Home Care

Home Care Employee Reviews

provide skilled home health servives
Brookdale Senior Living (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: census varies
morning call with planning for the day with DPS, RDO, other RN's and therapy coordinators. I learned more about home health in assisted living facilities. The company employs RNs, LPNs, OT, PT, ST. Most difficult part of job is maintaining a steady census. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with residents and staff in the facilities
Helping others
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas TxOctober 29, 2014
Right now I am helping my elderly father in law, taking my mother in law to hospital, skilled nursing home and assisting with his recovery at home.Helped make their house safe. Bathing, dressing and incontinence care. Transport to Dr. Appt, run errands, and prepare meals. I learned to be patient and letting them do what they can for themselves. Cared for them by myself. The hardest part was being able to make my mother in law hear and understand what was going on(she has tenitous and losing her hearing. The enjoyable part was getting closer to them and being able to help them in anyway I can.
health care
aide (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAOctober 28, 2014
the client were the best I like working without supervision and beging my own boss
Caring for the sick with dignity and respect and strong sense of Compassion
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lansdale, PAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: visiting my patients and helping them in any way i could.
Cons: management turn-over.
I was responsible for visiting patients in their homes. Productivity was to see six patients per day. I assessed patients and their needs and felt rewarded in making a difference in their day. I usually exceeded six patients per day. I thoroughly enjoy being there to help patients with their needs.

My patients really look forward to my nursing visits. I took care of any issues at hand and my patients always would let me know how much they appreciated what I did, how much I made a difference. My patients would ask for me by name and always asked me to come back when they were readmitted to Home Health Services
productive and fun workplace
Home Attendant (Home Health Aide) (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I really enjoyed working with my patients, they were very lively with great sense of humor
good job
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIOctober 9, 2014
loved my home care job. the relationship I developed with the resident was strong. I enjoy the comfort of the home I am in.
Productive work invironment
Coordinator (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHOctober 9, 2014
Pros: i liked the job.
Cons: the job laid me off.
I enjoyed the different people I seen on a daily basis. I was always busy.
Great people and work experience
Client Advocacy Manager (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIOctober 9, 2014
Pros: dedicating myself to assisting others and seeing the differenence that we made in their life.
Cons: losing clients that i worked so hard to assist.
The company I worked for was very Client and Employee orientated. Thoroughly enjoyed my job(s) and the experience gained was insurmountable.
Poor leadership
Caregiver (Former Employee), Hobart, IN and Belvidere, TNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: education when they actually educated families
Cons: poor leadership
You are promised a promotion if you hit the numbers and it is like pulling teethe to get what was coming to you. On top of it you have no life and they expect you to pay to go to conventions which cost you a good 500.00 or so to go to each convention.
I loved being able to care for my husband.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLOctober 2, 2014
Pros: loved it
Cons: missed my sleep time
My day was a 24 hour routine. IV 24 hour and another was every six hours. I washed him, cooked his meals and did all y other wife duties. the nurse that came by for the pic line care was very pleased with how well I kept my husband clean and germ free.
Always productive and satisfying
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: compliments
Cons: healthcare
My job is something I love doing. Most especially when I can help my client reach their goals.

For the past year plus, I have put a lot of my knowledge into practice.

I also have the passion for what I have been engaged in doing. There hasn't been a harder part of my job, cause I know how to work with complicated and non complicated individuals and issues.
Freelance home renovation
Manager of home (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaSeptember 27, 2014
Renovated my home for an eventual sale. I enjoyed being self-employed. The hours were flexible.
a fun place to work
Pricate Aid (Former Employee), Rockland, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: activities
Cons: no breaks
I provided complete care to residents in a group home with dual diagnosis in psychiatric and developmental delay. With the children the violent behavior were tough because of the take down that followed (SKIP)
Great experience
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Port Gibson, MSSeptember 14, 2014
During my time working at At Home Care, I mostly worked dealt with filing and billing.
Providing home care for family member
Home Care Provider (Current Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Taking care of my sister who has needed my care for her everyday needs.
Autism - a new experience
Resident Support Provider (Former Employee), Londonderry, VTSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free room, utilities, internet, laundry facility, good hourly wage.
Cons: the stress of keeping client to a schedule.
My typical day was very different from any I'd worked before. My hours were 8 p.m.-8 a.m. (overnight, if any problem arose, but it did not as my client slept well) with one night off and a 12 hour shift on Sundays.

There were other ladies that had day shifts with my client, and they, as well as others in management were as helpful to me as they could be. I had many questions and wanted to do things correctly. My client and his cadre of devoted providers were an inspiration to me; I learned much from them: Prompts (where, when, and how to use them), places of interest I could take my client (I was learning the area, having moved to Vermont for the job), how to handle him if he got over-excited, and so much more.

The hardest part of my job was in trying to stay 'two-steps' ahead of my client. Every minute had to be planned out and the 12 hours on Sunday were very stressful to me. This was why I ultimately gave notice (2 months) and then returned to Illinois.

The best part of the job was seeing my client with free time; he was able to run and play in the parks, or hearing his laughter of pure joy anytime he could bounce on the trampoline in his yard, as well as playing the card game 'War' with me.

This experience has changed me, (for the better I'd like to think) and the people who employed me were remarkably strong, resilient, compassionate caregivers. My client also had loving, supportive family nearby, and a community that knew him, and wished only good things for him.
It was enjoyable to help an elderly gentleman
home health care (Former Employee), Pitsford New YorkSeptember 4, 2014
Cons: no other workers
I cooked full meals, cleaned and did light house keeping, while my clients daughter was at work.
working from
caregiving (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 3, 2014
working from home, assisted my mother. Scheduled and coordinated appointments, doctor visits and medical attention. Monitored daily on health, safety and comfort.
A fun place to work with good support
Senior Home Care (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with, nice office with great views.
Reviewed level of care, and made suggestions related to the focus of care, assigned appropriate ICD-9 codes to the highest level of specificity.
I would do what I do for work regardless of pay...if I didn't need the pay.
LPN/CNA/HHA/MOM (Current Employee), BridgewaterAugust 29, 2014
I enjoy seeing the face of every person I care for. It is a moment of re-assurance that they have been O.K since I left. I have learned to let it go when you leave and also to "leave" your own life at the door when you get there.
To feel is human but you must learn that you do what you can, put in a good honest effort and leave feeling satisfied that you have done a good job.
Management -...ughh
Hardest part of the job is caring.
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring.