Home Care Employee Reviews

Was rewarding to assist seniors stay in their homes
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee), Lodi, NJAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Ability to be with my father longer while he was awake
Cons: T I had ti jugglehe finances
A typical day would be ADL's, Meal, physical therapy, taking for a walk, making sure he took his meds, did a lot of talking of his past. At the time I was Taking care of my father, could wait on the money and could do a 9am to 5pm day.
Enjoyable
Caregiver (Former Employee), Boise, IdahoAugust 13, 2015
I enjoyed caring for the clients. It had its moments when it was not easy but being able to help others made me go home at the end of the day feeling good about myself.
Fun workplace with people i love to be around
adult care services (Former Employee), Flint, MIAugust 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: people want to take my job
Is was great experience fun work.working around people i no an love an easy work. work i been doing for years. a typical day is getting my work done an eating an watch t.v. an family members coming to visit.
Rewarding work
OWNER/MANAGER (Current Employee), Chaffee, NYAugust 12, 2015
Hours can be long but it is rewarding work. I enjoy taking care of the elderly feel good about helping them with their day to day tasks. Management helps keep family life and work balanced by flexible schedules. Friendly co workers, No complaints.
I enjoyed helping the family member.
Cooper Household (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: time with them
Cons: that they were sick and needed help
I helped them get dressed and fixed breakfast. Gave them medicine when they needed it. I took them to the doctor. I helped them with daily things. I enjoyed spending time with them. The hardest part of the job was that they were in pain.
AWESOME
Assistant (Current Employee), DeRidder, LAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: New challenges daily
Cons: bathing someone else.
was a wonderful exciting life experience job. I wish it didn't have to end..................................................................................................................................................................................................
good expricence
Home Healthcare Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2015
a typical day at work i love is what i learned become a homemaker my management was good the hardest part of this job is was hardest at at all i go work do was i need to do is wonderful been homemaker i love the work.now the most enjoy able part of the job is people nice too me i love work as home care help other .
outlook good
Assistant Manager/home care worker (Former Employee), Decatur, IlAugust 3, 2015
Pros: meeting new people helping others
Cons: them passing.
Home care is always enjoyable and rewarding. Its helping others and making there days better.
I had no co workers home care is one on one.
case manager
Case Manager (Former Employee), Wakefield, MAJuly 31, 2015
Busy residential areas in Boston/Cambridge requiring comprehensive assessment skills and frequent collaboration with peers and medical professionals.
nice caring fun to be around helpfull enjoyable loving
home care aide (Former Employee), phila paJuly 27, 2015
Pros: free things gifts rewards transpertation money good
Cons: long travals demandeing
good days some little bad days co workers nice I enjoy my job love what I do like taking care of people home care duties people are taking care of differently
Productive workplace
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2015
I cooked, cleaned, and made sure other household duties were complete. I really enjoyed spending time with my client acting as a companion.
Homecare in Florida is very competitive and Medicare guidlines change constantly
Senior Home Care (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: very full and long work days
I was a road warrior all day, every day. My main goal was to get local doctors to use our Homecare services vs the other companies in our area. I was able to learn all Homecare guidelines and benefits to each patient depending on their needs
Nanny for private residence
Nanny (Former Employee), Loomis, CAJuly 22, 2015
I assisted daily with getting the children to school and working inside the home doing various duties until the children returned.
Taking care of father
Care Taker (Former Employee), Fenton,MiJuly 20, 2015
Gave medication 3 times a day, and helped with bathing and getting him dressed for the day.Also prepared meals that he wanted to eat.Took care of laundry and dishes trough out the day and cleaned house.
getting to know new people
CNA/Home Care Aid (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: getting out with the clients
Cons: finding time to take a lunch or break
helping the client/s with what they need to do to get up and ready for the day. I learned that you don't work for family/friends it does not turn out good. the management helped me when I had questions but ripped me off a lot with my pay checks. never met any of my other co-workers. the hardest part was the clients yelling at me and telling i wasn't doing my job. the enjoyable part was helping somebody in need.
Medical Assistant
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), McMinnville, ORJuly 9, 2015
Pros: I loved working as a Medical Assistant
Cons: Not getting paid professionally
Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height while recording medical
history and test results. Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for
testing. Assist the physician with examining and treat patients by handing instruments or materials to perform procedures
such as giving injections.
Fun, but making sure the person has all the nessisities.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Crete, ILJuly 9, 2015
Pros: On a good day is taking them out to the store and getting them some fresh air.
Cons: The hourly pay was low
A typical day at homecare is not knowing if the person you care for is going to wake up or not. Or what kind of mess they made while you were at home.You got to prepare your self for the worst. I've learned to care for other's to make sure they have what they need. Always make sure that you and the person is in safety environment.
Calm and friend work place
Home care (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no call
taking care of sick family members.
learning to care for those in need and growing in patience and support.
Aiding nurses and family made helping easier.
I enjoyed being able to help those I loved even if it didn't seem like much.
Revenue driven company
Infusion Nutrition Support Dietitian (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: CVS company stock purchase plan
Cons: Poor management team
Friendly co-workers, but poor structure and management skills. Revenue driven, high pressure to meet quarterly budget goals.
Great team work environment
Senior Home Care (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great salary and benefits.
Cons: Documentation requirements
A typical day at work would include being assigned 7-10 home care visits. I learned a new android documentation program. Management and co-workers professional and courteous. The hardest part of the job was the time consuming documentation that required completing at home. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients.