Home Depot
12,704 reviews

Home Depot United States Employee Reviews

Developed my leadership skills
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 25, 2015
Was able to learn how to lead people through motivational speaking and learning how to get people to buy in to whatever the goal of the day was. I always wanted people to feel like they wanted to work for me not feel as though that they had to work for me.
Great company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 25, 2015
Home Depot was a great company they are very family orientated and welcome all employees as family. The company is very informational and they make sure all of their employees are taken care.
Very productive and easy going company
Cashier (Current Employee), phoenix azApril 25, 2015
Great company to work for. Friendly people and friendly customers. It has a great environment, management is very nice and friendly. returns are amazing and so is the pro desk
I was a good dependable employee and received all good to excellent reviews from my supervisors.
Cashier (Former Employee), Jasper, GAApril 25, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere for the most part.
Cons: terrible hours and poor pay. Even if you do your job very well the pay raises are very small.
A good job for senior citizen that just wants to work part-time or a high school or college student. No full time available or benefits. The hours are not consistent. You may work 12 hrs. per week or 40 hrs. per week.
This was an excellent company
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, FLApril 25, 2015
I was in the call center before they closed it down. The diversity and balance were wonderful. The work environment was wonderful. This definitely was a good place to be.
Garden Associate (Current Employee), LaGrange, GAApril 24, 2015
Fun environment
Interesting workshops
Enjoy meeting different customers
It is a great place to work
Fast pace
Caring co-workers
Friendly and safe work environment,.Employee benifits
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2015
Very busy work pace. I learned all aspects of the business,starting as garden associate to inventory management cashier to Head Cashier then Front End Supervisor.Most enjoyable part of job is team work, taking care of the customer and the customer leaving happy.
Fast paced environment with customer focus
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Poway, CAApril 24, 2015
While on the work floor the customer is always the main focus, as it should be. Company also provides various perks and rewards for employees behind the scenes.
Special Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2015
Great place to work and meet an abundance of people. Continues to improve my day to day interaction with people. Love to continue to provide great customer service at all times.
Fun work place with great Associates
Cashier and customer service (Current Employee), Reston, VAApril 24, 2015
fast paced work day,I learned patients.. I love my managers and co workers.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making my customers happy, and providing great service
Productive Strive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 24, 2015
Communication was great everyone was available. Whenever there was a problem that you didn't know how to handle there were experienced employees throughout the entire workplace.
not fun, no leaders
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), PAApril 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: very short brake
We need more managers that act like managers and not work like workers.

Managers are leaders to inspire and should lead people to succeed and growth. That should teach and coaching people on the next step of they career and not waste time on poor performance.
Lumber Sales Associate
Lumber Sales Associate (Current Employee), Evansville, INApril 24, 2015
Pros: Hour or 30-minute lunch, 15 min. Break every 2 hours
Cons: Not enough employees in certain departments at times to effectively assist customers.
Minimal micro-managing allowing you to effectively complete your daily tasks and sales. Learn how to produce quality customer service, make sales, maintain a quality retail area.
Enjoyed interacting with customers
Sales Associate and Tool Technician (Former Employee), Clermont, FLApril 24, 2015
Pros: Learned alot about different tools
Cons: Every 2 week shift change
Learned about working in a retail operation. Enjoyed the fact that my job was not routine and changed every day. Liked dealing with customers and explaining to them how the rental tools worked.
funday
Cashier/overnight Freight (Former Employee), Zachary, LAApril 24, 2015
We would build things for kids on Saturday it was called kids work shop.we would have food and games.we would aslo give away turkey on thanksgiving day.
Built From Scratch...
Director - Media and Partnership Marketing (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2015
Strong corporate culture and legacy. Willing to take prudent risks supported by successful test and learn. Fierce competitor!
hard work
Assistant Specialty Store Manager (Current Employee), Round Lake Beach, ILApril 24, 2015
no work life balance , work 55-60 hours a week in management opening is very early and closing is very late. If you have no life it is a good stable job, if you get a good store manager they will work the same hours you do, The store manager might play favorites.
good place to work /employees helpful
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLApril 24, 2015
Pros: get free luch sometimes
Cons: raises are not good - store closed only 2 days per year
good prices compared to lowes-better customer service -needs some improvement-not perfect but very close.-can order on computer and pick up in store-good selection on hand of most products-great buys on special buys at store throughout the year.
the orange life
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: expierences
Cons: breaks
I enjoyed the job security.
I learned to manage inventory.
The people there were awesome both employee and management.
I gained knowledge of operations, how to use equipment, I.E forklift.
Hardware store
Lot Attendant and Stocking Assistant (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAApril 23, 2015
It was my first retail job, and I really don't recommend it. I didn't really learn anything about hardware. All I learned was how to properly organize carts in the parking lot.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries