Home Depot
13,564 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

Great work place.
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch on holiday work days.
Cons: Low pay.
Home Depot is a great place to work for part timers and for people looking for full time work. Co-workers a nice and professional and the customers are always nice and friendly. Paid holidays, vacation, paid sick days are also available for part timers.
Assisting customers.
Cashier/Phone Center Associate (Former Employee), Riverdale, UTJune 28, 2015
I worked in the phone center at first so I was answering incoming calls and forwarding the callers to the correct departments. At one point I was a cashier so I assisted customer in ringing up the product they wanted to purchase. Learning a lot of the product and what it was used for is quite challenging. I enjoyed working with the public.
amazing place to work as a student
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee), Champaign, ILJune 28, 2015
Home Depot strives to be the best at customer service and I think that the employees embody the role to help customers as best they can. Amazing place to work..
Great Staff/faculty, Benefits, Hours&flexability
Customer Service, Cashier Back up Etc (Former Employee), Lemon Grove Ca, 92114June 28, 2015
Co-workers along with the staff were easy to get along with and very helpfull. The companies benefit program was very helpfull in many aspects despite the fact that there was no in store deiscount for employees. The hours and flexability for hours and being able to work with their staff was really good. Overall it was a great experirence.
Ok job
Plumbing Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix AZJune 28, 2015
WAY underpaid for the amount of technical knowledge you need to know to successfully help customers. Home Depot does not set up sales associates for success as they do not require ANY knowledge of the departments. If youre the person you knows what they are doing YOU are doing all the work while others are getting paid just as much as you are for sitting around and pointing EVERY customer with a question in your direction. In my opinion its unfair.
Home Depot as a whole
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee), san antonio texasJune 27, 2015
Pros: Great healthcare, bonus's, and 401K
Home Depot is a great company to work for. They take excellent care of associates. But at store levels are not always the same as corporate.
Every day you always learn something new.
Customer Service (Current Employee), North HavenJune 27, 2015
Pros: Share every holiday with all the associates
Cons: A lot of changes of schedules
You have the opportunity to grow and learn a lot.

Your co-workers are really good people and supportive.

The hardest part of the work is adjust your schedule with the needs of the store.
Fun and happy work enviroment
Flooring Associate (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Great Discounts, Bonusses
Cons: Lack of hours
It was great working there, felt like everybody was part of something bigger. They way they pushed great customer service and job ethics was rewarding. Structure was strong but flexible enough to keep employees happy. Sadly i had to leave due to school.
Very tense work enviroment no respect for tenure
District Manager (Former Employee), United StatesJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good Pay and Benefits
Cons: No Job Security
Managed by intimidation. you are always on the edge. no clear message to the field when it comes to expectations.
District Managers are always looking to blame in oppose to develop coach and train.
Great advancement opportunities
Cashier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 27, 2015
Great Company but local lacking local leadership great opportunities for all overall loved the team and store i would definitely work for the company again!
Good Culture
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee), richmond, virginiaJune 27, 2015
Very good company to work for; structured well and comfortable co-workers. Perfect for someone looking to move up in a company.
fast paced and tough
Sales Associate (Current Employee), 2501 forest avenueJune 27, 2015
Pros: Very Knowledgable
Cons: hour lunch breaks feel like 15 minutes but that comes with the territory
A typical day at the Home Depot consists of me walking through the door at 5:30 AM waiting for my shift to start at 6AM and a line of contractors are awaiting to enter and begin their purchasing for their businesses. At 6AM the doors open and it is time to get to work. With a forklift operator handy I am constantly running in and out of the store helping customers and contractors get and load their merchandise as well as answering any questions that are being thrown my way. Although this is not the toughest job in the world you do however need to be able to have a nac for multitasking and problem solving. You must be fast yet safe at all hours of the day because there is only a small window of leisure and that is only on your lunch break which comes a lot faster than you'd believe, and who would want an incident happening right before their lunch break? So you must work as a team or independently but you MUST work efficiently in this work environment.
Nice Job for a Student or Temporary Associate
Cashier (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLJune 27, 2015
Pros: Easy job to perform.
Cons: Low hours for part-time associates resulting in very little pay.
A typical day as a cashier at Home Depot includes ringing up customers and zoning the area surrounding your register. Most days are slow. As with any retail job, the main thing learned working here is customer service. Cashiers come into direct contact with customers more than any other associate in retail. Management is fairly decent. Although, they do have a tendency to prefer certain people over others. Personally, I didn't care for that. Co-workers are about the same as they are anywhere. Some you get along with, others you have to tolerate. The most enjoyable part of this job was working in the garden center.
good place to work for students
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJune 27, 2015
Pros: part-time
Worked as cashier and special service desk I learned to deal with customers management where good, easy to talk to, change my schedule was easy I enjoyed some of my co-workers
Great
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Sherman, TXJune 27, 2015
I loved working for Etech the employees and management were great. As long as you can deal with the people you are calling its not bad at all. Pay could be better but ehh a checks a check.
Good experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2015
I currently work for home depot. It ha been a good experience thus far. I really enjoy working with the customers and getting to meet new people. I would recommend this company to others. They even have health benefits for part time employees.
great coworkers, poor management, corporate doesnt' care
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLJune 27, 2015
Pros: co workers are awesome
Cons: everything else
hostile work environment, management uses employees with no advancement, will let you go for the slightest infraction, pay is very low
Fun to a Point
Inventory Management (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYJune 27, 2015
This was my favorite position in retail since leaving the Marine Corps. Just weeks after starting in my position, I had to take a few weeks off for a family emergency and the store manager was very easy to work with on it. I would do this job for Home Depot again if it still existed.
Not Bad for Part Time
Overnight Freight Associate (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOJune 27, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced work, lots of overtime opportunity
Cons: Few breaks, high turnover rate
Overnight FFT positions aren't bad for a part-time job. Most days consisted of unloading trucks, sorting merchandise, then stocking merchandise on the store shelves. Other tasks such as reorganization of store merchandise and overstocking excess merchandise was required, but not often. Management was good throughout all departments; same can be said of co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the overtime required if tasks weren't completed in normal shift time.
descent job for ok pay
Receiving & Stocking (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: good job if you made friends, and i did have friends there & still do
Cons: if you came in at higher pay, & you got outstanding on your review you get a minimal raise this would take you 5 yrs. to max out.
I worked nights and the main office would turn off the swap coolers making it the work place exceptional humid. Nothing management could do to over ride the system. Controls were in Atlanta. Good work out+ sweat= weight lose if you were over weight, which i was not. I enjoyed the people i worked with & left on good terms.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries