Home Consignment Center Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 20, 2017
************It is a fun place to work! Employee has to be ready for a fast-pace environment. Every day is different from products and guide lines.********
Overall a great place to work
assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 20, 2017
loved it there its just time to move on. i am hoping to find something along the lines of janitorial work. general labor would be fine as well, i have experience in both fields.
Retail
Administration, Retail Environment (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 14, 2017
Great customers and a fun place. Great hours, oike retail but prefer more of an admin position

Manager is great, enjoyed the folks i work with. Manager is aware that i am looking for a greater opportunity.
Pros
Csr
Cons
No advancement
ahh
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2017
hard to work enviorment didnt like the employees alot cause they used to always nag me for no reason i almost thought they were racist
really productive area , always something to do
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2017
i like the job over all not just because the employees but just for the experience of working somewhere that involved furniture and all other cool stuff that came in the warehouse
Pros
discount on products
Cons
low pay
Really cool place.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAAugust 17, 2016
Working there gets boring when there isn't any thing else to do besides clean the furniture and floors but for the most part I got to see Kim Kardashian shopping next door at the market. I also got to the Chuck "Ice Man" Liddell.
Its really cool to see all the different items people bring to consign.
The only hard part about this job is loading furniture into small cars.
Fun place to work in
Sales and Design Consultant and staging (Former Employee) –  Mountain View - Danville, CAJuly 7, 2016
A typical day starts from 10 am to 5pm. Helping clients find furniture, consigning, and pricing and staging floor, communicating with clients and vendors.
Pros
Bones
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Beware!! They will use you up and toss you to the curb
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Texas Gulf Coast, TXOctober 26, 2015
Have NEVER experienced such a hostile environment
In my emtire career. These people are LIARS. USERS, and will promise the world until they get what they want and once that happens, you will be thrown out like a piece of trash.
Cons
Not a fun place to work overall-micro managed
Administrative /Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danville, CASeptember 26, 2015
Bad place to work without any support on growing. Coworkers afraid to loose their job so unwilling to teach you any new tasks.
Pros
flexiable work hours for the most part
Cons
one week vacation
was there for 1yr
stock person (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 15, 2014
was just not happy but stuck it out as long as I could,was asked to do things that would put others at risk
Pros
was my frist job in CA
Cons
too many to list
Varied and exciting, Independent and team environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calabasas, CAOctober 9, 2014
As a sales associate you are responsible for going out to the homes of potential consignors and reviewing their furniture, pricing the furniture and discussing our companies consignment policies. Based on experience, determine the retail selling price in our store of the consignors items. It has to be beneficial for the consignors to send their items in, so the right pricing is important. If the consignor decides to send their items in, we then arrange for movement of the items, tag the items and begin the process of selling them on the floor. If the items do not sell within in a certain amount of type, the consignors are contacted to lower price, pick the items back up or send them out for donation. This is an ongoing process, and brining in the right items at the right helps to get the company to sales levels that allow the sales people to receive bonuses.

Everyone that comes to the store raves about the store and makes it fun to work there. We get to go to some amazing homes and get to know our customers well.
Pros
The excitement in the store, receiving unusual items and selling to people who are so excited about the store.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, standing for hours on concrete floor, salary
This was a great company to work with, as , i believe there concept is wounderful.I enjoyed working here,.
Sales Associate / Designer / Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 24, 2014
My Review of the companies I have worked with over the recent years, I so enjoyed all the companies, However the companies , really needed to focus , on the values of its employee.s. I see this as a concern for the employee's as they did not have faith in themselves, and a mentor program is so important , which makes the employee really focus on becoming a true valued dedicated employee. All the positions I had were seasonal positions , meaning hours were cut. Great companies, , and may have great futures..
Pros
I didnt see any Pros, with theses companies
Cons
Corperations were alittle tighter theses's days
Iteresting concept wish I would have thought of it!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CaJuly 13, 2013
Management has all been let go. Different product everyday repeat customers everyday. Loved my staff very upbeat. Job could be hard never really would know how to turn someone down when they thought they had a great peice sometimes you had to let them down and say no. I loved my manager she was right on and told it like it is and I appreciate that.
Pros
Everyone really was easy going...no drama. We spoke our minds and thats hard to find.
Cons
Started in the deptartment of Jewelery, she had a disorder so went to Furniture, owners of the furniture dept were in the Law business so it was always, tricky. Laid off with most of the staff.
great place to buy start things for your home or sale something to make a little extra money
none (Former Employee) –  Folsom CaMarch 6, 2012
Made a lot of friends here and learned great skills . Good hours and flexible schedule
Pros
great first job to learn skills
Cons
not great pay