Home Builders Institute Employee Reviews

Summary
Carpentry Pre Apprentice Certification (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYDecember 5, 2017
The work days where very self passed but there was a certain amount of time to complete. Jobs where simple if you are used to doing construction. Some jobs may be hard but can be done.
This was a great company but it lost a major contract and no longer exists in this area.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2017
Company in Nashville was solely dependent on a government contract and lost the bid after 19 years. Therefore, it no longer exists in this area. Was a great company/job until it ended and closed its doors.
n/a
Building Construction Technology Trainee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2017
I like working on plumbing and putting up dry wall. I learned how to take out toilets and putting in new ones, I also learned how to take down walls and build new ones and classrooms.
Great place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 9, 2017
Loved working there. Would recommend this employer. The working conditions were good. The people I worked with were easy to get along with and atmosphere was good.
Good place to learn
Building Construction Technology Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 4, 2017
You can gain tons of skills while you are here like all of the basic skills from the hard trades and can interpret them into the jobs that we do on a daily basis.
Regarding Home Builders institue
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ILOctober 2, 2017
This was a very great course to gain a Building Maintenance apprenticeship in. I loved the work ethic and the teachers way of instructing his students. I learned a lot of valuable information pertaining to Building Maintenance that I can use for my future career.
Pros
Great Instructor
Cons
No lunch breaks
Productive training program
Pre-Apprenticeship Trainee (Former Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLSeptember 12, 2017
This is not a formal review as I have not worked for this company but instead was a certified trainee within this program. I recommend the training program to any that have the opportunity.
Trade
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Monroe, VAAugust 29, 2017
I was a student in Old Dominion Job Corps Center was I was taking the Building Construction Technology trade for the Home Builders Institute and it was a awesome experience for me. I would tell others to also try to gain a trade through the Home Builders Institute.
Trainee
Carpentry Trainee (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYAugust 23, 2017
It was a lovely place. I love doing the work and learning everything I have learned. I didn't really like working in the heat. We would complete the task in a timely fashion that we set for the day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
heat
Overall Good Experience
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Callicoon, NYJuly 24, 2017
I came into the Job Corps training facility not knowing anything in the electrical field but came out knowing enough to become an apprentice in the field. My instructor let us practice in make shift residential training areas so we could practice and we also had actual hands on experiences with wiring a camera system, bending conduit for whatever needed to be installed, working on exit signs or fixing faulty outlets, and installing an underground PVC pipe to a junction box supplying power to light fixtures in the area.
Pros
Free Residence, Free Lunch
great company
Instructor (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 23, 2017
very good company to work for. there mission is about training and they have a passion for it. providing training to the populations the many others prefer to ignore.
Very productive
Electrician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2017
this company shows its devotion to its trade on how the people are put to work together as a team and have a safety culture based on the safety of yourself and others in an attempt to keep the environment safe for others who would later join them.
Productive and fast paced workplace culture
Electrical Pre Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 26, 2017
This program helped me have a full understanding of my trade and managed to peruse my career in the Electrical field. I have also learned time management and to take upon leadership roles.
Pros
Free education
Super fun workplace with a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2017
Not for the faint of heart, only hard dedicated workers who want to further their carpenter careers. The work hours are plentiful and the pay ranging on if your a novice or master can be anywhere from $10 to over $25 an hour. Your schedule can be flexible to meet your daily needs so come apply cause we're always hiring and everyone needs a house..especially in Florida.
i really enjoyed going to work there
Forman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Cassadaga, NYJune 9, 2017
they had tauten all the thing that i need to be very employable as a electrician.
i sowed up for work about an hour early and started work on what i was doing
Pros
it was a trade school
The best place to learn a trade that you'll love.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Monroe, VAJune 5, 2017
The HBI was the best overall school when it came to learning your trade and executing every aspect of your trade to perfection.The best part of it was my co-workers and classmates who learned and worked with me. Besides the transition from class and work everyday the hardest part of the job was to not enjoy the work.
Productive work place with great insight and room for growth and development
Electrical Pre-Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Golconda, IL 62938April 29, 2017
I enjoyed working and training under HBI. It was fun but also challenged me. The instructor was very helpful and provided a positive work enviroment..
productive
Student (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 27, 2017
Overall good experience working along side the company and understanding the basic concepts of electrical wiring. I would prefer to another student looking to get into the electrical field
Productive place to work
Construction Plumbing, Pre-Apprentice (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 25, 2017
Really great opportunity if your focused and committed to learning.
a typical day here consist of waking up at 6 and getting strait to work, cleaning up our living quarters, and then after breakfast, we're either working on maintenance and repair on center or doing in class work on the floor or book work.
Interactive Training Program
Facility Maintenance Trainee (Former Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FL 32435April 21, 2017
The Home Builder's Institute provided me the opportunity to advance my skills in the construction trades by providing me both classroom and hands on training in the basic construction tools, materials, safety, and math requirements of today's trade industry.