Home Care Network, a reputable home care organization with sites across Ohio and Indiana, currently has a position for an IT Support Specialist in our corporate office located in Dayton, OH.
The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for providing hardware, software, and IT infrastructural support to maximize productivity.
1. Act as First Level support in response to ‘help desk’ e-mails and calls. Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications. Assist in updating/maintaining checklists for daily work
2. Oversee the daily performance of computer systems, to include servers, workstations, or other devices as directed.
3. Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
4. Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
5. Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
6. Confer with staff, users, and management to assist in developing requirements for new systems or modifications to existing one.
7. Perform other job duties as assigned.
1. Two years experience in a technical support role.
2. High School Degree or GED. Technical Certifications (Network+, Security+, etc) would be helpful.
3. Knowledge of current computer hardware and software, including most current.
4. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
5. Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems (IP based PBX management, IOS or Android Cell Phone management, etc.).
Must be able to interact professionally & explain complex subjects by phone & maintain positive relationships. Also must have the ability to work extensively on a PC and think through complex issues.
We are seeking a detail oriented self starter with problem solving skills and a team attitude.