Home Depot
11,935 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

Work place
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Oakland, CaliforniaFebruary 26, 2015
A typical work day at The Home Depot consists of lots of attention to the specifics of my job description. So therefore i stand a lot communicate with customers to a certain extent since i am a merchandiser. Service the bays within the aisles, made sure items on shelves and peg hooks are restocked, price tags were changed and items were presentable. I learned how to check what we have in stock and if already have items ordered and shipped to the store with Motorola phones. The management at home depot was alright there needed to be more order within the store. My coworkers were very social and kind. the hardest part of my job is when we are behind and i am forced to work alone while others do nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job when we are actually caught up on our weekly set goal.
nice place to work
Hardware/ Garden Associate (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: low pay
The home depot is a nice place to work. There is room to grow at the home depot if you want to put in the time and training to do so. The pay is low to start, but if you put in the time you can make a great living.
pool table in the lunch room
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free holidays lunch also activities
Cons: 1 hour break
i love all my co-workers and a few managers, some are nice and some unfair. i love all my customers they are all loyal. i am a great peoples person, easy to deal with customers and a`ssociates
SHOWED UP TO WORK
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: work
Cons: seasonal
HOME DEPOT IS A SEASONAL JOB. ALL WORK IS RELATED TO CHANGE AND A QUICK TURN OF RELATED INVENTORY. GAINED ALL EXPECTED TRAINING TO MAKE THIS BECOME WHAT A CUSTOMER WANTS.
Fun and productive place
Hardware Associate/Cashier/Tool Rental Associate (Current Employee), Flushing, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: set your own lunch
The Home Depot is a great place to work there is always room for advancement the supervisors are great they teach you so much and are always there to help if you need it the benefits are great and we do get a bonus twice a year the enviroment is like a family so working there feels like home
Working for Home Depot
Cashier (Former Employee), Ankeny, iowaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: meet new challanges everyday
Cons: having to deal with unhappy co workers
My role at Home Health Depot is by far the most rewarding job, that I have ever held.I looked forward to going to work everyday and even picked up extra shifts. Typical day would be me walking to work which is 2 miles, and still maken it ontime to clock in. I would start by signing onto the register then focus on customers and cleaning around my station. Every customer that came thru my area was always greeted with a smile and a how are you. Checking people out was a pleasure for because I got to get to know them a lil bit more and the projects they were working on. I enjoyed thanking the military customers for their service.
Eh.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Smithfield, RIFebruary 26, 2015
The distance was tough to travel, I tried to transfer to a different store, they would not let me. I tried to quit, they gave me no hours my last two weeks,when I talked to the HR supervisor, she gave me 30 hours the week AFTER my two weeks were over.
Fun workplace with decent people,
Freight Associate/ Trainer (Former Employee), Cadillac, MIFebruary 26, 2015
The job wasn't that bad and the other employees were really nice. I am still friends with some of my previous co workers there. However, the pay is terrible. Especially for a multi billion dollar company like them.
A Typical Day At Work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: develop good working relationships with other co-workers
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Day starts by pulling orders for LTL
Coordinate workers for different work tasks
Returning misspicks to stock
Generating paper picks for missed ships
Overseeing productivity of each worker
Watching for Safety violations
Customer service (Current Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Home Depot is a nice working environment. I've been there twelve years.The management is flexible with my schedule since I only work part-time there. The hardest part of my shift are the hours waking up at three in the morning.
The job is a very active and encouraging environment, yet the political rangeling by culture and ethnic groups stifle the growth and production.
Flooring/Window treatment Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: learning the business from the business...
Cons: nepatism.
The ability to grow is connected to how well you connect to the support staff. Yet, the people tend to undermine the work of anyone that they see as a threat to the position they are lead to believe they have.
Fairly busy throughout the week and weekends, yet can be a fun and fulfilling work environment.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Stafford, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Customer volume is unpredictable. One day it could be very slow and the next it could be extremely busy. I learned better money management skills while on the job. How to train, teach, and develop my cashier team in order to provide the best possible service to our customers. Most important of all, I learned how to be a leader while on and off the job. Unfortunately I cannot speak too much about the store's management team as I did not get to associate with them too often. All I can say is that they were usually available to answer my questions and customers' questions if I could not. They were available to assist the front end with obtaining more money for the registers and to deal with disgruntled customers. My front end team was ideal. They provides several opportunities to learn how to be a better leader. The cashiers looked up to me for guidance. The hardest part of the job was having to adjust to new changes and delegating those changes out to the front end cashiers to ensure that they start adhering to the new procedures. It was difficult to do this simply because there were frequent changes.
Forklift
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Austell, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: hard worker
Cons: i overlook my work which, i've overcome.
Operates order Picker and Forklift around the Warehouse.
Pulls product from the warehouse for shipment to the stores.
Wraps ordes on Pallets for Shipment.
Place Shipment on Racking System.
Cleaning up debris on warehouse floor.
Lifts loose or stray products.
Order Selector (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: management and people
Cons: pay
I enjoyed working as an order selector. Supervisor was nice and pleasant to work for. Co-workers were nice and competetive. No real hard part about the job
Associates are treated like a number
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good, kind associates
Cons: associates are treated like a number
Home Depot preaches Customer Service but does not back it up with action. Associates are treated as a means to an end. Upper management does not provide backing for associates or Store Management. Customer service is graded on availability of associates however hours are monitored and set at a minimum and expected to be held below forecast leaving departments without any coverage. Many times store is not allowed to backfill associates when they call out sick due to the district needing to make hourly metrics. Then Store is punished for the metric that is low due to this. Expectations are to make metrics but not allowed to follow procedures that are put in place by corporate. Makes for very stressful environmen
Pro Sales Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham,AlFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: fastpace
Cons: cutbacks
I have enjoyed all of my jobs and have gained so much from everyone and I look forward to finding a wonderful employer to send many years working with.
Job and manager
Assets Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Vauxhall, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: workplace environment
My boss was a great person to work for, knew his job well and trained and taught me on how to get promoted. Some co-workers were great to work with and definitely helped me at my job. I liked to apprehend suspects and prevent a loss in our store.
Good company overall
Lumber Associate (Former Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Management overall was friendly, very customer service oriented job. Winter is slow and you often lose hours for a couple of months if not full time.
Productive work area with basketball goals.
GWA (Former Employee), HOUSTON TXFebruary 26, 2015
the home depot was a good place to work although I am no longer there I can not say anything bad about the place. management could have been better and made the environment easier however. the hardest part about my job was the traffic on the way to work. the thing I enjoyed the most was being able to wake up and be able to go to work to know I have a steady income.
Overall an alright company
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Apple Valley, MNFebruary 26, 2015
The management there was not well put together, and anyone under their job title were considered incompetent. No room for advancement and didn't fully complete my job training.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more