HOME CARE ASSISTANCE

HOME CARE ASSISTANCE Employee Reviews

Home Care Assistance
Staff Coordinator/Human Resources (Current Employee), South Bend, INJune 16, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to move up in the company.
Cons: Under New Management
Fast paced home care assistance agency. Helped with matching caregivers to clientele based on their needs and also skill set.
Horrible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2015
Pros: The families
Cons: The management staff
At first the staff were very kind, though as time went they were very inconsiderate of a personal life. They put me in many situations that were not good. They also worked me very long hours and had me going from client to client from morning to night. On occasions I would have to work all day and would have to work an over night, in telling them that I feel that it is unsafe to provide direct care under those conditions I was told to bad. Just an over all bad experience. I was very grateful for the wonderful families that I provided direct care to, they were the light at the end of the tunnel.
Just like all of the others
Management (Current Employee), OhioApril 1, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: No benefits, no work life balance, poor client care
Don't be fooled by this company and their claim of doing more and doing better. They are just like any other agency. If you want to be on call 24/7 with hands off management who don't know the first thing about healthcare, then this is the place for you! The Cognitive program is a joke that desperate families fall for hook, line and sinker. They are continually short staffed but accept new clients all in an effort to make more money. Tons of call offs, resulting in families and client's having no care, plus a person in charge of scheduling who made multiple errors and was not held accountable for performance.
just a really nice company to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 23, 2015
Pros: its a more personalable job becaues you spend so much time alone with the client
Cons: since you work alone there is no one to bounce ideas off of
I basically good to the patients home and take of their personal needs as well as make sure their home is in order. You get to know the family a lot better you almost become a family member yourself because you are the only caregiver most of the time
Quiet workplace and fun at times
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), New Iberia, LADecember 20, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: no health benefits
I assisted my client with daily ADL's and took 15 minutes walks per day as an exercise routine. I did not work aside any of my coworkers because this was more personal duties. My manager was a great, he made sure I was comfortable and happy with my job. He was strict about client care; a happy client is a healthy client! The hardest part about the job was managing my time while attending nursing school. The most enjoyable part of the job is building the rapport that I built with my client.
n'a
Caregiver (Former Employee), Mulberry, FLDecember 15, 2014
n/a dont have one
mangaement i dont have one. i just want to get
Upbeat work place
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Brimingham,MIDecember 3, 2014
Maintain heavy call volume, and carried out great customer service skills
nice
PCA (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2014
Pros: independancy
Atypical day at work is, scheduling appointments, doctors visits, companionship. Management is friendly, my coworkers are pleasant, Hardest part of the job is loosing a client, the most enjoyable part of the job is I love being beneficial to those that need me.
I like the company
Assist clients (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2014
Nice office staff. Enjoy the fact that they want to give you work.
Challeging career opportunity but no room for growth
Staffing Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 4, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: on call 24/7
I am part of a three person office. The job is both demanding and rewarding. However, my background as an Administrative Assistant is poor utilized in this role that is much more HR activities. My co workers are awesome and I love my staff. However, there is no potential for growth with this company at this time and after a year of being on call 24/7 for a staff of 30+ employees as well as 20 clients and their families I am looking forward to regaining a personal life.
Good place to work for if you're committed to staying a CNA
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: positive caring administrator, flexible
Cons: no benefits, small pay raise, no advancement, no security, no direct deposit, no digital documenting
In-home caring of clients and at times sitter cases at hospitals, assisted living facilities, and even hospice. Administrator is very active in the field such as home visits with clients and holds staff appreciation meetings at least a couple times a year. Most co-workers were willing to pitch in when necessary. The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication between the RN and the client's family as far as CNA duties and what we were told as far as what we are or are not to do for clients. It caused so much confusion and sometimes resentment towards caregiver. There is no room for advancement unless applying for RN or marketing job. Otherwise, HCA is pleasant.
Good place to work as many clients
Caregiver (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: i receive and benefit from being able to help my clients with their needs.
Cons: i am not able to utilize all of my nursing qualifications due to working only as a caregiver.
I help clients with bathing, ambulation, medication reminders, oxygen administration, scheduling and driving to appointments, assist with wound care, provide companionship and support.
Very happy with the experience
Caregiver (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 29, 2014
It was very rewarding to work with all of the patients and I loved it. Management was great and worked well with my schedule. There was always things to do.
A pleasure working with the elderly
Caregiver (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: being able to assist and support
Cons: loosing them
The patients are as excited for me to come to their homes as I am. They wait patiently for your arrival. We enjoy watching tv together, putting together a puzzle or just taking a walk. They begin to trust your judgements that concern their care, and trust your decisions.
Ok
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2014
Great company, but no room for advancement , good business truly belive in the company and what they stand for. Would have like to grow with the company, but at this time was unable to.
Client caregiver for in home clients
Client Care Representative (Current Employee), Holladay East, UTJune 22, 2014
Pros: helping people
I enjoy this job, meeting and getting to know people while helping them in their homes. I prepare meals and clean up afterwards. Assist clients in the start of their day, getting up, showered, dressed and exercises. Also light housekeeping and errands.
Good Place to Work
Client Care Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2014
Everyone was great and I learned a lot. You constantly are learning new things and meeting all kinds of people.
Good Company to work for.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: good pay rates.
Cons: offices 3 hours away from my new location
Excellent company to work with, unfortunatelly they don't have agencies in the vecinities, the nearest one is in San Diego.
nice work
Caregiver / Assistant (Former Employee), Danville, CAFebruary 26, 2014
I work as caregiver for geriatric patient in walnut creek , good pay but too far from where I live... but I work there for like a year
fun workplace
Live-in Caregiver (Current Employee), Conway, ARJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, get to meet new people
Your typical work day with home care assistance is you go in do what needs to be done and then just be there for the clients as needed or should I say as a companion.

HOME CARE ASSISTANCE Salaries