Home Depot
1,373 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

This is a good starter job
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Billings, MTJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Bonus', benefits, paid vacation
Cons: everything else
This is a good job if you're trying to get your foot in the door. Other than that, this job does not make for a good career unless you see yourself being in customer service for the rest of your life.
Hard work little pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLJuly 4, 2015
Perform stocking, organizing, and cleaning duties at the request of the management team
Provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide
assistance.
fun work place
warehouse/sales associate (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: none
helping customers find the perfect tool ,managers was very open minded,co workers was very helpful,hardest part was making sure the customer left happy
Good advancement oppotunity but...
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Tewksbury, MAJuly 4, 2015
Work life balance is the complete pits. You can never do enough work and when you do, there is more to do. Store totally depends on the store manager in place, so does your career
Great Spirit and motivation
Hardware Department Manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Great response during disasters .
Cons: slow pay and advancement
Great good place to work for but the advancement was not too slow but didn't pay its worth. Great helping customers analysis there problems and helping them make a fix.
great associate
Sales specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2015
Everyday its like a good day for me at because I am for to handle any issue with pleasure. I love taking charge what I am doing.
working with walmart employees and managers
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 3, 2015
Pros: safe and quiet enviroment
Cons: wish they would give their employees more hours
i like working at home depot but just that they limit their hours for the employees. Everyone friendly. good way to start a career if your not looking for something that will over work you. its slow paced at times.
Very Productive Workplace, with a great working environment
Freight Associate (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCJuly 3, 2015
I love working there it was a great experience.
I've Learned allot working in the Operations position.
The management was professional and very well organized.
Co-workers were excellent to work with, with great ideas to bring to the company for better customer readiness.
The Hardest part about the job is being unable to answer a customer question when you don't something about a certain department lol.
The most enjoyable part is everything about it.
Great Company to Work In.
Project Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Just a good company at its core belief systems
Cons: Nothing I can't really say anything negative.. I still shop there and enjoy the variety and prices.
I have always enjoyed shopping at Home Depot and even enjoyed working there more.

Great culture, benefits and prices...
Sales associate (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 3, 2015
Pros: you Learn Alot
Cons: Health care for part timers
help customers,front face produce,down stock product,slow on rainy days,a lot of sales on holidays.learn about multiple departments.
Productive, strong, enjoyable work place
Sales Associate / Overnight Stock (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Holiday Partys, holiday pay, paid vacation, gifts and awards, bonus checks
Cons: Dealing with customers, and some difficult associates/ managers
A regular day at work for me would basically be the same thing everyday. I would go to receiving, check if there was any new freight to be brought out to the sales floor to be seperated and brought to a certain department to be packed out onto shelves, or overheads. The home depot is a great job to work at because you can grow in the business very quickly but its all up tp you. Ive learned a lot working here like how to deal with customers under extreme pressure, how to manage and operate forklift and reach machines. the employeees and managers are descent people to work for and get along with for the most part. There comes a time where the job does get frustating either with the customers, a manager, another associate, or just the amount of work on certain days itself. But the most enjoyable part about the job is all the new people you get to meet and new things/opportunties you experience.
Home Depot Very Corporate Little Flexibility
Special Services Associate (Current Employee), Johns Creek, GAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: gives me interaction with a variety of people, problems and associates every day
Cons: salary is not negotiable and will only be increased in very small increments
I joined The Home Depot Family as a Special Services Associate. I really love the SSA job as it gives me interaction with a variety of people, problems and associates every day. The Service Desk is the heart of the store and you have a great deal of responsibility to manage. Had I known all of this going in, I would have negotiated for more than $10 per hour as there are other associates with much less responsibility that earn the same. As far as I know the salary is not negotiable and will only be increased in very small increments unless I make a major position change. I think Home Depot needs to review the Salary Bands they have in place and adjust them accordingly.
Home Depot is like my second family we all take care of each other
Receiving Supervisor/Key Carrier (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Bonus, medical, dental, eye vision, 401K, stocks
Cons: Sometimes the work came be over barring, and there is just not enough hours in a day to do all I need to do
Every morning I get with the night manager, to see how the flow of our merchanice went. Work on all my paper work from the day before looking on any issues regaring shortages or overages in product. Process orders for all vendors that come into my store. As a key carrier of the store , I could verify got going trucks to ensure that all product that we are delivery to our customers is there. Our I could be ringing on a register so our customers do not have to wait in line, i also could be doing voids for cashiers. Verifiy the our cash rooms safe. But I'm here for the customers to answer their questions, or help them buy everything that they need to do their project.

What i have learned from my management team is that also be positive, and never give up.

Hardest part of my job, is when I have to give one of my associates a bad review. Because I feel I have failed as a supervisor, and could not teach or show him his jog duties. Not because my lack of effort, he just could not get his duties, and responsabilities in receiving. The customers that always come back to the store and show me pictures of the complete project that I help them with. And also the employees that I work with.
Product Merchandising and Superior Customer Service Business .This is in an Enivironment that promotes good team spirit at work and result oriented.
Sales Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDJuly 3, 2015
-A typical day at work starts with Assessing the Ails with all the necessary tools.to know the level of Parkdowns that may be carried out, Receiving,Engauging and Helping Customers out including providing any needfull technical assistance . Take online orders in liaison with the Front Desk Service Dept and ensure products are released in a timely manner. Ensure lean shrink management by carrying out markdowns in aproper manner.
-I have learned how to handle customers' needs in a better way and also improved on strategic product merchandising skills which have gone a long way in encouraging customers to make more purchases.
-With my background in Management , I have been able to blend quickly with the Home Depot Environment which have impacted postively on the job.
-I enjoy a good working relation with my co-workers and we learn from each other.
- There is no particular area of the job that is really too hard because of the passion I have for the Job.
-Engauging Customers and attending to their needs successfully gives me satisfaction.
Great
Tool Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee), O'Fallon, ILJuly 3, 2015
Pros: hour lunches, friendly team
Cons: lack of full time positions
I've been here two years so far and it's my favorite job I've ever held. I get to work with great associates and assist some pretty great customers. I'm still only part time and I'm trying to climb my way to the top the correct way. Since I've been here I've had a few different store managers, some better than others, but I've never had a manager that didn't seem worthy of the position. Always had management who wants and does help with any and all things needed. I thoroughly enjoy working here.
Typically at work, I come in and am greeted by every associate I see. Everyone here is incredibly friendly. I get to learn more about mowers and tools that I ever expected. I now know how to safely empty gas and oil from gas powered equipment. How to operate any equipment we rent or sell. How to change a blade on a mower. Also I've learned how important customer service is and how to be what my customers want/need.
Difficult to maintain a positive attitude with all of the negativity
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, NCJuly 3, 2015
Could be a great place to work if the middle management had people skills and the ability to communicate effectively. The store manager is great however, he has inherited a poor support group
Enjoy working with my hands
sales and stocking (Former Employee), Niles, ILJuly 3, 2015
Pros: near home
different hours every day 6-3 or 1- 9, 9pm-5:30am. Stock selfs, talk to customers worked in all departments of the store. Pulling orders for customers, bringing carts in, picking up returns and stocking them.
Is okay
Garden/Paint (Former Employee), Ranson, WVJuly 3, 2015
Boss always turned to me to do the work because he knew I would get it done but never managed others to make them accountable for their own workload.
Fun Job Culture
Associate (Current Employee), Linden, NJJuly 2, 2015
Although you will send majority of your time working hard, the people make the environment fun and enjoyable. Some days are very redundant and that makes co workers more appreciated.
Too many people, management doesnt care about you.
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Normal, ILJuly 2, 2015
My coworkers were fun but the 4 managers were all a piece of work. they only care about themselves and do not care about you.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries