Home Care Services Employee Reviews in United States

Good for Training Purpose
Certified Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2015
Great place to get your foot in the door. If you are looking to grow and gain experience, you're in the right place. The living situation is ideal if you do not own a vehicle because it saves on gas. Room and board are provided. The duties are not overwhelming to perform and down time is available, meaning you will have moments of rest or personal time to yourself.
Pros
Enjoyable residents to care for and learn from.
Cons
Spend a lot of time away from family.
Great place to work. Flexible schedule.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAAugust 23, 2015
This is a very good place to work if you like to be free of hospital/SNF politics. You have the opportunity to work with fewer clients and can ensure that their needs are being met. You are never forced to work with a client that for some reason, is not fond of you. The office staff is ALWAYS available and kind, they work very hard to make everyone happy. I worked for them for 17 years and really just enjoyed it. Health insurance is awesome. The hourly wage is not going to make you rich, but given the torture of working for health care corporations, I choose to work for homecare agencies such as this one.
Pros
Flexible hours, great health Ins. Union membership.
Cons
Low census if Client is away.
Enjoyed helped children with homework. Also like making snacks and bringing them home from school.
After School Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
Enjoyed interacting with school age children, learning new things about their day and having fun with children. Very outgoing. Always ready help when asked. Also ready to volunteer help when necessary.
Early Childhood Support Specialist
Personal Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job would be direct contact with families, assessing their needs through identifying their strengths building on those strengths.
Pros
Devloping mentoring relationships
Cons
travel out side city limits
caring/understanding supervisors
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAApril 15, 2012
For the most part, Home Care Services has great supervisors who are understanding and easy to talk to about clients. They help you make the right decisions concerning work areas and what to do about problem situations with clients.
Pros
great people, bi-monthly pay
Cons
benefits almost null, isn't much room for growth, difficult when losing a clients
Productive, Busy
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bitterroot Valley, MontanaJuly 27, 2015
Enjoyed going to my clients houses. They were usually appreciative and in this line of work that was always good to hear. There were some scheduling problems as we didn't have very many caregivers but lots of clients. Lots of relationships with the clients are made.
Field staff is wonderful.
RN, Risk Management/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 10, 2015
Home health care company that has many offices throughout the area. I was not able to communicate with administrative staff on a level that I thought was professional. It was time for me to move on to something more productive for my career.
Pros
Great field staff.
Cons
Admin staff.
Fairly decent organization
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 2, 2015
Worked the for 3 years, not a lot of opportunity for advancement felt sometimes the hospital that governed organization didn't care a lot about the home care services they provided.
Driving the Pre-K students
Onwer (Current Employee) –  Burleson TX.March 28, 2013
Start driving at 5:30 a.m., driving students from 12th grade to Pre school campus', listening to the younger generation how electronics is a big factor, their own styles, no two are alike. Seeing management react to emergency situations, taking charge or showing their managerial skills in just evryday situations, and people skills. Co-workers are somewhat helpful in giving directions, most of them don't care for change but are friendly, respectful, sharing.. the hardest part of my day is being sleepy and especially when it rains...I enjoy my day most when I have delivered my students to and from school safely, on time, and the bus ride was some what quiet, no phone calls from parents missing little ones.kitchen area
Pros
kitchen area, clean, security, free parking, great lighting.
Cons
never boring, healthcare package not expensive
productive hard working environment
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJune 21, 2013
An typical day at work would include preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner reading exercises for speach,physical exercises running errands communicating with coworkers about improvments ect.
Management was very kind as well as strick,co-workers were very helpful hard working and friendly.The hardest part of the job was seeing these people with no family to care for them nor no one to come visit them sometimes.
Being able as well as capable to help someonr other thanmyself
Pros
overtime
Cons
healthcare
Dependable, loyal, happy person to be around with.
Seasonal Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAOctober 14, 2013
Assisting clients with their meals, medications, house work and appointments.
I learn something new everyday; how to better serve my client and better help them be more safe and enjoy life.
I always manage my work accordingly with the client needs.
I work on my own. I really don't interact with any co-worker because my type of job.
Trying to assist you're client and not being able to go passed what's required from the job expectations and requirements would have to be the hardest part of my job.
When you see you're client smile and just thanking you for what you did for them that day would have to be the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
i enjoy people, working, learning new ideas and challenges.
Cons
not enough income, no brakes, no holidays.
I play bingo , to work the brain. Is so fun
ACCIDENT PREVENTION,WORKING WITH THE ELDERLYT (Former Employee) –  1603 CENTRAL AVENUE, FAR ROCKAWAY.NY.11691 NYAugust 6, 2013
Its very hard when the cliants are heavy but we always do are job.Its to hard to work inn the holiday becuase I want to spend time with my beautiful family like in christmas.But the best part is when u work with love.I learn to help people becuase I feel good about myself.I like working with co workers becuase they become part if the family and I can use the extra help.
Pros
free lunch, learn about health
Cons
work on holidays, short break
Good job for making a difference
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 6, 2012
The hours were hard to deal with sometimes due to early and late hour shifts. The management was pretty nice though many co-workers didn't have a common concern for their patients. It was nice to meet the clients and become a part of their lives.
Pros
good feel job, new friends to be made
Cons
hard hours, sad when one has to leave
Wouldnt reccommend
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 16, 2014
Business got shut down because of something to do with fraud, it was cool for my first job filed papers made copies answer the phone, typed. the business is actually closed down now , it was an awesome first job for me I learned a lot about customer service and office ettiquete
Allows you to work independently.
Home Health care nurse (Former Employee) –  INMay 19, 2014
I learned that experience comes with time at a job. I feel there was not enough training for a new nurse here. The hardest part on this job was knowing what do you do next. co workers were polite and very helpful when with what knowledge they had. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving a clients home knowing they are safe and well.
Pros
travel, flexible work time.
Cons
disorganized, poor training for new nurses.
Taking care of elderly and special needs people
Home Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 5, 2013
The first thing I would do when I got to a clients house would to take care of their needs, breakfast and made sure they took their medicine. I learned that you have to think for others and that its a lot of responsibilities but its all worth it. I didn't work around co-workers at this job. I just loved the whole job except when I had to take care of them going to the bathroom. But overall it was a good job.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 5, 2013
learned how to manage and schedule work orders. we worked around 15 hours a day
Pros
company van
Cons
Elderly home care, very challenging.
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 2, 2013
Patient care for inbound very obese person with depression, who was in need of full body care and home care and home visits. Hardest part was caring too much about this patient, I finally had to choose to move on to another patient so that she would move on and get treatment which changed her life.
Pros
i helped a patient change her life.
Cons
it's hard to see a person hit rock bottom and give up.
Having my own business...
Crescendo Care Home Care Owner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2012
This was a business I started and ran myself. It was great that I could do anything whenever I wanted to. I ran everything and pursued it to the fullest. I worked running this business while working at my future job that later I just ended up working there. I did this because of promise more pay and less hours. Which I didn't do so and miss this very much.
Pros
being your own boss
Cons
everything!!!
Met Great individuales
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 18, 2014
The work is difficult especially seeing individuals struggling with basic motor skills, but being around them you develop a great companionship so that takes away from the heartache.
Pros
free lunch every wednesday
Cons
short 5min break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.