Home Depot
13,034 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment with great job culture
Merchandising Execution Associate Supervisor (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches, social environment, benefits
Cons: Expensive benefits, too many bosses
Fast paced work environment, there is room for growth if your very aggressive with great job culture. (Birthday cakes, Holiday events, BBQ's)
We started our shift at 5am with a morning meeting of current events after a brief email check. We stretch before we work and then the team starts organizing the sales floor in an aisle, bay by bay until it looks grand opening new. Then were off to a break. Back to the sales floor, then lunch. After lunch we continue thru the store helping customers and working the sales floor up to last break(2 15 minute breaks, one at 8am one at 12pm.) We work until 1:30pm then our shift is over.
Management is over abundant.
Co-workers are one of the best things there.
The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with all of the managers issues and tasks. All of them require the utmost importance and need to be done immediately while maintaining your daily regimen.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the functions and people. They allow you a window of time to relax and enjoy the company of those around you. Plus you get to see people enjoy themselves and see the reaction of people when they see a surprise birthday cake never gets old.
Great Company
Associate Support Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Compensation
The Home Depot is a great company to work for and I enjoy dealing with customers on a regular basis. The company has taught me a lot about people, management skills and trained me to be a better me.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elk grove ilMay 20, 2015
Pros: learning new stuff everday
Cons: no hours
a fun place to work. I learned a lot of things working at this place. I also took a few training classes to better me at my job to ensure the department was meeting goals
no manager support
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), houstonMay 20, 2015
Pros: customer friendly, happy enviroment
Cons: no stability
I really enjoyed working at Home Depot. I love people and helping others. what i didn't like was the management not doing their best to keep/take care of good employes. making promises of advancement or pay increases and not following trough with it.
Great if you like to help customers
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Bay City, MIMay 20, 2015
This company is a good place to work if you can handle dealing with customers on a daily basis. It can get very busy and overwhelming for some people. Due to being a retailer with a main focus on customer service you will work late and early hours and almost every single weekend. it can some times be hard to manage your home life around your weird work schedule. As you move up with the company the stress level increases more than the pay scale.
Great busy atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakland Park, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: 1 Hour lunches, benefits
Cons: overtime is limited
Its a good company to work for. There's alot of benefits that the company has. Also it's good for people who like to stay busy.
Hands on
Merchandising Execution Team (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMay 20, 2015
I enjoy working on MET for The Home Depot. The early hours work well with my school schedule. I enjoy the hands on work when completing projects. There is a lot of monotonous work when it comes to general service. Our team is small but this makes us close. You can leave work with a sense of accomplishment but there are times you come back to work and wonder if you had even done anything the previous day. The pay could be a bit more but I'm sure everyone can say that about their job.

Overall, I enjoy working on the MET team. I enjoy the sense of accomplishment when I leave at the end of the day.
Learning Experience
Tool Rental Associate - Various other positions (Current Employee), Greenville, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: benefits, each day offers different challenges
Cons: shift work, separate days off
Company encourages associates to set goals to advance their careers. Working retail is different than corporate but the same philosophy applies - apply yourself to all tasks assigned to you.
Fun workplace, overall.
GAREN ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 20, 2015
Pros: Fun, positive energy, long breaks, good pay
Cons: Disorganization, scheduling issues
The people at Home Depot are great. Due to me being a college student, I sometimes have issues with my scheduling. Due to recent events, I assume, the management system is slightly disorganized, which has an effect on the employees. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the heat, as well as other employees who are slacking with their duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a enjoyable atmosphere. The garden center is probably the best job to have, if you enjoy being outside and staying busy.
Stable job, Great Pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great hours, good pay.
Cons: Bad scheduling.
I enjoyed working at home depot. The only disadvantage is bad scheduling. Other than that it is a great company to work for.
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), caMay 20, 2015
typical day at work i would go to the locker room leave my things in the locker put my apron on punch in as i walking up to the front i would greet customers along the way or help if they had a question. my co workers were really helpful especially the first week i started there. i learned how to handle money transactions and customer service. the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers and since i was a cashier we would sometimes have to go outside to the garden and i loved it there
great break room, work environment could be better
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mira Mesa, CAMay 20, 2015
Seems like the only people who get positive attention are the ones who are popular or liked. they are not too realistic when it comes to working with another schedule, (i.e. another job, school, etc)
Great experience
Special Services Associate (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 20, 2015
I loved being able to connect with the public on a daily basis. I enjoy helping people. It was a great company to work for and they care about their employees.
Team-based
Cashier Associate P/T (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Very encouraging to grow
Cons: Have to be on your feet
They look out for each other. Seeks for everyone to better. Once you make your responsibility doable, everyone else's job become a breeze and time goes by faster. Very flexible with schedule. Gives extra work days if asked. Extremely friendly. Never had a problem asking for help.
Worst days were when the weather is terrible and the days goes by slowly. When the machines shut down and lose power or lags.
Best part is still able to be yourself, comfortably, while maintain your position. Everyone learns to know you by name even customers. The connection between associates is strong.
Team oriented work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mountain Home, ARMay 20, 2015
Pros: Often had free food of some sort. Friendly coworkers.
Cons: Poor managment response time. Increased fatigue from concrete floors.
Home Depot was a relatively good place to work. The pay was decent for an entry level, skill-less job, and the environment was usually friendly and supportive.
Horrible
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAMay 20, 2015
There was hardly any hours given.
They send you home early even if you worked only two hours.
Co-workers are nice to work with
Management was alright
I learned to be persistent in my job
Decent work place, Great cowrkers and environment
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 20, 2015
At times a fun place to work and grow from others. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and completing tasks that need to be done before the day is over.
I love the warehouse feel with the retail touch
Store associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 20, 2015
Pros: for every 2 hours you work you get a 15 min break
Cons: Management, sop
It is an exciting place of business. a great place to get some skill/work history i wouldn't make it a career though. its not really the long term kind of place to be.
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Quincy, ILMay 19, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: labor intensive (not that bad really)
Friendly welcoming environment, great people, great work, great environment. fun and challenging. ten out of ten would apply again. very good work.
Good company but bad family to job ratio
Manager (Current Employee), texasMay 19, 2015
Pros: benifets, people
Cons: hours, consistency
love working for this company but the demands on home life can be a bit tough. associates are like family here. hardest part of the job is of course dealing with upset customers but also is the most rewarding part of the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries