Home Depot
9,250 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

Nice place to work but no room for advancement
Merchandising Execution (Current Employee), Oakland CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: no room for advancement at certian locations
The job is merchandising, making sure the contractor is satisfied with their product placement. Management could use some improvement or skill training. I have learned time management, social skills, detail orientation, and how to supervise a small team. The most enjoyable part of the job, is working with a group of people who know how to have fun while – more... getting the work done effectively and efficiently. – less
it was fun place to work
Merchandising Executive (Current Employee), miami,flJuly 23, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: wake up to early
it a great place to work and pay rate and moving up in the company
It was a job with a positive environment
Cashier/ Returns Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good hours and pay for a store
I enjoyed working this seasonal position. I was asked to stay, however, I was starting hair school the following week. I would definitely work there again.
i like and enjoyed my job
Merchandising Execution Associate (Former Employee), MiamiJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches all holidays off
Cons: healt care to spense
Every day how take care customers in any kin situation i learn how treat all people,take care my co-workers and hardest part of the job whent you lead with people don't what let me help they situation and the most enjoyable of my job is lead with different people every day.
garden executive and overnight worker
sales accosiate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good work atosphere
Cons: overnight working
i would get the garden center restocked and updated to the planograms sent to us, i also kept the outside area clean. once the garden area was up and running i worked overnight stocking things and using forklifts to put things in higher racks to make room for more inventory
met some great co workers along the way
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee), La Habra, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: contant management change
was a good place to work, at times difficult due to the constant change in management (no legivity); i adjusted and learned to just change/work with new managers.
Its not a bad job
Electrical Sales Associate (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILJuly 23, 2014
Its my part time job and its not so bad very flexible. ca n be a very good career if you make it to upper management.
taught me to be humble with my work ethic
Stock / Heavy Machinery Operator (Former Employee), college point n.y.July 23, 2014
good job to start with i worked overnight there..i learned how to operate heavy machinery and the work envirement was beneficial
On the job at the Home Depot
Paint Department Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJuly 23, 2014
Show up to work 30 minutes early. Organizing department to make it look presentable and accessible to all customers. Greet customers as they walk by, engaging in a conversation making them feel comfortable. I learn something new everyday from my employees and upper management.I was a paint department manager responsible for 6 employees who made sure – more... the department was ran the correct way and smooth. The hardest part of my job is making sure my employees were making the customers feel welcome in our department so that we can reach our quota for the day. I Loved this job. Working in a fast paced environment and helping people in any way that I can gives me a extreme amount of gratitude. – less
Great!
Lead Generator (Former Employee), Normal, ILJuly 23, 2014
Excellent place to learn and grown as a young professional. Excellent management and amazing experience.
Company has good compensation and job culture
Department Supervisor/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Carson, CAJuly 22, 2014
My co-workers are great individuals which had great respect for me especially when I was attempting to become a supervisor. I was given the responsibility of being team lead when my supervisor had left for the day. As a team lead I guided my co-workers in the daily situations that would come up and helped with any questions/concerns that they had.
ok place to work and gather knowledge
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Countryside, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: amount of knowledge
Cons: pay and moral
Great place to consume knowledge and get an ok paycheck to help kids through college or for the constructions workings to do things when they can not work on a site anymore.
Good Company to work for
Recieving Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, excellent benefits
Cons: shifting 7 day schedule, management changes...
Schedule varies from day to day. Working with Customers was mostly enjoyable giving a sense of gratification. Management tends to be influx constantly changing. As a whole it was pleasant to work with the other associates.
blah
Sales Associate (Current Employee), mississippiJuly 22, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: pay
Typical day of work consists of helping customers with their everyday at home need projects
Company with sights on bigger and better things
Cashier/Service Desk/Flooring Associate (Former Employee), Conway, ARJuly 22, 2014
This company likes to please the customer and have knowledgeable employees to assist them. They have plenty of things available to learn whether it be online programs to one on one training.
great job environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Delano, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great pay benefits
Cons: busy times not enough coverage in departments
very good place to work everyone gets along and managers are very friendly. love the culture
Fun and flexible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: flexible room for advancement
Cons: late nights and weekends
Management and associates are great, its the customers that ruin it for everybody.
Home Depot is a great company, management needs to be improved
Department/Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee), Neptune, New JerseyJuly 22, 2014
Pros: committment to the community, 401k, awards
Cons: management's failure to encourage success
A typical day consisted of inventory management, working with employees to ensure that there daily, weekly, or monthly work lists were completed in the department in a timely manner. Discussing with employees why they were not completed and offering assistance if needed. Ensuring that lunches and breaks were taken when appropriate. Working with ASM's – more... on projects, such as setting up sales promotions, changing end caps, etc. to complete them in a timely and efficient manner. Working in other areas of the store when needed. This is just a brief overview of a day at work.
Management set expectations and yet failed to encourage success. They did not motivate all employees to advance with the company.
My co-workers consistently tried to work together to make a better working environment.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the constant changes that took place.
The best part of the job was working with the employees and the customers. – less
Productive workplace to help grow homes and businesses
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: helping homeowners, assisting contractors, easy jobs tasks
Cons: lack of part-time healthcare, management indifference, unusual schedules
I spent most of the past few years as a Power Equipment Specialist in the Valdosta Home Depot, so I helped customers maintain their lawn with proper power equipment. I also handled ordering of Mulch/Soil, which taught me how to forecast sales and create sales opportunities to increase gross margin.

The management at the stores were easy to work for – more... if one does their job. Most of them helped me learn more about the company and the various responsibilities of a department supervisor. My co-workers were helpful at times, although many lack the drive to advance in the company. However, being able to work in many departments has, in my eyes, hurt my chances to be promoted to department supervisor, though I have applied and asked management to be considered.

The hardest part of the job I have now is that due to the transferring of stores for an overall better job market (Valdosta does not have the opportunities as Metro Atlanta), I no longer have on hand count change privileges, ordering abilities, shelf maintenance product placement editing, and I even lack cashier log in abilities. This has been immensely frustrating and current management has not heard my plea to have an increase department role.

The most enjoyable part of the job has to be seeing customers excited about their new purchases to help makeover their homes interior or exterior. Giving the consumer the confidence to improve their home brings me great satisfaction, even on long retail sales days. – less
Great work environmet
Lumber Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: no overtime
From management to co-workers every one cared how your day was going and how your week been.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more