Home Depot
10,985 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

Wasn't worth it
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 16, 2014
Even though you learn a little of the job, you get paid to little for what you do.
Work place was busy
FRONT END SUPERVISOR / HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IaDecember 16, 2014
Cons: hrs didnt work out
Overall helped customers with orders and ringing up orders. Overlooked other employees.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: employees
Took care of customers. Informed customers about promotions or sales. Exchanged or returned merchandise for customers. The first month and a half I was there I received two service awards. I enjoyed working with the customers. I love interacting with them
Excellent working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria VADecember 16, 2014
Work on daily basis with the aim providing excellent customer service to promote sales of the company
fun work place and a very clean environment
Freight Handler (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: vto hours
Cons: hire seasonal then layoff
A really good place to be employed where the management are there to assist u of any problems u may have on the job or if your struggling ,they have different games and fun meetings so that workers can interact with eachother.
Able to learn all departments if desired. Encouraged to improve/challenge oneself.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Albany, ORDecember 16, 2014
If work hard and dedicated promotions were available. Management was encouraging and positive. If you like to stay busy great place to work and shop. Incentives/awards were available/given. Fun place to work and like everything it is what you make it.
Project Extended and Completed
Contracts Manager/Paralegal (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2014
Contract and computer implementation project was expanded and extended for 6 months, and completed to upload and enter all Home Depot's contract from Maximo to Ariba.
very fun
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), Ashtabula ohDecember 16, 2014
Always something new going on and the people they hire into this company are awesome to work with from the bottom up. I strongly recommend it.
Productive, constantly moving can be a little difficult
Lot Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good customers
Cons: bad customers
*Constantly moving when it is busy it can be tough at times with certain employees and if by yourself.
*Management is okay all is not bad u got a few that should not but in management position.
*the part i like the most about my job is the people some of the people can be very nice.
A great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mechanicsville, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: awards and prizes. recognition of you hard work
Cons: the pay isnt all that great
Its a good place I love working there the customers are wonderful and the co- workers are fun and welcoming
Enjoyable work enviornment
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee), OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: teamwork encouraged
Cons: dissatisfied customers
assist customers and check out purchases. hardest part dealing with angry dissatisfied customers. learned to listed be patient and the customer is always right. operate cash register. was hired only seasonal part time employment. enjoyed the experience and learning to operate cash register and learned about many new products in the building supply industry
Electrical Department Sales Associate
Electrical Department Sales Associate (Former Employee), Taylor, MIDecember 15, 2014
Shared product knowledge with customers while making personal recommendations. Demonstrated that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency. Worked as a team member to provide the highest level of service to customers.
Hard company to work for. Not a flexible schedule.
Overnight Stock Person (Current Employee), Pottstown, PADecember 15, 2014
Pros: free food on hoilday's or functions.
Cons: short breaks, too many boss's
At times you could get in trouble for others blaming you for things. Supivisor and Manager's wanting the world from you. The hardest part of the job is dealing with manager's. The co-workers are good people. Managment is nice at first. I learned that not every person will help you if they have the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is having customers – more... ask for you directly when they come in. – less
Fun workplace with good pay
Lumber Dept Associate (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: heavy lifting
Easy job. I worked in the lumber department for a short time but I learned a lot about different kinds of building materials. learned how to use the radial arm saw, circular saw, and many other tools. flexible yet steady hours. i really enjoyed this job and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a job which pays about $13 per hour.
Learned alot
Cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster SCDecember 15, 2014
Pros: would feed us for just about any reason
Cons: if you could not be on time they did not play around with that
I loved working here more then any of my former jobs. The people are very nice and will help you with anything you need.
The Home Depot Family
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: sometimes we get free food, there are always learning opportunities, coworkers are willing to assist you when possible
Cons: hard to get full time, managers are sometimes hard to reach, some coworkers are not easy to work with
A typical day at work would include assisting customers locating merchandise, explaining how certain products work or recommending alternatives, cutting lumber, loading customer's cars. Depending on the amount of foot traffic making its way through the store i will assist on a cash register as a back up cashier.
I'd say i get along with 80% of my coworkers – more... even if i don't work side by side with them. Managers are nice and sometimes willing to listen but can sometimes be difficult to locate when needed.
It is not easy to advance.
Coming into a home improvement store with very limited knowledge of the products was hard and learning about other departments is not very easy because cross training isn't always offered unless you take the initiative and learn it yourself or ask for the training, which is easy and possible.
Coworkers are always willing to help and teach. – less
Strong company recognition, fun job,like helping others complete their home projects.
outsde in home improvement sales (Former Employee), Charleston, S.C.December 15, 2014
Pros: the job fit me like a glove.
Cons: 55 hours a week.
I would get 2-3 leads every day to help people realize their home improvement projects come to completion. I would go from meeting them for the first time to writing a contract for their home project such as roofing, gutters, windows, doors, siding, sun-rooms, insulation, decks, porches, etc. The most enjoyable part was closing the sale and earning – more... their trust to work on their home.
I was hired to train as an in home sales associate to work in a new store opening in Mt. Pleasant S.C. I was very disappointed when the town of Mt. Pleasant denied their permit to build a big box store in their town. I was left with a decision to travel every day to Columbia S.C. to work for Home Depot or wait for the new store to open in Mt. Pleasant. Fortunately my sister asked me to come help her in San Diego, Calif. – less
Demanding yet rewarding.
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2014
Pros: schedules vary a lot as a part timer.
Cons: you can manage your availability and have it meet your needs.
Great place to either start a career or simply work part time while you do other things as well. Expect at times hectic schedules and demands by both customers and management.
Home Depot was a ok to work with I like meeting people and I got a chance to interact with lots of nice people.
Warehouse Agent (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GADecember 15, 2014
Pros: meeting people was a plus for me
Cons: not enough hours or money
I stocked items unload trucks and service customers. I worked in the garden area so I learned a lot about lawn care.
A fast pace work environment with a focus on customer service
SALES PROJECT CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Marietta, GADecember 15, 2014
Constantly on the road meeting with customers ensuring that their projects are being installed to their satisfaction. I learned that your customers can only make you better at your craft. Hands off management as long as you made your sales and took care of your customers. My co-workers came and left. It was a high turnover organization where either – more... you had it when you came there or you left because your skill set could not support your lifestyle. The hardest part of this job was receiving your pay in a timely manner. You could not verify your commissions until pay day and then you had to wait for pay corrections to be applied. I met new people that I could assist constantly. Friendly sales competitions were great also. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more