Holy Spirit Health System Employee Reviews

Holy Spirit Cardiology.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 5, 2017
Overall my experience in HS Cardiology is good. I love working with the patients and helping patients and management when I am able to. Some of the work has been challeging. I have learned how a busy office operates. I have become more comfortable working face to face with people.
Unfortunatly, if has been extreamly difficult to advance within.
Exciting workplace
Medical Data consultant (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 1, 2017
Working at Holy Spirit was very fulfilling. Everyday I learned something new. Though very busy at times it's satisfying to be able to help nurses and doctors and make things easier for them while they make their patients lives a little bit easier.
Pros
In my field of study. Interesting and fulfilling.
Cons
Temporary job
good experience
Staff Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 12, 2017
This was a really good experience working the CVU. I worked with great nurses and the management was great. I think that this unit was a great unit to start working as a new nurse.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Nigh shift.
Family Workplace Environment
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 10, 2017
Although I have had a good overall experience while working at Holy Spirit, recent merger and resulting confusion has had an unfortunate effect on company morale.
Business Service Coordinator II
Business Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 12, 2017
I am currently an employee of Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital/Plastic Surgery. My role involves the Revenue Management area of the health system. Initially my position was in private practice plastic surgery. It has since evolved into working in the hospital area.
Terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 20, 2017
This hospital is a complete joke! they do not pay attention to their patients needs and allow managers to bring their personal feelings and problems into the work life and take it out on employees.
Hard work but good people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 20, 2017
Better then the rest could pay more but over all good company. In the beginning pay didn't matter but once they cut staff we really expected to get compensated and wasn't so I hadn't move on
Going through changes
Mental Health Worker II (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 7, 2017
The behavioral health department has been going through substantial changes over the last 2 and a half years which has decreased staff moral and increased staff burnout due to staffing shortages and lack of management involvement to rectify the issue. Otherwise the work is great and the co-workers are friendly and helpful.
a great place to work
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 3, 2017
i loved working at holy spirit hospital, it was a humbling experience.
i enjoyed working with the patients and the nurses were kind.
Crisis Intervention can be stressful, but I enjoyed helping clients who needed assistance.
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Overall, this was an interesting place to work, as one never knew who would walk through the door and need major help. Often referred patients to inpatient hospitalization, due to suicidal plans/intent.
Pros
Great staff relations
Cons
Night shift was difficult at times
Holy Spirit is a very stressful environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 7, 2016
Understaffed, underappreciated, overworked, and disrespected: The 4 words I would use to describe the culture created by Holy Spirit's management for their 'valued' employees. The only good thing that I have to say about this place is that there are many nice people who work for a few terrible ones.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Tyrants in charge- nasty to a fault
Great collaborative communication amongst colleagues.
CARDIAC CATH LAB RN (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 28, 2016
A typical day involves multiple fast paced procedures for cardiac cath, peripheral, EP cases. No set operating hours within department. Excellent colleague competency and teamwork. Most enjoyable part is STEMI recovery of patients from acute cardiac intervention. Hardest part of job is extended hours and call.
Pros
Excellent 401K match by employer
Cons
No set hours of operation for procedures
Good work
Bilingual Outreach Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 14, 2016
This is a good place to work and it offers nice benefits. Good place to start if you just graduated from college. because it is a 24/7 place the hours are flexible.
Great People to work with.
Customer Support Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 10, 2016
A typical day starts off with scheduling staff for the following weeks. The hardest part of the job is doing a management positions but not getting compensated accordingly. My co-workers are great to work with.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not competitive in their salary
Work place not ideal
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 9, 2016
The work it self is not hard, however is staff has an issue with you and they have been there for awhile they will stick together and find a way to make you miserable there.
Cons
management, a lot of nurses
Very hypocritical
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  hshNovember 4, 2016
The place is very behind the times.
Management is very poor in the laboratory.
I think they pulled the bosses by name out of a hat.
Poor quality of patient.Provided care. Alot oofhippa.
Pros
Patients
Cons
doctors and management
Decent Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 13, 2016
Was almost always short staffed. Manager was great and easy to work with. Got pulled many times to other floors which sometimes was not pleasant. Pretty good place to work at though.
Exciting and rewarding Career
REGISTERED NURSE FIRST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PennsylvaniaSeptember 6, 2016
Very exciting, and personally rewarding job. Family oriented atmosphere among peers. Job security present, but no encouragement or assistance for advancement. Management and administration always in turmoil, which has a negative affect on staff.
Busy, very satisfying working environment.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 24, 2016
Very busy ER and ICU with patients care being excellent. The team effort is outstanding as all the staff is there to assist in any which way possible. The most difficult part of the job was trying to understand how people seek medical care only when they become critical.
Pros
The nursing team.
Cons
The hours was late at night.
Busy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 9, 2016
From the time you get there until you leave you are busy. A typical day at work is answering call lights and taking people to and from the bathroom. We also help with bathing and getting the patients ready for a procedure or a test. We also get the patients settled when they are admitted and we get the patients ready for discharged too. We also help with getting vitals, blood sugars and help feed the patients too. The nurses aides are crossed trained to performed secretary duties and they watch the monitors for the patients heart rhythm as well.
The hardest part of the job is the physical work that your body goes through every day. Having to lift, push and pull every day can put a toll on your body. Being in good health helps your body and your mind while you are at work.
The most difficult part of the job is watching patients die. Not being able to help them get better. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching patients go home. You see them at their worst and then you see them getting ready to go home because of the care that you and your nursing team as done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Spirit Health System. Our community is ready to answer.