Holy Redeemer Health System

Holy Redeemer Health System Employee Reviews

Great company
Stress Test/Cardiac Technician (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PADecember 8, 2016
This is a great company to work for

The entire staff here was great

I left this hospital because I got married and relocated to New Jersey otherwise I'd still be with this facility.
Extremely rude supervisors in kitchen!!
Food Service Employee / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 16, 2016
When worked there I used leave in tears and I have tough skin as the boss told me I need to get after hearing supervisor call me a black lil b**tch. They act really nice in the beginning. So much racism towards the Indians who they work like slave it's truly sad. Money was cool atmosphere sucked
Cons
Supervisor, Racism
Run as fast as you can from this company
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PaAugust 22, 2016
Worked here for years, low pay, no raise for 4 years. Lousy benefits. Care comfort and heal is only for the patients, management could care less about the employees. if you work here make sure you can do the work of at least 3 people because it will be expected of you on a regular basis. There's a reason their turnover is so high!
Pros
Patients are treated extremely well.
therapy scheduler
Therapy Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 10, 2016
answer phones. run daily reports of patients that require home therapy. contact each therapist either by phone or by email. coordinate home visits between patients and therapists.

hardest part of the job would be to coordinate patients visits with visiting therapists due to patients having other disciplines.
Pros
being able to work 7:00a-3:00pm
Cons
having to rotate weekends and holidays
Extremely Racist/Prejudice Company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Feasterville-Trevose, PAAugust 8, 2016
I honestly cannot state anything good about this company. They are extremely racist/prejudice against their ethnic employees, management lack the ability to actually manage, and they also pick sides (very bias). Yes, they do have their favorites! They are just absolutely horrible and treat their ethnic staff like mess. Pay is horrible and extremely low compared to other hospitals. No matter how hard you work, it will always go unrecognized, ESPECIALLY if you're anything other than Caucasian. They ONLY hire those of color because they have to!
Pros
Trying to find one is much like trying to locate a needle in a hay stack!
Cons
Have to really watch your back with this company.
Great group of professional nurses
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2016
Worked there for 6 years. Early am in office waiting for daily patient schedule. Varied patient load depending on case managers. Enjoyed going into homes and giving my best care and assessing the patient and environment. Monitoring meds, safety, family dynamics and comfort was always a positive challenge and always knowing that I had such a great group of pros behind me.
Pros
Great resources
Cons
Incredible travel on weekend shifts
Best Place I ever Worked!!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAAugust 1, 2016
I have worked at St. Joe's Manor and found it to be the best nursing job I ever had. The nurses are all very nice and eager to help you adjust. I have learned new skills to help me better perform my job. The biggest burden on the nurses is handling admissions, particularly on the weekends. There should be an admissions nurse handling the process from start to finish, not a nurse who already has too many patients.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Hard to take a lunch or dinner break
Horrible
Former imaging dept (Former Employee) –  Hospital...Meadowbrook paJuly 15, 2016
Go apply anywhere else. They only care about making or saving money. Never reward employees but will slit your throat first chance they get. Management is cliquey...they stick together and never stick up for you. I gave my all and was let go after a long employment there. Run away
Pros
Zip
Cons
No lunch...no break....worked alone a lot and expected to.smile every second
Enjoyed working in the Assisted and independent living areas
LPN (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2016
This was a really great job, helping people try to maintain their
independence as long as possible. It was difficult to have to tell
the resident and or family members when this was no longer a
viable living situation.

Overall the staff and management worked well together and the
resident was the priority.
poor management
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 7, 2016
the facility in which I work at is accommodating if you are in school whether it be high school or college, they work with your scheduling. However, they change food companies in the dietary department every couple of years and have had some problems with the companies.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
constantly short staffed
Excellent organization, culture, and connection with mission
Director of Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAJune 17, 2016
Fast paced environment to keep up with diverse needs matching each business unit. The organization is very in touch with carrying out the mission and fostering an atmosphere to provide the best experience possible to patients, families, & employees.
Great Company, Low Pay, Disregard for Workers Concerns
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2016
HRHC is a very loyal and compassionate, providing patients with quality care. However, that's all they care about. They have a lack of concern and empathy for the employees needs and personal dilemmas. They expect you to work past your scheduled time, be available on your days off, put family and other after work activities on the back burner because they are short of staff. They also put rules into place but break them when its convenient for them. The customer is always right even if they are wrong and a proper investigation is never held when a complaint is made. If you choose to work for this company be prepared for low pay grades, traveling extremely far with low mileage reimbursements, put everything else second to work, and don't plan anything after work or on your days off because you are required to always be available. This company is patient centered and preaches the mission statement but forget what that means when it involves the employees! Management is unfair and unreasonable! You as an employee is just a body, nothing more.
Pros
Independent working, quality patient care, decent benefits
Cons
Mandates overtime often, employee concerns disregarded, no annual raises
Great place, great people, poor pay
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2016
I love everything about this company except for the pay! Being a home care aide can be very overwhelming and sometimes challenging to your body physically in addition to mentally draining. To keep good, hard and loving workers around for long periods of time they need to pay as the home care aides work...heavier!
Pros
great company
Cons
low pay
Not a good place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PANovember 30, 2015
Warning, not a good place to work. Good at preaching their mission to you but they don't feel they need to adhere to it when it comes to their employees. Seek employment elsewhere!
Homecare
CASE MANAGER/RN (Former Employee) –  Runnemede, NJOctober 14, 2015
Extension of hospital care components but provided in home.
Postop treatments and monitoring
Disease management and patient education
Pros
Individual patient care
Cons
Working in Adverse weather
Productive Workplace
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAOctober 4, 2015
Holy Redeemer is a wonderful hospital to work at, we give 100% with each and every patient. Our standard is to care, comfort, and heal. Each patient is a different experience, and I learn different things about each part of the body, or a type of medication, or disease each and everyday. Nursing is always a learning experience, and it is one of the most rewarding jobs out there.
Productive, postive work enviroment
I also assist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2015
Manage care on patients on the short term rehab unit. Address patient issues, family questions and help collaborative treatment with other disciplinary groups to help patient meet their goals to return home and function in a safe environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Patient Centered
RN Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PASeptember 8, 2015
The entire health system is patient focused which is great but the management is going through some changes that hinders standing by the nurses and helping them get equipment that will ultimately help the patients.
Pros
Patient centered
Cons
Poor management
financial instability
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2015
No financial growth. I've been there for a few years, am a top worker and realized that there is no room for growth there. Some people have been there for more than nine years and have only received one raise! We work hard and there are no incentives.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no raises, no hours, work hard for no incentives.
Great
great (Former Employee) –  greatJuly 10, 2015
GREAT place to start a career! GREAT staff, always willing to teach you if you have a question! Highly recommend to work for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Redeemer Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9