Home Depot
9,092 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

Nothing ventured nothing gained
Garden Center Associate (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJuly 12, 2014
I would not recommend this place for employment. There is no room for advancement. They only hire part time workers. And the part time benefits are not that spectacular either.
Good place to work except...
Specialty Sales Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good pay, good training, fun environment.
Cons: be prepared to be the goat when they are done with you.
A good company to work for however if you go into management your career comes with a shelf life. Periodic 'purges of store management are a routine way to cut payroll expenses and avoid paying out bonuses and stock grants... watch your back.
Invests in the development of their associates and creates a culture that people like to be a part of
Store Manager (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYJuly 12, 2014
Typical day at work consists of walking the store and assessing the standards and in-stock so we are ready for the customer. Throughout the day there are other areas that need attention as well such as associate performance, staffing, financials for the day/week/month review, operational areas that require follow up or involvement.

My business acumen – more... has been taught to me by this company and they have given me opportunities to continue to learn and grow within.

The hardest part of the job is being able to balance work and home life because it is high volume and a very demanding environment. My commitment to driving success in the business can also deter from a better balance.

The most enjoyable part of what I do is work with some outstanding people. I have been very fortunate to virtually grow up in this company and have been able to work with some the most influential leaders that have motivated me and taught me at the same time. – less
Fun place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), San DiegoJuly 12, 2014
Pros: 401k, paid vacations, profit sharing.
Cons: ceiling on wage increases.
Company has good benefits for its associates. Excellent 401k and insurance.Tha hardest part of the job was the stress of dealing with 10 customers at once. I have learned customers skills and some plumbing.
Rewarding and Growth Oriented Company
Manager, Inventory Replenishment (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2014
Rewarding and Growth Oriented Company with a lot of opportunity for advancement based on Career choice.
maintain products sets in accordance with merchandise direction
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Rosenberg, TXJuly 11, 2014
working at home depot was a nice environment and it was great way to start my career in the merchandise department.. it showed me and taught me a lot of new things that I didn't know.
Home DEpot
STOCKER (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 11, 2014
Loved my co workers, the pay was bad. The should pay workers more and offer more flexibility
Good Place to work especially Veterans
Merchandise Executive Team (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 11, 2014
I work with the best MET Team Members Ever, couldn't do the job without each other.
productive
Lot Associate (Current Employee), Claymont, DEJuly 11, 2014
What is a typical day at Home Depot? Customer service. Customers always come first i make it my business to greet customers as they come in to shop provide loading assistance for items that they or unable to load themselves (for example Fencing Appliances Drywall Plywood Flooring ) It is also my job to provide a safe an clean environment for both our – more... customers and employees keeping the lot clean and clear of trash debris anything harmful also to report and safety hazards gave me life i gave them 6 years and they treated me like family every step of the way i love the people there everyone gets along great its an overall great place to be and work – less
fun place to work
Specialty Sales D23/D59 (Former Employee), pittsburg ksJuly 11, 2014
Pros: envirnment
Cons: grumpy customers
tons of wonderful people to work for and with. great time working there
Fun place to work
Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2014
Got to meet new people everyday from all over the world. A nice work environment I must say
Productive work space, community envolvement
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Lilburn, GAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: casual working enviroment
Cons: scheduling of work shifts vary widely
Typical work day is between 4-8 hrs. long, co-workers and management very friendly and willing to assist both customers and co-workers. I have learned to be a more effective listener, responding to only essentials. Hardest part of the job in the work life balance, due to my work schedule. Weekly scheduling varies widely, consistency in rare.
Was ok
Unloader (Former Employee), Montgomery, NYJuly 11, 2014
Was OK. People got hurt a lot, the boxes seem to a lot heavier then it displayed on the box. Sometimes 100 felt like 250.
Fun place to work with fun people, but little room for advancement
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Villa Rica, GAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, great people, emotional connections with the community
Cons: poor management, "the customer is always right" mentality
I've worked for Home Depot for the past year and a half. In that time, I have been promoted, but passed up for a full-time position in favor of someone who is less qualified, but is a single mother of two children. I was told by management that their decision was based on the fact that I have two incomes and the other candidate only has one. I like – more... my job for the most part. In fact, I love it sometimes. Home Depot is all about taking care of customers and making an "emotional connection" with the community. I love this about the company. However, they fail to make an emotional connection with their employees. Sometimes employees are pushed aside and degraded in favor of a customer's needs. Sometimes qualified employees are passed up for opportunities simply because management believes they don't need advancement as badly as other candidates. There are pros and cons to this company as there are with all companies. Home Depot pays well, but management looks for every opportunity to keep you in your place. – less
Mixed feelings
Freight Associate (Former Employee), Clinton, IAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: job was enjoyable
Cons: management
Job was enjoyable. Manager approaches towards required work needs drastic improvements. As a whole I enjoyed working for the company, local managers played favorites to often though. Local store also did not have ENOUGH full time positions available. If they did I probably would have stayed with this company longer than I did.
I love the Medical field
Inventory and Customer Service (Current Employee), Hemet, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: experience, exellent co- workers
Cons: na
A typical day it was 20 to 30 patients per day, it was a really busy days and I enjoy that because you have more experience, you help the patients, the management it was really nice people and my co-workers they was a great pleasure to work with them we make a great team. The hard part of the to be honest it wasn't a hard job because I love to do what – more... I do. In brief words I love what I do and my goal is to be a nurse. – less
A great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 10, 2014
I get to interact with great customers and provide assistance to other co-workers. The hardest part of my job is standing in one spot for m entire shift.The most enjoyable part of the job is having customers leave happy and with the thing the came to buy.
Thorougly enjoyed working with the public.
Cashier/Seasonal (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no medical for part timers
A typical day would include assisting customers, performing cashier duties, using company specific information and equipment. We cleaned and organized the area at the front of the store or in the garden shop. Management was helpful and my co-workers came from very diverse backgrounds. I really enjoyed working/assisting the public.
fast pace enviroment
(previous)Cashier (Former Employee), el cerrito,caJuly 10, 2014
co-workers were friendly, management had a lot of issues
not enough hours, benefits where horrible for part time employees
short shifts, scheduling issues always occurred
on a typical day it was fast paced because there were never enough employees to fulfill the needs of the departments so everyone helped each other out
Productive, Very aggressive
Department Manager (Former Employee), Hempstead, NYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, enjoying making sales
Cons: over stock inventory, nasty attitudes
Walk the floors to check and see if the stock on the shelves needs to be replenished. It was a good tool for learning more about different everyday household products and the science behind them. working with different people everyday really developed my social skills and how to motivate my team to be the best sales associates possible. The hardest – more... thing about that particular job is when it's inventory time and we have to go down every station and count pieces one by one. I enjoyed talking with people explaining the product of interest to meet their standards plus make their day . – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more