Home Delivery America Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
unrealistic expectation with little or no tools to succeed
Claim Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 1, 2015
Corporate office located in another state barely made any contact with upper management. little or no help form upper management.
Not the best company to work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMay 7, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company until they picked up and moved quite far from the location they were at when I was hired. I would have never applied if I knew a year later they would pick up and move to a horrible neighborhood far from where they were located when I was hired. I was never asked, just assumed, I would work overtime and was penalized when that conflicted with a family member's wedding, even when I let them know as soon as I was notified that I was to work overtime 2 days prior. A manager used to make inappropriate comments on my body, and I was penalized for asking them to stop and notifying the general manager. Overall, I enjoyed the work I did, but the work environment was lacking.
Pros
loved the work
Cons
management acted inappropriately, was penalized for requiring life-work balance, no room for advancement
busy day & pleasant co-workers
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMarch 14, 2014
heavy phones dealing with customers problems, setting up delivery dates and drivers calls

daily paper work with manifest and pod's

scanning all pod's from previous days deliveries

getting certificates of insurance for customer's deliveries
Results Driven company transitioning from sole proprietor to ESOP
Sr. Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 13, 2012
Oversee performance of large operations providing white glove in-home delivery of furniture and appliances. Hired the best in class managers to work with and brainstorm on how to identify areas and opportunities for improvement. Recruitment of owner operators with skills to meet client and company standard metrics. Exceeding goals was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
rising stock price for all participants in plan
Cons
extensive travel requirements
Floor Supervisor
Office Assistant / Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 24, 2012
It was always a rush working at Simsbury, from the being of the shift to the end, busy non stop hustle. I learned all my multitasking skills there. We were always short handed but it never stopped the fresh food from leaving the counter. there was a well diverse group of coworker.

2.6