Home Care

Home Care Employee Reviews

I loved being able to care for my husband.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Zephyrhills, FLOctober 2, 2014
Pros: loved it
Cons: missed my sleep time
My day was a 24 hour routine. IV 24 hour and another was every six hours. I washed him, cooked his meals and did all y other wife duties. the nurse that came by for the pic line care was very pleased with how well I kept my husband clean and germ free.
Always productive and satisfying
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: compliments
Cons: healthcare
My job is something I love doing. Most especially when I can help my client reach their goals.

For the past year plus, I have put a lot of my knowledge into practice.

I also have the passion for what I have been engaged in doing. There hasn't been a harder part of my job, cause I know how to work with complicated and non complicated individuals and issues.
Freelance home renovation
Manager of home (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaSeptember 27, 2014
Renovated my home for an eventual sale. I enjoyed being self-employed. The hours were flexible.
a fun place to work
Pricate Aid (Former Employee), Rockland, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: activities
Cons: no breaks
I provided complete care to residents in a group home with dual diagnosis in psychiatric and developmental delay. With the children the violent behavior were tough because of the take down that followed (SKIP)
Great experience
Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Port Gibson, MSSeptember 14, 2014
During my time working at At Home Care, I mostly worked dealt with filing and billing.
Providing home care for family member
Home Care Provider (Current Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Taking care of my sister who has needed my care for her everyday needs.
Autism - a new experience
Resident Support Provider (Former Employee), Londonderry, VTSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free room, utilities, internet, laundry facility, good hourly wage.
Cons: the stress of keeping client to a schedule.
My typical day was very different from any I'd worked before. My hours were 8 p.m.-8 a.m. (overnight, if any problem arose, but it did not as my client slept well) with one night off and a 12 hour shift – more... on Sundays.

There were other ladies that had day shifts with my client, and they, as well as others in management were as helpful to me as they could be. I had many questions and wanted to do things correctly. My client and his cadre of devoted providers were an inspiration to me; I learned much from them: Prompts (where, when, and how to use them), places of interest I could take my client (I was learning the area, having moved to Vermont for the job), how to handle him if he got over-excited, and so much more.

The hardest part of my job was in trying to stay 'two-steps' ahead of my client. Every minute had to be planned out and the 12 hours on Sunday were very stressful to me. This was why I ultimately gave notice (2 months) and then returned to Illinois.

The best part of the job was seeing my client with free time; he was able to run and play in the parks, or hearing his laughter of pure joy anytime he could bounce on the trampoline in his yard, as well as playing the card game 'War' with me.

This experience has changed me, (for the better I'd like to think) and the people who employed me were remarkably strong, resilient, compassionate caregivers. My client also had loving, supportive family nearby, and a community that knew him, and wished only good things for him. – less
It was enjoyable to help an elderly gentleman
home health care (Former Employee), Pitsford New YorkSeptember 4, 2014
Cons: no other workers
I cooked full meals, cleaned and did light house keeping, while my clients daughter was at work.
working from
caregiving (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 3, 2014
working from home, assisted my mother. Scheduled and coordinated appointments, doctor visits and medical attention. Monitored daily on health, safety and comfort.
A fun place to work with good support
Senior Home Care (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with, nice office with great views.
Reviewed level of care, and made suggestions related to the focus of care, assigned appropriate ICD-9 codes to the highest level of specificity.
I would do what I do for work regardless of pay...if I didn't need the pay.
LPN/CNA/HHA/MOM (Current Employee), BridgewaterAugust 29, 2014
I enjoy seeing the face of every person I care for. It is a moment of re-assurance that they have been O.K since I left. I have learned to let it go when you leave and also to "leave" your own life at – more... the door when you get there.
To feel is human but you must learn that you do what you can, put in a good honest effort and leave feeling satisfied that you have done a good job.
Management -...ughh
Hardest part of the job is caring.
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring. – less
Great summer job
Emeritus (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: i was the only person working at my station ringing up customers and cooking it became stressful, but i stayed calm and got the job done.
This job taught me everything I needed to know about customer service I cooked hot dogs, rang up customers, an also poured drinks
A Productive work day helping someone who is in need if my services.
Health Care Provider (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2014
Pros: i was in a comfortable setting
A typical day doing Home Care would be preparing meals, providing medicaton as scheduled, setting up appointments, running minimal amount of errands if needed and bathing patient daily once out of the day.
It is a fun, hardworking workplace.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 28, 2014
It is a lot of work to work with kids but it is enjoyable. I love working with kids.
Nice clients and management
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 28, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, free lunch, and free dinner. also people there were very nice.
The Management and client were great, We helped and had some close relationships with the clients and they really were speicfic in the employee that they wanted to work with because they created a trustworthy bond with them.
Insurance verifiction and Utilization review
Senior Home Care (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: geat team platers
• Responsible for accurate and timely insurance verification and authorizations
• Monitor the workflow of the daily duties for CIS department
• Monitor the timelines of all initial and subsequent authorizations – more... for the company
• Run and review all insurance tools and reports
• Responsible for the daily processing of all insurances that are verified by corporate
• Responsible to communicate insurance information directly to districts
• Entering and monitoring all insurance information for districts
• Complete other duties as assigned – less
Overall enjoyable job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: bening able to help the different familys in there time of needs
Cons: cleaning out the potable potty chair
Everyday is pretty much the same i wash dishes take out trash make bed sweep mop vacuum clean restroom i have learned that working with the elderly you have to have a lot of patience my boss are a pleasure to work for i would say the hardest thing about the job would be cleaning the oven it can get a little greasy at times the best part of my job is the company of my patient
Centralized Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 21, 2014
*Verify insurance & benefits: Commercial-HMO’s & PPO’s Medicare Advantage plans, Workers Comp,
3rd Party Payors
*Reviewed for correct billing codes & filing guidelines
*Obtained authorizations
Productive and very busy
Medical Management Case Coordinator (Current Employee), 2500 Halsey Street Bronx NY 10461August 21, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: lack of raise and no bonus
Typical day at work, Busy always learning something new
I have learn to multi-task and handle complex calls from provider and vendors.
lack of management
co-workers work very well with other
The hardest part was trying get management assistants
The most enjoyable was employee activies
comfort keepers is a very suitable job for those who love one on ones with the elderly
comfort keepers (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 20, 2014
I will come in speak and make conversation to let them I'm here to take care of them. We would start eating lunch and then get ready to head out to differences places. Working comfort keepers really showed me a different aspect in life as when I get old I would want someone to treat me good and make feel like I matter