Home Depot
11,431 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

High paced, fun, never a dull moment in retail
Sales Associate in retail (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: store associates, benefits
Cons: ever changing schedule
I enjoyed the high paced atmosphere at Home Depot. The daily routine always had something new going on. Required duties included, opening store safety check, re-stocking, inventory management, and of course, customer service.
Learning the stocking system, getting certified on lift equipment, being on the store safety group were just some of the extras. One year I even played Santa Claus!
The biggest part of the job was learning all the different products and being able to assist customers. The company provides and requires constant updating of your product knowledge. Customer service is stressed above all other activities.
Hardest part of the job was the ever changing schedule. Even working full time, associates worked different days and hours.
Funnest part of the job was the co-workers. We had a great group and I made many friends. There was a real team atmosphere, helping each other, even in different departments.
Very good benefits available to full time associates.
great job
Merchandising Execution Team (MET) (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good postivie
Cons: need more informations for job
I've learned a lot about Home depot MET. It is good experience what I have learned. It shows me how to do and what to do every day. There is no way to stress about it because they support me what I need to do. Even I make mistakes, they can help me to fix it and do better than nothing.
Nice place to work
Special Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: customer and employee appreciation days
Cons: n/a
Busy environment with helpful people.
Great people to work with.
Great place to work for.
Overall a great company to work for.
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee), Sunset Hills, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun working there
Cons: some customers drive you nuts, but i can handle that.
Very good place to work for. You gain lots of knowledge working there. You can work part time or full time. Boses will work with you.
A Good Work Place
Sales (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: set schedule
I start my job , by down stocking what's needed . Taking care of the customer . When down stocking , having a game plan . Hardest part of my job , I'm by myself , most of the time . I enjoy my part , when it's done . Because , I know I did it . With little OR no help .
Multiple managerial duties and responsiblities.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Bethel Park, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: priorities changed on a daily basis.
Cons: no consistancy in scheduled days or hours.
As part of the management team you were able to learn and apply every aspect of running a business. Advancement was available to associates. As a salaried manager, work/life balance was difficult due to the changes in scheduled days per week and the amount of scheduled hours per day. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was that every day was different and the ability to be able to make a positive impact in the lives of the associates and customers.
Acceptable
Kitchen Design Consultant / Sales (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: the hours are poor and you rarely have a weekend off.
If you have to work in a retail environment, the kitchen designer position is fulfilling. Being a kitchen designer allows you to use your knowledge and skills, as well as, your creativity. However, it seems that a lot of their new personal are lacking in experience and training.
Not for everyone
HR Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: little attention to time off and you can pretty much do anything without getting fired
Cons: no structure, management is inept
This company, for it's size, has a lot of work to do to be a great employer. There are a lot of people in management positions that really have no business being in that level of role. The company is employee-centric to a fault and makes it difficult to have an actual professional environment. The atmosphere is very cliquish like in High School and basically the same kind of drama as high school.
good working enviornment with good staffgood management
Service Manager/Lead Generator (Former Employee), massJanuary 22, 2015
good management with competent co workers. very demanding customer service in fast pace enviornment.
Fun Workplace. Great people to work with
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Brenham, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Greeting customers and meeting them to fulfill there projects. Learn how to deal with difficult situations and solve.
Good place to work and learn about customer service.
Cashier (Former Employee), Germantown, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great co workers and great place to learn
Cons: hard to move up. rarely promote from within.
Good entry level place to learn about product management and customer service. Loved the team worked with and our manager and supervisors. Learned a lot from the as well. Nothing hard about working for this company.
good workmates
Sales Associate- Electrical (Former Employee), Glasgow, DEJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good workmates
Cons: lack of pay
prepping area for customers....provide excellent customer service
great coworkers...
Fun
Customer Service/Head Cashier (Current Employee), Troutdale, ORJanuary 22, 2015
Good place to start out. Learn a lot that will help when you own your own home.
living orange
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2015
train, coach and develop associates in each department to ensure customers receive excellent service and can easily find the merchandise they need. Provide valuable input into merchandising decisions to the Store Management Team and Operations Team
home depot
Hardware associate (Former Employee), ontarioJanuary 21, 2015
it was a very good paying job and i really enjoyed it. my school and work schedules were conflicting but other than that really good company
temporary job
Lead Sales Associate- (Hardware/Flooring) (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: no hours
didn't last long and they didn't want to work with my son moving here and needing more hours
Promotion
Garden Supevisor (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Home depot gives everyone a chance to get promoted. If you have good work ethics you can go very far with this company. I have learned how to manage my department successfully by delegating tasks to my associates. We put customers first at the home depot, striving to be the # 1 retailer.
Good
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Everyone is Friendly and they work with your schedule. This job required great customer service skills because they rate you weekly.
Decent place to work, great breakroom, great customers and associates.
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: get to meet lots of people, pay wage isnt too bad, learned alot from the job.
Cons: not much advancement and pay wasnt all that great.
Job is decent, you get to meet a lot of people and help a lot of customers, times throughout the year you are able to pick up a lot of extra hours. Wasn't much opportunity to become fulltime and make more hourly. Overall a great job to save some income while going to school, pay a few bills and build the experience.
amazing opertunities to be had
lead generator (Former Employee), Nampa, IDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: friendly folk all the way around
come greet people make sells establish a report customers soon become friends and as do the good spirited employees

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more