Home Care

Home Care Employee Reviews

Revenue driven company
Infusion Nutrition Support Dietitian (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: CVS company stock purchase plan
Cons: Poor management team
Friendly co-workers, but poor structure and management skills. Revenue driven, high pressure to meet quarterly budget goals.
Great team work environment
Senior Home Care (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great salary and benefits.
Cons: Documentation requirements
A typical day at work would include being assigned 7-10 home care visits. I learned a new android documentation program. Management and co-workers professional and courteous. The hardest part of the job was the time consuming documentation that required completing at home. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients.
Busy work schedule
Pace Manchester Universal Care Partner (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 22, 2015
Pros: work as many shifts as I wanted to
Cons: non-team players
Worked at every unit with clients with Alzheimer's, trauma patients, people that had long term injures. I can adjust my schedule and pick up shifts when I wanted to.
Quiet Friendly workplace
home care assitant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 18, 2015
IT Was a guiet friendly household with wonderful people with grat personalities. the client was friendly and generous I enjoyed working with her
Productive field with exceptional clients.
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJune 15, 2015
Overall, the experience of working in home care has been rich and fulfilling. Being able to help and take care of the patients has put my career and my life into a whole new perspective.
Quality time spent helping with end of life care
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, Washington and Kaneohe, HawaiiJune 5, 2015
Care included daily routine dispensing of meds and meals. Offered support with all personal care; bathing, oral care, and toileting. Handled daily living tasks such as general house work, shopping, cooking, and laundry. Offered companionship and comfort that someone was there and available with emotional support.
I learned through this experience how precious life is, the value of compassion, and – more... the understanding of the emotional rollercoaster one has giving up their personal independence as they prepare for end of life. Peace Health Hospice assisted me three days a week with the in home hospice care, and the staff that came taught me a lot about how to best perform palliative care. The hardest part of this job was the physical heavy lifting, but also was the emotions that came with watching a loved one deteriorate. The most rewarding aspect of this job was being a part of the process, and doing what I could to make them feel comfortable and loved. – less
Fun fast moving friendy environment
Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Carson, CAMay 31, 2015
Pros: meeting great people from adults to children and seniors.
Cons: none i love working with people.
Working in a fast pace environment meeting new people as the day passes , giving injections to adults, children, and seniors and helping people in need of my assistants.
hardworking and productive
pca (Current Employee), Ulster Park, NYMay 30, 2015
i take care and help people that are incapable of doing everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking meals, and many other everyday tasks.
Workflow
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: My hours of work
Cons: It ended
Monitor patient intakes, Upgraded my nursing skill with caring for a patient with urinary tract problems. My lead was a great manager. I felt I handled everything to the best quality.
Challenging yet rewarding experience.
Autistic Adult Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Create your own hours.
Cons: Little pay.
One would have to be very empathetic to work in this environment. Can be a bit stressful when the client is going through mood swings.
typical day at work
Speech Therapist (Current Employee), PhilippinesMay 26, 2015
Pros: work place near my house
Cons: short breaks
i usually start with motivational activities. Afterwards, a quick review of our past lessons to identify mastery level. Activities are based on childs performance and capabilities. I use a lot of reinceforcements to help motivate and inspire kids.
I love working in teams and independently. Collaboration is always needed to ensure that we meet the child's maximum potential.
great
Private Caregiver (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIMay 20, 2015
Pros: Work well with others
Cons: unfinished tasks
I work well with others providing the best care possible willing to go the extra mile to ensure quality care. Can work with or without supervision. I also take time in whatever tasks and follow through every time.
Taking care of patient at home.
Home Care Aide (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMay 19, 2015
Very good pay and rewarding work. Typical work day was helping the patient with any complains they had. Learned how to take care of patients on a regular basses.
Gratifying
Office Volunteer - Volunteer Match (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2015
Pros: Gratifying being able to help individuals with daily activitites who normally can't
Cons: Working with no pay
As a volunteer, help provide in home training to individuals who have lost their vision and those who losing their vision. Help assist with day to day activities: dishwashing, laundry, errand runs (grocery, medications). Helping assist those individuals to becoming more independent. Make follow up calls to church members to remind them of upcoming events. Assisted with typing up information to be entered into church bulletin for the week.
hard work but enjoyable
Home Care Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2015
working in homecare you learn a lot of things about the patients. you learn how they act, how they treat you, and how they treat there family. I enjoyed home care and wish to go farther with it
In a day of a caregiver
Lane County Senior Services (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMay 11, 2015
Pros: Feeling good about helping others
Cons: Watching the decline in one's life
I supported elderly clients with different levels of cognitive and physical disabilities. My tasks included assist with hygiene, recreation, health care, safety and memory care. It was my responsibility to manage medication and observe changes in physical and/or cognitive abilities. Any changes were immediately reported to family and personal physicians. It was equally important to establish and maintain trust and comfort with not only my clients but with family as well.
working with special needs and elderly
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Covina, CAApril 28, 2015
I have work with special needs and elderly all my life. I made sure that my client was at ease. I worked in my clients home, I helped them with their bills, grooming, bathing, cooking, and doing errands with them. it was a very easy job. I really enjoyed it
a nursing home with good care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Salinas, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: a lot of experince
Cons: low pay
It is a good facility to get your first experience as a nurse assistant. I did learn a lot from the nurses. I was exposed to different types of care. We had rehabilitation patients and long term patients as well.
varied experiences
LPN (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2015
Pros: new experience
Cons: never know if you will have cases or not.
different experience traveling to homes and other residences to provide wound care and education. Some required more than what I was authorized in doing, many of the sites were well kept.
child care in home
Daycare Worker (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: At home, on my own time
Cons: all children, ho adult interaction
Nanny to children in home. Fed, clothed, and kept children active. Made sure homework was done for children who went to school.

1 2 3 4 5