Holy Spirit Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Busy, very satisfying working environment.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 24, 2016
Very busy ER and ICU with patients care being excellent. The team effort is outstanding as all the staff is there to assist in any which way possible. The most difficult part of the job was trying to understand how people seek medical care only when they become critical.
Pros
The nursing team.
Cons
The hours was late at night.
Accounts Payable Dept fun place to wrk
Secretary/Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 5, 2016
My AP manager was the best manager one could have. She ran a very structured work environment. Working in AP was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, when Holy Spirit was bought out by Geisinger the AP Dept was one of the departments that was phased out.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Important information pertaining to our dept was not always shared with us.
Excellent healthcare facility with above average care
Registered Nurse and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 27, 2016
Night shift begins at 2230 to get report. Each nurse has 10 to 12 patients. Give midnight meds, do midnight treatments and get everyone settled for the night. Make sure all orders from admissions and post ops taken off and sent to departments. Then start the verification process on the next day's medicine admin sheets. This means going through each medication ordered for the patient and making sure they are all one the sheet and all information is correct. Especially make sure new orders about meds are correct. This takes anywhere from two to five hours, depending on how many patients and what admissions we had through the day. Then do four AM vitals and meds as well as treatments. At five am do am treatments, prepare for the physicians which will start seeing the previous day's post-ops at six AM as well as visiting their patients for the day and determine who needs more tests, who is discharged. Do am meds, prepare pre-ops for their trip downstairs, give report to the next shift at 0730. Complete the charting not done before the end of the shift and sign out when finished. I usually did not finish my charting until after 0830.

Loved my coworkers and we were quite a team, able to handle the am push with experience and aplomb. The AM push and the verifications of the medication records were the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working hands on with patients, helping them recover from major surgery and return to their lives.
Pros
Fantastically supportive mid-level staff, great compensation
Cons
Staff injury and recovery programs inferior and unhelpful to those injured.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant(volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 17, 2016
A very peaceful place to work.Worked in patient accounting and various clerical tasks.worked as a volunteer,worked in excel and word.
Great to work for
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 18, 2015
Same as with Sodexo, the hospital transferred the department to
Sodexo in June 2012.

The Supervisors stayed the same. My co-workers are great to work with.
fast paced and caring emergency room
Emergency Care Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 26, 2015
Very busy, upbeat and fast paced emergency room. Staff from all departments work well together to make the department run smoothly even during hectic days or nights. The ER has its good and bad days but with the support of co-workers and gratitude from patients, makes your day worth it!
Pros
great management and staff, great benefits
Cons
fast paced, can be very hectic
Productive and fun workplace
Cardiac Rehab Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 11, 2015
Co-workers were very nice. Hardest part of the job was just sitting around when there wasn't any patients available to work with. I learned much more about cardiac rehabilitation.
Happy work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Camphill, SCTJuly 24, 2015
Busy had good co-workers, busy I loved the work and fast pace. Flexible and was able to work all different shifts and learn the different positions on the floors
Great atmosphere, Great working with patients
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 22, 2015
Just working with patients was worth going to work. I enjoyed working side by side with Doctors and Nurses. I have learned medical procedures and a lot of medical terminology. The hardest part of the job was being if a patient came in Cardiac Arrest and we were not able to save them.
Pros
Wearing scrubs
Cons
I felt there were no cons
good place to work
RN case Manager and Iv nurse clinician (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 12, 2015
Don't count on your management because they really aren't very knowledgable and don't have respoect for their employees
Pros
good co workers
Cons
very poor management
Great variety of patients-poorly staffed
RN, Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 4, 2015
I enjoy working with Cardiac ICU patients, but I am graduating in August and looking to find a job as a CRNP. I like the patients I have the opportunity to care for, but the floor is staffed poorly and I often feel it results in unsafe patient care.
Evolving health care system with ample growth opportunities.
Staff RN, CVICU Ortenzio Heart Center (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 2, 2015
HSH has been my sole place of employment since graduation from nursing school. An employee of 16 years, I have been well-compensated and enjoy my work environment. It is time, however, to move on as I near completion of the nurse practitioner program.
Pros
Flexible work schedule. Competitive pay.
Cons
Minimal staffing of units. High turnover.
No two days are ever the same
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 28, 2015
While this position can sometimes be demanding and require a lot of stamina, I enjoy helping patients who are in need of medical care. It feels good to know that I am helping people.
Clean facility with excellent team work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 23, 2015
- Conducted chemical analysis of bodily fluids to determine presence of normal and abnormal components

- Entered results from medical tests into computer

- Operated and maintained equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis
Good environment, slow paced work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 10, 2014
I worked in the Ortenzio Heart Unit. It was slow paced, and the 12 hour shifts dragged on. I learned a lot there, though. I was also a float CNA through the rest of the hospital, and it was very fast paced. It was a fly by the seat of your pants, fast paced. But, that is the case with most float nurses.
everything was enjoyable, excpt on sundays
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 2, 2014
responsable of the kitchen with the co-workers as cookers. I had to make sure that the costumers had their food in time and had good food. Supervise the coffe shop , and the cafeteria, had to make sure that they had enough employees and that the cashier had enough money.I learned how to work with employees and money. i had to work with communications and meetings. My co-workers were always working together with friendly communications. My hardest part of the job is that on Sundays i always had 1 or 2 missing employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was on meetings, because everybody spoke.
Pros
had alot of responsabilities of the cafeteria, coffe shop, and the kitchen
Cons
as supervisor, had 22 employees, but most of them didn't come to work on sundays
Best nursing home in town
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IANovember 13, 2014
Loved working here, coworkers were always willing to work together and make sure all the work gets done, and always friendly. I learned how to be a better aide here.
Supportive management
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 1, 2014
This facility has longevity in their workforce. Turnover rate is very low which results in better care for the residents.
Pros
updated facility
Most people stay there out of necessity and their coworkers
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 19, 2014
You perform radiographs on various types of x-ray equipment in the O.R., E.R. and general areas, and assist in fluoroscopic procedures. They have a non incentive call policy. Management their displays a exploitative leadership pattern with little communication of their goals or vision.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
exciting, pleasant
LPN/RN (Former Employee) –  Sioux city IowaSeptember 8, 2014
Was a new nurse, staff was helpful. Patients well cared for. Scheduled around school hours, much OT allowed.
Pros
pleasant residients
Cons
low pay.