Home Depot
10,355 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

Customer service representative. During my time (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAOctober 20, 2014
What I learned while working at Home Depot is how to lead by example.
Great leadership training
General Manager (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAOctober 20, 2014
Learn every aspect of leadership. From Operating profit to merchandising to employee relationships
A good job if you were still in high school
Garden and Lumber Department (Former Employee), Rocky River, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: working with good people
Cons: almost impossible to get full time, pay and benifits were poor
A typical day at homedepot consists of assisting customers and completeing your daily check off sheets. I gained some new insight on building and construction projects from the regular contractors that come in on a daily or weekly bases. I cant speak for all management in the overall company but in the store that I worked at management deminstrated – more... poor comunication skills and in my opinion could have had stronger leadership skills. The fellow co-workers were very plesant to work with and helped the work day go better. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers and the pay and benifits that the company offered was very poor. Not a job you could live comfortablely and be able to pay your bills. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you worked with. – less
Cool overnight job
Stocking/Customer Service (Former Employee), Horn Lake, MSOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great perks
Cons: management team
Loved working there until the management team changed. After that I left the company because everything became difficult when it really shouldn't be.
Fun, energetic work place with friendly coworkers.
Pack Down (Former Employee), El Monte, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: advancement, lots of work, great staff.
Cons: not enough hours.
I loved working for The Home Depot, it was the perfect environment for someone in the labor field and had the best advancement possibility from any job I've came across. Great managers and really awesome crew. Everyone pulled their own weight.
Nothing bad to say...
lot attendant (Former Employee), silverspring mdOctober 20, 2014
Nice place to work, great environment, good hours, nice location, friendly staff and faculty, associate and decent customers.
good company
Customer Service/Cashier/Lotman (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 20, 2014
Great experience working there and was able to advance within the company.
productive and fun work place
Special order Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: provide great food for employees
Cons: short breaks
They are willing to work with you. great managers and great staff.
Great job
Temp. Order Filler/Picker (Former Employee), Pooler, GaOctober 20, 2014
Come in and sign out a lift, pick up assignments and start working.
Fast pace and great interaction with customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lilburn, GAOctober 20, 2014
*Fast pace environment from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
*I've learned how to professional handle numerous amount of customers at a time to make sure all needs are met.
* I've learned how to operator all of the machines in the store.
* I've learned about the Home Depot back office operations (Microsoft and PDI)
* Management provides a great environment for their – more... associates.
* The hardest part is having to cover numerous departments single-handily for the course of the shift.
*However the most enjoyable part are helping the customers solving their problems. – less
Great people to work with.
Sales and Customer Service. (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: nice break space and occasional parties.
Cons: dealing with all the returns.
The people were great. The work was variable. I loved the fact that I was always busy; always on the move. The customers were good, for the most part. I was never bored. I learned all kinds of things about home maintenance and home beautification. Management seemed to really care about the people working under them.
CSR in Plants
Gardening Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COOctober 20, 2014
Pros: learning new things for your home, garden
Cons: getting water in your shoes
I would spend many hours watering, learning about different plants. Learning about all the tools & how they worked from BBQ grills to Lawn mowers. Finding different types of bricks to lay to swimming pool supplies. I had a blast learning great stuff.
I like being part of the Women volunteer area for community.
Co-workers were very helpful & did not – more... mind helping each other out.
hardest part was having to clean up destroyed foliage from bad weather.
I truly enjoyed working & learning here about gardening. – less
Customer Service work is something i love to do, and theirs no better place to to that at other then the Home Depot
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Decatur, GAOctober 19, 2014
Some people would say I Excelled within a service-oriented company, with my way of demonstrating a talent for communicating effectively with customers from diverse backgrounds, I gust you can that I like and that I love helping and working with people.....
The second best job I ever had
Special Services Associate (Former Employee), Mount Prospect, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: meeting and hepling customers.
Cons: sometimes it was really difficult finding merchandise in store for the customers.
I must admit I did truly enjoy my job, helping customers with their questions, being able to fix something for a customer, helping them to better understand the credit card ststements. Every day ws a learning experience either from the wonderful associates I worked with to the customer that needed a battery in their flashlight.
Productive work place
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Plainfield, INOctober 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice pay
Cons: short breaks, health benifits
Just love the work environment and the people I work with no one is really strict the managers just want the job done. My co-workers are really down to earth and make the work place enjoyable & safe I've learn that this job keeps the employees involve with earning awards and being more aware of the hard work we are doing for the company.
Fun place to work.
Freight Team and Hardware Associate (Former Employee), Smithfield, RIOctober 19, 2014
i was treated well here. I learned a lot about home repair and could help neighbors and friends.
Live the orange life!
Cashier (Current Employee), Parkville marylandOctober 19, 2014
Pros: works well with school schedule and other activitys.
Cons: a little unorganzied at times.
Overall I really enjoy working at the home depot for various reasons, its a very family like atmosphere everybody gets along and there is never any drama. I've never had a job where if your were going through something in your personal life and needed help they would help you in any way they could and that it home depot. While working at home depot – more... I've learned that your can have a friendly relationship with co workers and still keep it professional, we joke, we laugh, we play but we take care of our customers and get the job done! – less
Team oriented company, good benefits
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Queen Creek, AZOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
Exciting place to work, never boring. Management is very helpful with the new employees. Co-workers are friendly and helpful too. Hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for 8 hrs. Most enjoyable part of the job is the daily interaction with customers.
Great environment to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers, environment
Cons: wage
Opportunity to learn something new everyday from customers and from co-workers. Has it's challenges at times, but every job does. Most enjoyable part of the job is that the customer left satisfied.
fun, great coworkers
Garden Associate (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: stock purchase program, 401k
Cons: very hard to get full time
garden department, not much else to say. Management is clueless sometimes but coworkers make it fun

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more