Home Depot
10,067 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

understanding co-workers, ok workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: part time benefits
Cons: pay rate, hours, management
the pay isn't that good and the hours are even worse. iv'e learned about the products in my department, management is only around when their being watched, my co-workers are pretty cool, hardest part of the job is getting more hours/ pay. most enjoyable part of the job is the company events.
Better than average retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), East Windsor, NJSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: small work parties on holidays.
Cons: should be rewarded more tips for manual labor.
Co-workers and mangers are all pretty nice. Standard retail job with some manual labor.
Typical Day
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee), Flushing, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: early morning shift so you have time to do other things during the afternoon.
Cons: early morning shifts steals away sleep and nightly opportunities.
A typical day at work is repetitive. We clean and organize each bay. Placed accurate labels under each product. Restock when needed. Also note each of our duties on bay notes.
Productive and Fun work place with regularly in-store events along with quarterly celebration meetings
Associate Support Department Supervisor(ASDS) (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: many activities: bbqs, pot lucks, team building activities, celebrations etc.
Cons: benefits good but exspensive
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping/assisting associate to reach their potential and goals with the company or/in life. Being able to offer insight about company/corporate policies, train associate to be a successful in their jobs and passing knowledge onto associates to excel in their objectives or goals.
a OK workplace, horrible management.
Order Selector (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: work invironment
Cons: management, pay
very active and competitive work environment, great coworkers, horrible management and HR communications.
Cashier
Returns Desk Crew Trainer Trained (Former Employee), SimpsonvilleSeptember 28, 2014
This company was wonderful to work for. The environment was friendly and fun. Management was great.
Fun work place with lots to do
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), 1 Concorde Gate - Corporate Head OfficeSeptember 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job would be how much each person owns. You can learn as much as you want about any part of the business, and help to drive the business you're in. It is never boring being in the company.
A pain
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: got off at 4pm
Cons: major headache
I was on the MET team which was pain. The management was a pain in the but you could never satisfy anyone and paperwork changed every week. Not for the soft of heart.
Wonderful place to work, great teamwork and lasting bonds
Call Center/ Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: supportive team, lasting customer relationships, great corp. culture
Cons: too many managers with opposing views
Working for Home Depot is a very hectic job with too many managers with different direction in regards to how to get work done. A typical day at work would be coming in and working on the daily paperwork and filling Online orders and deliveries for the BOP IS System while answering multi-line telephones and assisting customer in person.The hardest part – more... of the job is working on a shift that is understaffed with is often. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers and working with a team – less
Customer service is a must
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2014
Project customers vary in range of help needed. Some want to be in and out while others need in depth planning and explanation. Asking the right questions can save both you and them plenty of time.
Energetic Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day at work is functioning as a team
Even managers work weekends and holidays
Co-workers strive to be the best in customer service
The hardest part of the job was a lot of walking
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customer find what they needed
Home Depot unrealistic expectations
Freight Supervisor (Former Employee), Coldwater, MISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: not everything above applies to all who work there
Cons: have to deal with being treated poorly
Management expected you to work 15+hours whenever they wanted you to then complain about how much overtime you had at the end of the week
Having Staff Meetings to attack work performance of people without warning,cause or proof of lack of performance.

Firing at will cause of personal and non job related performance of associates.
Management forming – more... clicks and ignoring and even being rude or disrespectful to anyone outside them

This was an outstanding place to work but overtime with new management and direction these things became common to happen – less
N/A
Special Services Greeter (Former Employee), Paramount, CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: catered success sharking meetings
I learned how to work the Special Services Computer System
Management Need MAJOR Improvment
Co-workers are very mean and judgmental
Learning the Computer Systems was the hardest part of the job because no one helped me, I learned it on my own with NO Proper Training
Fun and Challenging.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), New HampshireSeptember 27, 2014
Very few opportunities allow you to learn and grow with every customer interaction. The company provide you with many tools to help you serve the customer. The culture is living and breathing and supported at every level. Associates are provided with opportunities to advance and grow their careers while receiving good compensation. The most challenging – more... thing is knowing when to following SOP or do "do the right thing". This makes it more difficult to provide excellent customer service when you don't always know when your direct supervisor supports you doing or going above and beyond. – less
Great fun environment to work
Garden Associate (Current Employee), Tehachapi, CASeptember 27, 2014
Amazing place for advance. Fun atmosphere to work in, managers are as leaders and friends.
Great workplace with lots of corporate safety guards.
Cashier, Returns Clerk (Former Employee), Hanford, CASeptember 27, 2014
I enjoyed working for Home Depot. The management was fair, benefits were great, and the culture of working in the store/with customers was a great experience.
a ok workplace
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Webster, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: management
Very flexible company, has great benefits if you are full-time, a very loyal company with tools to help you move up in the company.
Productive and fun work place
Night Crew/Freight Team (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CASeptember 26, 2014
stocked freight per department using forklift,cherry picker, and electric pallet jack.
Productive work place, and everyone was great to work with
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: i learned a lot of useful things that'll help me later
Cons: not being able to know everything
Well every employee there would greet me, they'd as me how i was and were always super friendly! If i ever needed help with a customer or stocking, or even just a random question they'd always help me. I learned a lot from working there, i was always really shy and had problems with talking to people, but working there it helped me with those skills, – more... and not to mention i learned a lot from the customers to! They were always so helpful, and understanding, and made my job fun. I think the hardest part of the job was learning everything, where things were, a certain product a customer needed. I really enjoyed just coming to work! i loved my job, helping customers and seeing them happy with the service i provided made my day. – less
Fast paced manual labor
Freight Team Member (Former Employee), Pooler, GASeptember 26, 2014
A normal day would involve coming in, sorting 15+ pallets of goods into different departments, then going out and stocking the shelves. Nothing was learned at this job since we only had to match numbers/labels to find out where everything went. Management was okay, they would normally help but in a way that they did not have to do much heavy lifting. – more... I did not get to interact with co-workers as we were all put on different departments and talking for more then a minute was frowned on. The hardest part of the job was all the heavy lifting. I cannot think of anything about that job that I enjoyed. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more