Home Depot
14,149 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

It was a good job, but..
Freight team (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Management were rude and didn't reward hard work
The second time I worked there was worse than the first. You'd think that working even harder and having previous experience would have made them see me as something other than a number.. but nope!
always busy,assisting customers and other employees,
ORDER PULLER/DELIVERY (Former Employee), vista, caAugust 4, 2015
Pros: friendly enviroment to work at
from start to finish of every shift i was kept busy pulling orders, delivering customer orders. i dealt with customers face to face assisting them to find whatever they may need through out the store and also helping out other employees if needed.
good place to work if you dont mind standing a lot
Cashier (Former Employee), Snohomish countyAugust 3, 2015
Pros: good managment, decent coworkers
Cons: small pay and boring
Management is nice.Coworkers are nice. the only thing I didn't like about it was the pay and it was super boring. I cant stand to just stand in one spot most of the day I need more activities to do.
Good People
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Willing to teach
Cons: Difficult to work the floor during staff meetings
Good People to work for. Sometimes stressful but always willing to listen to employees and teach their employees new skills.
I love the family aspect that common employees have created at the store.
Contractor Sales (Current Employee), Reno, NVAugust 3, 2015
Pros: The schedule
Cons: health care, not enough workers EVER
I make and receive phone calls through out the day for quotes. I make follow up calls to finalize sales and confirm orders. Emailing and faxing customers to communicate what was discussed on prior phone – more... calls. I must also keep on eye on passer by customers and help with store questions. Also check customers out to get them on their way. And coordinate with fellow associates to load customer orders needed asap, and future orders paid in full.

The hardest part of my day is there is never enough employees working to handle the work load, but we get it done with team work.

The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my customers and friends I work with. I love helping in all I do. – less
Highly productive workplace with well established culture
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Culture, benefits, bonus structure
Cons: Long days, job security
Worked at a high volume store. No, downtime, high expectations. Great management team highlighted by store manager, who in spite of high demand and volume made it a point to ensure we had the nest quality of life.
customer service representative
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Greenville, TXAugust 3, 2015
While working at Home Depot I learned a lot about the store and products. With this knowledge, I was able to assist the customers the best way possible.
Garden department was fun to work in
Garden Associate (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Fairly familiar work
Cons: Terminated
Typical day: Putting the Customer first
What I learned: Pesticides, lawn care, various tasks around the store
Management: Management doesn't care much about their associates
Co-workers: great team
Its ok
Department Manager (Current Employee), Ludington, MIAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Good benifits
Cons: Lots of on the job politics
Not a bad company, but certain store, certain districts make their own rules to make the money and protect their interests. You can either stab your way to the time, remain off the radar, or dig in and hope for the best.
The Home Depot
Chat (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: If you do not know someone in upper management you will not be promoted.
When working for this company I would advise you to know someone that is in upper management. With The Home Depot I found that they showed favoritism toward individuals who had been working for the company – more... since it was in Baton Rouge. While I do understand the fact that you would want a seasoned professional in leadership positions it is of a great disadvantage when those individuals lack the seasoning they claim to be looking for. – less
Great place to work with people who ACTUALLY care about YOU!
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee), Victorville, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: success sharing bonus checks every six months, company barbecues for your birthday, store anniversary, or associate home depot anniversary.
Cons: expensive benefit package.
come in, sign into the first phone. 15 min meeting/stretch. go out on the sales floor and stock shelves, replace damaged/missing signs/displays. ensure that bays are set to planogram.
A cashier / return assoc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Canal Winchester, OHAugust 3, 2015
Pros: the cook outs the employee outings. yearly meetings
Cons: short breaks, no room for advancement
Meeting customers an seeing if they needed any help call or page the department that they needed, return items that they did not want an maintain cleanliness of the area. an take back any returns
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee), Alton, ILAugust 3, 2015
Good place to work. Got the training needed for position to do job. Management was never around to help. Hard time trying to get help from department for a customer.
overall very good place to work
sales associate and pack out clerk (Former Employee), Passaic, NJAugust 3, 2015
I learned how to improve driving a fork lift up and down isles I was able to complete if not all the majority of my orders given to me a night
i liked working there and i enjoyed my custmors
pro sales (Former Employee), 32177August 3, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: store manger was ill
they was good to work for but i had to quit to take care of my ill fatheri should have stayed but i y father was dyeing of cancer and i had to take care of him and my mother it was a steady job i knew what to do and was very good at what i did
very comfortable, and productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dawsonville, GAAugust 3, 2015
Working for the Home Depot has taught everything I know today. I have learned so much about how to give great customer service. Everyone that I work with is so friendly, and helpful.
Fast Growing Company
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), South Hill, VAAugust 3, 2015
Fast growing company.

As an inventory associate with Home Depot, I verified the on hand counts of product, investigated, and resolved any discrepancies.
Order stock, place special customer orders, price accordingly, and validate incoming orders.
Most enjoyable part of job was meeting the customers.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Edmond, OKAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Medical coverages are no longer available to part time employees
I enjoy my job at Home Depot. It is a great place to meet people from different walks of life. I work in the garden department where I enjoy sharing my knowledge of gardening with customers. the garden associates are like a family. We have a great manager who is more than willing to assist the associates as well as customers.
head cashier/line manager
Line Manager (Former Employee), Visalia, CAAugust 3, 2015
Fast pace work place,trained, cashier,computer,money handling,schedules,many more job duties.Enjoyed customers and co-workers.I like staying busy knowing there is always something to do and learn.
Department Supervisor
DS (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay/management
Culture slowly deteriorating. Management has no idea what they are doing and puts it on DS who also cant do their own jobs and puts in on associates.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries