Home Depot
11,465 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

Home Depot
Special Services Associate (Current Employee), L.AJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: too much work not enough employees to distribute workload/ pay
Great company to work for especially for those that need to work flexible hours. Customer service is number one priority. There is always a lot of work to do with not enough help/hours. Have a great rapport with my fellow coworkers and management. In order to move up you must speak up they will not try to promote if you are a hard worker. Pay sucks! you can get awards but it does not help all that much.
Good job selling construction materials
Puller (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fair wages and breaks
Cons: varied hours
Strait nine to five type job selling everything from building materials to large home appliances.
A very family oriented workpace
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee), Randallstown, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits for part timers, management always has incentives like free lunch for employees
Cons: hard to become fulltime, and hours flucuate during the season changes
After your 60 day probation, even part timers are eligible for benefits (sick time, vacation time). At first it will be overwhelming especially if you are not into home improvement, however, it is inevitable that you will learn tons. HR (ASMs) is usually very understanding and you can go to them about anything. They have what they call the Homer Fund which is a relief fund that helps employee during a life crisis (ie. terminally ill relative, fire, death in family). The only thing I disliked was how my hours changed during the seasons even though I was not a seasonal associate. The beginning of September I'd have almost 30 hours and the next couple weeks I'd be down to 12 hours. If you have a passion for home improvement and the public, Home Depot may be the place for you.
Always Productive
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2015
I go in 5am check for any projects that need to be done, go over safety topics for today, if there are not any project to do I proceed to do GSG. GSG is general service which consist of stocking products that have ones or out, Checking price lables and changing them if need be, straighten each bay, ordering missing signage and customer assistants.
fast paced and enjoyable place to work for
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: making customers smile
Cons: not everybody wants to smile
I liked that I could interact with people everyday, and help them with home repairs and D.I.Y projects. I felt like I was working with family when I worked for THD. the hardest part of my job was that I wanted to help everybody I could and didnt have enough time to do it in. The most enjoyable part of my job was the work shops, I would show customers how to install tile flooring or show how to tile kitchen counter tops and such.
Productive and friendly environment to work in
Garden Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Greeting customers
sales plans
friendly
helping customers with issues
answering inbound calls
I enjoyed helping open the new store
Inventory Management Associate (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the store was well received by the customers.
Cons: only items with high turnover were carried.
I was responsible for maintaining the inventory for about 1/3 of the store. The newly opened store provided challenges as contractors and homeowners purchased items they needed.

I learned how the big box stores inventory system works and the different business markets.
The Benefits of Working
Lumber/ Building Materials Associate (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Thee benefits to working at the jobs I attained were that it was always and friendly and very educational environment. My managers and co-workers always helped when it came to getting the job done and vice versa I was able to do the same.
good place to work
merchandiser (Former Employee), Commerce, GAJanuary 25, 2015
great co workers, management aand upper level treats you like family.everyone always willing to help one another
overall it was an diverse community
Cashier (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MDJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: nice length breaks and holiday events also sucess sharing checks
Cons: no discounts and benefits for part time workers
working at home depot taught me so many things, starting with patience and understanding people more. a typical day at my job was basically me conversing with my customers leaving their shopping experiences with and smiling and wanting them to come back for more. management was challenging at times but also very understanding, my coworkers and I were like a close knit family we work great together and always look out for each other. the only challenging thing about my job was moving constantly from department to department it was most overwhelming but also a good thing to be versatile.
Order Selector, loader/unloader (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Made sure orders coming in or going out are processed. Achieved daily order quotas/goals. Worked quickly and efficiently to sort products by type and destination. Operated forklifts and pallet jacks in a safe manner. Used headset technology to efficiently track order placements and locate them in the warehouse. Package handler.
no hours
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 25, 2015
pretty good job to work.. good managers.. supervisors are great! really good company to work for...
fun fast paced work environment
Pack down Coach/ Leader (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2015
it was a pleasent experience. Was treated fairly while working there. Best part was my co workers they were fun D4. Hardest part of the job was my shift at 4 in the morning. I learned a lot about customer service as well as tons of different projects.
Daily Responisiblites
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), dallasJanuary 24, 2015
Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints. Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems. Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken. Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills. Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using computers. Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation. Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing. Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments. Solicit sales of new or additional services or products. Order tests that could determine the causes of product malfunctions.
It's a job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2015
No different than any other retail working environment. If you've ever worked at Walmart or Lowes, then you know exactly what it's like to work for Home Depot. They always had my back and were always there, but the pay wasn't good enough to keep me.
Fun place to work, promotes from within the company.
Special Service Associate (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day at the Depot begins as soon as you get out of the car. You greet everyone on the way to clock in. You interact with the associate before you to catch up on notes and issues. Check the schedule to verify that there is enough people to help with customers.
You help customers the rest of the day with making orders, getting orders, and doing returns. I also take on training the new associate with returns, and the key machine. The best part of the day is being able to change a bad experience into a good experience just by actively listening to the customer.
Steady schedule
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee), Hyannis, MAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: steady schedule.
Cons: company does not encourage input from employees
Large company with stable employment.
Difficult to deal with management.
Very little chance for advancement.
Most co-workers create a good work environment.
Very physical job.
Customers are happy to have help from
the Merchandising Associates in this store.
Corporate Job that is very regimented
Salesman-Lumber department (Former Employee), Santee, CAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: fair and honestly run business, well documented, always had hours for me to work
Cons: hard manual work required in the lumber dept., not the best paying job, slow advancement
pretty straight forward job.
punctuality, cleanliness, and well-mannered employee is a must.
continued training through the company was a plus.
continual reviews of job performance get frustrating
job advancement is slow, if any
Friendly atmosphere
MET associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: clean work environment, hands on, friendly staff
Cons: poor integration of met to store, some lack of communication between met and store
A typical day at work would normally include morning stretching, providing excellent customer service, setting bays to planogram, restocking product, maintaining displays, ordering replacement pop, reporting damaged products. Work would also include a daily meeting to cover any other objective that would be necessary throughout the day.
An ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: part time and low pay
The people were amazing. The hours needed to be longer and the pay higher.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more