even exploited and they do not really think about patients, but the money they want to make.
Professionalism
Recreational Therapist (Former Employee), Meadowbrook, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Beautiful group of people to work with. I had a memorable experience during my time as a full time employee. Very creative group!
Fits my life schedule
Palliative Care Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), ElizabethDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexability, autonomy
Cons: pay, stress
Flexibility is the primary benefit of working for this organization. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable.
Nice place to work they work with your schedule
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Jenkintown, PANovember 29, 2014
Pros: schedule is flexible great people to work for
Cons: pay is not higher enough and no room fro advancement
the schedulers are very polite but the pay is not as competative as it should be and they are good with working with your schedule but there are incentive for growth within the company and they need to raise the pay rate
productive and enjoyable
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Huntingdon Valley, PASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no breaks and no advancement
I enjoy the co-worker and the doctors that I work for. I'm responsible for the disabilities paper work to put our patients out of work during their delivery and post partum
My Simple Day at work
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Huntingdon Valley, PASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free shuttle van to and from work
Cons: under paid
My day at work consist of cleaning the Emergency Department. When cleaning the ER I clean the nurse station first I grab the trash, wipe down the desk and mop the floor. I clean all 22 rooms the same way including the bed if the room is dirty. I clean all 15 bathrooms the medication room the soiled utility rooms and clean linen rooms on a daily basis. When I'm not doing any of that I dust walls and picture frames and machine that's dusty I keep my area looking clean as if it was the first day it had open.
overall good experience
Director of Purchasing (Former Employee), Meadowbrook, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: quality of the people you work with
Cons: upper management
Growing organization. Senior management tends to be isolated from
middle management. They tend to bring in outside experts and VPS
instead of promoting from within or taking advice.
great co-workers
csr (Current Employee), king of prussia, paJuly 23, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: they did not care about their employees
It was a great job to have to get paid but the manangement was terrible especially upper management. This job was the worst i have ever had and they do not care about their emoployees.
If you are desperate for a food service job, apply!
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee), Meadowbrook, Pa Huntingdon PikeApril 25, 2014
Pros: the dental insurance is cheap
Cons: racism, no raises, filthy kitchen, no experience needed for any position
Do not expect to get much out of the food service department but HEADACHES and unfair treatment. I am no longer a worker at the hospital but it was very UNORGANIZED , UNSANITARY , peoples wages are determined by who you know not what you know and the atmosphere is very saddening. I was a worker at this facility for years and would never look back. Supervisors are hired from anywhere outside with NO EXPERIENCE and managers know nothing about managing. RACISM RULES HOLY REDEEMER SO BE PREPARED!
nice people to work
Certified Technician Customer Services (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
The days were very busy, because I worked directly with nurses, therapists and home Health Care.
I learned to take care my health much better,
The most enjoyable part of the job, is to help people and one more time because I speak spanish my action radius is larger. I love to help people.
That is my goal, not matter what king of job I 'm realizing , my goal is help, help my co-worker, help the companies to get theirs goals
Nice place to work.
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee), Philadelphia,PAFebruary 9, 2014
A typical day at work includes providing care to patients on a daily basis, also being a companion to the patients I cared for. I made sure that I was able to manage my time between the care of all of my clients, seeing that each patient is properly cared for within the proper time frame and given the best care possible. Everyone at the job is easy to get along with and overall I love the work that I do and being able to provide clients with excellent service.
Nice meeting patients and their family and friends
Certified Nursing Assistant- Lafayette Facility (Former Employee), Huntingdon Valley, PADecember 12, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: stuck if person does not show up to relieve you from your shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and caring for people. The hardest part of the job is when people were late relieving me from my shift. Also when patients die, or difficult to care for.
Management treat the staff fairly
Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurse (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJNovember 21, 2013
Pros: treated well
Cons: short staffed
Good people to work for however like in any visiting nurse job, too much paper work
Too much goosip, and racism
Laboratory Assistant / Phlebotomist F/T (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2013
Pros: paycheck
Cons: benefits period
supervisors arent dependable, they are clueless. people from the beginning just want to rip you apart
One of the most friendly places to work
Companion (Current Employee), Meadowbrook, PANovember 14, 2013
Very friendly environment and everyone is very welcoming when going into a new position. Everyone is willing to help!
Rewarding and energetic place to work
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee), Toms River, NJNovember 13, 2013
Pros: close to home and beautiful offices.
Cons: consistently short-staffed.
Demandng position with multi-taking a must. Learned the nuances of Home Health Care and Hospice. Scheduling can be quite challenging at times with trying to meet the patients demands, however, it is quite rewarding being able to help people in their time of need. The most fulfilling part of my position is helping families transition their loved ones "to the other side."
Not a good place to work nobody cares your just a body
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Meadowbrook, PAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: good health benefits if your full time
Cons: unstable work environment, have if the staff have major issues
Look elsewhere as a current employee in dietary there no advancement you will be stuck on the same position for years. Management will always hire from the outside or you have to be management favorite pet to move up. This company don't handle situation at all if there a problem the pay is low compare to other hospital it's not worth it. Management also is racist against people with ethic background I wouldn't be surprise if there a law suite against them and I'm a white person so I see it with my on eyes and or hear what they say about them. There favorite saying is "it is what it is" no body cares look else where if you want a positive work environment
Great Company
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: can't go over 40hrs
Really enjoy working for the company!!!! Working for this company is great!!!

Holy Redeemer Health System Salaries