Home Care Network Employee Reviews in United States

Home Care Network
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with the other nurses. My schedule was very flexible and I had great compensation. The insurance was too expensive and that was the only downfall of working there.
Learned good customer relation skills.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJune 4, 2012
The day always began and ended with the scheduling of home health aides with clients. Our management was very good. The hardest part of the job was trying to find replacements for the clients when the employees failed to report for work. The most enjoyable was when the clients were satisfied with the aide that you linked them with.
Pros
lunches for a job well done.
Cons
breaks were not always consistent, and the compensation was poor.
great work enviroment
Caregiver/personal assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 23, 2015
the CNA provides hands on nursing care to patients, residents, clients and customers in a variety of health care settings.
good work enviroment
Flexible Schedule, poor communication between field and office.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 13, 2015
I was unsatisfied with the coordination of patient schedules and staff. There was plenty of work available. The Office Manager at that time was competent and helpful, however, the scheduling department was not. I worked out of the Dublin Ohio office.
case manager/director of nursing
Director of Nursing/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Beachwood and Akron OhioMarch 19, 2015
In my years at Home Care Network I held 3 different positions. The first was a private duty nurse for pediatric patients, second was a case manager and the final was the director of nursing. As the director of nursing I was the supervisor of other employees which was very educational as well as challenging. The hardest part was dealing with all the different personalities, wants, and needs of the employees and patient's families which made all three of these positions a learning opportunity as well as a chance for my leadership skills to come forth. The educating of the patients and their families was very satisfying because we were able to provide them with enough knowledge and know how to keep the patients in their homes safely with the best possible care.
Pros
the vast learning opportunity
Cons
the amount of drive time spent between patients throughtout northeas ohio
running errands for elderly people
State Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHJuly 7, 2015
This job doesn't pay enough and there aren't any incentives in moving up or furthering your education. I don't recommend home health care because you are just a errand runner, you do nothing they teach you in class. you are just a personal assistant
Poor leadership
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 26, 2015
Leadership expected way more that a person can do in a day. AS DON I was expected to do home visits, and every other in office task without any help.
different clients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJune 26, 2015
A typical day could range from cleaning, cooking, going to the store, or just being someone to talk to. No set things at any client you went to each was unique in its own experience
Pros
no supervisor on site
Cons
traveling
Productive and fun workplace with client
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHSeptember 15, 2014
a typical day consists of helping client with daily assisted tasks involving clothing,bathing,errands, cooking,cleaning,and personal hygene.
What I have learnred from the job is the importance of how much a helping companion really can be.
Excelling to a higher position would be pleasing as well.Since the helping hand is in very much importance.
The Co-workers aren't often seen since there is only one Home Health Aide assigned per client.
The hardest part of the job is only being able to provide such important care during scheduled hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is in the beginning of the shift,a fresh start at providing the helping hand.
Pros
some pros would be that you are not standing in one position all the time.
Cons
some cons are there seems to short time for lunch .
Awful Company.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg OhioMarch 18, 2014
This home care agency has no compassion for their patients. The patients are simply a dollar to them. The management is the worst I have ever seen. High turn over rate of directors and case managers. The management look at nurses as if they are trash. We are there for them to use and treat horribly. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
none.
Cons
everything.
When I am able to provide care for others and they are able to hold their head up with dignity.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMay 30, 2013
Assitsting and or provided personal care for others that are unable to provide it for themselves. Working with the physically or mentally disabled people brings appreciation to my life because I am able to be there for them without a second thought. Although home heath care is one of my passions it takes a tole on your body and the pay isn't compensating enough. I typically work alone. The roughest moments for me is when one of my clients decline it touches my heart so dear.
Pros
is when a patients face brightens up from my presence.
Cons
it bothers me to see patients in pain and there is nothing i can do!
Like working for HCN
LPN (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHJune 21, 2013
The hardest part of my job was to get used to the slower pace then in a facility or hospital setting. Management is great to work with and has always made sure I had clients to see. They have always made sure that I have had a 40+ hours a week.
Poor benefits
None (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 3, 2013
This institution doesn't recognize the needs of their employees. They do not pay holiday pay nor do they offer a benefits package. I had to go find my own insurance broker to get benefits for my family.
Very business focused, no relationship with their employees
LVN (Former Employee) –  DeSotoMay 3, 2012
Enjoyed establishing trust relationship with patients and seeing them improve to better health
Cons
no longer provides benefits to lvn
Very productive work keeps you busy
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHMay 22, 2014
My typical day at work I cook breakfast for me and my mom I get her dressed and up in her wheelchair we may go outside or watch television until lunch time I prepare lunch and then I do some cleaning dishes, washing clothes, dusting, vacuuming. I normally put her down for a nap in between all this and get her changed through out the day because she's incontinence then I get dinner started and we'll eat and then I will get her ready for bed and start all over again the next day.
Pros
taking care of my mom
Cons
being at home all day
knowledgable office staff
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHMarch 23, 2012
flexible hours

typically 2 hours of personal care per patient.
Pros
flexibility, pleasant work enviroment.
Cons
no benefits and short hours.
This particular job could have been a little better with organizing placement for employees
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Beachwood OhioJuly 25, 2014
I stated before i usually get along well with my clients and coworkers its just some individuals may not take to you well so you have to do the best you can in these types of situations. The hardest part of a job is for people not respecting each other for what ever reason. I like to talk out my situations and see what can be done to make the situation better for everyone..
Pros
no free lunches or anything
Cons
very short breaks
helping out elderly people
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHAugust 5, 2014
Typical day was cooking , cleaning and socializing . I learned to listen to the elderly so you could help them in whatever way I could.
Did not manage here or have any co-workers to work with. Hardest was seeing elderly people suffer and not being able to help them . The most enjoyable part of my job here was saying I tried helping out as much as I could.
poorly managed not a good company to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  ohioJanuary 29, 2013
Not a good place to work. Can't take any time off for vacations other co workers could take your client. No regconition for short notice pick ups, fill ins, or a job well done. No full time hours unless you BUY health insurance from HCN no reimbursments for health ins. high turn over rate in office.
Cons
no pay rasies they promise at hire date.
Utter chaos.
Billing and Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXSeptember 23, 2013
This place has no guidance or supervision really. Thankfully I knew exactly what to do to get things turned around and the money rolling in. I pulled contracts and reviewed them and got all billing set up according to the contracts. I then rebilled all old money that was still collectable and cleaned up the A/R
Pros
worked from home
Cons
nobody knows how to help you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Care Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8