Holyoke Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice place to work in.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work in the morings are very busy. The afternoon time is when it slows down a lot. The people I worked with at this job were very nice people and I enjoyed working with them. The only thing I did not like was my supervisor.
Pros
Good break times.
Cons
Pay for lunch
Co-workers and patients are great
CERTIFIED NURSES AIDE (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 15, 2015
Working in a hospital setting is great but those I work with on daily basis makes my day so much better.
Pros
workers
Cons
management
patient orientated
Administrative Assistant Legal Services (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 25, 2014
HMC was a patient orientated hospital and was in the process of implementing and restructuring as they are under the supervision of a new CEO. Due to the restructuring, there was alot of negative comments from employees. Due to restructuring, my position went down to a part time position from a full time position.

The employees there will do fine if they can remain positive and adopt to the many chances that the hospital is going through with new leadership. Many of the employees have been there over 20 years and it has been difficult for them. People tend to dislike things they don't understand. But if they would be patient and work as a team it will work out in the end.
Pros
pay scale was good and higher than most. good benefits.
Cons
having a freeze on raises
Managers are friendly and fair
Intern (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 10, 2014
Each employee in the lab help one another. Everyone gets along and the managers will make you feel comfortable. This was a internship.
Pros
the managers take the time to know you and work fairly when passing extra hours.
Fun workplace with lots of friendly people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 7, 2014
Holyoke Medical Center was a great place to work. The management and co-workers were very friendly. Working at Holyoke Medical Center showed me how to work in a team. I really enjoyed working with all of my co-workers.
Pros
friendly co-workers and management. great benefits.
Typical day at work
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 28, 2013
A typical day at work for me is getting up early, start getting ready, including having a cup of coffee. When I think what I would be doing I get excited. I learned from the management, skills, follow directions and go to seminars,workshops, etc. I don't really find any part of the job hard, because when it comes to work I prepare my mind and my whole self to encounter any situation that may appears. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can put a smile on my co-workers, clients or patients and they call me an Angel.
Pros
i get to meet people and i got to meet managers and co-workers..
Cons
i will go with the flow.
Wonderful place to work
Patient Registration Coordinator/Operator (Current Employee) –  Holyoke,MAMarch 20, 2013
This is a friendly hospital. There is a great realtionship between patients and staff. The managers are helpful and flexible with employees needs.
A small hospital with a big heart
Transporter/Floating CNA (ICU, Med Surg, Cardiac) (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 14, 2012
Working at Holyoke Medical Center was a rewarding experience. I began my career at Holyoke Medical Center in 2004 as a CNA. My patient care skills and superior work ethics were quickly noticed and I was offered the opportunity to train and earn certifications as a PCT and a BLS instructor. I was able to effectively work in many areas of the 200 bed medical center including; the ICU, Emergency Unit, and the Medical Surgery Unit. The management and directors of the medical center were frequently on the floors speaking with staff and patients. We were all treated with care and respect. Working at Holyoke Medical Center was a very fulfilling experience and I truly enjoyed working there.
Very good nursing staff
NURSE MANAGER - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 1, 2012
Dedicated staff, hard working, intelligent. Upper management very involved in the day to day management of the department.