Home Depot
12,043 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

sales associate
sales associate (Former Employee), West Roxbury, MAMarch 4, 2015
Very hard physically and emotionally, management did not appreciate the hard work. Home Depot just uses people like equipment and then gets rid of people for no good reason. Hardest part of job was heavy lifting, and dealing with management. The most enjoyable part was helping nice customers. Most co-workers were good, a typical day was customer service. I learned people skills.
fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 4, 2015
i just started hope depot and so far i can say its a great experience they work with your schedule very nice and respectable management.
Really nice people working with me
Cashier (Current Employee), Fishkill, NYMarch 4, 2015
The hardest part of my job is when we aren't busy. I enjoy working with most of my coworkers. The customers that come in to shop here are very unique.
Tedious
Lot Leader/Cashier (Former Employee), Roswell, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: break room, choose lunch break length, free food on some fridays, awards for great customer service, knowledgeable employees
Cons: disadvantage if not willing to brown nose
Most days were alright. Some management were very kind and helped to advance your knowledge and your place in the company. Some of the other associates were demeaning, however the overall environment of the store was good and the customers varied, as with any retail store. All in all, it was a decent first job.
I have have several years of customer service .
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2015
I ring up customers at home depot . and worked in different departments such as garden which enabled me to learn that department .the hardest part of the job at home depot was returns because i just couldn't get the hang of it , i never got proper training., the most enjoyable part of the job was keeping my customers happy and solving any problems that they had .
it was ok
Cashier (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 4, 2015
its a good company to work for, I just believe most of the issues and problems was with the management in the particular store I worked for.
fast paced work
stocking lumber (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAMarch 4, 2015
check the inventory and the forklift. then start bringing in materials that needed stocked. management willing to work and help out.coworkers were excellent workers and willing to help when needed. hardest part was 16 foot boards on the forklift completely extended and staging them. most enjoyable part was working with the forklift
Easy spirited, fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Madison Heights, MIMarch 4, 2015
Helped customers with a friendly smile and is well knowledged and verse about the stores products. Everyone makes sure you feel comfortable in your position.
fun place to work
freight team (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 4, 2015
Unloaded trucks and stocked shelves, I learn how to drive an order picker, managers were great very helpful, hardest part of the job was the late hours,
Junior Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 4, 2015
Fun to work at. Challenges your ability to interact with diverse cultures and personalities. You learn allot about home improvement. The hardest part of the job is communicating effectively with people with english as their second language.
Great Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), N Kansas CityMarch 4, 2015
Fast paced, detail oriented work environment. Customer focused. Great development of associates and leaders.Great benefits and financial plans for associates.
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Mankato, MNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: work around schedule, nice managers
Cons: emergencies are not accepted
On your feet for the full shift, head cashiers help with service desk through out the day as needed for back up to do returns or release online ordered items. Head cashiers also help to maintain a well organized work area of the front end. Plus give breaks in a timely manner to cashiers and or service desk.
Good company but very Corporate
Head Cashier (Current Employee), West Bend, WIMarch 4, 2015
I love what the company does for their associates through the Homer Fund and they definitely do their best to promote helping the community and customers by all means possible. It's up to each store to take the initiative, though.

While I do like my job, I think that quite a few rule changes lately have made job security plummet for pretty much everyone underneath Department Supervisor.
Very easy & fun job
Lead Generator (Former Employee), College Park, MDMarch 3, 2015
Typical day at work includes helping customers. Hardest part is getting to know entire store & products. Overall easy, laid back job.
Perfect for college students
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Collierville, TNMarch 3, 2015
This is great for college students with the possibility of tuition reimbursement and other benefits for part-time workers. It is an okay company. Like all retail companies there is a lot of micro-managing. You will have many opportunities to speak your mind if any issues should arrive. However, don't hold your breath waiting for anything to change. As a cashier, of course you will stand for hours on end. You will work with a team of cashiers and be responsible for helping customers when you're not busy. Unfortunately, you are at the bottom of the totem pole as far as respect.
HR
HR Services Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
HR Support for store and field.
Process new hire/rehire in accordance with company policy.
Mandatory background and drug screening validation of potential associates.
Assist the field with hiring process.
Process and monitor payroll functions; taxes, compensation, and benefits.
Handle any HR Escalations in regards to hires and payroll.
Handle Mass Hires from the field.
Train associates on hiring process.
Evaluate and adjust time keeping systems to ensure associates are paid in a timely manner per guidelines of the states they reside.
Research and support the communications of Human Resource policies and procedures
Instruct and demonstrate departmental task and functions.
Process and update associates Leave of Absence while staying in guidelines of FMLA.
A Nice Place to work
Lot Attendant/Garden Associate (Former Employee), Trout-dale,OregonMarch 3, 2015
Had to work harder than i was being paid.I learned about different types of consumer goods and products,It was pretty much like high school
Great starting point.
Freight Team (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2015
Invaluable starting experience if you show eagerness to learn and be taught.Room for advancement is available if you work hard and prove yourself worthy.
management
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 3, 2015
The management at Home depot couldn't tell you the first thing about home improvement, nor do they care to learn. They don't value their hard working employees at all. When i was working at this store, we were in the finals of all home depot stores for having the best shipping/receiving team, a part of the freight team that works overnight and during the day. However when management decided to thank the staff for doing great work and giving the extra effort, the one team that was neglected was the one that actually did all the work.
A company that cares about its associates
Various Positions (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 3, 2015
The Home Depot was a great company to work for. Job placement and advancement are done with the utmost care. This company takes very good care of its employees and customers. I never had a bad co-worker while working at this location, which made going into work everyday a joy instead of a dread. I would recommend anyone to work at The Home Depot.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more