Home Builders Institute Employee Review

View all Home Builders Institute reviews

It was great to have a instructor to show all you need to know about the the trade you are in.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work starts off with me speaking and greeting everyone I walked past and see. Then my day begin with working on any given assignment the group is assign. I learn about basic things like the live feed when dealing with electrical, the different type of elbows, fiitings and pipes such as 90 drgree and 45 degree elbow, t- and y- fittings, cpvc, pvc and how to soldering when dealing with copper plumbing. I learned how to brass and the differents between condensing and heat pump units. I learned how to detect a leak in a system and how to solve it. I know how to use power and hand tools. I learned about safety on a ladders and scaffles. I know how to determine what type of refrigerant is in a system. The management at Home Builders Institute is excellent. They show you and explain to you any and every thing possible but they are strict you must come into Home Builders Institute ready to work. My co-workers are just like family we eat togather sometimes and play around a little but when its time to work we get the job done. The hardest part of the job was getting to know people because I was a very shy person but once i opened up and just relaxed everything falled in place. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was working. I love to work day in and day out. Get it done and make it perfect. To go back and look at my work and see its just amazing is the joy I have when I come to work.

Other Home Builders Institute Employee Reviews

Summary
Carpentry Pre Apprentice Certification (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYDecember 5, 2017
The work days where very self passed but there was a certain amount of time to complete. Jobs where simple if you are used to doing construction. Some jobs may be hard but can be done.
This was a great company but it lost a major contract and no longer exists in this area.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2017
Company in Nashville was solely dependent on a government contract and lost the bid after 19 years. Therefore, it no longer exists in this area. Was a great company/job until it ended and closed its doors.