Home Care Employee Reviews

Homecare in Florida is very competitive and Medicare guidlines change constantly
Senior Home Care (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 24, 2015
I was a road warrior all day, every day. My main goal was to get local doctors to use our Homecare services vs the other companies in our area. I was able to learn all Homecare guidelines and benefits to each patient depending on their needs
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
very full and long work days
Nanny for private residence
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Loomis, CAJuly 22, 2015
I assisted daily with getting the children to school and working inside the home doing various duties until the children returned.
Taking care of father
Care Taker (Former Employee) –  Fenton,MiJuly 20, 2015
Gave medication 3 times a day, and helped with bathing and getting him dressed for the day.Also prepared meals that he wanted to eat.Took care of laundry and dishes trough out the day and cleaned house.
getting to know new people
CNA/Home Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2015
helping the client/s with what they need to do to get up and ready for the day. I learned that you don't work for family/friends it does not turn out good. the management helped me when I had questions but ripped me off a lot with my pay checks. never met any of my other co-workers. the hardest part was the clients yelling at me and telling i wasn't doing my job. the enjoyable part was helping somebody in need.
Pros
getting out with the clients
Cons
finding time to take a lunch or break
Medical Assistant
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJuly 9, 2015
Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height while recording medical
history and test results. Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for
testing. Assist the physician with examining and treat patients by handing instruments or materials to perform procedures
such as giving injections.
Pros
I loved working as a Medical Assistant
Cons
Not getting paid professionally
Fun, but making sure the person has all the nessisities.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crete, ILJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at homecare is not knowing if the person you care for is going to wake up or not. Or what kind of mess they made while you were at home.You got to prepare your self for the worst. I've learned to care for other's to make sure they have what they need. Always make sure that you and the person is in safety environment.
Pros
On a good day is taking them out to the store and getting them some fresh air.
Cons
The hourly pay was low
Calm and friend work place
Home care (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 4, 2015
taking care of sick family members.
learning to care for those in need and growing in patience and support.
Aiding nurses and family made helping easier.
I enjoyed being able to help those I loved even if it didn't seem like much.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no call
Revenue driven company
Infusion Nutrition Support Dietitian (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2015
Friendly co-workers, but poor structure and management skills. Revenue driven, high pressure to meet quarterly budget goals.
Pros
CVS company stock purchase plan
Cons
Poor management team
Great team work environment
Senior Home Care (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 26, 2015
A typical day at work would include being assigned 7-10 home care visits. I learned a new android documentation program. Management and co-workers professional and courteous. The hardest part of the job was the time consuming documentation that required completing at home. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients.
Pros
Great salary and benefits.
Cons
Documentation requirements
Busy work schedule
Pace Manchester Universal Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2015
Worked at every unit with clients with Alzheimer's, trauma patients, people that had long term injures. I can adjust my schedule and pick up shifts when I wanted to.
Pros
work as many shifts as I wanted to
Cons
non-team players

Want to know more about Home Care?

Ask a question
Quiet Friendly workplace
home care assitant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 18, 2015
IT Was a guiet friendly household with wonderful people with grat personalities. the client was friendly and generous I enjoyed working with her
Productive field with exceptional clients.
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 15, 2015
Overall, the experience of working in home care has been rich and fulfilling. Being able to help and take care of the patients has put my career and my life into a whole new perspective.
Quality time spent helping with end of life care
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, Washington and Kaneohe, HawaiiJune 5, 2015
Care included daily routine dispensing of meds and meals. Offered support with all personal care; bathing, oral care, and toileting. Handled daily living tasks such as general house work, shopping, cooking, and laundry. Offered companionship and comfort that someone was there and available with emotional support.
I learned through this experience how precious life is, the value of compassion, and the understanding of the emotional rollercoaster one has giving up their personal independence as they prepare for end of life. Peace Health Hospice assisted me three days a week with the in home hospice care, and the staff that came taught me a lot about how to best perform palliative care. The hardest part of this job was the physical heavy lifting, but also was the emotions that came with watching a loved one deteriorate. The most rewarding aspect of this job was being a part of the process, and doing what I could to make them feel comfortable and loved.
Fun fast moving friendy environment
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMay 31, 2015
Working in a fast pace environment meeting new people as the day passes , giving injections to adults, children, and seniors and helping people in need of my assistants.
Pros
meeting great people from adults to children and seniors.
Cons
none i love working with people.
hardworking and productive
pca (Current Employee) –  Ulster Park, NYMay 30, 2015
i take care and help people that are incapable of doing everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking meals, and many other everyday tasks.
Workflow
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAMay 27, 2015
Monitor patient intakes, Upgraded my nursing skill with caring for a patient with urinary tract problems. My lead was a great manager. I felt I handled everything to the best quality.
Pros
My hours of work
Cons
It ended
Challenging yet rewarding experience.
Autistic Adult Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 27, 2015
One would have to be very empathetic to work in this environment. Can be a bit stressful when the client is going through mood swings.
Pros
Create your own hours.
Cons
Little pay.
typical day at work
Speech Therapist (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 26, 2015
i usually start with motivational activities. Afterwards, a quick review of our past lessons to identify mastery level. Activities are based on childs performance and capabilities. I use a lot of reinceforcements to help motivate and inspire kids.
I love working in teams and independently. Collaboration is always needed to ensure that we meet the child's maximum potential.
Pros
work place near my house
Cons
short breaks
great
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIMay 20, 2015
I work well with others providing the best care possible willing to go the extra mile to ensure quality care. Can work with or without supervision. I also take time in whatever tasks and follow through every time.
Pros
Work well with others
Cons
unfinished tasks
Taking care of patient at home.
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 19, 2015
Very good pay and rewarding work. Typical work day was helping the patient with any complains they had. Learned how to take care of patients on a regular basses.

4.2