Home Care

Home Care United States Employee Reviews

working with special needs and elderly
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Covina, CAApril 28, 2015
I have work with special needs and elderly all my life. I made sure that my client was at ease. I worked in my clients home, I helped them with their bills, grooming, bathing, cooking, and doing errands with them. it was a very easy job. I really enjoyed it
a nursing home with good care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Salinas, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: a lot of experince
Cons: low pay
It is a good facility to get your first experience as a nurse assistant. I did learn a lot from the nurses. I was exposed to different types of care. We had rehabilitation patients and long term patients as well.
varied experiences
LPN (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2015
Pros: new experience
Cons: never know if you will have cases or not.
different experience traveling to homes and other residences to provide wound care and education. Some required more than what I was authorized in doing, many of the sites were well kept.
child care in home
Daycare Worker (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: At home, on my own time
Cons: all children, ho adult interaction
Nanny to children in home. Fed, clothed, and kept children active. Made sure homework was done for children who went to school.
Review of Home Care
Home management (Current Employee), Modesto, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: My mom makes my lunch
Cons: The longs distance away from home
I have been helping other people in the community as well as helping others in my neighborhood. I help my parents as much as possible and taking care of my adorable siblings. In my past jobs is mostly working with unfortunate people in my home country in the Philippines. My co-workers love me not because I'm the cutest little girl in the world but I am a very kind heart individual.
Home care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 7, 2015
Take care of all household duties, driving patient to all doctors appointments and errands needed to be ran.
Cooking and laundry
home care
Light House Keeping (Current Employee), WIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: working on my own
Cons: no breaks
going into clients homes for light house keeping and taking care of them.making meals to helping with a shower. Hardest part of this job is losing a friend. The best part is making new friends.
Difficult and enjoyable at the same time.
primary care taker (Former Employee), Missoula MontanaMarch 30, 2015
I was taking care of my mother in my home until she became a hospice patient and died. There is nothing more to say. I learned that people die as they lived, the hardest part was watching her loose more and more of her ability to care or herself.
n/a
carer (Current Employee), persons homeMarch 9, 2015
I care for a person who is mentally ill hes the only person I had contact with I learns a lot in the past 10 years . The hardest part of the job well I liked it all you could say stopping the person self harming .
Fun Environment
Caregiver (Former Employee), Reseda CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: insurance
Cons: good breaks
I had a good experience working as caregiver and it was in experience that i would never forget if i get the opportunity to have a job like this i would take the offer anf make this experience be good again.
Personal Assistant/ Caregiver
Private In-home Caregiver. (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2015
Pros: flexable hours, strong bonds with client and co-workers, extra time for projects, learning new tasks, good converstation, pleasent work environment
Cons: working over 80 hours per week
6 days a week I work for 10-12 hours My client is like family. I work for a chatty/sweet 90 year old woman. I assist her in all of her daily activities. I cook her meals. Clean her home. Walk with her around the house. We exersize together. I administer her meds. We watch television together,
I have learned how to manage within stressful situations. Ive learned how to understand my clients needs and anticipate them. How to monitor her blood sugars, which is a delicate task.
My co-workers are very reliable and personable. I have a strong connection with them and we have formed and highly fuctioning system at our clients home.
The hardest part of the job is when she loses balance. She is older and her body is delicate. With every move I must remain calm and preventative.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being in her company and learning about her life. She is a landscape architect. A mother of 3 and well traveled. Very pleasurable environment.
Easy to get work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Queens Village, NYMarch 4, 2015
I went to Home Care at its Best to apply on a tuesday and Friday I was working 3 days a week. The following week the car increased to 5. The group works very hard to accommodate their associates. Only bad thing is you have to go up there to bring your weekly timesheet and nurses notes. The pay is not great if the case is paid through medicaid. Staff is very nice.
taking care of a sickly parent I can basically take care of anyone
Caregiver/PCW (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2015
Pros: everthing
Cons: when she passed away
my typical day was to wake her, toilet, groom, bathe, prep and prepare meals breakfast, lunch, dinner, housekeeping including laundry, assistance with doctors appointments, other daily activities, assistance with mobility to get up and down/ in and out of bed. medication administering including insulin injections, mood swings, over the phone pharmacy refills, bed sores due to having diabetes and having no motor skills in the lower ligaments, depression, oxygen, in and out hospital regularly. I learned that taking care of a loved one isn't easy but they have the right to say what they want and don't want, which she wanted family to take care of her because others mistreats her. we didn't have any coworkers because if was a family thing, but the hardest part was always seeing her sick or in the hospital for months knowing she's not getting any better than last time but the most enjoyable was when she laughed at least she felt happy at the moment and she didn't let anyone take that from her.
good company
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
was a very good help and was very happy with the way they paid atten to all my need and wants for the person I was taken care of . over all great company
home aide
2015 (Current Employee), NCFebruary 25, 2015
great time seeing to the needs of younger ones. I enjoy every effort I put in to see to the happiness of these young ones who are equally appreciative of the times they spend with me.
Very, very educational
Caregiver (Former Employee), Ashland, KYFebruary 22, 2015
I was a personal caregiver for my mother. This can be further explained in an interview. I could not possibly give all the detail on here. I was the caregiver for a person that was very seriously, chronically ill. She had Groshongs, PICC lines, mediports, various antibiotics hung constantly, continuous flushes for permanent foley cath, bilateral BKA, colostomy, multiple large wound dressings,, wound vac for extended period, drains etc, There were multiple dressings etc. The thing is I would have had all this experience in the hospital or a facility as well. My experience in the hospital with time management and leadership really helped me do this job for so long. Im ready now to enter back in to the work force outside the home.
enlightening
home care aid (Former Employee), Caseville, MIFebruary 15, 2015
working for this company was very enjoyable entertaining at times and had lots of learning possibilities. You definitely grow and learn taking care of challenged adults.
Learned how to use various types of machinery
Senior citizens programs (Former Employee), Euclid, OHFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: new experiences and challenges
Cons: was only part time seasonal employee
Working outside most of the time was rewarding yet challenging, according to weather conditions. Overall this was a very positive work experience.
Enjoyed caring for the elderly or people with physical needs.
home health care (Former Employee), variedFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: the pleasure of seeing someones health, and they are independent in teir daily needs.
Cons: no healthcare
Have spent time caring for many elderlyor those wih physical needs. I have stayed weeks and months at a time to help rehabilitate serval of my clents. many of my clients were referred to me because of care they know I took of their family member or a friend. I also did lite house keeing and cooking. When they had pets I also cared for them. Walked, feed and groomed.
Loving enviroment for the little patients from 2 days old up to 18yrs.
Medical Assistant Back Office/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Calabasas, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches and nice xmas gifts personalized
Cons: short breaks or no breaks
-30-40 patients daily, fast pace medical office
-work hard, smile and the other people smile you back
-hard working people
-multi-ethnicity hard working people, a nice melting pot
-listening to Russian and not being able to reply
-the hugs and kisses of my little patients, the highlight of my day, every day!!

1 2 3 4 5