Home Depot

14.5K reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Flooring Department-Customer Service Desk-Cashier (Former Employee), Blue Ridge, GAAugust 27, 2015
Cons: Management Horrible
Management was horrible…This store had no team spirit. And employees did not work well together…Always under staffed and customers didn’t get the service they deserved.
Great part-time job
Overnight stocker (Current Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Nice management
Cons: No overtime, low pay, work extra hours for taking breaks.
Working at Home Depot has been challenging to say the least. I personally started working at the Norfolk Home Depot after the agency I was working for closed their doors. I am grateful for the Home Depot giving me the opportunity to work because I was in desperate need of an income after losing my job abruptly, but the experience has been challenging. I state this more so due to the fact that the store does not believe in allowing individuals to earn a decent living by not providing the opportunity for overtime, and a minimal hourly pay rate. I don't want to sound like I am bashing the employer because like any job there are some good days, but at the same time, for those that only have one job, there is no way that you can survive off the amount you make at the Home Depot unless you are in a management position.
Laid back and very easy environment's
Paint Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Management and co-workers I did meet were very helpful and welcoming
Cons: They didn't provide enough hours
I loved seeing the different customer's come over to me for help. I didn't get a chance to get to know my co-workers very well, but the ones I did meet with were very very helpful. This environment was quieter compared to previous ones, and didn't require more than one person at the designated area for paint. Hardest part of this experience was sirring the paint. The most emjoyable part of it was I was able to provide customer care resolution without help from management.
GOOD JOB
Supervisor (Former Employee), LOS ANGELESAugust 27, 2015
Pros: IT WAS CONVENIENT
Cons: LATE HOURS
THE HOME DEPOT WAS A PRETTY GOOD JOB...LEARNED ALOT THERE TO PREPARE ME FOR THE FUTURE AND MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE THERE AND PROVIDED GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
The best company I ever work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Johnston, RIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and friendly management and great CEO.
Cons: no cons
At The Home Depot I learn a lot , they care for the employees and the customers by keeping every buddie safe....they always trying to help you with you personal and work problems.
Not a fun place to work most of the time but it had its moments
Paint Associate (Current Employee), Oakridge, TNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: always short staffed.
A typical day is being short staffed, usually just an opener and a closer in paint, and not getting assistance. I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers they made the daily red tape bearable.
Professional and achievement-oriented environment
Cashier and Garden Associate (Former Employee), Sandy, UTAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Amazing authority and staff
Cons: Autonomy without authority
If you are in the garden center, there is enough autonomy that you are almost your own boss. As a cashier, I enjoyed the associations with all the guests, staff and authority, as they are each amazing.

I enjoyed assisting customers and improving my own abilities in this position.
Great culture and enjoyable job
Merchandising Execution Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 26, 2015
Fast paced and exciting projects, filled with associates that are engaged and want to make a difference. Built on the principle of creating value for our stockholders while never forgetting our values. We seek to be profitable, responsible and balance .
Ok place to work for
Office Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, IlAugust 26, 2015
It good to get your foot in the door. Stable company with a long term goals. I would recommend this company if you can get a solid position.
productive and enjoy helping and giving customer solutions
sales associate (Current Employee), farmoingdale, nyAugust 26, 2015
customer service
answering questions
suggestions
keeping sales floor clean and presentable for customer shopping experience
down stock restock
Customer Service with a twist
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 26, 2015
Customers are the service. Operates with an upside-down pyramid, where the customers are FIRST in our hearts, and the CEO is the last on our minds. As with many companies, it has its share of political mechanics. Everyone learns from one another and plays a vital role, despite which department they work in.
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee), hercules, CaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for advancement
Cons: Pay Rate, Scheduling
Your day starts at 5am. You begin with a light stretching and then you service bays to make them opening store ready until 1:30pm. I learned excellent costumer service and a little bit about the products we carry. My co-Workers are warm and something like family. If you want to advance with the company any manager will take you under their wing and show you the way to go. The hardest part of the job would be rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer and knowing exactly what you're talking about
Great benefits
Department Manager (Current Employee), Randallstown, MDAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: none
While working for The Home Depot I learned a lot about retail management, customer service, and being a great leader. Over the years I developed the necessary skills to become an excellent leader and I am eager to utilize the lessons learned as I continue to seek advancement in the retail industry.
HR Rep / Team Lead
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: off major holidays
Cons: advancement opportunities
• Takes inbound communicational calls from both internal and external customers via telephone, letters, emails and/or social networks
• Demonstrates active knowledge of Home Depot systems and online portals as well as transacting within personal and professional requests
• Recruits candidates, processes new hire paperwork, plans and administer benefits changes once met Home Depot standards of beginning employment
• Provides extensive problem solving research including payroll changes and escalations for further customer service relations
• Trains new associates once met SOP practices for over 1 year
• Tracks performance of associate records and enters reviews as administered by management
• Enters time and attendance for employee payroll
• Design, plan, implement human resource programs and policies for staffing, compensation, benefits, I9, employee relation, training and health and safety programs
• Prepare internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefit, or company policies
• Prepares and provides information on employee demographics, trends, and projections to senior management
• Performs and create job fairs at multiple locations
• Plans major events
Diverse & Comfortable
Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, NYAugust 26, 2015
A regular day at the home depot is very comfortable, its like going to your house and being at home.
my co-workers are like family. The hardest part of the job sometimes can be getting on the same page with everyone else in management, its a lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of the job would be dealing with customers, finding out what they are shopping for and getting to know them. Making their shopping experience very comfortable so that they can come back again.
Could be better
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), Lemon Grove, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Plenty of extra hours availabe
Cons: Insufficient pay, Back-breaking work
Very fast-paced, requires alot of work for little pay, great team morale, and great leadership from the big wigs. All in all this was a great place to work but not for someone who is trying to make a career out of something.
always something new going on
Supervisor (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDAugust 26, 2015
Pros: always something new going on
Cons: terrible scheduling, no direction
From helping customers, to unloading trucks , there always something to-do . I loved solving problems for people helping them get there project started to finished ,
the best job i ever had loved the work people an task in hand
Lumber/Building Materials Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, CTAugust 26, 2015
Home depot is honestly the best job ive had every day is a productive yet fun day always something intresting to doo an the make you feel like you make a diffrence in the company great job
Decent work environment
Merchandise Execution Team Member (Former Employee), Windsor, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Consistant work and work hours as well as schedule
Cons: Overrly strict attendance policy that leaves no room for any error
On a typical work day my responsibilities weren't unreasonable or difficult for me to accomplish. I was assigned specific tasks on each work day depending on what department we were working. I would go to my assigned sections and clean up trash, place product in the proper place, fix displays, replace damaged/missing signage and replenish stock. I had prior lift equipment experience, but while working at The Home Depot I learned how to operate reach fork lifts, electric ladders and order pickers also known as cherry pickers. I had no huge complaints about management or my co-workers and generally got along with everyone. The hardest part of my job was fixing damaged fixtures caused by improper lift equipment use by the night staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was leaving at the end of the day with a feeling of accomplishment and self worth. My only complaint was the extremely strict attendance policy which resulted in my termination.
Great Company
Department Supervisor Key Holder (Former Employee), fontanaAugust 26, 2015
• Responsible for scheduling, making sales plan, mark downs, ordering stock items, profits, turns, gross margins, initial markups, and shrink.
Headquarters