Home Care Services Employee Reviews

Not what I expected
Personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTApril 26, 2017
Was not able to to some of the job expectations. Cleaning up after people was not my favorite part of the job they were horrible about hours and getting care for the clients most of the time some of the clients would be without help
Pros
Helping the clients
Cons
Horrible scheduling and limited amount of hours
Good, but management is no good
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working here as a home care aid as long as I didn't have to meet with my supervisors. I loved my patients, but management made things difficult. I felt like there was a lot of drama with them too, almost as if they were there just to collect a paycheck rather than take proper care of their clients. Miss my patients, but I'm glad to be moved on from them. Yikes!
Pros
Get to meet new people and help them
Very nice environment
Part time clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2017
I have been working in home care for five years. I cannot make any complaint about it .It's a fun place to work in. The people are very nice and respectful.
Home Care Services is now Australian Unity Home Care Service
Grade 2 Care Worker (Former Employee) –  in Clients homesMarch 27, 2017
the same as Australian Unity Home Care Service
continuous training to ensure you can safely perform all work tasks
meeting a lot of interesting people and working with a lot of caring people.
early mornings, late evenings
fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 14, 2017
this is a fun and great place I would love for may family to visit again. if you want to have a great time come here trust me you wont regret it bye
Pros
food
Cons
visit time
Home Care Services
A home care provider may assist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day at work is help elderly or disabled adults with daily living such as meal preparation and housekeeping tasks. I also provide assistance with personal hygiene tasks such as bathing, toileting and dressing. The job is not hard and its enjoyable because you get to know other people, talk with them, and learn from them. I have learned to be patient and a lot more kind.
Cons
No vacations.
food service
following nurse delegations (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAFebruary 27, 2017
was a fun place to learn in highschool learning to to properly clean and disinfect equiptment learning to to properly contuct customer service skills. great place to start in highschool or as a first job.
not a good experience there
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx nyFebruary 12, 2017
they were not professional a very uncomfortable setting on how the managers treated there staff in the office. but the company was OK it was there managers .
Warm, welcoming environment with productive workers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 9, 2017
A typical day at work involves you going in and taking care of your patients to the absolute best of your ability. This involves washing the patient, feeding the patient, and fixing their bed etc. This job has taught me that it isn't easy being a Certified Nursing Assistant, but giving the job your all and putting in your best effort into your work makes the day worth while. Seeing a happy and satisfied patient's smile lightens the load of every work day. The work place culture becomes what you put into it. Being an enthusiastic hard worker attracts others who are the same.The hardest part of the job in my opinion would be the different attitudes of the patients and coworkers each day. Not everyone wakes up on the brighter side of the day, but you must remain collected and optimistic as well as being professional.
This place was for the public that keeps people in there home instead of in a nursing home. People thrive in their own home.
Senior Life Resources (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, WA 99403February 7, 2017
A company that does in home health care. The office was not such a good place to work. There was alot of bulling going on. This office was very busy from the time we opened to the time we closed. I supervised several care givers and over saw clients saftey.
Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WASeptember 5, 2016
Learn alot from your co workers. Lots of benefits good health insurance also great place to start a your mornings.Excellent health insurance and benefits.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
good health insurance
Early Childhood Support Specialist
Personal Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 18, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job would be direct contact with families, assessing their needs through identifying their strengths building on those strengths.
Pros
Devloping mentoring relationships
Cons
travel out side city limits
Enjoyed helped children with homework. Also like making snacks and bringing them home from school.
After School Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
Enjoyed interacting with school age children, learning new things about their day and having fun with children. Very outgoing. Always ready help when asked. Also ready to volunteer help when necessary.
Good for Training Purpose
Certified Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2015
Great place to get your foot in the door. If you are looking to grow and gain experience, you're in the right place. The living situation is ideal if you do not own a vehicle because it saves on gas. Room and board are provided. The duties are not overwhelming to perform and down time is available, meaning you will have moments of rest or personal time to yourself.
Pros
Enjoyable residents to care for and learn from.
Cons
Spend a lot of time away from family.
It's a nice company to work for but the pay is lousy.
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  INOctober 6, 2015
Great clients, nice co-workers, but the pay stinks and you never get a day off. You do get paid mileage though. It's also hard to get coverage.
Pros
you get paid mileage
Cons
no days off
Great place to work. Flexible schedule.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAAugust 23, 2015
This is a very good place to work if you like to be free of hospital/SNF politics. You have the opportunity to work with fewer clients and can ensure that their needs are being met. You are never forced to work with a client that for some reason, is not fond of you. The office staff is ALWAYS available and kind, they work very hard to make everyone happy. I worked for them for 17 years and really just enjoyed it. Health insurance is awesome. The hourly wage is not going to make you rich, but given the torture of working for health care corporations, I choose to work for homecare agencies such as this one.
Pros
Flexible hours, great health Ins. Union membership.
Cons
Low census if Client is away.
Productive, Busy
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bitterroot Valley, MontanaJuly 27, 2015
Enjoyed going to my clients houses. They were usually appreciative and in this line of work that was always good to hear. There were some scheduling problems as we didn't have very many caregivers but lots of clients. Lots of relationships with the clients are made.
Field staff is wonderful.
RN, Risk Management/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 10, 2015
Home health care company that has many offices throughout the area. I was not able to communicate with administrative staff on a level that I thought was professional. It was time for me to move on to something more productive for my career.
Pros
Great field staff.
Cons
Admin staff.
Fairly decent organization
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 2, 2015
Worked the for 3 years, not a lot of opportunity for advancement felt sometimes the hospital that governed organization didn't care a lot about the home care services they provided.
Wouldnt reccommend
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 16, 2014
Business got shut down because of something to do with fraud, it was cool for my first job filed papers made copies answer the phone, typed. the business is actually closed down now , it was an awesome first job for me I learned a lot about customer service and office ettiquete

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.