Home Care Network Employee Reviews

High turnover rate
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  190 E Spring Valley Pike, Centerville, OH, 45458July 8, 2017
In the year I worked for them my supervisor changed 3 times. On top of that my pay checks were often off, a few hours not added and stuff like that. There was always an excuse and it took a few paychecks for me to see that money again. I only worked with one family while with them, my sister, so I can't really say how the other clients were.
Cons
Always messing with paychecks
Great
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2017
Home Care Network is a great place to work the residents are very nice and management is nice. They really work with you and your schedule too. Communication is a problem though and you have to keep reminding them of your bonus after getting hired.
Pros
nice helpful staff
Cons
lack of communication
Poorly run and managed
Director (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 16, 2017
Very Poorly run company, poor Leadership with unreasonable expectations. POOR communication. Unable to keep employees. Do not appreciate staff, COO very unprofessional with terrible leadership skills
Pros
salary
Cons
Everything else
Great Place To Work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHApril 18, 2017
I loved this job and the environment was very productive and helpful. The only thing that could've been a tad bit better would've been the pay and as well as the benefits.
meh
HHA (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHMarch 31, 2017
horrible pay. nice people. how can anyone support themselves on such a low wage? some flexibility as to hours. nice to be doing something useful. but overall, meh.
Pros
feeling useful
Cons
horrid pay
Not a fan
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHFebruary 13, 2017
I worked here for a little over a month before putting in my two weeks. I still have bit gotten payed for training. I was promised 40 hours and only got 35. The people at the main office are really nice but you don't get paid milage.
Pros
People are nice.
Cons
No benefit. No room for growth. No paid milage
Nice place to work.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Taking care of the patients isn't bad. If something goes wrong management is quick to fix it. If client complains management is quick to write you up without warning or discussion. The homes you go into aren't always the best living situation for your patient and its up to you to make the best out of it and try to keep it as c lean and sanitary as possible. Its also your responsibility to give baths and make meals. All in all the job is what you make it.
Pros
Its am inependent job
Cons
The homes you go into are sometimes discusting
Good place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Again. As mentioned before. This type of work keeps the employee busy and always with a goal to carry all assignments as well as required by the company.
Pros
Cons
n/a
Positive work enviroment
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2016
Owners and management are very supportive and kind, it feels like a family. They offer CEU's and terrific benefits as well as 401k. You have an opportunity to drive a company care with full maintenance with employee covering the insurance for a minor fee.
Pros
CEU's and inservices
Lead recruiter
Lead Recruiter/ Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 2, 2016
Staffing can be difficult at times. Covering such a big territory is challenging. A lot of travel is required for this position. Friendly and professional environment to work in.
Home Care Network
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with the other nurses. My schedule was very flexible and I had great compensation. The insurance was too expensive and that was the only downfall of working there.
great work enviroment
Caregiver/personal assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 23, 2015
the CNA provides hands on nursing care to patients, residents, clients and customers in a variety of health care settings.
good work enviroment
Flexible Schedule, poor communication between field and office.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 13, 2015
I was unsatisfied with the coordination of patient schedules and staff. There was plenty of work available. The Office Manager at that time was competent and helpful, however, the scheduling department was not. I worked out of the Dublin Ohio office.
Poor leadership
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 26, 2015
Leadership expected way more that a person can do in a day. AS DON I was expected to do home visits, and every other in office task without any help.
running errands for elderly people
State Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHJuly 7, 2015
This job doesn't pay enough and there aren't any incentives in moving up or furthering your education. I don't recommend home health care because you are just a errand runner, you do nothing they teach you in class. you are just a personal assistant
different clients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJune 26, 2015
A typical day could range from cleaning, cooking, going to the store, or just being someone to talk to. No set things at any client you went to each was unique in its own experience
Pros
no supervisor on site
Cons
traveling
case manager/director of nursing
Director of Nursing/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Beachwood and Akron OhioMarch 19, 2015
In my years at Home Care Network I held 3 different positions. The first was a private duty nurse for pediatric patients, second was a case manager and the final was the director of nursing. As the director of nursing I was the supervisor of other employees which was very educational as well as challenging. The hardest part was dealing with all the different personalities, wants, and needs of the employees and patient's families which made all three of these positions a learning opportunity as well as a chance for my leadership skills to come forth. The educating of the patients and their families was very satisfying because we were able to provide them with enough knowledge and know how to keep the patients in their homes safely with the best possible care.
Pros
the vast learning opportunity
Cons
the amount of drive time spent between patients throughtout Northeas Ohio
Was able to help the elderly in my community
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2014
Cooked, cleaned, assisted with specific tasks, and help care for the patient
Pros
Got to help care for my mother.
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with client
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHSeptember 15, 2014
a typical day consists of helping client with daily assisted tasks involving clothing,bathing,errands, cooking,cleaning,and personal hygene.
What I have learnred from the job is the importance of how much a helping companion really can be.
Excelling to a higher position would be pleasing as well.Since the helping hand is in very much importance.
The Co-workers aren't often seen since there is only one Home Health Aide assigned per client.
The hardest part of the job is only being able to provide such important care during scheduled hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is in the beginning of the shift,a fresh start at providing the helping hand.
Pros
Some Pros would be that you are not standing in one position all the time.
Cons
Some cons are there seems to short time for lunch .
helping out elderly people
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHAugust 5, 2014
Typical day was cooking , cleaning and socializing . I learned to listen to the elderly so you could help them in whatever way I could.
Did not manage here or have any co-workers to work with. Hardest was seeing elderly people suffer and not being able to help them . The most enjoyable part of my job here was saying I tried helping out as much as I could.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2