Holy Redeemer Health System Employee Reviews

Busy office, with great Doctors. Willing to teach you and make sure you understand.Sometimes the hardest part of the job
Scheduling Coordinator for OR, billing (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAOctober 2, 2017
This is a fast paced, high demand job that involves pain management , drug screens, and addiction patients. I have learned many things about pain management, coping with chronic pain, and have grown as a medical assistant and person. I love many aspects about this job, but feel that advancement opportunities are limited. I did every position at the office
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Irribility of patience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PASeptember 14, 2017
A very nice place to work. On site security is available. The residents are friendly and have great stories to tell. My supervisor was amazing and very fair. A great place to work overall but the pay is low.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay wage
a place for healing, comfort and safety
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PASeptember 12, 2017
very busy i learned how to read the monitors very cultural very good managements, the hardest part is being pulled from unit to unit. enjoy meeting different patient from other culture and doing good team work.
overall rating mediocre
In Home Health Care Nurse - RN (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJAugust 24, 2017
The nursing staff worked well together. Management was poor, case load was not conducive to quality pt care. It is not responsible to work while sick, but calling out often caused pt to be skipped and not seen.
knowledgeable
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAJuly 19, 2017
freindly environment. ability to move up in promotions and department changing. The hardest part of the job is seeking the residents leave that youve developed relationships with over time but excited at the same time since they've accomplished their goals
My Professional and Personal Experience
Accounts Receivables Collector III (Current Employee) –  Finance Office Townsend Rd Philadephia PAJuly 17, 2017
I will always be grateful for the opportunity for being their employee I have learned alot and have added quite a bit of extensive knowledge
to my already diverse professional background.
Pros
Flexibility with regards to scheduled hours worked
Cons
No advancement
Does not live by its values
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJuly 12, 2017
No Raises
No Flexibility
People are not treated equally.
Time management is terrible. If you pass a facility on your way in, instead of clocking in and working, they want you to drive all the way to the hospital to clock in and get back in your car and turn around and go back 10 miles.
It is a Care, Comfort and Heal values and none of them are present.
Pros
Cons
Management of IT department, NO flexibility, No Raises
lack of communication within staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAJuly 11, 2017
The company has no transparency outside of each department, making it hard to cross work with different levels and departments as a whole.
EX: receptionist has no knowledge of cleaning crew schedule as to request common areas of visitors lounge to be cleaned. Aides do not know who to answer to if they leave their floor to work with residents on other floors. NO COMMUNICATION
Overworked and underpaid
Home Care Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Union County, NJJune 19, 2017
The ancillary staff are helpful and wonderful. Peers are always a great stress reliever . In the field, we vent our frustration with lack of managerial support when it comes to pay. There is no advancement here. Would honestly not recommend any of seasonal colleagues as pay is very low. Possibly may recommend new graduates. However the demands are too much. At times, feel more like a nurse than a therapist. Meetings are not productive and after work hours impacting family time. Usage of tablet is very time comsuming. Documentation overwhelming. Definitely cuts into any free time you have. Lastly, too much micromanaging. Your professionalism insulted .
Pros
Nice people, patients appreciative
Cons
Documentation, Low pay, Micromanaging
Nice place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAJune 4, 2017
Nice place to work but need more full time positons. Need more CNA to help with the resident. The online computer system needs to be update to a faster current operating systems.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Need more CNA and full time positons
Wolves in sheep's clothing
Clerical (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 18, 2017
There's no loyalty or appreciation for office staff at Holy Redeemer. Management has no managerial skills they are just clinical staff with a title that they abuse. The environment at times is hostile at best. You are overworked and under paid. Human resources is useless they DO NOT protect their employees they just tell you they will handle things and never do
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Pay and management
Run it's the worst place ever
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAMarch 31, 2017
This place is understaffed and you will be overworked expected to do the job of 3 people.Management is very cliquey and you if you are a licensed professional it could be in question working at this facility. Be very cautious!! Employ here at your own risk.
Pros
going home
Cons
healthcare, pay rate, understaffed
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAJanuary 4, 2017
Performed all phlebotomy functions on Out patient/in patient for Holy Redeemer Hospital.

Also responsible for processing of all specimens arriving in the lab from body fluids to tissue samples and blood samples.

Enjoyed my job thoroughly
Pros
Enjoyed Phlebotomy
Cons
Job was downsized
Every year HHA have fun treat for good job and receive a award for the amount of years service.
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Runnemede, NJDecember 16, 2016
Holy Redeemer to me is a great place to work I have been here for a while I don't have any problem.Every one here is treated with respect.I told someone about it.And she is here
.i enjoyed working here.the benefits is good.The wages is ok.
Pros
you receive lunch when you attend meetings.
Cons
Break is only 30 minutes
Great company
Stress Test/Cardiac Technician (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PADecember 8, 2016
This is a great company to work for

The entire staff here was great

I left this hospital because I got married and relocated to New Jersey otherwise I'd still be with this facility.
Good
Escort (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2016
Holy Redeemer is a great facility to work for. You meet new people and you'll learn new things and of course they pay helps. Since I've been here I didn't have any complaints.
Extremely rude supervisors in kitchen!!
Food Service Employee / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2016
When worked there I used leave in tears and I have tough skin as the boss told me I need to get after hearing supervisor call me a black lil b**tch. They act really nice in the beginning. So much racism towards the Indians who they work like slave it's truly sad. Money was cool atmosphere sucked
Cons
Supervisor, Racism
Run as fast as you can from this company
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PaAugust 22, 2016
Worked here for years, low pay, no raise for 4 years. Lousy benefits. Care comfort and heal is only for the patients, management could care less about the employees. if you work here make sure you can do the work of at least 3 people because it will be expected of you on a regular basis. There's a reason their turnover is so high!
Pros
Patients are treated extremely well.
therapy scheduler
Therapy Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 10, 2016
answer phones. run daily reports of patients that require home therapy. contact each therapist either by phone or by email. coordinate home visits between patients and therapists.

hardest part of the job would be to coordinate patients visits with visiting therapists due to patients having other disciplines.
Pros
being able to work 7:00a-3:00pm
Cons
having to rotate weekends and holidays
Extremely Racist/Prejudice Company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Feasterville-Trevose, PAAugust 8, 2016
I honestly cannot state anything good about this company. They are extremely racist/prejudice against their ethnic employees, management lack the ability to actually manage, and they also pick sides (very bias). Yes, they do have their favorites! They are just absolutely horrible and treat their ethnic staff like mess. Pay is horrible and extremely low compared to other hospitals. No matter how hard you work, it will always go unrecognized, ESPECIALLY if you're anything other than Caucasian. They ONLY hire those of color because they have to!
Pros
Trying to find one is much like trying to locate a needle in a hay stack!
Cons
Have to really watch your back with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Redeemer Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9