Home Depot
13,668 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

an enjoyable place to work
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee), Jericho, NYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good treatment for those who work
Cons: no actual human resource for questions
on any given day, an associate would check their dept. for incoming freight-what can packout and where the overstock needs to be placed.start your work and work as organized as possible. Our team works well together. The managers directs the activities and the team follows in suit.
A workplace that feels like home...Home Depot!
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Lovely break room
Cons: Hard to get home late at night if you rely on pub-transit.
A typical day there consisted of taking customers and treating one another like a family. All of my coworkers, except only a handful, were really nice and welcomed me into the family there.
Fun workplace enjoyed helping in different departments
Cashier (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Free two 15 minute breaks
Cons: Being short handed of cashiers
The management was great working at Home Depot each and every manager always kept the store together, working very hard The hardest part about working here was when we were short handed some shifts and it would be busy non stop. I've always enjoyed working with Home Depot.
P/T Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: The associates are awesome and very helpful. The managers are suoer friendly and very flexible
Cons: long hours of training.
Helping customers is what it's all about at the Home Depot and I love that about this place.The only negative thing is the hours of training videos that they require before you can go on the sales floor. I have watched 20 hours of training videos in the past week. It's great that they want you to be informed about their products, but it just needs to be broken into smaller windows of time. Other than that it's great!
nice job
customer Service (Former Employee), Caguas, PRJuly 5, 2015
great place to work. you learn a lot. you know a lot people and share experience. its fun. and the company its like a family.
Great culture
advisor (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, care about associates
Cons: pay, advancement
Working for Home Depot is a great experience. Generally everyone has alot of buy in on the company's values and vision. However, making the switch from the stores to corporate office is difficult. No relocation and pay is less than what is industry standard for what i was asked to do. Also, though there is alot of opportunities and roles for my desired field, the path to getting them is too linear to be desireable.
Productive and Fun
PART-TIME CASHIER (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2015
All the employees including the managers and District managers treat one another as if we were a family. We help each other out within our store as well as other Foot Locker owned stores.
It is a fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2015
Pros: they do cook out quite often
Cons: the health insurance is not that reasonable
A regular day is a day that has its moments of ups and downs. It is filled with stres and then someday are very low key. I have learned that people are the same anywhere you work and by it being a service oriented industry that humans will be humans and they are only there for a moment. When the management is working together, the store runs like a well oiled machine, but when they do not, it is ran by everyones own agenda. The hardest part can be testy customers but I understand they just want a service performed. M co-workers make it worth while.
Excellent first job, but only if you have personal experience.
Tool Rental Technician (Former Employee), Easley, SCJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and breakfasts or free fruit
Cons: Poor accountability
The company was too busy trying to decide whether to help the customer or their employees. The employees were too focused on getting the awards and getting themselves out of trouble, but you'll have that anywhere, right?
I had personal experience with all of the equipment I serviced, so the work was not hard, and the customers were generally kind if you knew what that were asking.
For an experience in retail, none beat it!
Paint Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Westampton, NJJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Profit sharing bonus, job security.
Cons: Not enough hours to provide proper coverage.
Home Depot is very involved with the community. They have automated classes on anything you need, or want, to learn. Home Depot employs a very wide variety of individuals.
Admittedly, the hardest part of the job is that it is "full-flex", basically anytime, any day. But that is the nature of retail.
It was a great company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAJuly 5, 2015
Home Depot was 100% all about the customer. And I really liked that in a business. We would do absolutely anything and everything to make sure the customer left happy. I worked with a lot of amazing people. You would never have a bad day on the job.
Millworks and Lumber Departments
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 5, 2015
Home Depot is a great place to learn the basics of home improvement. It served me well as an Home Improvement Appointment Setter.
This is a good starter job
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Billings, MTJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Bonus', benefits, paid vacation
Cons: everything else
This is a good job if you're trying to get your foot in the door. Other than that, this job does not make for a good career unless you see yourself being in customer service for the rest of your life.
Hard work little pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLJuly 4, 2015
Perform stocking, organizing, and cleaning duties at the request of the management team
Provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide
assistance.
fun work place
warehouse/sales associate (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: none
helping customers find the perfect tool ,managers was very open minded,co workers was very helpful,hardest part was making sure the customer left happy
Good advancement oppotunity but...
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Tewksbury, MAJuly 4, 2015
Work life balance is the complete pits. You can never do enough work and when you do, there is more to do. Store totally depends on the store manager in place, so does your career
Great Spirit and motivation
Hardware Department Manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Great response during disasters .
Cons: slow pay and advancement
Great good place to work for but the advancement was not too slow but didn't pay its worth. Great helping customers analysis there problems and helping them make a fix.
great associate
Sales specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2015
Everyday its like a good day for me at because I am for to handle any issue with pleasure. I love taking charge what I am doing.
working with walmart employees and managers
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 3, 2015
Pros: safe and quiet enviroment
Cons: wish they would give their employees more hours
i like working at home depot but just that they limit their hours for the employees. Everyone friendly. good way to start a career if your not looking for something that will over work you. its slow paced at times.
Very Productive Workplace, with a great working environment
Freight Associate (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCJuly 3, 2015
I love working there it was a great experience.
I've Learned allot working in the Operations position.
The management was professional and very well organized.
Co-workers were excellent to work with, with great ideas to bring to the company for better customer readiness.
The Hardest part about the job is being unable to answer a customer question when you don't something about a certain department lol.
The most enjoyable part is everything about it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries