Home Care Delivered Employee Reviews in United States

ok
Enrollment Bilingual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 25, 2016
it was a good place to work at the co workers were very nice and helpful. I learned a lot about medical supplies management needs to be more on the same page my job was very rewarding helping the clients
Pros
lunch time
Cons
mangement
Please don't work here
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 9, 2015
This is honestly the worst place I have EVER worked. The management is incompetent but somehow micromanages your every action. Their policies are set up to help you fail and not succeed. The pay is minimal and the benefits are horrible. The turnover rate is sky high. Please don't do this to yourself.
Pros
nothing
Cons
micromanagement, terrible benefits, low pay, low morale, bad work environment
Stay away
MDA (Former Employee) –  Glen AllenOctober 5, 2015
This company is terrible! High turnover rate. People are always quitting. They will also fire you at the drop of a dime. Micro managed, low pay, I could go on. A few members of management have also left. This is a locally owned company with quite a few family members. If you have to take this job, I feel bad for you.
Pros
Ice maker
Cons
Low pay, micro managed, high turnover, No tuition reimbursement, no bonuses, company all for itself.
N/a
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 12, 2015
A typical day can be overwhelming, with no support and even less empathy. Management ignores the hard workers and rewards the complainers.
If you have a heart for the elderly or disabled this would be a good oppurtunity for you.
Medical Documentation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 5, 2015
I've been employed at HCD for over 6 months now and I can honestly say is a great company to work for. Managers and workers take pride in assisting their clients and making sure they are satisfied at all cost. I know someone who receives supplies from the company and their delivery rate is normally quick. With any company your going to receive negative criticism but if I were a patient I would be willing to put my trust in the company and that says a lot.
Pros
great work environment. hardly felt overwhelmed with work
Cons
many medical companys must endure the inclement weather.
A good company that is on the fast track to filling a specific medical need for many people across the United States.
Sr. Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 19, 2014
I am privileged to say that I had an important part in the growth of Home Care Delivered from a company of about 60 employees to the recent explosion of over 200 employees. Often I describe my work day as stepping out of my car and into a tornado! The nature of the job was "urgency" in providing much needed supplies for patients in their homes. From the beginning I felt cared for on a personal level by our management teams. For eight years I had the same supervisor and I must say the best one that I have ever had! In the last year things have become a lot more sterile and impersonal as the company transitioned from a small company to a large call center. However, I do understand that the changes that have taken place recently were necessary. My co-workers were the best! It is very much a family type of atmosphere although I admit that the larger the company has become, the more challenging this has been to maintain. The hardest part of the job is the unhealthy practice of having to sit for extremely long periods of time without getting up, but the urgency of what we do there almost dictates that as necessary. My favorite part of the job is the sense of family that exists with our long time customers. They truly love us at HCD because of how well we take care of them. It broke my heart to say goodbye to some folks that I had served for 9 years.
Pros
great benefits. company wide company meetings each month.
Cons
metric requirements
Good employees.. Bad management
Patient care representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 6, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy... Micro management is overwhelming .
Cons
micro management, bad hours, inadequate amounts of training, uptight work place
Great Experience Fun Enviorment
New Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 8, 2014
Great job good benefits fun people. lots of responsibility always changing
Pros
co workers management
Cons
location
Too much micro management
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 9, 2013
This is not a long term company I would want to pursue my career at.
Pros
overtime
Cons
watched like a hawk
Review summary of previous employer
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 30, 2012
A typical day at work for me. I would come in at the start of my shift or sometimes earlier if there was available overtime. Take incoming calls, make outgoing calls, Dealing with paper work needed in order for certain insurance companies to cover certain medical supplies, etc. Loved my team. Managers were great and team mates were as well. We were all a family and treated each other with kindness and respect with all times.
Pros
the company showed there appreciation
Cons
the shift that i had to work and could not change.
Would not recomend
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 6, 2012
I got sick and was in the hospital. I had been there six weeks. I was let go while on medical leave.
Pros
other than being let go on medical leave, was a good company to work for
Cons
the company put's it's employees last

2.7