Home Care for Maine Employee Reviews

Great company
PSS (Current Employee) –  traveledSeptember 24, 2015
Great company to work for. I love working with my clients. Tasks include ADL's, meal prep and some bathing. There was never any task required of me that I couldn't do.
Pros
variety of clients
Cons
some travel
Rewarding experience
Personal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, MEAugust 15, 2015
Great experience meeting a variety of elderly consumers with physical limitations. Management needs to work on communication but other than that, good place to work over-all.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
the pay was low
company don't care about there workers
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, MEAugust 4, 2015
This company has alot of manage problems they don't care about there workers Safety in the clients homes. They sent me into a home that had no running toliet and no water in home, it was unsafe for Client an I home was unclean had fleas,couldn't walk into the home she was a hoarder had no place for her son to sleep or bathroom no way to clean his cloths or feed him his meals.They had no Fire Alarms at all nothing for Fire Extinguishes no heat at all. Then the other home I was to work at smoked with a Oxygen Tank 24 hours.The Company knew all of this.
Pros
pay 10 an hour
Cons
Safety for workers
Not enough hours
Personal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, MEJuly 1, 2015
This job is great for anyone who has very few commitments. While the employer made efforts to work out schedules that met consumer and worker needs, this often made for long days of split schedules. A typical day might have you caring for a consumer in the early morning and then returning later that night to get them ready for bed.

I enjoyed caring for people in their homes so they could maintain independence. The hardest part of the job was having to stand by and let people make poor choices - because that is their right.

Ultimately this job did not have a consistent schedule or provide enough hours. Many of the positions at this company are per-diem or on-call. Anyone with young children may find this role a challenge.
Pros
Free training
Cons
inconsistent schedules
i enjoy working for the company.
Personal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  bingham maineJuly 27, 2014
I like working for the company but just tired of traveling everywere and not makeing no money and not getting more then 13 hours.
Work with good people that need ones help.
Personal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gardiner, MEJune 9, 2014
Help those that are elderly and/or disabled in their homes so that they can remain at home and not in a nursing facility.
Home health care independantly
Home Health Care Provider, PSS (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, MENovember 6, 2013
Working independently at clients home for 2-3 hours at a time. Whatever work plan was scheduled. Most often bathing, cleaning, meal preparation. Management for this company was scarce at best. There was no training unless requested. No advancement/education as promised in Orientation. No mileage compensation under 50 mile radius, and no job outside assigned region. Time sheets to be submitted at own expense via fax, email, postal. Hardest aspect of the job was dealing with client when nor properly trained. Most enjoyable part of job was being able to care for the clients and make their lives more comfortable and easier to manage.
Pros
working with the clients, making their day better
Cons
no breaks, very short days, no mileage compensation, no training and only one job shadow if requested with new clients
Company provided Personal Support true to Their mission statement
Controller (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, MESeptember 16, 2013
Consider highly enjoyable work lace. Would recommend working at Home Care for Maine Admin staff and direct care works have a commendable work ethic.
Pros
able to complete position with very little suprevison, benefits offered.
Cons
training to new hires.
Great Management
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, MEJanuary 15, 2013
This operation went smoothly and without a hitch. A very successful business right from the word go. I love managing this business, the owners were always right there to help in any way they could.
I loved my co-workers
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, MEJanuary 15, 2013
My typical day was full yet interesting. I dealt with the consumers which were generally elderly, sometimes forgetful people. They were fun to chat with and it gave you a sense of pride to assist them with their problems.
Decent place to work but does have office politics
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, MENovember 9, 2012
A typical day is busy moving from task to task. I did learn alot about health care billing. The manangement takes a little getting use to. The training does not have accurate materials and does not promote note taking. The people you work with are great. There is a broad range of personalities and they meld together very well.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the multiple funtions.
Pros
great people to work with. no micro managing
Cons
health care is expensive for a family, management is swayed by mood or daily feeling.
Some Time the job is fun
(PSS)-Personal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gardiner, MEOctober 1, 2012
The job does't pay well.No hours,fun part of job is that you are helping them out.
Pros
you make there meals
Cons
health care