Home Depot
12,815 reviews

Home Depot United States Employee Reviews

Cool laidback enviornment
Overnight Freight Associate (Current Employee), East Liberty, PAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Laidback
Cons: Too low of pay
People here are pretty cool. The work environment is pretty laidback and you don't have much interaction with people especially overnight. Of course this is a labor job so prepare to be tired, especially on a concrete floor standing for 9 hours. I get to listen to my music and wear what ever I want which is nice. The pay is too low only $8.25 it needs to go up ESPECIALLY if ever other big company pays a dollar extra for overnight employees.
For a temp job, not bad.
Cashier (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Good hours.
Cons: Not enough work.
This was only a temporary position, but I learned a lot from everyone there and had there been an opportunity for a full time, regular job with room for advancement, I would have stayed there.
Interesting
Cashier/Sales/Lot Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 4, 2015
Pros: scholarships and discounts at schools and nearby stores
Cons: interrupted breaks
The typical day at Home Depot was always interesting. Sometimes stressful. Nothing impossible.

Management was good and was always interactive with us and showing us the ropes. Checking in on us to see how we were and possible opportunities to advance.

My co-workers were from many different backgrounds. I loved how diverse it was. A good number of them ranged from high school students to adults. All were knowledgeable and good at their job. I enjoyed working with most of them.

The hardest part of my job was trying to make everyone happy. This is impossible, but you learn that you must move on and keep working.

I really enjoyed making customers happy. Knowing you did that it made it feel like you made a relationship, especially when that customer returns and remembers you.
THD review
HR Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
The Home Depot is a good company to work for. Management is not the best. I worked for 3 different Dep (in corporate) and all three was bad. The company gives you decent pay (in corporate) and great benefits.
Didn't care for managements
Cashier/Special Services/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Pensacola, FlMay 4, 2015
Advancement, at the Orange box, is all about who is sleeping with who, or who has the hots for who. Experience does not come into play when it comes to advancement. Front end supervisor has NO CLUE how to operate a register or operate special services. Department head over shipping and receiving, Has no clue how to do anything is that department. Pay is ok, Benefits are good.
Unrealistic
PRO Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 4, 2015
Supervisors with no formal or significant training on how to motivate, training or interact with employees. Most management try to supervise by intimidation. Goals and bench marks are general and not specific for geographical areas and Shifts assigned (i.e. Sales in NY city are different than Atlanta or Miami or Chicago etc,) additionally part time employees and full time employees are gauged by same standard, part-timers work less hours and usually less productive hours of the work day.
Great all around
Garden Associate (Former Employee), Federal Way,WashingtonMay 4, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment, good pay, nice people
An amazing place to work, atleast for me, had fun and met some good people. Pay was good and i got alot of exercise working there. Management was extremley nice.
A Learning Experience
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 3, 2015
Pros: Flexable Schedules
Cons: Upper Management
Engagement Changes frequently so as a result you always have to prove yourself to new management the over all work is fairly easy but there is a lot of complaining about upper management from associates
Jessica Dailey
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), Fuquay Varina, North CarolinaMay 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly Co-workers and boss.
Cons: Difficulties lifting and labeling.
At work I would be welcomed by many fellow co-workers before going to my shift. During my shift, I would have to lift heavy boxes and stock lots of items. On weekends, I would have to assist other fellow associates. The managers always came around every so often to observe my work ethic and offer help, which is never a problem for me. The hardest part of my job at Home Depot was labeling items high on the ladder because I am only 5' 2", and wasn't able to reach few boxes, but I was able to find an associate who was willing to help me correct the issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people including customers and all the projects they work on. I learned to become more social, and I've stocked so much that I could direct people to the correct department to find exactly what they are looking for.
work experience
Order Puller (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 3, 2015
really enjoyed my years at home depot, the culture, the customers and the people i worked with keep my drive alive and wanting to go to work daily.
working at home depot is really comfortable, the associates are informative, helpful and just friendly. really time passes fast.
Freight Associate (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: im enjoying work and keeping busy
Cons: none
working at home depot is a change of pace for me. im taking boxes down, taking boxes off pallets and adding to shelves wow how time flies.
Very Relative Experiences Depending on Your Title/ Personality
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 3, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, usable online
Cons: Management with a short-temper and not receptive to advice or correction
The Home Depot can be great, but it depends on when you work and what you do. I worked overnight and was payed 9.25 for weekdays and weekends. This is not great compensation for difficult hours and schedules. Management was not receptive to workers advice on efficient alternatives and often were not visibly working themselves. This and continuous degradation from managers and supervisors made Home Depot less than enjoyable. However, my coworkers were all fun and hard-working and added to an overall good experience learning how to work with others. I am sure other employees of Home Depot will say otherwise, but given my job, compensation and management, I do not recommend Home Depot.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), CommackMay 3, 2015
This place is a fun work environment. Gets you familiar with home building products. Not sure if there was room for advancement but it was very complacent.
Great co-Workers
Appliance Sales Associate (Former Employee), Evergreen, COMay 3, 2015
I am still friends with several of my coworkers. The location was a little slow paced and sometimes supervision was missing.
Really productive and real fun many celebrations and even had ping pong table.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLMay 3, 2015
A typical day at THE HOME DEPOT might be really busy and in some way it is better because you feel like the time goes by really fast . I really liked working there best job experience . Management really takes care of their associates and never under no circumstances do they let any customer treat us in a bad way . My co-workers taught me a lot and never felt annoyed by questions when i was a new employee . The hardest part of the job was screaming customers but not so worried about it since my management team was always there to fix their needs. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers and also when we did the sales we would either have bonuses or parties . Always tried to reward us for the hard good job we in a team had done .
A ok
Cashier (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMay 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no time in half on sundays
busy but that is good coworker wise yeah not that great at times. learned new things I have never done before on a few things
productive
packer (Current Employee), McDonough, GAMay 2, 2015
Pros: hour lunch break
Cons: had to walk up and down stairs all day
I really enjoyed working at Home depot. it was a fast pace work environment that kept me busy. I also learned how to package inventory before it went out to customers.
Positive and productive environment
Departmental Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 2, 2015
Pros: Company holiday gatherings
The Home Depot work environment was never anything less than exceptionally productive. I'd have to say in my opinion the most enjoyable part of my day was assisting customers to the best of my ability and making sure the department I supervised was kept up to par.
Work Enviroment is Pleasant
Freight Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Advancement is not that great.
Spent seven years at Home Depot and they were awesome when it came to the culture and co- workers were great. The management are very well trained in making sure that they work with there employees in making sure they enjoy there time working. Management is always about the associates feeling a since of accomplishments and belonging. Job advancement is there but total dedication is needed to the job.
Best first job
Sales associate (Former Employee), tampa, floridaMay 2, 2015
Home Depot was an amazing first job had a lot of training and help .
best part was dealing with customers . Also growth is another thing that the Home Depot had a lot of growth .

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries