Home Care

Home Care United States Employee Reviews

Overall enjoyable job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: bening able to help the different familys in there time of needs
Cons: cleaning out the potable potty chair
Everyday is pretty much the same i wash dishes take out trash make bed sweep mop vacuum clean restroom i have learned that working with the elderly you have to have a lot of patience my boss are a pleasure to work for i would say the hardest thing about the job would be cleaning the oven it can get a little greasy at times the best part of my job is the company of my patient
Centralized Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 21, 2014
*Verify insurance & benefits: Commercial-HMO’s & PPO’s Medicare Advantage plans, Workers Comp,
3rd Party Payors
*Reviewed for correct billing codes & filing guidelines
*Obtained authorizations
Productive and very busy
Medical Management Case Coordinator (Current Employee), 2500 Halsey Street Bronx NY 10461August 21, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: lack of raise and no bonus
Typical day at work, Busy always learning something new
I have learn to multi-task and handle complex calls from provider and vendors.
lack of management
co-workers work very well with other
The hardest part was trying get management assistants
The most enjoyable was employee activies
comfort keepers is a very suitable job for those who love one on ones with the elderly
comfort keepers (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 20, 2014
I will come in speak and make conversation to let them I'm here to take care of them. We would start eating lunch and then get ready to head out to differences places. Working comfort keepers really showed me a different aspect in life as when I get old I would want someone to treat me good and make feel like I matter
Best job ever
Homemaker/ Caregiver (Current Employee), Graham, NCAugust 11, 2014
Pros: being able to work at my own pace
Cons: not enough to dobest pllace
I cared for the family during periods of incapacitation, family disruption, and convalescence, providing captainship, personal care, and helping adjust to new lifestyle. Perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes or dishes, or running errands.Plan, shop for, and prepare nutritious meals as well as assist family in planning, shopping for, and preparing nutritious meals.Transport family to locations outside the home, such as to physicians’ office or outings, using a motor vehicle.
Cared for disabled daughter
Domestic Engineer (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 9, 2014
I worked in my home caring for a disabled daughter. I loved caring for her, it was very satisfying to know I gave her the best care that she deserved.
Childcare Provider (Current Employee), Glennville, GAAugust 7, 2014
Loved being around the patients.
Enjoyed helping them.
They taught me to love more.
Same as working with care giver lisint
Senior Home Care (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 5, 2014
Pros: life learning and experienced many traits that will carry with me forever.
Cons: not enough clients to keep the buisness
Working with the elderly teaches you to be thankful of your life, family and health. Please read my comments on being a care giver as well with children.
Caring for others
Caregiver (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 23, 2014
Working with an alzheimers patient can be stressful at times. My day consists of feeding the patient, bathing , companionship, and taking her out for a daily walk. I learned that I can have patience to a certain extent but also know how to control my impatience. The most difficult part of the job is to know what to say to the patient without making them resistant to your orders. What I love is that I am able to assist others in times of difficulty.
liked the work
care giver (Former Employee), Colton, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: every thing i needed was closeby
Cons: family moved in and it became overwhelming.
IT WAS ENJOYABLE TO HELP SOMEONE WHO COULD NO LONGER TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES.
No advancement with company
Caregiver (Former Employee), Northridge CaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: unable to know what was my day off, until the day before.
This was a private family job. I was taking care of a elderly lady until the end,
In Home Care.
Home Instead Senior Care (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILJuly 15, 2014
Pros: every day was different. love this job.
Cons: sometimes they can be difficult.
My day started different every day... Depending on the needs of my clients.. Mornings will be getting my client up and dressed, breakfast and start their daily routine of being home and comfortable. Afternoon till late Evenings will consist of making dinner and getting them set up for going to bed, making sure they are comfortable in their bed, when I did over nights it was monitoring there nightly needs, assist them to the washroom and making sure they were comfortable.
fun jobb
care giver (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: appriciation
Cons: lack of work at times
Hours are worked around your scheadual and the office personel are alway polite and profesional.
Medicare and insurance
Senior Home Care (Former Employee), pasco, flJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: verry poor management
co workers are excellent, management is poor no one cares or listens when you want to discuss concerns. you will drive a lot of miles and put large amounts of mileage on your car because the scheduling is the worst I've seen in 30 years of home care.
Home Live-In Care
Home Live-In Care (Current Employee), Flint, MIJune 27, 2014
A typical day at work is good because i like to make new friend learn new need talk to people read to people and also listen to there stories and problems.i learned that working in a group home because it will be fun and i can lean alot of still my co worker is fun she listen she make sure i get the job done the hardest part is watching them die the most part i enjoy about my job is being around them is them telling me they story how it was when they was growing up
great!!
mom (Current Employee), homeJune 19, 2014
my son has leukemia and I have stayed home with him and my other three kids for the last fourteen years.
Working at home
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2014
Pros: helping out when i was needed
Cons: wasn't getting paid
Working at home is great because you are your own boss. Caring for a love one is a hard job but its fun. I would help my client get in and out of bed, dress him, assist with feeding and his medications. Talking and just being there to make the time go away. Even though i didn't get paid it was an expericnce i would love to go through again!
Direct Assistance
Home Care Provider (Current Employee), Sunnyside, WAJune 6, 2014
Pros: direct assistance
Cons: short period of time through the day
A typical day is going to several home though out the day providing daily life assistance. It can range from light to heavy assistance. You learn to work in changing environment and client symptoms. The hardest part of the job is providing assistance in a short period of time however the enjoyable part is meeting individual clients. You get to know the client and enjoy assisting them.
More than just a job
Caregiver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2014
Pros: being needed and appreciated
The most enjoyable part of this job is building relationships with clients. This job takes more than doing the basic job duties, such as bathing, grooming, cooking, and running errands. You must have the right personality, patience, and compassion
Dedicated Nurses with compassion
RN (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAMay 27, 2014
Great clients, interesting work, educated and compassionate co workers.

Home Care Salaries