HOME CARE ASSISTANCE

HOME CARE ASSISTANCE Employer Reviews

nice work
Caregiver / Assistant (Former Employee), Danville, CAFebruary 26, 2014
I work as caregiver for geriatric patient in walnut creek , good pay but too far from where I live... but I work there for like a year
fun workplace
Live-in Caregiver (Current Employee), Conway, ARJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, get to meet new people
Your typical work day with home care assistance is you go in do what needs to be done and then just be there for the clients as needed or should I say as a companion.
Excllent place to work and friendly office enviornment
Human Resources Rep/Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Kenilworth, ILJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: family enviornment, open door policy
Cons: weekend on call and working 7ays a week sometimes
This is an excellent company to work for if you're starting your career. The knowledge obtained from senior management is worth working here, they definitely help you grow as a person.
productive and fun work place,loved working with new clients
caregiver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2013
Pros: love those bonuses
Cons: no affordable insurance
First thing would walk property and clean, went to bank, fax over all deposits and Monday reports,cleaned office daily, along with any vacant unit so they would be ready to rent, did marketing on Fridays, spoke with incoming calls for storage prices ,gave them a special at times for first time move ins ,mangement company was good and supportive always – more... new things and laws to learn, I loved

customers always came back to see me, because they said I was friendly and I showed I cared about them, I would go the extra mile for clients and they loved it and always told other people which brought me new clients ,enjoyed my job, never missed a day always,
ready for the next day , always looking for new clients to walkin or calls,even when I wasn't on the job always selling our storage units
for rent and would give them a great deal and left my business card with them, and said comeand see us and our property. – less
Working with different people
Caregiver (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 29, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no insurance
This job made me realize how much people really do need a lot of help when they live by themselves. I enjoyed my coworkers and they were very friendly to get along with.
Excellent place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2013
Family run, owned, and operated by people who are hardworking and 100% dedicated to the cause. This is a special place to work, learn, and grow as a person and as a professional.
Poor communication
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARJuly 3, 2013
Cons: my supervisors will not communicate with me to let me know when i can start working.
I was hired 3 weeks ago and have only been called twice to work. I have called numerous times to see about my work schedule and no one will call me back or let me know what is going on. I really was looking forward to working with them but cant survive not having any working hours and just being called once every 2 weeks so I am looking for another – more... job to fulfill more hours as a means to survive. – less
Caring people who truly understand the importance of clients wanting to remain in the comfort of their own home.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAMay 30, 2013
Pros: working with mr. kinder as he was a visionary and the staff at corp.
It was very rewarding to have our clients be satisfied with our professionalism and services. Our care manager was well versed in handling family matters involving non-agreement as to the care of the client. Our RN assessment of care for the clients assured the family & clients they would receive the best possible care. The caregivers have caring hearts – more... of gold and truly loved taking care of the client.

Phone calls were assessed as to potential new clients or caregivers employment inquires, employee payroll questions, and clients invoice questions and directed to the proper person. I handled payroll and invoice questions, solved issues as they occurred. Reviewed invoice for processing of payment, and ordered office supplies.

Assisted the Marketing Director with special projects and ordering of marketing material & supplies.

Control of employee's personal files and clients files along with submission to LTC insurance for reimbursement to the client.

Best part when a client gets well enough to terminate our service. The hardest part is when we get the phone call the clients has passed away.

My co-workers all enjoy helping the clients continue with a productive life style as best they can under their circumstances. – less
Very Good Company
Caregiver (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2012
Pros: paid well
Cons: nothing
Very professional and care, people a very nice always there for you.
I really like work for this company.
Overview of working at Home Care Assistance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), South Bend, INJuly 7, 2012
It is a small company that assist the elderly. In the morning i make sure people are clocked in for their shifts. I update files in KanTime, and file information, scan, email, fax information. answers telphones, take messages. Its 4 employee's in this office. The hardest part of my job is finding people to be on weekend on-call caregivers.
Too new to judge
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEMay 29, 2012
Pros: pizza on payday
Cons: no payment for overtime
New franchise and slowly getting clients. They believe in matching caregivers and clients not just assigning shifts. Not sure who the boss is when it comes to solving problems. The company will thrive with time.
Excellent company
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2012
Pros: excellent providers of care
Cons: tough benefits
Home Care Assistance is an excellent company to work for. The owners believe in true family values and the importnace of family and providing quality care to all clients.
Productive place to work with varied clients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Monroe Township, NJ 08831February 19, 2012
Pros: independent work.
Cons: you work on-call always.
Calls are on the spur of the moment so all of the work is on call and only to supplement your income. The people are organized and friendly as well as professional to work with.
Unprofessional
Caregiver (Former Employee), OakvilleMarch 13, 2014
Cons: unreasonable pay (work 24 hours, paid for 10?!)
Very poorly run in oakville ontario . Treat you badly if u don't tell them what they want to hear . I do not recommend this company .
to care for your people
Assisting the patient (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2014
my job is to make people happy
tro be there when the need me cook food and take care of everythink the need me do
i love to work as team my hardest par is when you loos you person that is haedes part for me because you feel like you be the part of the life
enjoyable part for is when you patient make fan of you or when you have fan sing song and dance – more... i love to be there with them when is good time and bad time – less
TYPICAL DAY EVERYDAY.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 4, 2014
WORKING AT HOME CARE ASSISTANCE IS FUN, ENJOYABLE. WORKING AT DIFFERENT FAMILY, WITH DIFFERENT BELIEFS, WANTS AND NEEDS ARE SO MUCH TO LEARN. EVERYDAY IS ALWAYS BRAND NEW. LOTS OF SURPRISES. BUT I LOVE IT, BECAUSE DEALING WITH OTHER PEOPLE I LEARNED A LOT OF THINGS. THAT I CAN SHARE TO MY CURRENT CLIENT WHO HE/SHE MAY BE. AND I GROW AS A PERSON.
AVERAGE
Caregiver (Current Employee), West Vancouver, BCMay 15, 2013
Pros: home care assistance university
Cons: short hours, low pay
OUR COMPANY JUST STARTED ABOUT 3-4 YEARS AGO IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN. THEY ARE PRETTY YOUNG IN THE BUSINESS BUT, THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN RECOGNIZED AND TRUSTED. THEY DO NOT HAVE THAT MUCH BENEFIT THOUGH, WHICH IS FRUSTRATING, AND SOME OF THE HOURS ARE SHORT. I AM WORKING WITH ELDERLY AND SO FAR I AM ENJOYING IT SINCE I GREW UP WITH MY GRAND PARENTS.