Home Care Services

Home Care Services Employer Reviews

Met Great individuales
Caregiver (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch every wednesday
Cons: short 5min break
The work is difficult especially seeing individuals struggling with basic motor skills, but being around them you develop a great companionship so that takes away from the heartache.
Allows you to work independently.
Home Health care nurse (Former Employee), INMay 19, 2014
Pros: travel, flexible work time.
Cons: disorganized, poor training for new nurses.
I learned that experience comes with time at a job. I feel there was not enough training for a new nurse here. The hardest part on this job was knowing what do you do next. co workers were polite and very helpful when with what knowledge they had. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving a clients home knowing they are safe and well.
i loved to see new people
Homecare (Former Employee), Sunnyside, WAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: new clients
Cons: the gas that is used each day
I loved that job.i love to help the disabled and the elderly.
Nice to work with elderly
Adult care services (Former Employee), Merced, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: you get to know them
The agency finds you a elderly person, who is in need of home care.
Taking care of elderly and special needs people
Home Care Provider (Current Employee), Kennewick, WADecember 5, 2013
The first thing I would do when I got to a clients house would to take care of their needs, breakfast and made sure they took their medicine. I learned that you have to think for others and that its a lot of responsibilities but its all worth it. I didn't work around co-workers at this job. I just loved the whole job except when I had to take care of – more... them going to the bathroom. But overall it was a good job. – less
Elderly home care, very challenging.
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 2, 2013
Pros: i helped a patient change her life.
Cons: it's hard to see a person hit rock bottom and give up.
Patient care for inbound very obese person with depression, who was in need of full body care and home care and home visits. Hardest part was caring too much about this patient, I finally had to choose to move on to another patient so that she would move on and get treatment which changed her life.
After my dad was in an accident I took care of him.
Care taker (Former Employee), Saugerties, NYOctober 23, 2013
A typical day involved driving my father to and from work. I maintained the home and provided any assistance that he required.
Dependable, loyal, happy person to be around with.
Seasonal Child Care Assistant (Current Employee), Sunnyside, WAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: i enjoy people, working, learning new ideas and challenges.
Cons: not enough income, no brakes, no holidays.
Assisting clients with their meals, medications, house work and appointments.
I learn something new everyday; how to better serve my client and better help them be more safe and enjoy life.
I always manage my work accordingly with the client needs.
I work on my own. I really don't interact with any co-worker because my type of job.
Trying to assist – more... you're client and not being able to go passed what's required from the job expectations and requirements would have to be the hardest part of my job.
When you see you're client smile and just thanking you for what you did for them that day would have to be the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
I PLAY BINGO , TO WORK THE BRAIN. IS SO FUN
ACCIDENT PREVENTION,WORKING WITH THE ELDERLYT (Former Employee), 1603 CENTRAL AVENUE, FAR ROCKAWAY.NY.11691 NYAugust 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch, learn about health
Cons: work on holidays, short break
ITS VERY HARD WHEN THE CLIANTS ARE HEAVY BUT WE ALWAYS DO ARE JOB.ITS TO HARD TO WORK INN THE HOLIDAY BECUASE I WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY LIKE IN CHRISTMAS.BUT THE BEST PART IS WHEN U WORK WITH LOVE.I LEARN TO HELP PEOPLE BECUASE I FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF.I LIKE WORKING WITH CO WORKERS BECUASE THEY BECOME PART IF THE FAMILY AND I CAN – more... USE THE EXTRA HELP. – less
productive hard working environment
Home Care Provider (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAJune 21, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: healthcare
An typical day at work would include preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner reading exercises for speach,physical exercises running errands communicating with coworkers about improvments ect.
Management was very kind as well as strick,co-workers were very helpful hard working and friendly.The hardest part of the job was seeing these people with no family – more... to care for them nor no one to come visit them sometimes.
Being able as well as capable to help someonr other thanmyself – less
Technician (Former Employee), Southaven, MSApril 5, 2013
Pros: company van
Cons: long hours
learned how to manage and schedule work orders. we worked around 15 hours a day
Love to care for patients
Certified Home Health Aide - elderly patient care (Former Employee), Ozark, ALApril 2, 2013
Pros: patient care
Cons: house calls, are tough
Love the elderly, love taking care of them. Drive was too long and patient houses were to sad to go into.
Driving the Pre-K students
Onwer (Current Employee), Burleson TX.March 28, 2013
Pros: kitchen area, clean, security, free parking, great lighting.
Cons: never boring, healthcare package not expensive
Start driving at 5:30 a.m., driving students from 12th grade to Pre school campus', listening to the younger generation how electronics is a big factor, their own styles, no two are alike. Seeing management react to emergency situations, taking charge or showing their managerial skills in just evryday situations, and people skills. Co-workers are somewhat – more... helpful in giving directions, most of them don't care for change but are friendly, respectful, sharing.. the hardest part of my day is being sleepy and especially when it rains...I enjoy my day most when I have delivered my students to and from school safely, on time, and the bus ride was some what quiet, no phone calls from parents missing little ones.kitchen area – less
Having my own business...
Crescendo Care Home Care Owner (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: being your own boss
Cons: everything!!!
This was a business I started and ran myself. It was great that I could do anything whenever I wanted to. I ran everything and pursued it to the fullest. I worked running this business while working at my future job that later I just ended up working there. I did this because of promise more pay and less hours. Which I didn't do so and miss this very – more... much. – less
Can be alot better
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 20, 2012
Needs to offer employees more cases! I have nothing to say at the moment.
Good job for making a difference
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTJune 6, 2012
Pros: good feel job, new friends to be made
Cons: hard hours, sad when one has to leave
The hours were hard to deal with sometimes due to early and late hour shifts. The management was pretty nice though many co-workers didn't have a common concern for their patients. It was nice to meet the clients and become a part of their lives.
caring/understanding supervisors
Caregiver (Current Employee), Sunnyside, WAApril 15, 2012
Pros: great people, bi-monthly pay
Cons: benefits almost null, isn't much room for growth, difficult when losing a clients
For the most part, Home Care Services has great supervisors who are understanding and easy to talk to about clients. They help you make the right decisions concerning work areas and what to do about problem situations with clients.
Good small organization who loads a lot of additional assignments
Technical Manager (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 8, 2014
Good working atmosphere with flexibility to operate independently
Friendly staff
Assistant (Former Employee), LarkfieldApril 28, 2014
Cons: long hours
Helping organise rota's on a weekly basis, on a daily basis having to cover sickness & last minute holiday requests.

Liasing with outside agencies such as Social Services