Home Depot

14.0K reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

exciting and fun place to work
Fork Lift Driver/Wrap Down Crew (Former Employee), East Point, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: none
On a regular day at Amazon I would warm-up my forklift machine and load up all the freight onto the trucks. I learned how to be fast but productive and safe as well.The management was excellent, and my co-workers were very helpful for me. I had no difficulties on this job, but the most enjoyable was operating the forklift safely.
Enjoyable work place with lots of multitasking
Garden & Seasonal Associate (Current Employee), Milltown, NJJuly 27, 2015
Typically at work, I am on a closing shift in order to prepare the garden department for the following day. Usual duties include cleaning aisles, filling merchandise, driving forklifts to carry large merchandise, assembling a variety of customer orders, and helping customers by explaining merchandise. At The Home Depot, I have learned about a variety of fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and lawn equipment. The most difficult part of the job is the potential hectic environment caused by customers, but the most enjoyable part is the work environment created by fellow employees.
home depot is a good company that believe in team work and training also safetyand taking care of customer
sale specialist receive puller stoker (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJuly 27, 2015
home depot believe in prompting with in but they will hire in manger position outside good benefit and don't have problem paying what you worth
It was a great experience
Freight Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Ellenwood, Ga.July 27, 2015
Pros: Getting the chance to help out people all day
Cons: The fluctuating schedule was bit of a hassle. It's hard to maintain a personal life that way.
It was tough work making sure that all of the freight got put away everyday but I don't run from hard work so I enjoyed it. I was well respected at the home depot.
Not very happy
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYJuly 27, 2015
Work your tail off and no rewards.
Co workers not very nice.
Management not willing to work on problems.
I think its a little too Corperate.
not a safe place to work at
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: short lunch
typical day is loading and unloading 3 trucks a night using a ride on forklift. Recieving and counting frieght, packaging frieght and seperating different products with a handheld device
Challenging Work Environment
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Quick Commute, Co-Workers, Training.
Cons: Associate Salary, Schedule, Annual raise.
Typical day at work is stressful.
I learned that patience and balance are the key for the success.
Management is a chocolate box.
Co-Workers are super nice. Count on yourself.
Hardest part of the job is being standing on your feet all day without having chronic back, joints, upper and lower body problems down the road.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having customers recognizing you for what you are and tell you how awesome you are and how they would like your boss to know about it.
Assistant Store Manager being groomed for store manager position
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chelsea, MAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: If you were lucky you train with someone good
Cons: If you unlucky you never learned
This is were you get to learn about retail in a big box .
the in's and out's of retail.
The ordering , the overheads the clearance products.
managing of people to get what's needed done in a short time frame.
Under the new manager it is great. The previous manager, who was let go made it less than desireible to work there.
Retail Sales Specialist for major appliances (Former Employee), Johnson City, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: They had nice barbecues on all holidays.
The management in the Harriman store was wonderful. When I left, they told me I would always have a job there. The Johnson City store was another story. The were nasty and self serving.
Detailed
Special Services Associate (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: bonus twice a year, events during holidays, cashier appeciation, 401k
This is a very aggressive sale driven environment,the company strongly believes in promoting within and it gives you an opportunity to grow and excel.
Great Experience
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Break stucture
Cons: Overnight
Working with the Home Depot has given me much needed work experience. Normally when I work, I will ride around on an electronic pallet jack and load up pallets and drop them at the corresponding dock door on my work assignment. My co-workers do not have much influence on my work due to the position. We are a team, but work as individuals. The hardest part is just keeping the pace for the entire 10 hours to reach my goal of 700 cartons for the night. The most enjoyable part is not having a supervisor constantly hovering behind my back. I get to work at my own pace but still see results.
Fairly Simple straight foreword Merchandising work.
Over-Night Stocker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule, Easy work pace.
Cons: Poor hours, Poor pay
Responsible for processing truck shipments , while maintaining that store product shelf are full and neatly presented. operate order-picker and forklift to move pallets of product. fill-out and process refill orders.
Good place to work while in college
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2015
Good place to work while in college. Very flexible with scheduling. Learned a lot about home improvement and enhanced my customer service skills greatly.
Standard retail business
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2015
Ring up sales, maintain knowledge of most products and services offered by company, provide excellent customer service
n/a
Cashier/Contractor (Former Employee), Campbell, CAJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at work for me while working at Home Depot would be getting all customers and making sure they have what they came in for and to keep them coming Customer Service is the first key to a happy Customer.
Productive friendly place
Cashier (Former Employee), Glen Mills, PAJuly 27, 2015
Loved the environment, the hardest part was working the register but kinda mastered it with time. enjoyable part was coming into work knowing i was going to have a good day
great customers
Special Services Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2015
Pros: busy atmosphere
fast paced work environment makes you think on your toes and and there is great growth potential great benefits and saving plans
Fun Place to work
Cashier/Bookkeeping (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 27, 2015
Pros: employee dinners
Cons: too much of playing favorites
Working at Home Depot was a fun experience. I learned alot in my time there. They reward their associates often for their hard work and their great customer service. Management in my opinion did their job for the most part, but was not good at solving issues within departments, especially between associates, and often played favorites. My most enjoying thing about working at Home Depot was working with some of the most awesome co workers. We were like a little family there and that made it enjoyable to come to work everyday.
Not a happy place to work
Night Crew (Former Employee), Goleta, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: You could listen to music while working
Cons: Short breaks and unorganized
It needed more organization. Management was not fair with all employees. Also the pay was very low for a night crew. The day shift got paid way more.
Great Benefits
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Athens/Winder GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No work/life balance at all
The best part about working for The Home Depot was the benefits. They match 401k distributions by a certain percentage, stock options, grants, tuition reimbursement, sick and vacation time, and so much more.
Headquarters