Hom Furniture Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 12, 2016
Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, and mail. Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions, suggesting information about other products and services.
Guest service job
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 17, 2016
This job you have to have great communication skills and always be ready for a challenge. You have to know how to work the AS400 system and to answer calls. You also work the cookie bake shop too
Great boss to work for.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 10, 2016
Sales people were great, but had some problems but got them worked out. I had gotten to know the areas we delivered to. Some were at lake areas. Had some problems getting furniture in but managed to get it in he homes.
Pros
Hours were different every week worked others hours when needed
Cons
None that I can remember
Worst employer Ever
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNAugust 29, 2016
I have learned that this is a short time employer, no room for advancement. Management is not run well at all. They do not appreciate their employees. They over work you for min wages.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
low wages, little benefits and no room for advancement
Commissioned Sales
Sales / Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJune 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for HOM Furniture, it was a beautiful place to go to everyday, commissioned sales in the furniture business is a hard way to go. There is no life balance you work nights and every weekend.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment
Cons
Commissioned Sales
Located in a great location, attainable by many customers/clients.
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is making connections with the most amazing people. I truly enjoy customer contact it is one of my greatest strengths.
Pros
Easy working atmosphere.
Cons
Competitive sales.
Pay not great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 21, 2016
I loved working in the flooring department, but it was the lowest paid flooring department in the area. My co-workers were fantastic. Management was approachable. My only complaint was the lack of pay.
A great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 25, 2016
A wonderful company, This is a great work environment. I have never had to worry about job security. A very calm and vibrant company that cares about its employees.
Its a decent place to work.
Furniture Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 14, 2016
Owners are good to their employees through their yearly banquets which are awesome, a great benefit package and year end bonus's. As long as you do your work and keep a good attitude you should be happy there. I was grateful to have steady employment although it caused me to work on weekends but that's retail for you. Co-workers are usually friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was trying to manage a route. There was however a good deal of satisfaction from your work at the end of the day. Overall not a bad place of employment. Special thanks to the owners for enabling me to feed my family and teach me the importance of retirement at a young age!
Pros
Good benefits, great yearly banquet.
Cons
Work the weekend.
Bad company Think twice
IS Support (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 14, 2016
Lets see here i worked the Corporate end....What i learned is the company lies about its values mainly the one about "learning and growth"....The management is your A-typical management some are good encouragin , while others are afraid you will take their job in the future because of how much you want to learn and are negative asshats...coworkers most were nice and under appreciated....the hardest part of the job bad managers....the most enjoyable part nice coworkers.
Pros
nice coworkers, nice location, and some nice benefits
Cons
Bad managers, cold building environment, under appreciation of workers, bad culture
Enjoyable low-stress atmosphere
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNDecember 23, 2015
Working at HOM Furniture was a significant cut above most retail jobs, but was retail sales nonetheless.

For motivated individuals who have no need of work/life balance, there is great potential here.
Pros
Mostly self-managed and motivated
Cons
Long time between fresh opportunities
I enjoyed working with the customers and my co-workers.
Sales Consultant - Seasonal Concepts (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 24, 2015
Company was very good to work for. Product was very good quality. Work hours were not the most family friendly. Location to home was very close.
Pros
Very close to home.
Cons
Had to work every weekend.
steady with a little rush, learned many applicable skills such as, inventory management,knowledge of product and its purposes
Customer Pickup Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJuly 26, 2015
overall simple job duties and very friendly staff that gets the job done, atmosphere is friendly and enjoyable, workload is distributed evenly
Great job, but hard to move up
Commission Sales Consultant/Lead (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 26, 2015
Great starting job, if you like working with customers and testing your sales techniques. It's all commission based, but pays well for those who succeed. Employees have always been friendly, but still need to double check everything, being it's still competitive. As a company, it's taken very good care of the employees. I don't regret my time here.
Pros
Pay, flexability
Cons
Downtime
Building my own business and styling homes
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJuly 25, 2015
I really enjoy HOM Furniture as a way to show off my creative style by working with clients to design rooms in their home or office. This is another way to build my clientele skills. I have been building a trust with my clients by seeing repeat business, clients calling for advice on new projects as well as new clients from their recommendations. Establishing a relationship with our vendors has been beneficial to understand the brands we sell on our sales floor as well as beyond through special orders and custom orders.
Pros
Brand building, clientele, beautiful showroom
Cons
Limitations as to what we can sell, not an advanced computer system.
Fun place to work with great co-workers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 20, 2015
This was a great job where I was not micro-manged and was given the ability to run my department how I saw fit. Management was very supportive.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Working every weekend and most holidays
Great work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 10, 2015
Always had a lot of fun working at Hom Furniture and made a lot of friends. Compensation was on the lower side but benefits were good. Also had to wear a uniform.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Low pay
No management support for advancement
Business Development And Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 2, 2015
Hindsight 20/20. Upon hiring, company doesn't provide an offer letter as they don't want anything in writing that states they are really hiring you as a commission only work every weekend salesperson.
Cons
No support for well rounded family life.
Great Work Environment
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IASeptember 15, 2014
Manager is a true pro! Loved the job and the customers but when October 2010 economic melt down hit the country, nobody wanted to buy furniture. Company downsized and I had to leave to avoid termination. Otherwise would still be there!
Pros
Great products and services
Cons
Retail Hours
Fun Job
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  mnAugust 11, 2014
Loved working with the employees, always a busy environment with a lot of team work. Learned a lot about furniture and how to deal with angry customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hom Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.