Holzer Health Systems Employee Reviews

Too many hours
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHAugust 31, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is Team Work. Least enjoyable being scheduled by people that have no idea how difficult it is to cover 3 of the largest counties in Ohio. I don't like the staff turnover.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Home time
not a good work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJuly 16, 2017
I went there thinking it was close to home. Very unorganized and not a stable place to work. They are discussing closing down or someone buying the place.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Every thing. Needs new management
love the people i work with
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHApril 21, 2017
People are very friendly and work well as a team. As Respiratory we cover the entire hospital and are often short staff and very busy. Management at this particular location is not her very often so you need to be self motivating.
Pros
close to home and good environment
Cons
pay isnt up to par
I worked in a small clinic
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHApril 19, 2017
The clinic I worked at was very small and a family atmosphere. I never got to work in the actual hospital, so I can't give any feedback there. In my clinic, we were a team and had a great office manager. M-F 8-430, so the hours were great for a family. Pay was just decent for an LPN in a small town.
Good workplace
BSN, RN (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHFebruary 12, 2017
My typical day at work was to care for patients and their families with their needs while they were admitted to our facility. I took care of med-surg patients and surgery patients. The hardest part of the job was never knowing what to expect happening to your patients, however, the most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to make a difference in someone elses' life.
Pros
Being able to have patient contact
Cons
sometimes not enough time with each patient.
Unstable beyond measure
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  MainNovember 30, 2016
This is not the company for you! Three CEO's in under three years. Three CFO's in under three years. Three CNO's in three years...They do not know what they are doing. People come and people go, there has not been a month during the last four years of my employment that someone was not bullied, pushed or forced out--people with decades of dedicated work. The worker bees of the organization are outstanding but they have been stomped on by the doctors and so called leaders. Bullying is a way of life, HR and upper management not only support it, they participate, but it is all covered up.

Do not go to work there, run the other way. Begging on the street is better than working here.

If I could give management a negative number, I would.
Pros
The worker bees are outstanding people.
Cons
Promises are made about retirement plan and wages, they are not kept. The leadership staff of this organization needs to go.
Horrible place
RN (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHAugust 3, 2016
Holzer is terrible place to work. CEO needs replaced. They cover up bad things happening to patients. All the good people have left.
Home Health
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJuly 14, 2016
This would be a decent job if it was organized better. Never got to talk to anybody on the phone because 99% of the communication was through email. Orientation was not properly prepared. It was hard to follow sometimes because it was listening by telephone call and following the speaker by computer. A lot of times I had missing papers in the packet. When out in the field orientating, I was never checked off on skills that was often seen in most visits, which was wound vacs and catheter changes so I couldn't see those patients. Every time it would put my schedule below the minimum 5 that I was required to see each day and sometimes the scheduler in Dayton wouldn't even give me the minimum (which I was told if I didn't see at least 5 clients a day for each missing visit it would be deducted out of my PTO and never did I have any time built up). Documentation was completed through a cell phone that they provide. It was a nightmare to get the hang of especially when you're asking the client's life history during every visit and having to document the same information 2-3 times in different places. On labs you couldn't just drop it off at a facility and leave. You had to take a picture of the lab slip and specimens then send it to 2-3 people in the office by email.
Pros
Make your own schedule.
Cons
Scheduling is outsourced in Dayton, lack of communication, too many miles put on personal car.
Loved my job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJuly 1, 2016
Helping patients with getting appointments and leaving messages with the doctors. Great place to work, friendly staff.
Pros
Cons
Having layoffs
Compitent home health agency
LPN FIELD NURSE (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHMarch 14, 2016
direct patient care, lab draws, sc and im injections, wound care of every kind, wound vac machine application and dressing changes. Keep in contact with charge nurse and inform of any new or worsening conditions. Obtain orders over the phone from doctors and write orders in pts. chart.
Pros
one on one patient care
Cons
too much favortism, had to travel too far daily
administration during merger went down hill and employees has to suffer from their mistakes.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHOctober 28, 2015
Holzer is no longer the caring place for its patients and employees. It turned into numbers, all about the numbers and money. Reduced staff is really hurting the patients who used to trust Holzer and continue to seek care there as well. You dont hear of surrounding places struggling with mismanagment as well as being so high in debt. Time for another bigger better hospital to come in buy them out!
Former Staff RN
RN (Former Employee) –  EverywhereSeptember 18, 2015
Too much drama. Everyone acts like they are the boss. No empathy for patients or employees. I had a major illness that could have ended my life. Oh well, was told I should have been at work. Floated frequently, nurse patient ratios are outrageous. They don't hold people accountable for negative actions. Horrible working environment. Foul mouths and no integrity for the nursing profession.
Pros
A job
Cons
See above.
Holzer Health Systems Nutrition Services
NUTRITION SERVICE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHMarch 18, 2015
If your looking for a job with a good amount of hours then this might be a job for you. I enjoyed my time there but it was time to move on. Lots of great people to work with and each day was different. Management wasn't the best since there has been a lot of changes in the last few years and the added stress that had been put on everybody.
Pros
Freindly people, hours, many different positions.
Cons
Food cost, Benefits, Pay, and Not feeling appreciated
Awful place to work.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OhioNovember 15, 2014
The residents are the only positive about this work place. Poor management, too much drama allowed. Low pay with no chance of a raise or advancement.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Low pay, understafffed, no raise
Pediatric unit
RN (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHAugust 20, 2013
13 bed Pediatric unit. We strive to make the children feel at home.