Home Depot
12,669 reviews

Home Depot United States Employee Reviews

They will work you like a dog
Tool Rental Associate (Current Employee), Milford, OHApril 23, 2015
If you are a good worker they will work you to death. There definitely can be a click within the store. Employees gossip like school girls.
Wonderful management
Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: great at giving breaks
Cons: run over time scheduled off occasionally
Everyone is friendly and understandable with hours if there are certain shift you need. They are great at giving breaks and lunches when due but occasionally run over the time you are scheduled off when short handed.
Cashier, Freight Team (Current Employee), LaGrange, GAApril 22, 2015
Home depot has great benefits and works around your schedule of course management there could be a little better but other then that its great the job isn't hard and a fast pace atmosphere and the most enjoyable part of the job is when we have little parties.
An intense but stable workplace
Sales / General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Baytown, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to operate different machines
Cons: Healthcare
After given the daily goal for the day it's a fast past effort to gather the customers product to be shipped out. I've learned to work quickly, efficiently, and safely. I've acquired license to operate all of the various warehouse equipment like forklifts, reach trucks, electric pallet jacks, and order pickers ext..... Although the warehouse worker may have individual jobs, we would still be working together to get the customers orders out. The hardest part of the job is trying to get the job done and the equipment has mechanical problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is as long as your doing your job know one bothers you.
Busy all day!
Cashier (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 22, 2015
Pros: Hour breaks, BBQ on holidays, Pleasant co-workers
Cons: No incentives for part-time employees
Working at Home Depot was an experience. I was a cashier so I dealt with nearly every customer in the store. I handled large sums of money on a daily basis and enjoyed interacting with customers. What I learned about myself is that I can work well under any circumstance and in any environment.I liked working in the garden area the most! Only thing about working at the specific location I worked in was that the employees higher up (supervisors, etc) where kind of nasty and rude some times.
Great place to work awesome employees and customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Toccoa, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: great pay, easy work, and fast paced.
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoy any job I have but Home Depot was a great place. I was a cashier so I was in charge of cash handling and customer service. I learned all different things about home improvement and yard work. Management were great they were always asking you how your day is going and I think that is important. The most enjoyable part was talking with the customers about there home improvements.
Fast paced with many oppurtunities to solve problems
Associate (Former Employee), Odessa, TXApril 22, 2015
I saw some good points, however; I am not very familiar with all the depts., I learned to push myself more. Some co-workers were hard working and dependable. The hardest part was finding time to organize because of the huge inventory. Accomplishment is a reward anywhere.
Comfortable wqork enviornment with a clean and comfy break room
Team Member (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Always have some type of activity going on for the employees
Cons: Because this is a warehouse enviornment it could be really hot or really cold at times.
There are LOTS of contractors that come on a daily bases(some more than 5 times a day) so there is always a way to stay busy. the customers there are VERY pleasant and easy to get along with.
Home Depot
Freight Team Member (Former Employee), Elyria, OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: Learning about different tools and services .
Cons: Not enough hours
Home Depot was a very pleasant workplace. Our team was very strong and efficient and the only hard part about the jobs is climbing the ladders 20 to 30 feet . Me and all my co workers got along and have even kept In touch since my departure.
productive and family like enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laurel, MDApril 22, 2015
natural evolution is a family owned business with nice people who are willing to give the chance to learn something new a make a good living
Fast paced and busy.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 22, 2015
Fast paced and busy workplace. Variety of tasks performed each day. Gained invaluable experience. Enjoyed my work here.
Hard Working
Merchandizing Executive Team (MET) (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Short Break, Good Management
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to work with everything, and anything hands-on and hard work. I was licensed to drive the heavy machinery such as; forklift, OP, reach, electric ladder.
great family oriented management style
Appliance Sales (Current Employee), Hoover, ALApril 22, 2015
Pros: great envirmont
Cons: schedule hours vary.
Very good place to work. But must understand is also very physical work. Management very, very good. Most understanding.
Fun place to work, nice people.
Overnight Freight Associate (Current Employee), Yonkers, NY 10710April 22, 2015
Cons: Not enough money
Not much to say here! its a dead end job with really low pay especially for the amount of work that is expected to be done before the store is reopened in the morning, besides that everything else about the job is nice, its only the pay that is my only issue its just simply isn't enough.
Good friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free snacks, sometimes
Cons: not enough hours
A day working at Home depot was such a pleasure. The team is so supportive. Always helpful and inspiring.The Home Depot provided excellent customer service training. The customer service training was ongoing. When ever you needed it.
Customer Service/ Cashier (Current Employee), Colonia, NJApril 21, 2015
Pros: hour lunch breaks, cook outs and food provided on holidays and special occasions
Cons: hard floors to stand on for 8 hours
I learned how to manage a register, phone skills, faxing and to be well organized. Great people to work with, tough customers, but manageable. Typical day at work involves answering phones, signing out orders, keeping returns clean, processing returns and purchases.
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), destin, FL.April 21, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: short breaks
This is a great place to work at if you like to be around people and assist them. The employers and employees are great. The customers are sometimes.
Great
Associate (Former Employee), CockeysvilleApril 21, 2015
Very relax management and nice environment to work for. I had the pleasure to work in various departments and had to learn most job skills by going in a computer simulation.
Very Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Hayward, CAApril 21, 2015
It was a very good experience working at the home depot. learning about home improvement was very interesting as well.in the short period i was my skills on cashiering grew as well
Fantastic work environment
stock/merchandiser (Former Employee), Sylmar, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Working with colleagues
Cons: Leaving the job
Working at the Home Depot was a great experience for me. I learned a great deal, and was also trained to run 5 different forklifts. Staff and Supervisors always did a great job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries