HOME CARE ASSISTANCE Employee Reviews in United States

Stable Clientele
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 2, 2016
Livable work hours
Ongoing Training
Diversified Clientele
Various work hours
Home care
Pros
They're work with you
Cons
no advancements
Look elsewhere
Live-In Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 9, 2016
Used to be a great company when locally owned. Since purchased by corporate office, they specialize in disorganization, non-communication and incompetence. On a good day.
Pros
The clients
Cons
to many to list
Laid back but not great
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 6, 2016
I had my doubts about this company from the beginning. After clients expressed their concerns and disappoints with the company's management as well as other co-workers, I am certain about how I feel. A lot of excuses are made for not being more professional and treating clients like a human being with free will. A lot of controlling and manipulation takes place everyday. Sad to have heard and seen clients cry because of how they're treated through this company. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking or needing assistance.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Constant complaints from clients
Certified Nurse Assistan
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2016
I have developed proper quality care and great customer service quality between clients and company without burning the bridges of confidentiality and autonomy.
Taking care of kids
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 16, 2015
A typical day at work is me waking up 6 am to get the kids ready for school, and out the door to the bus. I had to learn time management, patience, flexibility and compassion to work successfully with children.
Pros
I love working with children
Cons
none so far
caregiver for a senior care
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRDecember 16, 2015
taking care of a senior with a historial of a stroke, helping with meal, bathing, and company. reminder of medicine at time.
Not Good
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLDecember 9, 2015
Management was disorganized, horrible communication, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and lack of knowledge in this field. No benefits at all. Work you like a dog and do not care about your well being/personal life. Hard to get time off unless you put the other caregiver in a position because they do not have enough staff for coverage or work. High turn over rate, no incentives, under paid for the work we do as caregivers. The only thing I liked was working with the other caregivers and most of the families.
Pros
Working with other Caregivers and families
Great communication
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, CODecember 1, 2015
Great management.
Being that it was a home care service we rarly saw co workers or management. However they made sure to be in contact regularly, and there was always company parties were we could meet our co workers.
Great communication.
Excellent and fun patients to work with.
Pros
oppurtunity to learn, always busy
Cons
no healthcare, no benefits
Home Care
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MINovember 4, 2015
Very stressful and this is a job that is 24/7. You have to be to involved with families and there issues on a daily basis. This is never a 9-5 job and you are not paid any over time.
enjoyable job and nice people
CWI (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYOctober 25, 2015
i enjoyed this very much working with the disabled people making them smile and showing them they are the same as everyone else they are such a joy to be around and talk to i learned how to make people feel more comfortable and showed him how to talk to people the hardest part would be trying to make there day better when they are very upset the most enjoyable part is spending time with them
Pros
making them smile
Cons
Home care is very rewarding work .
HOSPICA CNA (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 21, 2015
Cna hospice work I learned and and the most enjoyable part of the job was giving the best of care to all patients. The hardest part was when they were so sick at most times . All co workers all helped out at all times. Fun place to work also every one was always supportive al all times.
Pros
FREE LUNCHS
Cons
SHOT BREAKS
Job
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dallas txOctober 20, 2015
Love it because I love helping people and being able to make a difference in peoples life's. Build a long term relationship with my clients and being able to meet new people as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not hard work to me
They care about clients
Hospice Aide/home care (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 29, 2015
They care about clients but not employees. They short pay, they twist the contract you sign to pay you less money. Employees get No BENIFETS at all. No vacation, no PTO with pay. No health insurance offered, no sick days, No paid holidays. They are all about the corporate office and have had franchise owners sell the business with out telling the employees,
Pros
I meet great clients
Cons
No health care offered no vacation or PTO, no sickdays. NO BENIFETS AT ALL
Home Care Giver
Home Health Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2015
I currently have a client that I do a live in situation with which is about to end but I have helped her with bathing, personal care, taking her to appts, would care, medication reminders, transferring and ambulating.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great money
Cons
Not enough time at home, very hard to lift and ambulate her
this company was very helpful they helped me improve my skills when it comes to caring for someone
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Danville, CASeptember 25, 2015
they provided sufficient trainings and helped me improved my skills when it comes to caring for someone. the staff were all helpful when it comes to scheduling
I enjoy the clients I work for
Home Health Aide` (Current Employee) –  Whitefish BayAugust 25, 2015
Good company to work for with a excellent staff. You are able to grow within the company from live in shift to hourly shifts. There is always someone in office to help with any issues that may arise.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
I think to be a caregiver or companion person is something you must love from your heart.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 23, 2015
I really enjoy working with others with a positive attitude,never have a problem to get along with my co-workers even management.
Decent job if you don't mind the travel
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2015
Nice managers. Some clients can be evil. But good job for the most part. You can work as many hours as you chose. Kind of flexible.
Pros
Overtime, hours of your choosing.
Cons
Client can request not to have you, or they pass away and you end up with no hours.
Stressful
Care Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJJune 25, 2015
Very long and stressful day.

Co-workers were nice.

The hardest part was that you had to be on call 24/7.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a client satisfied with the service.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
No health benefits or time for lunch
Home Care Assistance
Staff Coordinator/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 16, 2015
Fast paced home care assistance agency. Helped with matching caregivers to clientele based on their needs and also skill set.
Pros
Opportunity to move up in the company.
Cons
Under New Management