Home Bank

Home Bank Employee Reviews

Great workplace to start off your career in banking
Floating Universal Banker (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunities to expand your product knowledge and help customers
Cons: little advancement
A typical day at Home Bank would be to be attentive to customer needs ready to assist and answer any questions that they might ask.
Go over product knowledge and the weekly communications in the morning huddle. Preform all duties accurately and in compliance with the regulations of the banks policies.Answer phone calls in a polite energetic manner. Balance ATM, open accounts, close accounts, accept loan applications, preform wire transactions, stop payments, order checks, order debit cards, close debit cards, get referrals, assist tellers, assistant manager and branch manager on their daily duties.
I learned about the numerous products and services that Home Bank offered.
My coworkers were very upbeat, sweet and fun to work with. They had a great work ethic.
The hardest part of the job was that customer volume wasn't always high.
The most enjoyable part of working for Home Bank was the close personal customer relationships you got to make with the customers.
Trying to forget it
Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: Great customers
Cons: Poor upper mgmt
Overworked, under appreciated, little support from upper mgmt. The operations of the bank is a run away train, the exact definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The weight of the world rests on the shoulders of the retail staff while upper mgmt sits at main office pointing their finger at everyone.
Summary
Senior Bank Officer/Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee), Lafayette, LADecember 31, 2014
Great place to work in Lafayette. Great people. Great place to work in Lafayette. Great people.
Great Bank and great management.
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAOctober 29, 2014
Great place to work for. Home town bank with a great management team.
Teller, worked in Call Center and Document Image Department
Teller & Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: i enjoy assisting customers and i excelled in cross selling bank products
Cons: after leave of absence due to surgeries (wasn't job related), my job transpired
Set up cash drawer, Log on computer, greet customers, paying and receiving cash, accept loan payments, processed money orders, credit card payments, assist customer to sign-in vault, balanced vault, replenished and balanced ATM, cross selling bank products, balance cash drawer.
Also worked in Customer Service Call Center. Answer customer calls and inquiries about bank accounts, CD rates, current loan interest rates, change address, researched discrepancies, verified balances, stop payments, research, and provided bank product knowledge.
Worked in Document Imaging Department where I played a vital role in organizing the work flow, identified documents, scanned, and filed loan and other bank documents electronically in system accordingly. Filed paper documents in vault, maintained a record of old destroyed files.
HOME HEALTH
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 30, 2014
Cons: pay
HELPING THE ELDERLY WITH DAILY TASKS WAS OK. MAKES YOU APPRECIATE HEALTH AND GIVES YOU A GOOD FUZZY FEELING. CONS: THE PAY.
teller
Teller (Former Employee), Maryville, TNJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches every day, bonus
Cons: sold to larger bank
Wonderful company to work for. Great benefits and bonus. Cross trained employees. No sales pressure.
Great place to work. Great people to work with.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee), LafayetteJuly 16, 2013
A typical day at work for me is usually spent in my cubicle. I have learned alot here such as Teller, Head Teller, Vault Teller and Mortgage Loan Processing. Managment here is great and everyone and very flexible. Everyone I work/ have worked with are great people. They are very friendly and always team oriented. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet so many great customers.
Great work environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 3, 2013
At Home Bank I learned a little bit of accounting. I was in charge of Accounts Payable and I was the main contact for this job.
A really good experience
CSR/Teller (Former Employee), Murphy, NCApril 13, 2013
I worked in both the Main Bank and the Walmart branch. I did mostly teller and customer service work. I left about the time BB&T bought it.
Department undergoing restructuring
Deposit Services/Bookkeeping Operations Associate (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: advancement/work-life balance
Detailed and time sensitve duties performed with limited supervision in an extremely busy environment
Not neccessaily a great place to work.
Overworked (Former Employee), LafayetteMay 22, 2012
Pros: great place to learn and hone your skill sets.
Cons: no recognition and low pay, long hours and unrealistic work expectations.
Management's drive is for themselves and not the poeple that put them at the top. They are misguided and have no direction. The hours are long, the pay is low, and there is no recognition. It is a stepping stone. My former boss has gone through 6 employees in 3 1/2 years.
Worst Job Ever
Teller (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 11, 2012
Pros: learn banking
Cons: hours, bad co coworkers, worst management
The work environment is very negative. If you are not related to anyone or you are not friends than you are treated as an outsider. They do things that benefit them and not the customers. There is no room for growth unless you are a friend or relative of someone higher up.
Great Benefits, Lower than usual pay, Great HR department
Financial Analyst - Accounting (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAOctober 19, 2011
Caring culture, but tight deadlines. Annual mergers and acquisitions keep employees working late hours.