Holyoke Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor management
Registration (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 20, 2017
Poor management, very unprofessional. Lack of training. Was very excited to work here and it went downhill fast. Pay is poor for the amount of work/hours expected
Pros
Time off is good, except they don’t want you to use it
Very Disappointing Place to Work.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 15, 2017
I would not recommended anyone to work there unless you would like being treated like a Slave with no privileges or an animal. Every Office Manager in HMC are cold hearted and could care less about their employees and only want all their department incentives for themeselves. People that work there are very selfish and inconsiderate of others.
Pros
Cons
They want your soul!!!!
Lack of training for employees to be effective a there job.
Payment Recording Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAOctober 26, 2017
There were not enough career advancements. Lack of training to be effective at your job. Management needed professional training.Great potential but lack of training with unrealistic expectations the company lost a lot of good employees.
Awesome
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 21, 2017
Great learning experience. Wonderful staff helped me seek my career field. Lots to learn from in the time that i was employed. Would definitely recommend.
Great Management
Medical Records Coder (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 20, 2017
The medical records department management team was very well organized as well as very understanding of employees personal affairs. They truly cared about the departments employees welfare. They truly had an open door policy and the employees felt welcome to enter at anytime.
Pros
Benefits at 30 hours per week
good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 2, 2017
good day at work
learn lote
good place with another culture
work with nurses
work hard some time went need rooms quick
no problems with management
Pros
good place inside and outside
my review
Case Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 22, 2017
I enjoy the work, the management it fair at best....some managers have no degrees but with experience are able to manage multi departments.
I recently went through an investigation process that I feel was handled poorly and has left bitter feelings for the work environment I am currently in.
Best place to work like family.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 22, 2017
If you want an amazing work experience it's HMC it's just like having a second family! They promote from within and everyone there is very professional.
Pros
Coworkers, pay
great place to work
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 2, 2017
Nice environment and great people. Great benefits and good management. A little bit outdated with technology, but they are catching up quickly. Recomended
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 12, 2017
I worked in a General Surgeons/GI office and enjoyed working here very much. On a typical day, I would room patients, take their vitals and set up exam rooms depending on the need of the patient. If required I would assist the physician in the room with minor procedures. The girls in this office were an awesome bunch of girls and we worked well together.
Pros
Great enviroment, free lunches at times
Cons
pay wasn't compatible with experience.

Want to know more about Holyoke Medical Center?

Ask a question
Fun
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 29, 2017
Work with great ppl every ones nice and polite. Good hours loved the job. Learned nice place to work.hardest part going in for 4 hrs.
Pros
Serving employees meeting new ppl
Cons
Not enough hours
Coworkers are great
Patient Observer (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 18, 2017
Definitely become like family working with others. Everyone is willing to help each other out. Depending what department you are in management is pretty good. They are understanding and will help you out if possible, especially if you are a student.
Low morale. Dirty work spaces.
Project Manager (Senior Application Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 28, 2016
Holyoke Medical Center provides a less than average level of professionalism. The work spaces (aside from the hospital rooms themselves) are dirty and unhealthy.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Unprofessional atmosphere. Dirty work spaces.
Lack of teamwork
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 29, 2016
Have worked there for 4 + years had 1 raise, there's no room for advancements and departments do not work as a team throughout the hospital. Not a very positive work environment to be in.
Productive workplace
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 27, 2015
A work environment that is conducive to thrive and achieve the next level of growth. The most enjoyable part of working at Holyoke Medical Center is helping patients and their healthcare team find and treat their diagnosis.
Nice place to work in.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work in the morings are very busy. The afternoon time is when it slows down a lot. The people I worked with at this job were very nice people and I enjoyed working with them. The only thing I did not like was my supervisor.
Pros
Good break times.
Cons
Pay for lunch
Co-workers and patients are great
CERTIFIED NURSES AIDE (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 15, 2015
Working in a hospital setting is great but those I work with on daily basis makes my day so much better.
Pros
workers
Cons
management
patient orientated
Administrative Assistant Legal Services (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 25, 2014
HMC was a patient orientated hospital and was in the process of implementing and restructuring as they are under the supervision of a new CEO. Due to the restructuring, there was alot of negative comments from employees. Due to restructuring, my position went down to a part time position from a full time position.

The employees there will do fine if they can remain positive and adopt to the many chances that the hospital is going through with new leadership. Many of the employees have been there over 20 years and it has been difficult for them. People tend to dislike things they don't understand. But if they would be patient and work as a team it will work out in the end.
Pros
pay scale was good and higher than most. Good benefits.
Cons
having a freeze on raises
Managers are friendly and fair
Intern (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 10, 2014
Each employee in the lab help one another. Everyone gets along and the managers will make you feel comfortable. This was a internship.
Pros
The managers take the time to know you and work fairly when passing extra hours.
Fun workplace with lots of friendly people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 7, 2014
Holyoke Medical Center was a great place to work. The management and co-workers were very friendly. Working at Holyoke Medical Center showed me how to work in a team. I really enjoyed working with all of my co-workers.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and management. Great benefits.