Home Depot Employee Reviews in United States

Found 17,217 reviews matching the search
Part-Time Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 30, 2016
I loved working here, they're very flexible with your hours and have many different things there to help you if you get into a bind.
Good job to get you in shape
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDMay 30, 2016
Good job to have very demanding and its always work to get done. Management and coworkers are good people to be around. I've learned team work gets you far and that's a plus. Hardest part of the job is finishing on time. Most enjoyable part of the job is there is no weekend work.
Pros
An hour break
Cons
Room forAdvancement
If you are in school, its a great place to work.
DWCC (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 30, 2016
I wanted a low stress job for my senior year of college and it provided that. THD also has great benefits, I had PTO and sick pay plus profit sharing and stock options and bonus opportunities for everyone.
Pros
too many to name
Cons
not many
Garden Associate
Employee and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sterling Park, VAMay 30, 2016
Fast-paced and stressful retail job. You're expected to help in every department without training in every department and for minimal pay. Management in my store is active and engaged along with associates in the job, but this is not the case everywhere. You have to lift heavy objects repetitively for large parts of your day and most of the long term associates have back problems. You'll never find anyone that can help you in plumbing, flooring, or electrical because people with that knowledge can make far more as contractors, requiring you to pick up on the job training from the customers.
Pros
hour long lunch breaks
Cons
strenuous activity, high expectations, very little pay, high stress
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2016
Help customer with checking out with their products. Cashiering and running cashier machines and returns or self-checkout. Dealing with customers and making sure they are taken care of. I learned more skills of running cashier and doing returns. Management was nice, co-workers nice. Doing returns was the hardest part and the most enjoyable was dealing with customers.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Not enough training to run machine
productive work place
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for The Home Depot, Management was pretty good, typical work day wasn't bad at all. There was almost always coverage. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the angry customers. Others wise a good job.
Pros
long breaks, multiple breaks, lovely people.
Cons
All the orange
Productive and Fun Workplace
Puller (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 30, 2016
Fun Job, challenging,Great CO workers,always something to do..Customer Service,Using my Certificate to pull customers orders
i love my coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2016
ive been there 7 yrs with a up and down full time schedule and now thats changed to a set schedule and I got stuck with the closing shift. made my entire life miserable. otherwise its a lovely place to work so long as you like to help people.
Pros
fun activities for coworkers...bonus checks for sucess sharing
Cons
management dont communicate well with workers
Please read my review
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 29, 2016
No issues. excellent Human Resources Team
I believe Store Management and ASMs should better recognize those store associates who are actually the contributing team members.*Not just the other ASMs who work there and Those team members like myself who have the skills and experience by working with vendors and vendor representatives as well as product knowledge gained . better tracting of actual sales contributors to meet store numbers within each as well as my own department.
I personally have added over 750 new customers through the Garden Club membership per 3 to 4 month season and Have many repeat customers who actually ask for me.
A lot of opportunity to learn.
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 29, 2016
Environment is good with a lot of opportunities to learn, good safety policy and friendly management although is hard to find position available for 1st shift because there is not additional incentive to wok in 2nd.
Pros
Friendly environment, comfortable dress etiquette.
Cons
Hard to find a position available to work 1st shift.
Productive workspace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILMay 29, 2016
Time management was hard, sometimes the place would be full other times it would be empty. Overall it was a great experience for customer service.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Scheduled during finals
Productive, Keeps me busy
Cashier/Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 29, 2016
Home depot is a good paying job as long as they keep up with the hours, good benefits, they provide associates with love and care
Friendly people
Garden Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 29, 2016
Great atmosphere in the workplace. Fun to work at. Good management. Was easy to feel good at work. Was organized and uniformed in that I felt like I was on a team.
Would like a comfortable workplace
Cashier all departments and customer service (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALMay 28, 2016
Accomplish all company growth and requirements.Work well with management, customers and associates.Build the company's profits. Best part of my day is to smile and enjoy my job everyday with customers, management and coworkers.
Pros
Have very good growth
Cons
Employee change over and stability
The home depot dfc in perris california off of markham st.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 28, 2016
I worked at the home depot nearly 1 year and the whole time that I was employed at the home depot it felt like a prison. I am sorry, but if you like people looking at you seeing what you are doing every 5 minutes, then work here. But, if you don't like people telling you what to do, how to do it, for how long to do it, how to act, what to say, and even how to walk, then do not work here. Almost every manager that works here is a control freak. They will literally fire anyone who merely looks at them the wrong way or god forbid makes a mistake. The moment I got hired here I was deceived into thinking that this was the place for me to grow, but soon became my worse nightmare. Management plays a whole lot of favoritism and chooses to keep employees that will only kiss their behind and even lick their boots. This place really sucked and I hated the way in which management put their own self-inflicted and stubborn agendas rather then helping employees to grow. Here, there is not room to grow because all managers, supervisors, and even general managers are all looking out for their own interests before the company itself. Very sad and stressful environment. Feel sorry for all managers and employee alike. Grow up.
Great Work Environment
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARMay 27, 2016
I had a really good experience with Home Depot. I learned a lot pertaining to the Flooring Department, management was really supportive, and even though there was a lot of heavy lifting involved, I really enjoyed work on a day to day basis.
Pros
great work environment, good benefits
Cons
lot of heavy lifting
Good job
Stocker/Freight Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 27, 2016
This place was a very good job. If I didnt have health problems I would have never quit this job. I had a lot of fun working here. Putting boxes from a pallet on the shelves.
ok place to work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2016
Great benefits but if there is no work then you go home. Never OT It's hard work but the pay is good if you can stay a full day. But the environment is great.
productive in fun place to work
Sales floor/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2016
enjoy being a team player in assisting with the customers in good management team and being able to work in different work areas
stressful
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLMay 27, 2016
It's a stressful environment and I am looking to expand my knowledge and skill set. I operate the lift equipment and work the heavy and bulky freight. It's hard work, but at the end of the day it pays off. Management is not the best. Used to be upheld, but now its gone down hill. The crew has the good and the bad. Majority of the team is friendly and good to associate with, but there are the bad seeds. I believe the hardest part of the job is how stressful it can be, but I enjoy working independently and as a team.