Hom Furniture

Hom Furniture Employer Reviews

Productive work place, busy schedule
Warehouse Associate 2 (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNDecember 14, 2013
Cons: bad work schedule, 2:30-11pm, thursday-monday.
Load and unload semi all day, send pieces to multiple stores through HOM throughout MN. Stock warehouse on lift, (Raymond lift). Scan items to keep in computer system through the company/warehouse. Clean warehouse after everything is done.
Little pay for work load
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNNovember 26, 2013
Pros: good company
Cons: drama filled call center, long hours, greety managers, and little pay
$11 an hour as a customer service representative is not worth it. They expect a lot and the work load is tough and made me overwhelmed. Not to mention the 3 big managers in the call center are friends and only care about themselves.
Excellent company to be with.
Delivery Asst.-Driver/ Delivery Router (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNOctober 7, 2013
Pros: co-workers, management, and overall workplace environment.
Cons: few. some changes could have been made, but were not necessary to perform as directed.
If the company had not had to change the routing procedures,I believe I would still be there. Stress was kept at a minimum, whenever possible, but my responsibilities remained the same,I was allowed sufficient time to complete the responsibilities. Some pressure at bonus payout reviews, but again time was allowed to assure accuracy, and satisfaction – more... of employees.. – less
A fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNAugust 23, 2013
The place was fun and really put a effort to please and reward their employees. They really seemed to care about the employees.
The management team was easy to work with.
The co workers were fun to work with.
Helped customers find what they needed!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 4, 2013
I would come into work and then we would have a staff meeting right off the bat. After that we would get prepared for customers to come in and look around. I would find what they needed and then try to sell to them. It was a wonderful experience!
Sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 26, 2013
I sold furniture and furniture accessories. Management left much to be desired.

Ariziu – June 3, 2013

Turned off by the endless interviewing for below living expenses wage. That old DM needs to go.

Good experience
Route Driver (Current Employee), Sioux City, IAFebruary 7, 2013
Hard work builds character
Customer interaction is great
I wish my schedule was a bit more predictable (Never know what time ill be off. I work 10-14 hrs a day)
I enjoyed working with my sister and enjoyed my co-workers
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNNovember 8, 2012
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: when needing help going to a lead/manager there were to busy looking at there avon, tupperwareand etc. books. it seemed like they weren't caring about the customers needs.
I enjoyed helping Hom Furniture customers be happy with there new product when a delivery went bad. I was a great customer service rep and had lots of awards to show for my work.
NO Life out side of work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 19, 2012
Cons: really bad health care!
They will tell you only 43 hours a week but it will end up being 47-56 more often than not. They are always asking you to work an extra day and if you say no they just give it to you on the next weeks schedule. I often had 2-3 12 hour days, at least one a week. The manager often only let the people that they go out drinking with take a full break. The – more... rest of us had to only take half a break. If you are planing to work for this company, plan to loose touch with all your friends and miss all family events. They also do late night events where you have to work 9am to 12:30am with only one hour break! – less
Unfair and unrealistic sales opportunities.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 28, 2012
There were a lot of broken promises. Unrealistic goals. Broken promises, unfair sales opportunities.
Fun work day with alot of people interaction
Customer Pick up lead/Delivery team lead (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNJune 4, 2012
Start the day unloading merch. for customer pick-up and stage for adding to inventory. I learned to get a good grasp of customer service, and shipping/receiving. Great crew always willing to lend a hand.